The Phineas and Ferb Community Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics

» Hihi - Introduce Yourself
The Ren and Stimpy Show [Spumco era] EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 11:49 pm by eeemeee

» FanFiction
The Ren and Stimpy Show [Spumco era] EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 8:01 am by Roy42

» Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension
The Ren and Stimpy Show [Spumco era] EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 10:15 pm by CoffeeFlavord

» (Fic) Snow Dungeon
The Ren and Stimpy Show [Spumco era] EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:46 am by CoffeeFlavord

» Perry/Doofenshmirtz
The Ren and Stimpy Show [Spumco era] EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:36 am by CoffeeFlavord

» Candace Disconnected
The Ren and Stimpy Show [Spumco era] EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 7:57 pm by CoffeeFlavord

» Where did everybody go?
The Ren and Stimpy Show [Spumco era] EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 5:26 am by Noellicorn

» Spongebob ?!?
The Ren and Stimpy Show [Spumco era] EmptyMon May 16, 2011 2:20 am by digigirl02

» Just A Quick Question
The Ren and Stimpy Show [Spumco era] EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 3:59 am by Roy42

5 posters

The Ren and Stimpy Show [Spumco era]

Dr. Doofenshmirtz
    Dr. Doofenshmirtz

Number of posts : 52
    Registration date : 2009-06-27

The Ren and Stimpy Show [Spumco era] Empty The Ren and Stimpy Show [Spumco era]

Post by Dr. Doofenshmirtz Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:20 am

BEST.
    CARTOON.
    EVER.

In my opinion, anyway. Most people either love John Kricfalusi or hate him [unless they've never even seen his work]. I've never met somebody inbetween love and hate with Spumco.
    BigNeerav

Number of posts : 699
    Registration date : 2009-03-01

The Ren and Stimpy Show [Spumco era] Empty Re: The Ren and Stimpy Show [Spumco era]

Post by BigNeerav Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:54 pm

I have been and will always be, a big fan of the show, especially if they do the "Happy, Happy Joy Joy" dance. That is a great show, which I use to watch back in the day. Great show, and really miss watching it.
    tiggertine
    tiggertine

Number of posts : 456
    Registration date : 2009-03-20

The Ren and Stimpy Show [Spumco era] Empty Re: The Ren and Stimpy Show [Spumco era]

Post by tiggertine Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:06 pm

Heh, I was watching that this morning on MTV. That show continues to shock me with how much it used to get away with. xD

"Don't whiz on the electric fence~!"
    BigNeerav

Number of posts : 699
    Registration date : 2009-03-01

Post by BigNeerav Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:08 pm

Some of the stuff in the show is pretty shocking ("Don't whiz on the electric fence"), but I really looked forward to every episode that aired back then. I believe you can get the DVDs of some of the past seasons in stores, but I will have to check on that and get back to you.
    Dr. Doofenshmirtz
    Dr. Doofenshmirtz

Number of posts : 52
    Registration date : 2009-06-27

Post by Dr. Doofenshmirtz Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:05 am

It's true. I have the first two seasons [the entire Spumco era] on DVD.
    ChatterBox
    ChatterBox

Number of posts : 327
    Registration date : 2009-08-02

Post by ChatterBox Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:45 am

Okay, I know it's almost impossible but I have managed to remember a bit of it and it was great (I wasn't a big fan of the "X-rated" series or whatever it was called, just a slight too much). I do remember 'Happy Happy Joy Joy' and I would always sing when I was younger but never quite certain who or what it was from and after going back to "re-live" my early childhood, I searched for 'Ren and Stimpy' just because after re-watching some of the RML's I was quite surprised with what they got away with and wanted to watch another cartoon with that kind of freedom (Ren and Stimpy wasn't as edgy, but still). I also managed to remember Log (♪It's Log, Log, Log!♪) and the episode where Ren dies and goes to some "lawn heaven" and is revived and becomes so lawn-crazed maniac. But that's sadly all I remember of the amazing series (I know, sad, right?).

Last edited by ChatterBox on Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:22 am; edited 1 time in total
    Laughingcheese:)

Number of posts : 334
    Location : The UK or if you prefer a basement in the middle of nowhere where I keep my pencil's and paper.

Post by Laughingcheese:) Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:52 pm

My mother wouldn't let me watch this.. i think i watched two episodes..can't remember much about it just when their eyes used to go all big eyed and watery. scratch
    ChatterBox
    ChatterBox

Number of posts : 327
    Registration date : 2009-08-02

Post by ChatterBox Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:32 pm

Yeah, Ren and Stimpy was rather violent and that's why it was taken off air (and probably why you weren't aloud to watch it). Like in one episode I believe Ren tried to break Stimpy's neck. And then they got an 'X-Rated' series and I don't know much about that one.

Rocko's Modern Life was more of my series. And while I was re-watching and episode I noticed that the pychotic, screaming bus driver was played by the same guy who plays SpongeBob which made it all the more hilairious because I can only relate that voice to an all-to-happy (I mean seriously) yellow sponge so I was just cracking up and several days after I would shout "GET BACK ON THE BUS!!!!!" at random people. Ah, good times, good times. You know, I think these shows are responsible for my screwed up mind, I'll treasure them even more!

Hey, and umm, do they still sell DVD's of 'Ren and Stimpy' episodes because I'm dying to actually watch them?

Number of posts : 334
    Location : The UK or if you prefer a basement in the middle of nowhere where I keep my pencil's and paper.

Post by Laughingcheese:) Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:15 pm

Yeah i thought my mum might have thought it was too much for my little eyes.I remeber something about them looking at women...is that right or am i totally wrong?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:30 am