The Phineas and Ferb Community Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics

» Hihi - Introduce Yourself
Phineas and ferb are misunderstood!!!! - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 11:49 pm by eeemeee

» FanFiction
Phineas and ferb are misunderstood!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 8:01 am by Roy42

» Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension
Phineas and ferb are misunderstood!!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 10:15 pm by CoffeeFlavord

» (Fic) Snow Dungeon
Phineas and ferb are misunderstood!!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:46 am by CoffeeFlavord

» Perry/Doofenshmirtz
Phineas and ferb are misunderstood!!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:36 am by CoffeeFlavord

» Candace Disconnected
Phineas and ferb are misunderstood!!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 7:57 pm by CoffeeFlavord

» Where did everybody go?
Phineas and ferb are misunderstood!!!! - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 5:26 am by Noellicorn

» Spongebob ?!?
Phineas and ferb are misunderstood!!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 2:20 am by digigirl02

» Just A Quick Question
Phineas and ferb are misunderstood!!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 3:59 am by Roy42

+17
Crowfeather
Ferbelle
Giordano
TheFraggable74
Helouise
PaFfanatic
LillyCrystal
phineasfletcher
ChatterBox
Livyrosebud
eeemeee
IamThePlatypus
ChimneyVator
Roy42
BigNeerav
tiggertine
Laughingcheese:)
21 posters

Phineas and ferb are misunderstood!!!!

Number of posts : 334
    Location : The UK or if you prefer a basement in the middle of nowhere where I keep my pencil's and paper.
    Registration date : 2009-03-20

Phineas and ferb are misunderstood!!!! - Page 2 Empty Phineas and ferb are misunderstood!!!!

Post by Laughingcheese:) Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:27 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hi Laughingcheese here and i would just like to discuss why people think phineas and ferb is a "babY" program.I am really fed up of people/whatever you want to call them accusing phineas and ferb of being childish and silly.This annoys me because i know for a fact that this is not true but why do people believe this? Is it the fact that the agent p/dr doofenshmirtz plot is too simliar to kim possible?,is it the fact that phineas and ferb are children themselves?,or is it the "new" age of children who want to watch stuff like hannah montana?.I think that politley asking this question might make other people find that phineas and ferb is great!!!! ( sorry i sound like that frosties tiger)............(sorry if this topics in the wrong place as i have been searching where to put it)

Phineas and ferb are misunderstood!!!! - Page 2 180px-Perry_Doofenshmirtz_Zinc_Foil

phineasfletcher

Number of posts : 19
    Registration date : 2009-08-01

Phineas and ferb are misunderstood!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Phineas and ferb are misunderstood!!!!

Post by phineasfletcher Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:18 am

Laughingcheese:) wrote:Ok i have an example what people are thinking of phineas and ferb.My friend and i where filling in a questionaire,I randomly commented that i havent been on the PaF forum for a WHOLE DAY!!! quite innocently.She turned to me and said "Rachael you are pathetic.Phineas and ferb is the saddest cartoon going and you think that there actually any other people who like phineas and ferb apart from that little forum..i dont think so.i bet PaF have about 10 members while twilight (gggrrrr) has thousands.Rachael all the characters are gay and stupid and its not even injoyable.I bet youd want to go on a date with a stupid peice of paper.Also of all places its on disney which is sad.tALK TO ME WHEN YOU GET A GOOD OBBSESSION LIKE TWILIGHT!" then she got up and left because the bell went.

I have come to a conclusion that maybe people think this because its on disney.When people think of disney nowadays they think of obnoxious teenagers and unfunny jokes.I am literally fed up so i sent her many PaF pics on a twilight page of hers am sorry but it had to be done!!!! Sad
    twilight fans are the most annoying they alwarys mock other peoples favorites unless its twillight f
    LillyCrystal
    LillyCrystal

Number of posts : 40
    Registration date : 2009-08-02

Phineas and ferb are misunderstood!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Phineas and ferb are misunderstood!!!!

Post by LillyCrystal Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:57 am

Laughingcheese:) wrote:Ok i have an example what people are thinking of phineas and ferb.My friend and i where filling in a questionaire,I randomly commented that i havent been on the PaF forum for a WHOLE DAY!!! quite innocently.She turned to me and said "Rachael you are pathetic.Phineas and ferb is the saddest cartoon going and you think that there actually any other people who like phineas and ferb apart from that little forum..i dont think so.i bet PaF have about 10 members while twilight (gggrrrr) has thousands.Rachael all the characters are gay and stupid and its not even injoyable.I bet youd want to go on a date with a stupid peice of paper.Also of all places its on disney which is sad.tALK TO ME WHEN YOU GET A GOOD OBBSESSION LIKE TWILIGHT!" then she got up and left because the bell went.

I have come to a conclusion that maybe people think this because its on disney.When people think of disney nowadays they think of obnoxious teenagers and unfunny jokes.I am literally fed up so i sent her many PaF pics on a twilight page of hers am sorry but it had to be done!!!! Sad

i know exactly how you feel. My oldest brother and i agree on pretty much everything (we practically think alike) but on the day of his prom he was sitting in the living room while my dad (big PnF fan) was watching Phineas and Ferb. And when i walked passed him because i was so shocked that he was actually watching a couple of episodes, he turned to me and said, "This show is a cheap rip off of Dexter's Laboratory". And i was just mouth a gape at that point. When i asked him how so he said, "Because Phineas and Ferb are kinda like Dexter put together and this platypus guy is practically exactly like monkey because he lives a double life just like him." of course after that we got into a big argument. my brother wasn't trying to be mean, he was just stating his opinion, and he even told me that our little debate was just for fun...but it really pushed my buttons when he said that he "didn't like the show because it wasn't original enough". ORIGINAL ENOUGH?! REALLY?!

My brothers just don't get the show, and i know my oldest brother really well...Phineas and Ferb would really be something he would like if he just gave it a chance. But what I always end up telling them is "Well you know what, you guys just want to NOT like it because it's on the girly channel." that usual always shuts them up...because they know it's true. They won't give Phineas and Ferb a chance because they know it's disney. it's ridiculous! and it just drives me insane every time i accidentally bring up the show in their presence.
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Number of posts : 1351
    Registration date : 2009-03-01

Post by Roy42 Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:03 am

LillyCrystal wrote:My brothers just don't get the show, and i know my oldest brother really well...Phineas and Ferb would really be something he would like if he just gave it a chance. But what I always end up telling them is "Well you know what, you guys just want to NOT like it because it's on the girly channel." that usual always shuts them up...because they know it's true. They won't give Phineas and Ferb a chance because they know it's disney. it's ridiculous! and it just drives me insane every time i accidentally bring up the show in their presence.

Inform them that it was not only conceptualised in the 90s, about the time that Dexter's Lab was starting, or even before it started, but that Dan and Swampy weren't just submitting it to Disney, they went to EVERYONE. See what reaction they have after that.
    LillyCrystal
    LillyCrystal

Post by LillyCrystal Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:07 am

i think i did bring that up to my oldest brother, but he kept trying to go around that (he also didn't answer my dad when he asked him if there was another character like Doofenshmirtz in most cartoons) so i know he knew i had a point. But i'll be sure to bring that up again the next time we get into a debate about the show.
    PaFfanatic
    PaFfanatic

Number of posts : 136
    Registration date : 2009-08-01

Post by PaFfanatic Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:29 am

[/quote] They won't give Phineas and Ferb a chance because they know it's disney. it's ridiculous! and it just drives me insane every time i accidentally bring up the show in their presence.[/quote]

Trust me, I've been there too. I casually mentioned the show to my friend, and she said something along the lines of "Oh, that stupid show?" (Mind you, she hasn't even seen the show.) But other than that, I think there are a couple people my age who watch the show. They'd never openly admit it though. The rest of them are too busy watching "The Hills". Rolling Eyes

Last edited by PaFfanatic on Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:38 am; edited 1 time in total
    LillyCrystal
    LillyCrystal

Post by LillyCrystal Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:34 am

most people my age like Phineas and Ferb. I'll usually be drawing in class and everybody will automatically notice that i'm drawing Perry the Platypus and say "woah you did an awesome job!" and when we were reading an article about the duckbilled platypus in my horrid biology class, a bunch of the ninth graders started talking about Perry and Phineas and Ferb.

nobody at school has yet to say to me that the show is stupid (only my brothers really) but most of my friends really don't think it's all that great.
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:43 am

I have some other friends from another forum, I do mention often that I write fanfiction, eventually they asked what show it was for, when I mentioned it was Phineas and Ferb, one of the newer members said something along the lines of "It's a stupid show, I haven't watched it before, but nothing on Disney is good anymore."

Similar to your brothers, Lilly, but he only dismissed it because of the "quality" of all the other shows that had come in the years before and came after Phineas and Ferb, however after watching it himself a few days later, along with a couple of other members, they did admit it was quite good.
    LillyCrystal
    LillyCrystal

Post by LillyCrystal Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:50 am

I would really like to try and get my brothers to sit down and watch a couple of episodes and just watch it for fun and not to prove their point that it's dumb. What i suggest to them is to not watch the show with me, my little brother, or my dad, and just watch it on their own. That's how i got into the series, i just sat down, watched it and gave it a chance. Like i've told them before, they don't have to love it, they just need to see why the series is good.
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:54 am

How old is your oldest brother?
    LillyCrystal
    LillyCrystal

Post by LillyCrystal Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:55 am

he's 18.
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:02 am

Figured something close to that, if he remembered Dexter's Lab, but still, he's obviously just being stubborn, as proved on this forum alone, there's fans of the show at and over that age, I think you should try and get him to watch an episode of the show and just hope for the best, or just not bring it up and/or watch it near him.
    LillyCrystal
    LillyCrystal

Post by LillyCrystal Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:04 am

yeah i think he's being stubborn too. thanks i'll be sure to do that, i already try not to bring up the show to him...but my little brother often does. The next time he starts talking about cartoons i'll try to ask him to just watch the show just to give it a chance.
    BigNeerav

Number of posts : 699

Post by BigNeerav Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:10 am

You know, this reminds us of a very well-known proverb: "Never judge a book by its cover". They say that the show sucks without even watching it.......and if they do that to anything else in life, they are not going to make any friends (instead, they will make more enemies). Just a thought.
    LillyCrystal
    LillyCrystal

Post by LillyCrystal Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:12 am

it makes it worse for them if they go around saying the show sucks to anyone who brings it up, and then they watch the show and end up loving it. So they come back and have to admit that they were being ignorant. That's happened to a couple of people i know.
    BigNeerav

Post by BigNeerav Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:14 am

I like to be MUCH more meaner than that.......and REALLY let them know how bad thier stupidity really is. Then they will really learn the lesson the hard way.
    LillyCrystal
    LillyCrystal

Post by LillyCrystal Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:17 am

to be honest i tend to do that too...i just don't like to admit that i'm really mean to ignorant people (always afraid of what people will think of me). but seriously, it really seems like it is the only way to teach them that you can't go around saying something is stupid if you don't know a thing about it. i swear does kind of people can be real idiots.
    ChatterBox
    ChatterBox

Number of posts : 327

Post by ChatterBox Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:24 am

LillyCrystal wrote:yeah i think he's being stubborn too. thanks i'll be sure to do that, i already try not to bring up the show to him...but my little brother often does. The next time he starts talking about cartoons i'll try to ask him to just watch the show just to give it a chance.

Good idea but if he actually agrees to watching an episode, you probably ought to have an episode in mind that he might like.

The only question is; what's his "humor type"? If he likes strange yet still good kind of things than maybe a strange but yet still good episode ('Does this Duckbill make me Look Fat?' could possibly fall under that catergory). If he likes random then do a random episode and so on. I mean, don't show him an episode that doesn't fit his hunor because then it'll give him a bad impression. I'm sure you already know this but if you didn't know, I enjoy pointing out the so blatantly obvious it's mind-boggling that I'd even hope that I might be helping someone.
    LillyCrystal
    LillyCrystal

Post by LillyCrystal Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:28 am

well i have been thinking of what kind of episode to show him...but i never put into consideration of trying to fit his humor type, so thanks for that kind of idea. Personally i think an episode like "Does This Duckbill Make Me Look Fat" is actually a good one to show him. I think he would find the idea quite humorous. I'm going to think long and hard about what episode i should get him to watch now, thank you for that.
    ChatterBox
    ChatterBox

Post by ChatterBox Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:32 am

*snaps* Okay! (oh my goat, what have I become!?)

Glad I could help with something. 'Does this Duckbill make me Look Fat?' is a good episode in my opinion to show a "first-timer" but I know there are probably a lot more.
    LillyCrystal
    LillyCrystal

Post by LillyCrystal Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:35 am

yeah there are, so i'll think it over a while and when i come up with the right one, i'll be sure to try and get him to watch it
    BigNeerav

Post by BigNeerav Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:36 am

At least get him to watch.......you don't know until you try, and that goes for evrything in life.
    ChatterBox
    ChatterBox

Post by ChatterBox Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:40 am

Does microwaved rainbow trout count, because I'd rather keeping thinking it's grody without having to try it?
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:43 am

Please keep on topic, thank you.
    ChatterBox
    ChatterBox

Post by ChatterBox Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:46 am

Yes, I'll try. I was just about to modify it but you sent your message before mine. Anyhow, this is what I was going to add to it:

I'm quite sorry that people think just because Disney is home to the most repulsive, idiotic children's shows it makes this one repulsive and idiotic. I mean, Hannah's just holdin' it back which really sucks because shows like that (Hannah Montanna) don't even deserve to be seen by the public to be cruely tormented and hated by all sane person on the planet anyhow.
    BigNeerav

Post by BigNeerav Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:01 am

I don't like Hannah Montana, as I hate pompous, self-centered pop stars who thinks the world revolves around them. Phineas and Ferb don't do that........they share their inventions and fun with everyone, and even teach a few new things. That is why this show is popular, and will stay popular for some time.
    ChatterBox
    ChatterBox

Post by ChatterBox Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:27 am

I wasn't saying that I liked her? And second, you took the words straight out of my mouth... almost... but still, it's hard telling how I'm going to word stuff and it's pretty much near impossible to word something the same way I would.

Anyhoo, people shaped like letters in the alphabet is much better than blue midgets running around... okay, the Smurfs were amazing, but just because Ferb doesn't have blue skin doesn't mean he's not epic, and just because Doofenshmirtz doesn't live in the prehistoric age doesn't mean he's not incredibly awesome. This is one thing that's a problem with my parents, they believe (or want to believe) that all TV shows are crap nowadays (which most of them are as exception to P+F). And in the case of other people, they are just so arogant to think that just because it's on the channel where only the most ridicolous shows dwell it automatically makes this one's ridicolous too when it isn't!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:45 pm