The Phineas and Ferb Community Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics

» Hihi - Introduce Yourself
Phineas/Isabella EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 11:49 pm by eeemeee

» FanFiction
Phineas/Isabella EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 8:01 am by Roy42

» Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension
Phineas/Isabella EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 10:15 pm by CoffeeFlavord

» (Fic) Snow Dungeon
Phineas/Isabella EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:46 am by CoffeeFlavord

» Perry/Doofenshmirtz
Phineas/Isabella EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:36 am by CoffeeFlavord

» Candace Disconnected
Phineas/Isabella EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 7:57 pm by CoffeeFlavord

» Where did everybody go?
Phineas/Isabella EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 5:26 am by Noellicorn

» Spongebob ?!?
Phineas/Isabella EmptyMon May 16, 2011 2:20 am by digigirl02

» Just A Quick Question
Phineas/Isabella EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 3:59 am by Roy42

+16
tiggertine
ZMarchewa
Crowfeather
Ferbelle
DjangoKatie
LillyCrystal
Laughingcheese:)
PhineasFerbTones
Phinebellafan
ChimneyVator
IamThePlatypus
phineasavatar1
BigNeerav
eeemeee
Livyrosebud
Roy42
20 posters

Phineas/Isabella

Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Number of posts : 1351
    Registration date : 2009-03-01

Phineas/Isabella Empty Phineas/Isabella

Post by Roy42 Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:34 am

Phineas and Isabella are one of the top pairings in the entire show, they are a romantic pairing, however one that is supposed to be up to the imagination to decide on how they will get together, since only Isabella has a crush on Phineas, while he sees her as a friend. As such, there are more fan creations about this one pairing than any other pairing of the show.

Share your thoughts on this pairing.
    Anonymous

Phineas/Isabella Empty Re: Phineas/Isabella

Post by Guest Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:54 pm

Hmm... they'd make a good couple imo. As to whether they will or not... well i see it a bit like Helga-Arnold. Helga likes Arnold but Arnold just thinks of Helga as a casual acquaintance. However Phineas certainly shows no malice towards Isabella and i daresay it is a 50/50 whether or not their relationship will progress.
    Livyrosebud
    Livyrosebud

Number of posts : 253
    Registration date : 2009-03-20

Post by Livyrosebud Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:47 am

I think they make an extremely cute couple, but as I've said before, whether they actually get together or not is iffy. They are only 9 (I think) and most kids that age don't really date. However, I do think Phineas will find out about Isabella's crush (it would be a little weird if we were just left hanging on that) so it will be interesting to see what his reaction would be.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:50 am

I had a girlfriend called Megan when i was seven-eight but of course we didn't date, however i did go over to her house and such.

Well i think it's more Phineas' character type than his age which would be a barrier in this relationship working. He spends all the time doing stuff. He'd be too busy to worry about having a relationship. Besides he is only 9 and he's a normal kid so he ought to live a normal kid's life
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:07 am

I would love it if the creators never advanced it at all, not only does it leave fan creations wide open with possibilities, but it makes it so much better, many shows and movies make the mistake of resolving things that shouldn't, I hope PaF doesn't in this case.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:02 am

I agree wholeheartedly.
    eeemeee
    eeemeee

Number of posts : 449
    Registration date : 2009-03-20

Post by eeemeee Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:00 am

Yeah, I'd prefer they left it open too. I mean, it's a nine-year-old crush, it's not meant to progress; at least, not until the characters become teenagers or preteens, and I'd rather the show not get into that stage of their life. Seeing the innocent little kids we have now become snippy would be... sad.
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:19 am

And like I say time and again, it's just so much easier to write fanfictions and draw fanart (well, fiction more than art for me) when they have an unfulfilled relationship.
    BigNeerav

Number of posts : 699

Post by BigNeerav Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:22 am

Livyrosebud wrote:I think they make an extremely cute couple, but as I've said before, whether they actually get together or not is iffy. They are only 9 (I think) and most kids that age don't really date. However, I do think Phineas will find out about Isabella's crush (it would be a little weird if we were just left hanging on that) so it will be interesting to see what his reaction would be.
    But we know that no matter how many times Isabella tries to show affection to Phineas, who does not readily recognize that Isabella has a crush on him. If and when Phineas does recognize that Isabella has a crush on him, I think it is a relationship that would do quite well, in my opinion.

Roy42 wrote:I would love it if the creators never advanced it at all, not only does it leave fan creations wide open with possibilities, but it makes it so much better, many shows and movies make the mistake of resolving things that shouldn't, I hope PaF doesn't in this case.
    I have seen many fanfics that have touched on this.......some good, some......not so good, but it is open to imagination though!
    phineasavatar1
    phineasavatar1

Number of posts : 126
    Registration date : 2009-04-07

Post by phineasavatar1 Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:41 am

I adore this couple! While some do consider it impossible, I consider cartoons these days have young kids dating each other. Shipping is a powerful thing. I enjoy anything that constitutes as a moment with them. Anyhoo, I believe you can have both fan stuff and real show, For example, Avatar had a shipping between Aang and Katara, and after thousands of "Kataang" stories and art, they had them kiss and become a couple.
    IamThePlatypus
    IamThePlatypus

Number of posts : 232
    Registration date : 2009-04-06

Post by IamThePlatypus Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:03 am

I agree with Roy that this pairing would be better left open. I think at a young age there are often cases where girls have crushes on guys and the guys are too clueless to even notice - I know this happened many times to me - I had many a boy I had a "crush" on in elementary school, and it was just fun! I understand fanfiction that touches on the subject, but I sort of doubt that the show will ever go anywhere serious with it. It looks like the only advancing canon ship will be Candace/Jeremy, and I prefer it that way.

Although my mind does wonder how Phineas would react if he were ever explained that Isabella had a crush on him. I personally would picture him getting all freaked out and worried about it, surprised and such. But I obviously have no idea what would actually happen and sort of doubt it ever will in the show before a series fanale, which I assume is far in this show's future. (Disney has sort of a inevitable "the pairings aren't resolved until the last episode" deal.)
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:49 pm

I think if that happened (which for the plots sake i don't wish to ever happen) Phineas would be cool as usual (he is a pretty cool restrained type) and be all like 'oh that's cool... hey Isabella... do you want to go out with me?' and something like that. I mean he is a rational character.
    IamThePlatypus
    IamThePlatypus

Post by IamThePlatypus Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:28 am

(I agree, hope it never happens.) And I guess I could see him being cool with it too, but the idea of him freaking out is kind of a cute one running through my head. XD
    BigNeerav

Post by BigNeerav Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:57 pm

Atomius wrote:I think if that happened (which for the plots sake i don't wish to ever happen) Phineas would be cool as usual (he is a pretty cool restrained type) and be all like 'oh that's cool... hey Isabella... do you want to go out with me?' and something like that. I mean he is a rational character.
    I remember he ws like that towards the end of "Out to Launch" where he said yes to Isabella going to the "Night of the Falling Stars Dance". He was like "yeah, let's go" when asked by Isabella.
    IamThePlatypus
    IamThePlatypus

Post by IamThePlatypus Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:33 am

But he didn't think it was in that way when he responded, he thought it was just as friends. I think he may have reacted differently had he known the question was "Want to come with me as a date?" than he did "Want to go hang out together?"
    BigNeerav

Post by BigNeerav Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:02 am

IamThePlatypus wrote:But he didn't think it was in that way when he responded, he thought it was just as friends. I think he may have reacted differently had he known the question was "Want to come with me as a date?" than he did "Want to go hang out together?"
    I agree, and that makes a difference.......if it was "you want to come date me?" I am not sure if the reaction would be all that different.......maybe Phineas would be a bit hestitant before he answered the question though.
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:37 am

That is why I wrote my ending to the episode as a screenplay.
    BigNeerav

Post by BigNeerav Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:15 pm

I can say that from watching the "Chronicles of Meap" that the Phineas/Isabella subplot has advanced some more. At least this time, Phineas was able to recognize that Isabella was "cute", even though I really felt that Isabella was seriously trying to get Phineas' attention, to pretty much no avail. I admit, I did find Isabella's insistence of her cuteness to be a bit annoying at times.
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:25 am

Not really "advanced", just, sort of, gotten a bit more noticeable, he said she was cute, but like everything, he said it as a fact, as a mechanical term that had to be factored in, he thinks nothing of it, it doesn't advance, it just becomes more noticeable.
    BigNeerav

Post by BigNeerav Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:31 am

Hmm....... One wonders how long Isabella is going to hit on Phineas before he "FINALLY" recognizes that she has a crush on him. At this point, it is hard to say, it is better for the overall plot of the show that Phineas remains seperate from Isabella in terms of a relationship (i.e. they just remain as friends, as they are doing now). Everything else can remain as speculation for fanfiction pieces and such.
    IamThePlatypus
    IamThePlatypus

Post by IamThePlatypus Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:39 am

It's true, and something I noticed in Meap - Phineas has now officially stated that Isabella is cute, but does that necessarily mean that he is attracted to her? Can a guy find a girl cute without being attracted to her? As a girl, I can acknowledge that friends of mine are cute, and still not be attracted to them, but then, I'm a girl. Hmmmmmm...

I'm still not a huge fan of Isabella, but the back and forth of this relationship is definitely cute. I hope to see more of this in season 2. :0)
    BigNeerav

Post by BigNeerav Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:53 am

Even though Phineas did recognzie Isabella as "cute", I think for the most part that Phineas seems, at least at the moment, not interested in Isabella or attracted to her, for that matter. I do not really see Phineas trying to have a relationship with Isabella in the near term (if ever) and instead, would try to remain as "friends" with her. It seems that no matter how hard Isabella is trying to get Phineas to become attracted to her that it will never work in trying to get a formal relationship set up.
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:28 am

As I said, he stated that she was cute, but he literally stated it, he didn't compliment her with the phrase, he made the comment as if it were just another factual, mechanical term.
    BigNeerav

Post by BigNeerav Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:30 am

Roy42 wrote:As I said, he stated that she was cute, but he literally stated it, he didn't compliment her with the phrase, he made the comment as if it were just another factual, mechanical term.
    Yup, so it should not, to Isabella, seem like Phineas is complementing her, and once again, shows that no matter how hard Isabella is going to try to get Phineas after him, it is not going to work.
    ChimneyVator
    ChimneyVator

Number of posts : 238
    Registration date : 2009-04-11

Post by ChimneyVator Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:43 am

I've been in Isabella's place (that is, liking someone who takes no special intrest in you) and I can tell you from personal experience- it doesn't work. When one needs to constantly remind the other that they are cute, something is wrong.

Sorry for being such a Phinebella basher, but pesonally I'm old-fashioned and not a big fan of toy ships in general.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:07 pm