The Phineas and Ferb Community Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics

» Hihi - Introduce Yourself
Gaming the System EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 11:49 pm by eeemeee

» FanFiction
Gaming the System EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 8:01 am by Roy42

» Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension
Gaming the System EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 10:15 pm by CoffeeFlavord

» (Fic) Snow Dungeon
Gaming the System EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:46 am by CoffeeFlavord

» Perry/Doofenshmirtz
Gaming the System EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:36 am by CoffeeFlavord

» Candace Disconnected
Gaming the System EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 7:57 pm by CoffeeFlavord

» Where did everybody go?
Gaming the System EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 5:26 am by Noellicorn

» Spongebob ?!?
Gaming the System EmptyMon May 16, 2011 2:20 am by digigirl02

» Just A Quick Question
Gaming the System EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 3:59 am by Roy42

+5
tiggertine
IamThePlatypus
eeemeee
BigNeerav
Roy42
9 posters

Gaming the System

Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Number of posts : 1351
    Registration date : 2009-03-01

Gaming the System Empty Gaming the System

Post by Roy42 Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:53 am

Buford has a new game, "Jump and Duck", which everyone is loving the look of. But Phineas is always one for a challenge, and Candace's comment about a game "sucking them in" is just the inspiration he needs to create a virtual reality machine of "Jump and Duck". The trouble begins when Candace, in her preparations for a Cotillion Jeremy has asked her to, gets pulled in before the boys. Meanwhile, Doofenshmirtz has a slightly more disturbing childhood horror revenge story, but is the song and dance really necessary for this one?

Share your thoughts on this episode.
    BigNeerav

Number of posts : 699

Gaming the System Empty Re: Gaming the System

Post by BigNeerav Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:04 am

I liked this episode a lot. Reminds me of one of the fanfics that Roy wrote in recent months in which Phineas and Isabella were in a virtual world. I liked the overall idea.......poor Candace got trapped in the game, but seemed to be enjoying it for some time. The best part of the episode was when they dealt with the boss (i.e. Buford) both in the video game (where Phineas and Ferb dies a virtual death) and in real life. The song "Let's Get Digital" was very catchy. A great episode and one worth watching.
    eeemeee
    eeemeee

Number of posts : 449
    Registration date : 2009-03-20

Post by eeemeee Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:15 pm

Yes, I really liked this episode's song... seemed very modern. (Another one of the things I like about the show there; in a lot of shows, they try to act all modern but often fail miserably, this one is right up with the times.)

And the DoofenPerry plot was absolutely implosion-by-laughing worthy! Doofy in his ball gown, ehehehe. And Ferb's line, or more accurately, Ferb's line and the circumstances under which it was said, nearly made me explode with hilarious joy!
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:18 am

I liked more the videogame references and trivia that was in it, reference to the DSi, sort of, after the entire struggle, multiple lives, a double boss, it rings very true about a lot of games for me.
    BigNeerav

Post by BigNeerav Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:23 am

eeemeee wrote:Yes, I really liked this episode's song... seemed very modern. (Another one of the things I like about the show there; in a lot of shows, they try to act all modern but often fail miserably, this one is right up with the times.)

And the DoofenPerry plot was absolutely implosion-by-laughing worthy! Doofy in his ball gown, ehehehe. And Ferb's line, or more accurately, Ferb's line and the circumstances under which it was said, nearly made me explode with hilarious joy!
    The song "Let's Go Digital" is one of the best songs that the creators of the show have come up with. Doofy's line when he got hit by the ray and had a gown on him was one of the best lines of the show by far.
    IamThePlatypus
    IamThePlatypus

Number of posts : 232
    Registration date : 2009-04-06

Post by IamThePlatypus Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:57 am

The Phineas and Ferb side of this one I really enjoyed - the living computer game may not be the most original idea, but it was cleverly executed and the song was really cool, I also liked the part near the end where Phineas and Ferb "died" and Candace was all, "Noooooo!" (Although having extra lives was pretty obvious - silly Candace, she needs to play more Nintendo. Razz)

Not a huge fan of the Doof and Perry side of it though, I felt like it was sort of immature, trying to get jokes making boys dress up in dresses, I was just like... meh... this really isn't that funny (though I did chuckle through the credits "I'm honored... and really embaressed."

I really didn't feel like this was one of the bests (except for maybe the song) but I liked it.
    eeemeee
    eeemeee

Post by eeemeee Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:35 am

Roy42 wrote:I liked more the videogame references and trivia that was in it, reference to the DSi, sort of, after the entire struggle, multiple lives, a double boss, it rings very true about a lot of games for me.

Yeah, I had a feeling you'd like/actually understand all the video game lingo, especially in the song. The song had a lot of terms I'd heard of but didn't really understand.

IamThePlatypus wrote:Not a huge fan of the Doof and Perry side of it though, I felt like it was sort of immature, trying to get jokes making boys dress up in dresses, I was just like... meh... this really isn't that funny (though I did chuckle through the credits "I'm honored... and really embaressed."

What, the sight of Doofy in a ball gown didn't make you explode with joyous hilarity? Geesh, you should hang out with Tig and me more often. Razz

Okay, on the serious side, meh, I suppose you have a point that it is kind of immature... but, in my opinion, it's one of those rare things which is funny when you're a child, and continues to be freakin' hilarious pretty much forever. Very Happy
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:30 am

I'm getting more and more convinced that even people who love Phineas and Ferb are finding it harder and harder to embrace truly original concepts, as have been shown in the new episodes.

I do like the lyrics of the song though, that was fun. I hope this episode doesn't spoil a question I was going to ask though.
    BigNeerav

Post by BigNeerav Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:44 am

I also found the last part of the episode to be quite funny. I can never imagine Phineas and Ferb in a ballgown dress, but seeing it in this epsidoe was quite funny. Then again, Doofenschmirtz in a ballgown dress was even funnier.
    IamThePlatypus
    IamThePlatypus

Post by IamThePlatypus Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:32 am

eeemeee wrote:

What, the sight of Doofy in a ball gown didn't make you explode with joyous hilarity? Geesh, you should hang out with Tig and me more often. Razz

Okay, on the serious side, meh, I suppose you have a point that it is kind of immature... but, in my opinion, it's one of those rare things which is funny when you're a child, and continues to be freakin' hilarious pretty much forever. Very Happy

I'll admit, I laughed a bit at first. Just didn't think it was the funniest thing.

*must avoid being sucked in... must avoid being sucked in...* *snicker...*
    tiggertine
    tiggertine

Number of posts : 456

Post by tiggertine Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:00 pm

Pshaaaaaaah, it's nearly impossible to resist the forces of squealy fangirliness!....teehee.

....aaaanywayz. Good eppie. 'Let's Get Digital' was catchy.

"Okay, stop falling now....stop falling....stop."
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:29 am

Am I the only one who got taken a slight bit aback by the up close shot of Candace just quickly readjusting her towel? Just thought I should check.
    tiggertine
    tiggertine

Post by tiggertine Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:46 am

*raises hand*
    BigNeerav

Post by BigNeerav Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:55 am

Roy42 wrote:Am I the only one who got taken a slight bit aback by the up close shot of Candace just quickly readjusting her towel? Just thought I should check.
    I noticed that also, and still wonder what that was all about. Would be worth checking out, but it did seem odd to me.
    Livyrosebud
    Livyrosebud

Number of posts : 253

Post by Livyrosebud Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:59 am

I was slighty surprised at the fact that she was running around in a towel throughout most of the episode, but the readjusting part really caught me by surprise.
    IamThePlatypus
    IamThePlatypus

Post by IamThePlatypus Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:52 am

I agree with all the above statements - I really thought it was even odd she went walking outside in just a towel anyways, but then for her to be wearing it the entire video game sequence. The readjusting thing did catch me off-guard as kind of a "woah" moment at first, but coming to think about it, it's really no worse than her wearing the towel around anyways, it was sort of akin to hiking her pants up in the usual showdown fashion, it's just all she was wearing... was... a towel... you know, the more I try to justify it, the worse it sounds in my own mind...
    ChimneyVator
    ChimneyVator

Number of posts : 238
    Registration date : 2009-04-11

Post by ChimneyVator Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:42 pm

I realise the towel covered everything that needed to be covered and that most swimsuits are more revealing, but it still didn't seem right that she not only walked outside but fought aliens with it. Why not give her some cool outfit once she was sucked in the game? I didn't really notice when she re-adusted the towel- I was more worried when Jermey nearly saw her dressed like that...
    BigNeerav

Post by BigNeerav Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:56 pm

IamThePlatypus wrote:I agree with all the above statements - I really thought it was even odd she went walking outside in just a towel anyways, but then for her to be wearing it the entire video game sequence. The readjusting thing did catch me off-guard as kind of a "woah" moment at first, but coming to think about it, it's really no worse than her wearing the towel around anyways, it was sort of akin to hiking her pants up in the usual showdown fashion, it's just all she was wearing... was... a towel... you know, the more I try to justify it, the worse it sounds in my own mind...
    I watched the scene again and it does seem odd that for most of the episode that she was wearing a towel around her. I also noticed the moment where she had to "readjust" her towel.......I ask like "hmph, that is odd". If she didn't adjust her towel, I guess that would lead to some sort of "wardrobe malfunction" on our hards in that episode.
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:18 am

I didn't find it completely odd that she went outside in her towel, after all it was their backyard. I did find it odd that she unplugged her hairdryer and took it out with her.
    BigNeerav

Post by BigNeerav Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:50 am

Yeah, I mean, why would you carry your blow dryer outside with you instead of just unplugging it and leaving it in the bathroom? Weird.
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:00 am

Or maybe she needed to emphasise the fact that she was trying to blow dry her hair, even though the cotillion obviously wasn't for several hours, she had to take that long to get ready.
    eeemeee
    eeemeee

Post by eeemeee Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:50 am

Roy42 wrote:Am I the only one who got taken a slight bit aback by the up close shot of Candace just quickly readjusting her towel? Just thought I should check.

*also raises hand*

Definitely one of those, "Whoa, they're seeing how far they can push it again!" moments.

IamThePlatypus wrote:I really thought it was even odd she went walking outside in just a towel anyways

So did I. I mean, I certainly wouldn't go walking around in a towel outside, even if it is in my own backyard, especially if my little brothers' friends were there. Shocked And one has to wonder how in the world she got through all the physical movement the videogame required without the towel falling off...!
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:36 am

I found the towel thing a bit like the scene in the Lake Nose Monster where Candace says something like 'you're not old enough to know what THAT is'... it's not too risque really but yeah it did make me go 'huh' a bit
    BigNeerav

Post by BigNeerav Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:05 pm

Unless it is an emergency, I would not go out wearing a towel.......I mean first off, it looks really bad, and secondly, what if, in the middle of the wole scenario, the towel falls off. Yikes. That towel must have been wrapped around Candace pretty tight for it to not fall off during most of the epsidoe, except when she had to "readjust" it.
    tiggertine
    tiggertine

Post by tiggertine Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:02 pm

I don't know, perhaps it was fanservice. Granted, I don't know anyone who wants to see Candace running around in a towel, but still....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:02 pm