The Phineas and Ferb Community Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics

» Hihi - Introduce Yourself
Candace/Jeremy EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 11:49 pm by eeemeee

» FanFiction
Candace/Jeremy EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 8:01 am by Roy42

» Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension
Candace/Jeremy EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 10:15 pm by CoffeeFlavord

» (Fic) Snow Dungeon
Candace/Jeremy EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:46 am by CoffeeFlavord

» Perry/Doofenshmirtz
Candace/Jeremy EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:36 am by CoffeeFlavord

» Candace Disconnected
Candace/Jeremy EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 7:57 pm by CoffeeFlavord

» Where did everybody go?
Candace/Jeremy EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 5:26 am by Noellicorn

» Spongebob ?!?
Candace/Jeremy EmptyMon May 16, 2011 2:20 am by digigirl02

» Just A Quick Question
Candace/Jeremy EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 3:59 am by Roy42

+4
IamThePlatypus
BigNeerav
eeemeee
Roy42
8 posters

Candace/Jeremy

Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Number of posts : 1351
    Registration date : 2009-03-01

Candace/Jeremy Empty Candace/Jeremy

Post by Roy42 Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:37 am

Candace and Jeremy are one of the most popular pairings in the show, they are a romantic pairing, which have gained much attention and discussion as their relationship has been developed throughout the show, to the point that they are a half couple, they occasionally go out on dates and have affections for the other, however they don't act upon these feelings too much and admit them to the other, leaving their relationship with a slight void that is filled by fan creations.

Share your thoughts on this pairing.
    Anonymous

Candace/Jeremy Empty Re: Candace/Jeremy

Post by Guest Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:51 pm

They are a good couple imo. And i think there isn't a void. They spend time with each other and obviously feel affections for one another, so i daresay they will inevitably get married at some point. It's merely logical.
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:32 am

I do admit, with the most recent episodes, it has been getting slightly smaller a void, but I disagree, there is still an unfilled space there, as I've noted in my story "Why?", it's that they haven't confessed to either, which prevents things from moving forward, thankfully, at the moment.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:57 pm

I note you said 'thankfully'. I thought by void you meant 'why oh why is there this terrible void'. Well i'd agree it's best to leave things as they are. Otherwise it ruins their characters and their place in the plot.
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:29 am

I like that Dan and Swampy show that they actually know what the bloody hell they're doing, they know how far to take a relationship at different ages and when to leave it at just the right point that it doesn't satisfy, but it doesn't hurt the audience either.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:44 am

I agree. Their powers are way above my own. When i attempt a fanfic based on a relationship or other similar issue such as Perry talking i always take it too far or too little. They have great minds. But back ot, i think Candace/Jeremy is one of my favorite couples in cartoons of this century.
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:46 pm

I guess this really is the greatest show of the new millennium.
    eeemeee
    eeemeee

Number of posts : 449
    Registration date : 2009-03-20

Post by eeemeee Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:34 am

Roy42 wrote:I guess this really is the greatest show of the new millennium.

Duh. Wink

To prevent that from being an entirely pointless post, I'll go on to say that I think Candace and Jeremy both like each other, and know that they like each other, or at least are moving towards the realization that they both like each other. I mean, from that one scene in... what was it, "Backyard Aquarium", when they keep calling each other at the exact same moment, and they both flop down the bed with their phones... yeah.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:40 am

Yeah that was nice. Of course if i go on too far with how great their relationship is i might as well wear a dress and do knitting so... I'll leave my opinion at they make a good couple.
    BigNeerav

Number of posts : 699

Post by BigNeerav Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:00 am

Atomius wrote:They are a good couple imo. And i think there isn't a void. They spend time with each other and obviously feel affections for one another, so i daresay they will inevitably get married at some point. It's merely logical.
    I think it is becoming more apparent (at least to me) that Jeremy and Candace are getting closer to each other, but still quite far, in my opinion, from truly getting married, let alone engaged.
    IamThePlatypus
    IamThePlatypus

Number of posts : 232
    Registration date : 2009-04-06

Post by IamThePlatypus Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:10 am

As far as things that make me go "awwwwwww" in this show, moments that this pairing is advanced are second only to when Perry does sometime particularly adorable.

Perhaps because I have found myself unequivocally attracted to men with blonde hair and blue eyes, I must say that Jeremy is particularly adorable and sweet, even if he probably is a somewhat unrealistic male character - the ideal boyfriend: constantly sweet and caring, pure of heart and motive, tall and attractive, genuine and chivalrous. He likes Candace back which is something that always warms my heart: when a boy and girl really like each other but are both afraid to tell the other.

Holding hands at the end of "Comet Kermillian", catching her when she falls in "Crack that Whip", catching her once she flies through the air in "Backyard Acquarium," brown paper packages tied up with strings, these are a few of my favorite things.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:39 pm

hmm yes they make for good scenes
    tiggertine
    tiggertine

Number of posts : 456

Post by tiggertine Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:23 am

IamThePlatypus wrote:
    Holding hands at the end of "Comet Kermillian", catching her when she falls in "Crack that Whip", catching her once she flies through the air in "Backyard Acquarium," brown paper packages tied up with strings, these are a few of my favorite things.

I can see Disney pulling a Kim/Ron on these two and eventually having them date for real in the show finale (a finale?! Noes!) since they're pretty much canon already. Although Jeremy's lack of personality still....gets to me. WhatcanIsay, I like flawed characters.
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:10 am

Well they actually are moving this pairing forward though, since the most recent episode has had Jeremy finally show some balls and ask Candace out, while I don't think they'll ever be officially a couple, they'll still be the kind of couple that everyone just goes "Yeah, they're right for each other, that's good enough."
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:01 pm

I noticed that in Chez Platypus too. I think if any couple is going to progress it will be Jeremace, and i wouldn't be altogether surprised if they did a Kim/Ron with either a finale or gradual progression. It wouldn't ruin the formula because Candace could still be paranoid about the boys whilst with Jeremy and invent all sorts of contraptions and spy gadgets to observe their doings.
    tiggertine
    tiggertine

Number of posts : 456

Post by tiggertine Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:04 pm

I'm actually surprised Suzy hasn't shown up in a while....she's the only thing keeping them apart, and she shakes things up, to say the least. I'd actually like to see her show up again to mess up one of their dates.

Hm, Jeremace? I think Candy's a cute couple name too. xD
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:19 pm

Candemy... Jeremace... see that's why at first i was more supportive of Phinabella...
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:53 am

Actually, Candy is Stacy's nickname for Candace, so that's out.

Well Suzy's dog did show up recently, but yeah, I wonder when she will next appear.

Plus it's more than just that episode, all throughout season 2 Jeremy and Candace have been getting more comfortable with each other, like with "Backyard Aquarium" when he and Candace were desperately trying to call each other, he invited her over in "Interview With a Platypus" to play videogames, it doesn't surprise me by now, it's just nice that he's actually having the metal to be strong about it though.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:18 am

Yeah. On the whole i think it's a good thing and shan't mess with the formula.
    BigNeerav

Post by BigNeerav Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:00 am

I definitely see the couple (Candace/Jeremy) moving forward.......the question is now, where will they end up? I agree with the above posters that the relationship should remain open such that it leaves more room plotwise for the two characters.
    IamThePlatypus
    IamThePlatypus

Number of posts : 232
    Registration date : 2009-04-06

Post by IamThePlatypus Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:43 am

I've seen it called Canderemy - which I think is my personal favorite. Better than Jandice... sounds like a kitchen cleaning product.

My favorite moment recently was in Chez Platypus after Jeremy asked her out they both hung up and were like, "YES!" I was like... awwwwwww, they're so cute and perfect for each other!!! *melts into a pool of squished butter*
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:43 pm

Yeah that was nice. Those moments are done much better in PaF than in most shows where it's always so predictable and boring.
    BigNeerav

Post by BigNeerav Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:37 pm

The two really seemed to have grown closer together as per the episode "Chez Platypus", now having dinner together with Jeremy asking Candace out for a date. I really like how things are evolving with this pairing.
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:44 pm

However, who calls someone and then decides to start drinking their drink?
    BigNeerav

Post by BigNeerav Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:55 pm

Roy42 wrote:However, who calls someone and then decides to start drinking their drink?
    Not sure.......going to have to watch the episoe again to find that out. Hmm.....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:10 pm