The Phineas and Ferb Community Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics

» Hihi - Introduce Yourself
Hide and Seek EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 11:49 pm by eeemeee

» FanFiction
Hide and Seek EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 8:01 am by Roy42

» Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension
Hide and Seek EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 10:15 pm by CoffeeFlavord

» (Fic) Snow Dungeon
Hide and Seek EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:46 am by CoffeeFlavord

» Perry/Doofenshmirtz
Hide and Seek EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:36 am by CoffeeFlavord

» Candace Disconnected
Hide and Seek EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 7:57 pm by CoffeeFlavord

» Where did everybody go?
Hide and Seek EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 5:26 am by Noellicorn

» Spongebob ?!?
Hide and Seek EmptyMon May 16, 2011 2:20 am by digigirl02

» Just A Quick Question
Hide and Seek EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 3:59 am by Roy42

+7
ChatterBox
eeemeee
Phinebellafan
phineasavatar1
BigNeerav
tiggertine
Roy42
11 posters

Hide and Seek

Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Number of posts : 1351
    Registration date : 2009-03-01

Hide and Seek Empty Hide and Seek

Post by Roy42 Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:57 am

Once again, Summer showers strike, leaving the kids with nothing to do besides talk about their feeli-hahhahahahaa-as if. This time, it's Irving, Phineas and Ferb's biggest fan…fanboy that is, who gives the idea for what to do, play Hide and Seek! Although the house is a little small, but not to worry, a previous adventure can provide the solution to the problem. Meanwhile, Doofenshmirtz has an evil plan, so complex that it is hidden by another not-so-evil plan, an evil plan that dare not speak its name…because it's scared you'll all laugh at it.

Share your thoughts on this episode.
    tiggertine
    tiggertine

Number of posts : 456
    Registration date : 2009-03-20

Hide and Seek Empty Re: Hide and Seek

Post by tiggertine Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:22 am

Hm, why'm I reminded strangely of 'Hidden Surprises'? xD
    BigNeerav

Number of posts : 699

Post by BigNeerav Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:29 am

This was an alright episode......the character, Irwin, did not make the episode as good as it looked. Seriously, what a nerd (to quote Baljeet from the episode).

If you were paying close enough attention, you could see refrences from previous episodes of "Phineas and Ferb" in there.

1) Shrinking machine for the minature submarine ("Journey to the Center of Candace")

2) Jumping on the kitchen sponge after being shrunk (same as jumping on the jello in the episode "Day of the Living Gelatin")

3) Climb inside a paper airplane ("De Plane! De Plane!", in which the "Paper Pelican" was made from paper - newspaper).

4) Earthquake caused by Candace when they were starting their game of hide and seek ("Attack of the 50 foot Sister")

5) Baljeet hanging onto the rim of the lamp near the door (the same happened to Phineas in the episode "Traffic Cam Caper").

There were also reference to "Star Wars" (the use of the needles tied to a string to bring down the mechanical spider), according to "Phineas and Ferb Wikia" and a reference to the movie ("Honey I Shrunk the Kids"), as well as a "possible" reference to the movie "Tarzan" (when Phineas swung down and grabbed Isabella).

As I said before, I did not enjoy this episode as much as I did "That Sinking Feeling" but it was not bad either.
    tiggertine
    tiggertine

Post by tiggertine Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:41 pm

As one commenter on YouTube put it, I felt seriously self-conscious while watching Irving, especially when he made that fangirly noise....I make that sound all the time!! Mine's a lot louder, but still....and I'd so keep a lock of Ferb's hair....*checks self into mental ward*

And Neerav, to contribute to that list of yours, there was that footage from the beginning of Does This Duckbill Make Me Look Fat? snuck in as well.
    phineasavatar1
    phineasavatar1

Number of posts : 126
    Registration date : 2009-04-07

Post by phineasavatar1 Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:05 pm

I loved this episode. Seriously. Though tig is right, Irving is like the embodiment of all of us obsessed fans and in hindsight, you gotta look at him and say, "Oh dear God....that's me." lol

One reason I especially loved this episode was Baljeet's line - "I DID WHAT I HAD TO DO TO SURVIVE!" OMG, I laughed so hard at that, I think I had to pause my recording.

And, yeah, Neerav, the whole "bringing down the spider with grappling hooks" is almost definitely a reference to The Empire Strikes Back But Baljeet hiding inside the fly to survive the col environment is without a doubt a reference to the film.

So, like the other episode it was paired with, I adored this episode Very Happy
    Phinebellafan
    Phinebellafan

Number of posts : 15
    Registration date : 2009-06-29

Post by Phinebellafan Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:09 pm

This had to be my favorite new episode of the bunch. I just laughed so much. That fan boy was just to funny. Though my favorite part had to be when Phineas and Ferb backed away slowly from him when he was trying to say where's Perry LOL That had me cracking up so hardXD
    I also really liked it when Phineas saved Isabells life and knocked down that robot. That was very cool of him.
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:48 am

I did ask Swampy about all the Star Wars allusions they put in, apparently it wasn't just one or two of them, they're all fans of the movies and genre. Although it seems like they're only putting in allusions from the original trilogy, which is even better, woo!

As for the episode, as always, thoroughly enjoyed and laughed at just about everything.
    BigNeerav

Post by BigNeerav Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:55 am

Phineasavatar1:

I thought the part where Baljeet appeared from the dead fly when the gang was looking at him was good. If the scene in question that I am describing IS a scene from "Star Wars" (the original trilogy), I would have to see which scene it is in reference to, unless you have an idea about it. Overall, I thought it was gross, but pretty cool though.
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:29 am

Although I haven't watched any of the Star Wars movies in years, I believe the scene was on Hoth, when Luke, I think, survived by hiding inside the stomach of one of the beast-things there, something like that.
    BigNeerav

Post by BigNeerav Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:36 pm

Roy42 wrote:Although I haven't watched any of the Star Wars movies in years, I believe the scene was on Hoth, when Luke, I think, survived by hiding inside the stomach of one of the beast-things there, something like that.
    That would be "Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back", where Hans Solo finds Luke out in the Hoth system during a nasty snowstorm, and uses the innards of the creature that they were riding on to stay insulated from the cold and wind until help arrives. Other than that, I cannot recall anything that is similar to the scene where Baljeet pokes through the dead flie and gets covered in flu guts.
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:03 pm

Nope, that's pretty much exactly how it alludes to the movie, Baljeet hiding inside a creature to survive the freezing conditions.
    phineasavatar1
    phineasavatar1

Post by phineasavatar1 Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:50 pm

Yep. Han and Luke hiding inside the TaunTaun to survive the freezing conditions = Baljeet hiding inside a fly to survive his freezing conditions.

Roy: I pretty much expected them all to be Star Wars fans. If you check out the "Songwriting" portion of this video, you'll clearly see a TIE Fighter figurine in the background. Razz
    BigNeerav

Post by BigNeerav Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:39 pm

Yes, it was the songwriting session. I think in Season 2, there have been more references to "Star Wars" than in Season 2. The most notable reference that I can think of is in the episode "Out to Launch", when Phineas outmaneuvers the asteriods to rescue Candace and says "just like beggars canyon back home!".......a line spoken by Luke Skywalker in "Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope". This was spoken during the attack on the first Death Star in the "Battle of Yavin IV".
    phineasavatar1
    phineasavatar1

Post by phineasavatar1 Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:33 am

Yep. That and when they ride the landspeeder during "Perry Lays an Egg" are the only two direct references to it. The others are just allusions.
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:39 am

I liked how Perry got to sleep for most of it, plus how Doofenshmirtz was calling up Monogram and kept on screwing up the voicemail.
    phineasavatar1
    phineasavatar1

Post by phineasavatar1 Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:44 pm

lol, Yeah, Roy. He left more messages then he did in "I, Brobot." Would you say it was a callback to it?
    eeemeee
    eeemeee

Number of posts : 449

Post by eeemeee Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:15 am

Pfft, Linda going out in that light of rain with an umbrella. WEAK. Razz

Anyways, to put it how Tiggertine put it who put it how a commenter on YouTube put it, I felt so self-conscious while watching Irving. I mean, he's like the embodiment of the fans in us, isn't he? Razz I almost wonder how it felt to watch that as a person who watches the show like any other show, instead of big fans, like us. I wonder if they wondered if anyone was actually like that. xD

And did anybody else find it slightly stalkerish yet hilarious that Doofy wanted to know where Perry lived? "I can ring his doorbell... and run away!" Oh Doofy!

The scene with the fight against the robot was probably one of the most action-packed PaF scenes ever. The music reminded me vaguely of Pirates of the Caribbean.

"C'mon, fanboy, you wanna live forever?" Hehe, that line make me chuckle. Irving so isn't a fanboy. He's a male fangirl. (And yes, there is a difference.)

Poor Baljeet, doing what he had to do to survive. I have to say, that was pretty darn gross. And hehe, Doofy feels empty without his comeuppance. Razz
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:20 am

eeemeee wrote:Pfft, Linda going out in that light of rain with an umbrella. WEAK. Razz

Anyways, to put it how Tiggertine put it who put it how a commenter on YouTube put it, I felt so self-conscious while watching Irving. I mean, he's like the embodiment of the fans in us, isn't he? Razz I almost wonder how it felt to watch that as a person who watches the show like any other show, instead of big fans, like us. I wonder if they wondered if anyone was actually like that. xD

I'll admit, while watching Vincent Martella say "I know what we're gonna…" in the studio, I did pretty much laugh my head off, but I didn't do the fanboy or male fangirl thing.
    BigNeerav

Post by BigNeerav Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:23 pm

Irving is such a brat (nerd, as Baljeet rightly put it), but did add for some good comedy in the show. Watching the expressions on Phineas's face when Irving was talking at the beginning of the episode was intersting.......as if Phineas is saying "who are you and where did you come from?" Irving, if some of you have not noticed already, is sort of representing us, the fans of the show, who do almost the same thing as he does (well, at leats we don't have a scrapbook of adventures to show).
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:47 pm

Hmm, I don't think I mentioned to ChatterBox that you are also one to be very redundant in your posts.

Well I imagine having all the episodes on my computer and iPhone comes pretty close to a scrapbook, however.
    BigNeerav

Post by BigNeerav Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:28 pm

Yeah, we are also pretty nutty about "Phineas and Ferb", but hopefully not in the same way Irvin is.......that would be wierd, to say the least.
    ChatterBox
    ChatterBox

Number of posts : 327
    Registration date : 2009-08-02

Post by ChatterBox Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:41 pm

Roy42 wrote:Hmm, I don't think I mentioned to ChatterBox that you are also one to be very redundant in your posts.

I'm not THAT repetitive... okay, maybe a little, but still!!

Anyhoo, I actually thought this what a fairly decent episode and as someone mentioned on YouTube, I felt very self concious when Irving appeared. The only thing I found a little but odd for me was a line from Doofenshmirtz that really made me wonder about certain things, he said "Ooh, it will be so DELICIOUS to know where Perry lives!". I mean, seriously? Who says "delicious" while talking about their "frienimey" and finding out where he lives? Besides that I really enjoyed it, that and along with Baljeet's defending himself for smelling like fly guts, "I had to survive, okay!" and how he scoffed at Irving for being a nerd which is sort of an oxymoron if you ask me. ...That is all.
    PaperPelican
    PaperPelican

Number of posts : 7
    Registration date : 2009-07-01

Post by PaperPelican Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:07 pm

Love this episode... then again I love every episode.

I definitely understand everyone’s thoughts on how Irving relates to us fans. I’d say I was alot like Irving, apart from the fact that he screams when he hears Phineas say his catchphrase, and I scream when, for example I see the image of baby Perry in “Oh, There You are, Perry”. tongue
    tiggertine
    tiggertine

Post by tiggertine Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:28 am

Huh, 'delicious' is one of my favorite adjectives. xD
    ChatterBox
    ChatterBox

Number of posts : 327
    Registration date : 2009-08-02

Post by ChatterBox Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:37 am

I would only use 'delicious' in context of talking about Doofy, maybe someone else I find "attractive" err... basically anyone of male gender. The thing I found weird is that usually you wanted say "delicious" while talking about someone who is a guy when you're a guy or girl talking about a girl.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:39 pm