The Phineas and Ferb Community Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics

» Hihi - Introduce Yourself
Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 11:49 pm by eeemeee

» FanFiction
Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 8:01 am by Roy42

» Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension
Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 10:15 pm by CoffeeFlavord

» (Fic) Snow Dungeon
Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:46 am by CoffeeFlavord

» Perry/Doofenshmirtz
Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:36 am by CoffeeFlavord

» Candace Disconnected
Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 7:57 pm by CoffeeFlavord

» Where did everybody go?
Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 5:26 am by Noellicorn

» Spongebob ?!?
Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension EmptyMon May 16, 2011 2:20 am by digigirl02

» Just A Quick Question
Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 3:59 am by Roy42

4 posters

Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension

Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Number of posts : 1351
    Registration date : 2009-03-01

Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension Empty Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension

Post by Roy42 Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:36 am

You know what? I am not even gonna waste time with a witty summary of this movie.

…At least, not yet.

You all go talk about it. You know you want to. It was amazing.
    CoffeeFlavord
    CoffeeFlavord

Number of posts : 8
    Registration date : 2011-08-10

Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension Empty My view

Post by CoffeeFlavord Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:31 am

SPOILERS!!!!! DO NOT READ IF YOU TO NOT WANT TO KNOW BEFORE YOU SEE IT!!!!!!!!!

It was exceedingly exciting. I love the story and the plotline! It followed it far too well. The most fun I got out of watching this movie was around the scene where Candace caught the keys and Dr. D neglects to see that he's hanging over a pit of lava; he begins to badger her about locking him. That's by far one of the best scenes around!

Also, the graphic work in this movie is amazing. Not only is it just as flat as the TV show, but when there are needs for extra shading and lighting, they actually put a lot of time and effort into shading and lighting! I'm exceedingly happy with them for taking the time to add this.

I'm not very excited about the cyborg Perry, but that's my own opinion. There's just something about its design that really bugged me. However, Candace and Isabella in the 2nd Dimension just looked AMAZING! I always had a feeling that black would look that good on Candace, and it really does. (Yes, I know she has worn it before; but Vanessa's clothes don't count.) No this time, they were hers and they looked good on her. Isabella's personality in this move was sparking and out there. It made her all most too mature for words. Taking a young girl to act like and seem like an adult and a good soldier was one of the best things to happen to her. She still had that "firesight" spark to her, but this added the spice! Lovely work on the girls.

I'm sorry to say that there wasn't a lot of the rest of them, and enough to really give a good opinion on the other dimension "gang" so I'd like to leave that opinion open to anyone else.

Overall, the story between the boys that we all know and love, and the story with the other dimension boys, is clashing. I still can't decide on whether or not I like the new ones. I feel bad that the boys didn't get to keep their Perry, but at the same time, I feel equally as bad for Phineas when he has to comprehend that his pet had been hiding a part of his life from him. If one of my friends turned out to be doing that, I'd feel the same way, so that would definitely be a shock. But, as for the two sets working to stop Evil Doofenschmirtz, I have to say that the new set proved to be all right near the end.

The conflict with Evil D, and Dr. D, is still pending. All though I find it absolutely amusing that Evil's back story only involves a small golden "Choo-choo"! It's very upsetting that he was so obnoxiously evil, it actually irritated me. THIS coming from a woman who grew up loving the villains since she was at least 3. Yes, I was annoyed by Evil D, to the point that I wanted to pull teeth. That whole time I was hoping that there'd be something out Dr. D could do to stop this idiot's plot to rule his dimension; ironically, he did just that!

Lastly, Agent P's flurry of so many emotions in this movie was captivating. We got to see so many different things that we don't see all too much in the series! Worry, love, happiness, sadness, rage; all of them were so heartmelting. I was impressed.

In conclusion, I was impressed. I loved it. I know there are my doubts, but I really loved the movie, and to show my appreciation, I have the Platinum DVD Edition on Pre-Order.

Dan and Swampy, you two have done it, again! <3[b]

Last edited by CoffeeFlavord on Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spoilers)
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Number of posts : 1351
    Registration date : 2009-03-01

Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension Empty Re: Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension

Post by Roy42 Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:04 am

Hmm…I probably should've warned for spoilers in the first post somewhere…
    eeemeee
    eeemeee

Number of posts : 449
    Registration date : 2009-03-20

Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension Empty Re: Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension

Post by eeemeee Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:19 am

Yeah, I really enjoyed this movie. That "Everything's Better With Perry" song will never be out of my head. And the end. I love scenes like that where a ton of stuff just suddenly comes together and springs into action. It was epic. And the *very* end, as in the last scene with Phineas and Isabella, and then after that with Perry and his camera... well, my viewing buddy and I kind of flipped out.

Because I think we all know why else it was awesome and I don't really want to waste any more of the clearly limited amount of energy in my finger muscles, I'm going to jump straight into my two criticisms:

1) It bothered me that Phineas was so angry that Perry had concealed his secret identity from him. I thought that Phineas would think that it was cool, or at least get over his anger quickly. But he kind of held a grudge about it... and since when has Phineas ever held a grudge?

2) I was really, really hoping that Ferb would get a moment of extreme epicness. But alas, though he had several moments of average epicness, the climactic action was definitely more focused on Phineas and Perry.
    CoffeeFlavord
    CoffeeFlavord

Post by CoffeeFlavord Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:24 am

1) It bothered me that Phineas was so angry that Perry had concealed his secret identity from him. I thought that Phineas would think that it was cool, or at least get over his anger quickly. But he kind of held a grudge about it... and since when has Phineas ever held a grudge?

2) I was really, really hoping that Ferb would get a moment of extreme epicness. But alas, though he had several moments of average epicness, the climactic action was definitely more focused on Phineas and Perry.

I agree with the first of it. It was a little OOC for Phineas to be that irritated about anything, but I can't say I blame him, either. So, it's a lose/lose situation.

And I noticed there wasn't a lot of Ferb action, however, I was exceedingly amused that he was the lead with the bulls! I loved that scene the most. Right before Phineas and Perry shot up the wall, it looked like the stamping bull Ferb was on was dancing. xD made me giggle.
    TheFraggable74
    TheFraggable74

Number of posts : 86
    Registration date : 2009-09-22

Post by TheFraggable74 Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:45 am

SPOILERS AHEAD, MATEYS~!

Well, I've seen the movie a total of six times. DVR is an amazing thing. Of course, so is the movie.

Now, I can't believe I'm about to go right back into this forum with what I imagine will either be a full-blown review, or some sloppily-written piece of crap I'm too tired to polish. Still, I've had a review festering in my head while I've been at work lately, so there's no reason why I shouldn't type one out.

So, lately I've been thinking to myself that PaF hasn't been as adventurous as it used to be. With the plot shifting more towards Candace than the extraordinary things Phineas and Ferb do every day, it's hard to fit an adventure into every episode. It seems like although Phineas and Ferb still is a great show, it's lacking the excitement in season 3 that it contained in seasons 1 and 2. It seems like lately, Phineas and Ferb have just been staying in their backyard, making something, and then Doof's invention wipes it away (or it wipes itself away). I figured, Phineas and Ferb needs another big adventure that reminds me of why I started watching in the first place.

And then I watched the movie.

At the opening, there it was. It started out right in the middle of the entire movie. Phineas and Ferb, shackled up and about to be frigging eaten by a Goozim. And then it shifts back to them waking up to the groovy melody of Everything's Better with Perry. This sudden shift in tone told me that something serious was about to happen, and that this movie was going to be worth the watch...well, that's good to know, considering the fact that I pissed off a couple of my friends by telling them I'd be staying home that night to watch Phineas and Ferb.

Anyways, it started out just like a typical PaF episode. Of course, though, because it's the movie, they had to soup up Perry's entire plot into something extremely serious. I don't see why they did that, though; it's usually pretty clear that Perry doesn't have much difficulty in thwarting Doof's -inator of the day. Yeah, some things were actually necessary, and it was used for foreshadowing and all that jazz, but did we really need it? Well, maybe. I don't write the show. I guess I just prefer Perry's usual "no big deal" thwartings of Doof, just because it's clear that this should be the case when Doof literally expects to be thwarted every day.

So, Phineas and Ferb build their invention for the day (and we get a pretty interesting backstory on Barthol--sorry, Perry). It crash lands into Doof's building, and they meet up with him. Then, they help him out. Perry shows up, and of course, pulls off one of the greatest "oh shit" faces I've seen in a cartoon in a long time. That's probably my favorite thing about this movie: Perry's facial expressions tell an entire story and convey so many things. He doesn't need to use words for you to feel such intense emotion for his inner conflict.

Now, here's something that kind of irked me at this point in the movie: The pacing of the early events of this movie is tremendously fast. One minute, Perry's pissing on Doof's couch, and two minutes later, Doof's already singing a duet with his alternate self. Again, time constraints and such, but it just went so ridiculously fast that I felt like certain scenes were over before I could take them in.

Although everyone says they don't like how angry Phineas got in the movie, I'm going to have to disagree. Both in SBTY and this movie, the best part was watching the sheer conflict take its toll on the characters. Phineas was collapsing under this absurd revelation, and he didn't know how to deal with it. So, he just broke down completely and turned angry with a strong tinge of disbelief. Yeah, it may have been overly drastic with him abandoning his pet in another freaking dimension, but just the sheer development of Phineas's character in this movie is proof of how amazing the movie actually is.

Phineas and Ferb then go on to meet their 2nd dimension selves. It's a sad story, with them completely having their entire beings sucked out of them and all. Summer was my favorite song from the movie, even though it made me feel like absolute crap every time I was doing something remotely uninteresting or not worth my time. Well, that's growing up for you. But yeah, seeing Phineas explain summer so simply...it's kind of nice. Well, except for the fact that I'd much rather be building an amazing summer project than riding a bike. However, that's another story.

Now, here's where Candace's story goes into full swing. Jeremy's going to college soon, and Candace wants to grow up. She then goes off on a tangent and starts talking about how there is some mysterious force screwing her over every single day (well, yeah, it's called the show's formula and writers). Then, as she gets sucked into a portal into the 2nd dimension, Stacy just completely adopts this force as a deity. Seriously, this was a pretty hilarious subplot, just because of the fact that this is one gigantic religious joke. And I find those hilarious.

Now, we go forth to Perry's (and everyone else's) capture. I found Alternate Doof's lines to be funny (by the way, nice tease there with the whole "How old do you think we are?" thing), while Phineas coming around to accepting the existence of Agent P is extremely heartwarming. Meanwhile, the adventure is clearly seen as everyone works together to resist the robots and work their way up to Alternate Doof's headquarters. It had everything I wanted and more.

Now, everything goes to hell as the big climax approaches. It's pretty much Robot Armageddon in Danville. With hard-rock musical accompaniment. Seeing Perry's specially-made backups of Phineas and Ferb's inventions was definitely a high point in the movie, just because it shows how much Perry trusted his owners to handle such an apocalyptic situation so flawlessly. Then, everyone just goes into full-out battle mode. Phineas and Perry share a hug and high-five (and I must say, that high-five is probably the most emotion-carrying high-five I've ever seen) and kick tons of robot chassis.

And once again, the day is saved! Thanks to...a toy train? Look, I saw this coming from the second it was mentioned, but still. It just seems a bit too silly for me. Still, I guess it's just that kind of whimsical, spontaneous nature that makes Heinz Doofenshmirtz...well, Heinz Doofenshmirtz. And then, of course, he just makes everything poof away (and then gets hilariously arrested).

However, immediately after this amazing climax of character-developing goodness, we had to reach the inevitable retcon scene. We all knew from finding out the movie's synopsis that there'd be a huge retcon at the end. Even though it's weak writing and it's a massive shame to put all of this development to waste, it was one-hundred percent necessary for the survival of the show. So, although we will always remember this amazing adventure, our heroes will n--Oh, okay then, random Phinbella kiss snuck in...really no point in that other than pure shipper-feeding, but I guess that's fine (although I find the angle that Phineas needs to be at to even be in a kissable position to be hilarious)...anyways, no one's gonna remember anything. Sad, but necessary.

But wait, there's more! Perry remembers the entire thing and saved photos of the entire event. And me? Well, if it wasn't for the fact that I'm never really accustomed to crying, I might have shed a tear. It was simply beautiful. Fuzzy heart-feelings around for everyone! Yeah, it definitely ended on a touching note, and that's exactly how it should be. Amazing writing, PaF staff. Amazing writing.

However, as with anything you can get too picky about, there will always be numerous amounts of plotholes and uncomfortabilities.

First of all: Yeah, Ferb did pretty much nothing for most of the movie. Sucks that the man of action really didn't get much action, even during the extremely action-y climax.

Second of all: You know how this entire thing appeared on the news when Phineas and Ferb got home? Don't you think it's hard to believe that they'd just stop covering it after the day it happened? I mean, Robot Armageddon is a pretty hard thing to ignore. This'd easily show up on the news shortly after the retconning.

Third of all: There were several characters involved in the climax (and those that even sat/stood right next to OWCA agents!) that didn't get their memories wiped. Unless there was a huge tri-state area retconning after the one in the room, it seems unlikely that Irving, Albert, Love Handel, and most of the rest of Danville would just never speak of it again.

Fourth of all: Now that Doofenshmirtz gave the toy train to his alternate self and doesn't even remember that he did it, wouldn't that count as him losing it? Sure, the argument could be given that he doesn't value it as absurdly much anymore, but this could also lead him into becoming his alternate self all over again...Makes you think, doesn't it?

But, yeah. Overall, this movie was simply amazing, and I walked away from it being fully satisfied. It was the adventure I was hoping for, with a plethora of emotion to boot. I plan on watching it many more times again, and I'll say that I hope there's more adventure along these lines coming up soon in the world of Phineas and Ferb! Great job, Dan and Swampy, on keeping me interested since 2008. You and the rest of the PaF writing staff are simply amazing.

Since there are some weird plotholes in the movie, I'm forced to give it around a 9 or 9.5 out of 10. Still, this was most definitely the greatest thing I've watched in ages. If you haven't watched it yet...just go freaking watch it. Well, sure, I just spoiled everything to you, but it's your fault for reading my entire review when I told you there'd be spoilers...Still, just freaking watch it even if you've seen it eleventy gazillion times already, because that's still not enough.
    CoffeeFlavord
    CoffeeFlavord

Post by CoffeeFlavord Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:15 pm

I enjoyed your perspective on this. xD I have to stick around to see other peoples' views!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:22 pm