The Phineas and Ferb Community Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics

» Hihi - Introduce Yourself
What are your hobbies? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 11:49 pm by eeemeee

» FanFiction
What are your hobbies? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 8:01 am by Roy42

» Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension
What are your hobbies? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 10:15 pm by CoffeeFlavord

» (Fic) Snow Dungeon
What are your hobbies? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:46 am by CoffeeFlavord

» Perry/Doofenshmirtz
What are your hobbies? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:36 am by CoffeeFlavord

» Candace Disconnected
What are your hobbies? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 7:57 pm by CoffeeFlavord

» Where did everybody go?
What are your hobbies? - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 5:26 am by Noellicorn

» Spongebob ?!?
What are your hobbies? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 2:20 am by digigirl02

» Just A Quick Question
What are your hobbies? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 3:59 am by Roy42

+9
ChimneyVator
Laughingcheese:)
IamThePlatypus
XXDarkxStarXX
Livyrosebud
tiggertine
eeemeee
BigNeerav
Roy42
13 posters

What are your hobbies?

Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Number of posts : 1351
    Registration date : 2009-03-01

What are your hobbies? - Page 2 Empty What are your hobbies?

Post by Roy42 Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:48 pm

First topic message reminder :

Everyone is unique when it comes to what they like, apart from, well, Phineas and Ferb, or no one would be here…

So what are your hobbies/likes/dislikes/favorite things? I've even found listing them to be an easy way to find a topic to talk about. (In the correct forum, of course)

Roy42
    Administrator

What are your hobbies? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are your hobbies?

Post by Roy42 Fri May 01, 2009 1:42 am

Sucks to be you people who are still confined by school, I mean at this point in your life it's just more of a second home to you, excluding the time at home that you sleep, you spend more time at the building. Anyone got any favorite subjects? Mine were always mathematics, I.T and performing arts.
    BigNeerav

Number of posts : 699

Post by BigNeerav Fri May 01, 2009 2:09 am

Roy42 wrote:Sucks to be you people who are still confined by school, I mean at this point in your life it's just more of a second home to you, excluding the time at home that you sleep, you spend more time at the building. Anyone got any favorite subjects? Mine were always mathematics, I.T and performing arts.
    There is nothing wrong with continuing your education beyond high school, unless you want to spend the rest of your life pumping gas at a gas station.
    tiggertine
    tiggertine

Number of posts : 456
    Registration date : 2009-03-20

Post by tiggertine Fri May 01, 2009 2:35 am

I enjoy English, drama and graphic design. 8D
    Livyrosebud
    Livyrosebud

Number of posts : 253

Post by Livyrosebud Fri May 01, 2009 3:11 am

I like my Social Studies, mostly because our teacher is the man. FACS class is good too. We're sewing right now, which I find strangely relaxing.
    eeemeee
    eeemeee

Number of posts : 449

Post by eeemeee Sat May 02, 2009 1:53 am

I usually like science, though right now I'm in Chemistry, which can be boring at times and awesome at others.

When it comes to English, meh, it depends what we're doing. Some projects I love, like once when we got to write a short suspense story (mine is called "Curse of the Lawn Gnomes" Very Happy) and once when we got to create an information packet on any subject we wanted. Other things, like long, boring essays that you have to cite a bazillion sources for are not so fun.

I also love my French class, mostly because I'm good at it and because my teacher is awesome. Very Happy (She 'disciplines' kids by hitting them with a stuffed fish.) My drama teacher is also awesome and insane and stuff, so that class is also fun.

Oh, and Neerav, regarding your post, not necessarily. Steve Jobs didn't finish college, and he doesn't exactly pump gas/petrol/whatever-else-you-may-want-to-call-it. Not that I'm saying it isn't a good idea, I plan to go to college and everything, just thought I'd mention that.
    tiggertine
    tiggertine

Post by tiggertine Sat May 02, 2009 3:17 am

English really isn't my best subject, but about all of my English teachers thus far have been utterly insane, which makes about every class fun. 8D Last year there was that English teacher that flung her stuffed monkey from a slingshot every so often.....

My current English teacher takes great pleasure in showering me with praise, then snapping at me shortly after when I ask to get a drink of water. And throwing cupcakes at us right after a big test. 8D
    Livyrosebud
    Livyrosebud

Post by Livyrosebud Sat May 02, 2009 3:40 am

......my English teacher enjoys making us write an essay on "What it means to be an American" and then another essay two weeks later on "How to be a good American citizen" And instead of French, we get to take Chinese. Why, I ask, why? Luckily I didn't get that, because I'm in band.

Number of posts : 334
    Location : The UK or if you prefer a basement in the middle of nowhere where I keep my pencil's and paper.

Post by Laughingcheese:) Sat May 02, 2009 10:33 am

Ok since i missed the whole talk about subjects i will just add it here i like drama and english.My english teacher is very day dreamy.E.G a girl asked her "Miss i need the toilet!" Miss "Take your jumper off then!" i dont get it why a jumper?
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Sat May 02, 2009 11:50 am

Seems almost everyone likes drama/performing arts.
    tiggertine
    tiggertine

Post by tiggertine Sat May 02, 2009 3:47 pm

'Tis a fun class for us spazzes. Cool

Eheh, I recall being a female version of Puck last year for the production of Midsummer Night's Dream....that was a riot. xD

Location : The UK or if you prefer a basement in the middle of nowhere where I keep my pencil's and paper.

Post by Laughingcheese:) Sat May 02, 2009 4:20 pm

Puck? well who was going to be bottom? *evil glares at anyone who miss reads this comment* donkey man!!!! WOOO
    eeemeee
    eeemeee

Number of posts : 449

Post by eeemeee Sat May 02, 2009 8:44 pm

In this little series of plays we're doing soon for second graders, I get to be a ninja hummingbird with ADHD, and a lightsaber. Very Happy Yay!

I haven't actually been in any big productions yet... but I am in stage crew for the school musical right now.

Post by Laughingcheese:) Sat May 02, 2009 8:47 pm

I was in one big play for my school....... i was the dragon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and then i had to put on a posher voice
    Livyrosebud
    Livyrosebud

Post by Livyrosebud Sun May 03, 2009 12:37 am

I don't have enough time to be in our school's plays because of sports and whatnot. I would love to but.....*sigh*
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Sun May 03, 2009 1:59 am

I only was in 2 plays when I was in school, both of which I royally kicked ass at my roles though.

1. A melodrama play that was simply an assignment, I was the bad guy, naturally (made more funny by the fact that I was really short back then, while everyone, including my henchman, was so much taller than me), it was the best one of the class though, so we ended up performing it another 3 times at the Autumn Arts Festival, which was even more awesome.

2. Another old style of comedy, commedia dell'Arte, there wasn't a bad guy necessarily to play, but I still got to play as Gratiano, the scholar, look down on everyone else with a smug face, heheh. Originally, the whole class was supposed to split into 3 and each group would perform one act, but only enough people to make 1 full cast were completely interested, so we gave up on doing it as a class assignment, until the next semester, when we rehearsed it and then performed it 3 times during the day (it went for almost an hour) for 3 separate classes, late towards the end of the year.

Cool thing was, we again got to perform it at a bigger event, our award ceremony at the end of the year. Sure, it was cut down to only have the one plot that was also only including the main points, making it last about 10 minutes max, but I still appeared with a much more significant (in comparison before, I wasn't that important) role, and when the guy playing an idiot henchman came running onto the stage to start the play and (due to wearing socks without shoes) took out one of the mics we were using, it was the greatest moment of the night, apart from when I walked out in my ridiculous costume to accept my award minutes before we went on to perform, while everyone else was wearing neat clothes, heheh.
    IamThePlatypus
    IamThePlatypus

Number of posts : 232
    Registration date : 2009-04-06

Post by IamThePlatypus Thu May 07, 2009 6:24 am

I love acting but I've been told I suck at it. Apparently I overact and am not a terrific singer, so I stay away from the stage unless I'm in the audience. I love musical theatre, and my two best friends are drama geeks, so I go see whatever they're in, buy the soundtrack, and listen to it, singing along really loud in my car. XD
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Thu May 07, 2009 8:43 am

Well even if you overact you can try your hand at melodrama, it's completely for the overacting bunch.

Post by Laughingcheese:) Sat May 09, 2009 9:08 am

Oh YES melodrama i used to enjoy doing that but the warm ups we did where annoying "give me the movment for scared!" *hand is shoved in my fist dramatically* "welldone now love expressed by a man" *i wave at Pip (dude who "teaches" me techniques when i go to drama club)* "Um Pip im a girl......." So you are...well just ignore that...."
    Agent P
    Agent P

Number of posts : 25
    Registration date : 2009-06-07

Post by Agent P Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:47 am

Well I'll try to get back on topic but seeing that this is for talking about your hobbies I'd like to talk about mine then get back on topic. Aside from watching Phineas & Ferb wow I have alot of hobbies. One of them is surfing the Internet. I love all the useless facts I find. One of my main interests is ghosts. Thats 1 reason why my tv.com username is Ghostlover6190. I love a good ghost story & I love to read about ghosts talk about them watch shows about them. I don't care if the show is fact or fiction I love ghost shows. So why am I into P&F then? Another 1 of my interests is platypuses. I'm not like so totally into them I try to find out anything I can about them but I think they are so cute & weird. I can easily get attracted to weird things. Did you know male platypuses have venom in their claws? Female platypuses lose their claws at 3 months or 3 weeks old? I forgot so I'm hoping somebody else knows. Perry is what got me into P&F mainly. Also I was stuck in a hotel room with my mom & cousin when I first watched it & my cousin had the remote so she got to choose what to watch. Like I said earlier 1 of my main interests is ghosts & if you want to talk about them I could go all night with a ghost conversation. You would not believe some of the stuff I have seen. The ghost I have seen the most is Ghost Cat. He's never been mean to me so I'm guessing he's nice. Another 1 of my interests is reading & making up fake outtakes for shows. It was always my favorite thing to do at the Danny Phantom forums at tv.com. I even tried it in the P&F forums there. Did not go so well. I use to be good at it but I think I lost it. I can't come up with good fake outtakes like how I use to. Well it was so easy at first but some of the jokes that we kept bringing back got old. Thats another thing I like about fake outtakes. When someone comes up with something everyone likes they will use it again & again then it becomes a classic. Like if its been gone a while then someone uses it in a good way then its really funny. My favorites for DP forums were the crowbar & the fangirls. I know Tammy thought of many good Doofenshmirtz fangirl jokes that she has not used because she was to embarrassed but I'm bringing them up with her right next to me watching what I'm typing. I'm sure she's cool with it though. Um ok so I was on outtakes. I guess that would be a good spot to turn back to the topic. Acting yeah if people are watching or theres a camera on me I freeze. Which is why I said no to my friend's youtube show. Its about a ceramics class. I read what she has written down for ideas & stuff about it & it looks funny. She actually got the 20 year old senior at our school to play the teacher. His brother is going to play my favorite character Mug. Mug is a guy that is obbsessed with mugs. I love the mug jokes she had written down. TEACHER MUG GOT MUGGED!!! That was my favorite! I also loved what the teacher's responce was. Well thats what happens when your backpack says mug me. Ha nice! Well that does not have much to do with acting. It kinda does. One thing I like about this its 1 of her projects she's doing without me. I almost always work on stuff like that with her. I can act I do it all the time at home & sometimes school but I freeze when there are people I don't know wtching or a camera. When theres both I freeze. As much as I would love to act or be in a play I don't see how its possible & thats strange coming out of me. I'm usually saying anything is possible.

Post by Laughingcheese:) Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:58 pm

Teachers mug got mugged? wow thats some obssesive mug mugging i see Very Happy Twisted Evil
    ILovePhineas15
    ILovePhineas15

Number of posts : 22
    Registration date : 2009-08-10

Post by ILovePhineas15 Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:19 am

When I'm not obsessing over many different subjects, I play the violin or pretty much live at the bookstore! Of course, my local Barnes and Noble has free Wi-Fi, so I'm never too far from Phineas and Ferb goodness! Very Happy
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:36 am

Violin, now that's something I'd love to be able to do. I have recently gotten into learning guitar, which I'm still recovering from the first few days of, but still, knowing a musical instrument is great.
    ILovePhineas15
    ILovePhineas15

Number of posts : 22
    Registration date : 2009-08-10

Post by ILovePhineas15 Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:22 am

Roy42 wrote:Violin, now that's something I'd love to be able to do.

It's a lot of fun, but also a lot of hard work! Unlike the guitar, the fingerboard on the violin doesn't let you know where to place your fingers to play the right note. It's all from memory! Very Happy
    ChatterBox
    ChatterBox

Number of posts : 327
    Registration date : 2009-08-02

Post by ChatterBox Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:16 am

Pfft. Violin. Hard Work? (I'm just messin'). I have played violin and it's more painful than difficult in my opinion, I mean, the chin rest chokes poor, little old me (I just have this thing where I absolutely HATE it when things touch my neck in any way).

Now, if you want to talk about hard (and have them be orchestra instruments) try the bass. Lol, I just like sticking up for my fave instrument. Violin is "difficult" but playing the bass and having tp pull those strings and get sound out of them (which takes longer than it does for let's say, viola) AND keep up with everyone else was hard but I always love a good challenge! Very Happy

Okay, violin is an AMAZING instrument (almost as cool as the bass, nah, I'm just messin'). Plus, you can play the pycho shower scene without sounding completely off and rather... eh...

Moving on, my hobbies excluding music and anything Doofy and P+F related (because there are lot of those) I sing weird songs (who was the guy who sang 'I Got a Pea' and 'The Duck Song' because I'm a fan) and 'Weird Al'. Brittney's not too bad when your bursting out into random singing, not to mention MJ.

I enjoy typing even though nothing I write is worth publishing (a story about a girl and her extremely bizarre brother and then teaches that everyone's different in their own way and that it makes us all special).

I doodle every now and then (and I've had the urge to draw P+F related things but have restrained myself because I suck as drawing and I know I'll end up like those openly weird fangirls and I'm already closer to the "odd" level than I'd like to be (actually, I've passed that).

I also like to just hang out with my friends and talk, most of the time going much further about the simplest and most innocent of topics and completely changing the way they look at them (a.k.a. telling them about a 'Eli's Dirty Jokes' joke involving donuts). Well, it's 4:00 pm already, I think I'm going to bed now. Very Happy

Last edited by ChatterBox on Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
    IamThePlatypus
    IamThePlatypus

Number of posts : 232
    Registration date : 2009-04-06

Post by IamThePlatypus Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:06 am

Yikes! I'll definitely stick with the guitar. Wink
    tiggertine
    tiggertine

Post by tiggertine Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:51 pm

Britney and MJ, the king and queen of pop! And quite deservedly so.

Aw, everyone thinks they suck at drawing. Give it a shot. 8D

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:15 pm