The Phineas and Ferb Community Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics

» Hihi - Introduce Yourself
Cut 'n' Paste Episodes. EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 11:49 pm by eeemeee

» FanFiction
Cut 'n' Paste Episodes. EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 8:01 am by Roy42

» Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension
Cut 'n' Paste Episodes. EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 10:15 pm by CoffeeFlavord

» (Fic) Snow Dungeon
Cut 'n' Paste Episodes. EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:46 am by CoffeeFlavord

» Perry/Doofenshmirtz
Cut 'n' Paste Episodes. EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:36 am by CoffeeFlavord

» Candace Disconnected
Cut 'n' Paste Episodes. EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 7:57 pm by CoffeeFlavord

» Where did everybody go?
Cut 'n' Paste Episodes. EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 5:26 am by Noellicorn

» Spongebob ?!?
Cut 'n' Paste Episodes. EmptyMon May 16, 2011 2:20 am by digigirl02

» Just A Quick Question
Cut 'n' Paste Episodes. EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 3:59 am by Roy42

+3
ChimneyVator
tiggertine
Roy42
7 posters

Cut 'n' Paste Episodes.

Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Number of posts : 1351
    Registration date : 2009-03-01

Cut 'n' Paste Episodes. Empty Cut 'n' Paste Episodes.

Post by Roy42 Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:12 am

I have recently been watching a lot of animated shows, mostly because I downloaded seasons 1-5 of Fairly Odd Parents and sat through it for an entire day or so.

It occurred to me after then watching some other old, and slightly newer, T.V shows, that in animation, even in Phineas and Ferb, there are episodes that are basically cut and pasted from another episode or reference.

Take three episodes of three cartoons

Fairly Odd Parents - Season 1 - Tiny Timmy

Phineas and Ferb - Season 1 - Journey to the Center of Candace

Family Guy - Season 3 - Emission Impossible

All three episodes have varying storylines, however all three of them are basic cut and pastes of the concept that was already done in "Fantastic Voyage".

Taking that knowledge in mind, can you think of any more cut and pastes, before I name them all?
    tiggertine
    tiggertine

Number of posts : 456
    Registration date : 2009-03-20

Cut 'n' Paste Episodes. Empty Re: Cut 'n' Paste Episodes.

Post by tiggertine Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:15 am

Body switching. Almost every show I can think of has at least one "take a walk in their shoes" episode. xD
    ChimneyVator
    ChimneyVator

Number of posts : 238
    Registration date : 2009-04-11

Post by ChimneyVator Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:34 am

Trapped in a TV/ Movie/ Video Game. The Fairly Oddparents had an entire special devoted to it.
    phineasavatar1
    phineasavatar1

Number of posts : 126
    Registration date : 2009-04-07

Post by phineasavatar1 Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:59 am

A "battle of the bands" or at least characters creating a band. Along with this, they will almost always have a reference to The Beatles. I'll list a few....

Phineas and Ferb ("Flop Starz")

Jimmy Neutron ("Boys in the Band")

Spongebob ("Band Geeks")

Yin, Yang, Yo! (Can't remember)

Powerpuff Girls (I believe a few)

Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends (Can't remember)

That's just a few.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:29 am

cloning. that's a common theme in many shows. Now in Phineas and Ferb it was technically making robotic clones, but nonetheless it's similar.

also 'interview with a platypus', whilst it's exact plot is singular, has similarities in context with other similar 'testing the boundaries' episodes whereby a commonly considered 'tried and true' and taken for granted element of a characters nature, the plot, etc are tested but never actually broken, in this case that perry doesn't speak. Another example would be 'isabella decides to ask phineas on a date but decides after a while not to go ahead with it'

Attack of the 50 foot sister had the whole 'growing enourmously' theme, which is also to be found in an old Round the Twist episode with Pete Twist and Santa Claus i remember vaguely...

Out to Launch... well space themed episodes are common
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:50 am

Atomius wrote: Another example would be 'isabella decides to ask phineas on a date but decides after a while not to go ahead with it'

Out to Launch... well space themed episodes are common

1. That's never happened, unless you're referring to the end of Out to Launch, but that wasn't even a date.

2. However I'm not talking about themes, I'm talking about the plot concept. Of course just about every show has had a space themed episode, but the plot concept hasn't been done before.

Also, (directed at everyone) I'm not saying you have to find something that was in PaF and find a cut and paste of it, I'm asking you to name just any shows that have cut and pasted the plot concept.
    tiggertine
    tiggertine

Number of posts : 456

Post by tiggertine Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:10 pm

phineasavatar1 wrote:A "battle of the bands" or at least characters creating a band. Along with this, they will almost always have a reference to The Beatles.
    Haha, I remember that episode of PPG that consisted entirely of Beatles references and lyrics....haha, it was brilliant. "Meet the Beat-Alls".

...anyway. The oh-so-special hour-long "yay our fave pairin iz gettin 2gether!1!" episode.
    phineasavatar1
    phineasavatar1

Number of posts : 126
    Registration date : 2009-04-07

Post by phineasavatar1 Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:03 am

tiggertine wrote:
    phineasavatar1 wrote:A "battle of the bands" or at least characters creating a band. Along with this, they will almost always have a reference to The Beatles.
    Haha, I remember that episode of PPG that consisted entirely of Beatles references and lyrics....haha, it was brilliant. "Meet the Beat-Alls".

...anyway. The oh-so-special hour-long "yay our fave pairin iz gettin 2gether!1!" episode.

Ah yes, those episodes. Some times they rock, other times they're just so redundant and cheesy. That episode was very funny, lol. The entire episode was just non-stop back-to-back references to the Beatles, it was amazing.

Another thing I've noticed is shows have a "first day at school" episode, which are all the exact same (i.e., they meet a bully and become friends later, etc.)
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:57 am

Free Willy: Almost every cartoon has an episode wherein a sea creature dramatically jumps over a rock or some generic arbitrary structure, with a plucky little boy underneath, cheering the whatever-it-is onwards, until you want to punch them both.
    Laughingcheese:)
    Laughingcheese:)

Number of posts : 334
    Location : The UK or if you prefer a basement in the middle of nowhere where I keep my pencil's and paper.

Post by Laughingcheese:) Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:23 pm

Dont many cartoons have the classic King kong empire state buliding scene Phineas and ferb have done it,scooby doo has and if i remember rightly the grim adventures of billy and mandy have
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:09 am

Although I did like PaF's take on it, never saying exactly what the "familiar theme" was, but basically giving it to us.
    IamThePlatypus
    IamThePlatypus

Number of posts : 232
    Registration date : 2009-04-06

Post by IamThePlatypus Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:00 am

Time travel. Almost every carton has an episode where, by some means or another, the characters end up going back to prehistoric times, or back to sometime earlier in the lives of the characters.

I know i've seen more, but these are the ones I can think of:
    Phineas and Ferb: It's About Time!
    Darkwing Duck: Extinct Possibility (back to dinosaurs) Paraducks (back in Darkwing's life)
    Kim Possible: A Sitch in Time
    Helouise
    Helouise

Number of posts : 35
    Registration date : 2009-08-03

Post by Helouise Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:35 pm

You're talking about Plot Archetypes. The most common are:

Switcharoo
    - Teen Titans, P&F, Jimmy Neutron, FOP, Kim Possible et.c

Shrinking
    -The Simpsons, Futurama, P&F, FOP, Danny Phantom, Jimmy Neutron

Dallas Dream Ending
    - P&F, Futurama, Jimmy Neutron, and a TON other shows I can't remember

Funny enough we've seen all of these in P&F so far, and there are like a million more... They've also worked off the very common Jules Verne plot from the book "20,000 Leagues Below The Sea"
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:10 am

Helouise wrote:You're talking about Plot Archetypes.

I knew there was an easier way to say it, still, I prefer Cut 'n' Pastes.
    Helouise
    Helouise

Post by Helouise Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:53 pm

Well, you can call it whatever you want Very Happy I just know it as "Plot Archetypes" from ages ago on toonzone, anyways... There's nothing wrong with Plot Archetypes, since they're more of a standard requirement

They date back for as far as animation goes. Just like people saying "Every show needs a [insert series] reference". Like P&F have done a lot of those too, like Star Wars, famous novels, famous movies, et.c

... Still waiting for the mandatory X-Files one
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:58 pm

Well they mainly just do Star Wars because everyone who works on Phineas and Ferb are fans.
    Helouise
    Helouise

Post by Helouise Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:18 pm

Yeah, that's kinda like Fairly Oddparents... Butch Hartman is like the biggest Star Wars nerd on the planet, so you'll most likely catch a reference in every single episode. I haven't caught that many in P&F, but they're definitely there... lots of video game references in P&F too (wich is fun for us gamers)

I think what I like the most (which most likely threads back to Dan's days on Family Guy) is all the "current time" references to things... like newer movies, games and internet phenomenons (like Doofenshmirtz laughing at lolcats, "Invisible cheeseburger!"). You barely see that in other cartoons... at least I can't recall any other cartoon that does this
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:25 pm

Helouise wrote:Yeah, that's kinda like Fairly Oddparents... Butch Hartman is like the biggest Star Wars nerd on the planet, so you'll most likely catch a reference in every single episode. I haven't caught that many in P&F, but they're definitely there... lots of video game references in P&F too (wich is fun for us gamers)

I think what I like the most (which most likely threads back to Dan's days on Family Guy) is all the "current time" references to things... like newer movies, games and internet phenomenons (like Doofenshmirtz laughing at lolcats, "Invisible cheeseburger!"). You barely see that in other cartoons... at least I can't recall any other cartoon that does this

1. Watch "The Chronicles of Meap" and keep an ear out for the Star Wars references in it, as well as "Out To Launch" and a few others.

2. Then there's things like Carl and Monogram playing Rock Band, in "Flop Starz", podcasts is one of the mentioned media outlets that can be used to gain money from PFT's one performance, which is obviously not mentioned in any other cartoons, unless some of the new Family Guy episodes have it, since I haven't cared much for them and thus haven't watched them.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:34 pm