The Phineas and Ferb Community Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics

» Hihi - Introduce Yourself
Perry Lays an Egg EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 11:49 pm by eeemeee

» FanFiction
Perry Lays an Egg EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 8:01 am by Roy42

» Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension
Perry Lays an Egg EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 10:15 pm by CoffeeFlavord

» (Fic) Snow Dungeon
Perry Lays an Egg EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:46 am by CoffeeFlavord

» Perry/Doofenshmirtz
Perry Lays an Egg EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:36 am by CoffeeFlavord

» Candace Disconnected
Perry Lays an Egg EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 7:57 pm by CoffeeFlavord

» Where did everybody go?
Perry Lays an Egg EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 5:26 am by Noellicorn

» Spongebob ?!?
Perry Lays an Egg EmptyMon May 16, 2011 2:20 am by digigirl02

» Just A Quick Question
Perry Lays an Egg EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 3:59 am by Roy42

+5
Experiment630
IamThePlatypus
eeemeee
BigNeerav
Roy42
9 posters

Perry Lays an Egg

Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Number of posts : 1351
    Registration date : 2009-03-01

Perry Lays an Egg Empty Perry Lays an Egg

Post by Roy42 Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:44 am

When an early end to their daily project causes Phineas and Ferb to mistake an egg for Perry's, the boys use all their technological knowhow to help hatch the new part of the family. However Candace has different plans for the egg, as a nature show brings her to be the one to convince Phineas and Ferb that the newborn will need a real mother. Meanwhile, Doofenshmirtz is doing all he can to convince Perry that his latest scheme really is evil.

Share your thoughts on this episode.
    BigNeerav

Number of posts : 699

Perry Lays an Egg Empty Re: Perry Lays an Egg

Post by BigNeerav Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:59 am

I really did not like this episode too much at all.......in fact, this was one episode that I wanted to turn of the TV right in the middle of. The whole concept was just lame.......the main song, "Mother Nature Won" was just awful. The only funny part was in the end where Jeremy noticed Candace in the platypus outfit.......this episode could have been much better than it turned out to be. This, in my opinion, is the worst episode of Season 2 of "Phineas and Ferb". I am really disappointed.
    eeemeee
    eeemeee

Number of posts : 449
    Registration date : 2009-03-20

Post by eeemeee Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:21 pm

Well, I actually liked the "Mother Nature Won" song. I think it really made a good point, actually; we can have all the technology we want, but sometimes machines just can't replace what nature has already created- us!

The giant platyposterior was slightly disturbing, I'm not gonna lie. But I thought it was funny that Mom actually ends up seeing the one thing Candace builds, while all the dozens Phineas and Ferb have built always go unnoticed.

Then there was the DoofenPerry plot, which was something I've been waiting for the likes for awhile- Perry deciding Doofenshmirtz's scheme was ridiculous and harmless enough that he refuses to fight him! And the way Doofenshmirtz chased Perry around begging to be thwarted- priceless! (For everything else there's Mastercard.)

Oh, and for all you Vanessa-is-hot supporters out there, I actually thought that Doofy's old girlfriend was better looking than Vanessa. Ha! The part at the end inside the whale, though... creepy.
    BigNeerav

Post by BigNeerav Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:49 pm

Very true, eeemeee. I agree with your first point completely. There are numerous things in the world that Mother Nature gave us that cannot be replaced or even improved with technology.

Secondly, I did find the whole "platypus posterior" thing to also be disturbing and corny. Where did they get that idea from? confused

Lastly, I was hoping that Doofenschmirtz would end up getting eaten by the whale and then ends up cursing Perry the Platypus. Now that would have been funny, but I did like the ending. Looks like poor Doofenschmirtz has a pretty rough time trying to find that perfect someone to complement his life.
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:16 am

Well Phineas already explained exactly how they came up with the idea for a platypus posterior, they're mechanically inclined, unfortunately that's their only inclination.
    BigNeerav

Post by BigNeerav Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:19 am

Yeah......I saw the platypus posterior and I was kind of scratching my head about it. That is the strangest thing that I have sene Phineas and Ferb build.
    IamThePlatypus
    IamThePlatypus

Number of posts : 232
    Registration date : 2009-04-06

Post by IamThePlatypus Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:05 am

I agree with you Neerav, that the whole mothering the egg thing was quite lame. I mean, between Phineas, Ferb, and Candace, you think someone would realize that Perry is in fact, Male, and thus cannot lay eggs. Honestly I thought that would be Ferb's line or something, but no. It took the bird hatching to realize that it was not Perry's. I go back and forth on the song. At first I liked it, now it annoys me sort of. Meh, not the best nor the worst, will probably settle near "It's a Perfect Day" in forgettable songs.

Also totally agree about the Platyposterior - WTF? o.O

Honestly, that plot seemed more like a fanfic than anything else, I think the fact that this entire episode was based on the line in the first episode "Maybe he'll lay an egg!" makes it particularly fanfic-ish. Didn't have to be done, and I didn't particularly enjoy it. (Although Jeremy's reaction to Candace in the Mom-suit was pretty entertaining. XD)

However, I was laughing SO HARD at the Doofenshmirtz Perry plot in this one! SO funny to see Perry running away from Doof. My ALL TIME FAVORITE moment in this episode is when Perry hides behind the trash can and all of a sudden Doof's head pops up "Thwart me Perry the Platypus..." XD XD XD And the last few seconds were great too! Hahaha!

So the Phineas and Ferb plot was disappointing, but at least the Doofenshmirtz Perry plot redeemed it some. Smile
    eeemeee
    eeemeee

Post by eeemeee Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:28 am

Fair point about them not realizing it couldn't be Perry's. Though I do have a possible explanation about that:

-Phineas, being the sometimes-oblivious guy he is, just didn't think of that.
    -Ferb knew, but just didn't say anything, as per his way.
    -Candace was either caught up in the moment, or thought that perhaps Perry was simply the father of the egg, and the mother was who knows where.
    Experiment630
    Experiment630

Number of posts : 21
    Registration date : 2009-04-13

Post by Experiment630 Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:14 am

To me, this episode was more educational than the others.

Also, I love the Platyposterior. Phineas even said if they had more time, they would have made a complete platypus robot.

"Nothing says 'mother's love' like a giant robotic platypus butt."
    tiggertine
    tiggertine

Number of posts : 456

Post by tiggertine Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:17 am

*still holds onto her strange theory that Perry's actually a girl* What? It's...possible...
    Experiment630
    Experiment630

Number of posts : 21
    Registration date : 2009-04-13

Post by Experiment630 Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:20 am

tiggertine wrote:*still holds onto her strange theory that Perry's actually a girl* What? It's...possible...

Hmmm...the name "Perry" can be used by guys and girls alike...
    tiggertine
    tiggertine

Post by tiggertine Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:31 am

They don't call Perry an egg-laying mammal of action for nuthin'. 8D
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:34 am

Of course not, they call him that because it fits in with his theme music, but anyway, back to the episode.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:00 am

I thought it was good but one of the worse Season 2 episodes. Whilst the writing was excellent as usual... It seemed to be a filler episode so relative to it's fellow Season 2 brethren it was a bit mediocre. I also would rate the song as somewhere at the bottom of the list, as it's message was a bit contrary to everything Phineas and Ferb stand for, i.e building devices and technological masterpieces.
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:22 am

Incredible, Atomius, your comment made me raise my eyebrows, the equivalent of me laughing, by this point of my depressing life.

"Filler Episode"? Do you own a dictionary or even look up the definition of words, by that description you gave of this episode, the entire show is a filler show, just another gap that was to pass last year while we waited for JONAS and Sonny With a Chance.

Yes, the basic plot of the episode was to contradict everything that Phineas and Ferb do, have you watched any other episode of Phineas and Ferb in this second season? Or does Phineas and Ferb spending the day promoting aglet awareness, or building things that their mother ends up seeing, or actually siding with Candace to find out where their stuff goes not count as already contradicting what they did in season 1? That's what season 2 is, Dan and Swampy know what they are doing, they are making the second season be a tonal shift to season 1, which works, so why are you bent on making it sound like it shouldn't work?
    BigNeerav

Post by BigNeerav Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:49 am

I pretty much agree with Atomius in that this was just a BAD, BAD episode. I am not sure about a "filler episode", but this is definitely the worst one of Season 2. I don't know how this one slipped through the cracks. In fact, I wanted to turn off the television right in the middle of the episode (or throw something at the television, which ever worked better). Seriously, I am glad they made up for it with the episode right after that ("Gaming the System) or else I would almost give up on watching any more episode of "Phineas and Ferb". Next time I see junk like this, either I will turn off the television or smah it to bits!
    tiggertine
    tiggertine

Post by tiggertine Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:03 am

*sits in corner with people who didn't absolutely despise the ep, but didn't much fancy it either*
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:09 am

*Stands in an entirely separate room for people who know that the episode was good, a.k.a "Intelligent People"*
    tiggertine
    tiggertine

Post by tiggertine Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:27 am

*envies the Intelligent People, whose titles must be capitalized under any circumstance*

Though I did like the Perry subplot, so I hope that makes me only slightly deficient.
    BigNeerav

Post by BigNeerav Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:18 am

I liked that subplot......I mean, Perry was like "what the heck is this? You call that evil"?. It was pretty funny. Poor Perry.
    eeemeee
    eeemeee

Post by eeemeee Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:49 am

Roy42 wrote:Incredible, Atomius, your comment made me raise my eyebrows, the equivalent of me laughing, by this point of my depressing life.

*shoots Roy with happy-optimist beam*

Life looks so much better with the happy-optimist beam. tongue

Roy42 wrote:"Filler Episode"? Do you own a dictionary or even look up the definition of words, by that description you gave of this episode, the entire show is a filler show, just another gap that was to pass last year while we waited for JONAS and Sonny With a Chance.

Yes, the basic plot of the episode was to contradict everything that Phineas and Ferb do, have you watched any other episode of Phineas and Ferb in this second season? Or does Phineas and Ferb spending the day promoting aglet awareness, or building things that their mother ends up seeing, or actually siding with Candace to find out where their stuff goes not count as already contradicting what they did in season 1? That's what season 2 is, Dan and Swampy know what they are doing, they are making the second season be a tonal shift to season 1, which works, so why are you bent on making it sound like it shouldn't work?

Erm... I don't think he actually meant all that, I think he just meant to say that he thought this particular episode seemed like one that was just put together and not one of the PaF masterpieces new eps usually are. Not that I agree, as...

Roy42 wrote:*Stands in an entirely separate room for people who know that the episode was good, a.k.a "Intelligent People"*

*Goes to Intelligent People room.*
    *feels special*
    IamThePlatypus
    IamThePlatypus

Number of posts : 232
    Registration date : 2009-04-06

Post by IamThePlatypus Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:55 am

I'm ambivalent. I wasn't a huge fan, but I liked this episode much more the second time I watched it (sitting on the couch with my family) not sure exactly WHY I liked it more the second time, but I don't really DISlike it anymore. Not my favorite of season 2, but still good.

And I agree with Roy - the entire show is a filler. Having filler episodes implies there's one flowing ongoing plot, which there isn't for this show. Each episode stands alone, so all the episodes are filler.
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:44 am

IamThePlatypus wrote:I'm ambivalent. I wasn't a huge fan, but I liked this episode much more the second time I watched it (sitting on the couch with my family) not sure exactly WHY I liked it more the second time, but I don't really DISlike it anymore. Not my favorite of season 2, but still good.

And I agree with Roy - the entire show is a filler. Having filler episodes implies there's one flowing ongoing plot, which there isn't for this show. Each episode stands alone, so all the episodes are filler.

It's how Neerav came to like 'Tip of the Day", watch episodes at least 27 - 42 times and you'll love them, you just have to actually be open to them.

Uh, nageM, who gave you permission to shoot me with such a beam, regardless of how ineffective it was? And don't let me get started on you joining the entirely different room. Matter of fact, that room is now for people who love every episode no matter what, not for just this episode.
    BigNeerav

Post by BigNeerav Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:59 pm

I am still rather indifferent to the episode "Tip of the Day" (an episode about promoting the tip of a shoelace? What?), though the whole "A-G-L-E-T-S" song is not bad at all. This episode ("Perry Lays An Egg") is FAR worse.......the only part of this episode, other than the Doofenschmirtz/Perry part, was the end, where Jeremy comments about Candace's "mommy suit". Other than that, the rest of the episode was just blah.
    ChimneyVator
    ChimneyVator

Number of posts : 238
    Registration date : 2009-04-11

Post by ChimneyVator Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:14 pm

I'd have to agree. This and "Attack of the 50-Foot Candace" (and its rather anvilicious message about inner beauty) are my least favorite from season 2. I wasn't a big fan of the subplot, either. What's the point of having Perry the Platypus if Doofy is so useless as to not even need one? I'd LOVE to watch an episode (but only one or two episodes) where Perry fights someone much more competent than him...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:10 pm