The Phineas and Ferb Community Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics

» Hihi - Introduce Yourself
Candace - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 11:49 pm by eeemeee

» FanFiction
Candace - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 8:01 am by Roy42

» Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension
Candace - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 10:15 pm by CoffeeFlavord

» (Fic) Snow Dungeon
Candace - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:46 am by CoffeeFlavord

» Perry/Doofenshmirtz
Candace - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:36 am by CoffeeFlavord

» Candace Disconnected
Candace - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 7:57 pm by CoffeeFlavord

» Where did everybody go?
Candace - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 5:26 am by Noellicorn

» Spongebob ?!?
Candace - Page 2 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 2:20 am by digigirl02

» Just A Quick Question
Candace - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 3:59 am by Roy42

+11
DjangoKatie
ChimneyVator
Helouise
ChatterBox
IamThePlatypus
PhineasFerbTones
tiggertine
BigNeerav
Livyrosebud
eeemeee
Roy42
15 posters

Candace

Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Number of posts : 1351
    Registration date : 2009-03-01

Candace - Page 2 Empty Candace

Post by Roy42 Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:57 am

First topic message reminder :

Candace is the older sister and step-sister of Phineas and Ferb, respectively. Candace has a specific list of priorities in her daily plan: Bust Phineas and Ferb, Advance her relationship with Jeremy, Have a fun Summer. Despite her tendencies to never care for what Phineas and Ferb do, she shows time and again that she cares very much for both of them, placing their safety above even busting them, although regardless of how much she loves them, she finds that it has now become a need to bust them everyday even if they aren't doing anything, for what reason is unknown, even on the occasions that she joins in on their adventures, willingly or otherwise, at the end of the day it's about busting them, no matter how many times she fails.

Share your thoughts on this character.

BigNeerav

Number of posts : 699

Candace - Page 2 Empty Re: Candace

Post by BigNeerav Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:18 am

eeemeee wrote:Heh, well, I thought she'd stop solely because when she went into the future, it was pretty clear that she never succeeded. So... she's just setting herself up to fail again and again. Razz But hey, if that's what floats her boat.
    That reminds me of a famous quote, which you may have heard:

"Those who don't learn history are doomed to repeat it"

Case in point - Candace must have a VERY slow learning curve not to know that every time she tries to bust her brothers, it will never succeed because something will always happen that causes her attempts to bust her brother to fail. When will she ever learn?
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:34 am

Now I know how to describe how you're referring to Candace, Neerav.

Perhaps it's all the fanfics you've been reading and automatically judging as having nothing good at all in them (which is also not true) but you're talking about Candace like you honestly believe she's a real person.
    eeemeee
    eeemeee

Number of posts : 449
    Registration date : 2009-03-20

Post by eeemeee Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:42 am

BigNeerav wrote:
    eeemeee wrote:Heh, well, I thought she'd stop solely because when she went into the future, it was pretty clear that she never succeeded. So... she's just setting herself up to fail again and again. Razz But hey, if that's what floats her boat.
    That reminds me of a famous quote, which you may have heard:

"Those who don't learn history are doomed to repeat it"

Well... I think "Those who don't learn from the future are doomed to do what they saw they would do" would be more appropriate, but that's not exactly... yeah. Razz
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:48 am

Yes, but there's chronological history and personal history.

It was in the chronological future, but also in Candace's personal history.

That phrase is saying that if you don't learn from both chronological history and from your own experiences, you'll be doomed to repeat them.

This is why paradoxes and I have a very strange relationship.
    BigNeerav

Post by BigNeerav Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:19 pm

I am not seeing Candace as a real person, just as a character in the show, which includes the many futile attempts for her to bust her brothers. It looks liked down the road (as per "Quantum Boogaloo"), she becomes more mature and stops busting her brothers (as Ferb notes, "At least she mellows with age") and even seems more tranquil, as Phinas noted.

The curious part is what causes her to all of a sudden to "finally" become more mature. Maybe we will never see that event in which we finally realizes that she needs to "grow up" and stop trying to bust her brothers. A lot of stories/speculation can be made from this, so we won't go there, since they may or may not end up being true.
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:44 pm

BigNeerav wrote:I am not seeing Candace as a real person, just as a character in the show…

The irritation in your words about Candace in the most recent episode begs to differ.
    ChimneyVator
    ChimneyVator

Number of posts : 238
    Registration date : 2009-04-11

Post by ChimneyVator Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:18 pm

There's nothing wrong with being irritated with a fictional character. I'm a bit more worried about all the infactuation over fictional characters....
    BigNeerav

Post by BigNeerav Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:49 pm

Roy:

Shows are "supposed" have characters that you like and dislike.......that is how they end up being so interesting to watch. Look at shows and movies within the past.......I don't know, couple of decades or more. Chimneyvator makes a good point about that. Such also makes for scenes in shows and/or movies that make you happy, angry, sad, scared, etc...

Candace, as a character, is no different in this regard. Many of the fans of the show, myself included, wonder why she is so obsessed over busting her brothers instead of just simply enjoying life, and letting her brothers enjoy thier summer vacation.
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:05 am

I never said that it's 'wrong' to have an emotional reaction to a character; in fact that's what makes it a good show and great characterisation. You're missing what my point was, and I'm not going to reiterate it if you're going to miss it all over again.
    BigNeerav

Post by BigNeerav Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:16 am

Let's look at what you said again, shall we?

The irritation in your words about Candace in the most recent episode begs to differ.

I am irritated at Candace, as a character, which is normal. Anybody would agree that she is annoying for her "constantly " busting her brothers. That is what Chimneyvator also said. I also mentioned the hope that maybe down the road, she will finally become mature.

We dont know if she will buckle down.......maybe she will, mabe she won't. We will just have to wait and see. In the meantime, Candace will end up being a character that you will either love or will hate.
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:25 am

Great, so it seems I'll have to reiterate it again anyway, now that you've tried to get the point of what I was saying.

Maybe I did say it a bit obscurely, but you're talking about comments at and after ChimneyVator, not the one before it, from what I see.

No, it seems no one is.
    BigNeerav

Post by BigNeerav Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:35 am

Well, whatever point you were trying to make was not very clear.

As of now, for those who are irritated with Candace, obviously, don't expect her to change anytime soon. Who knows, maybe Jeremy, if he is good enough, can talk Candace out of keeping on with the same antics of busting Phineas and Ferb.

Although I admit, she can be quite funny at times though.
    DjangoKatie
    DjangoKatie

Number of posts : 248
    Registration date : 2009-08-05

Post by DjangoKatie Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:55 pm

Even when she's over 50 feet tall, she can be quite hilarious. Yes, she's good at playing the "big sister" role, both literally and figuratively.

Giant Candace is out, Peace!!
    KLCI
    KLCI

Number of posts : 30
    Registration date : 2009-11-14

Post by KLCI Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:03 am

Ah, Candace. Such a misunderstood and for some, unnecessarily disliked character. Seriously, I was just on tv.com (no wonder many of you left that place) and I was astounded at many of the Candace haters over there.

Of course many of these haters seem to be oblivious to the seemingly obvious fact that Candace does indeed care very deeply for her brothers as pointed out both earlier in this thread and even in the show.

As for the reasons of why she tries to bust her brothers, I believe there are two main reasons. The first has already been mentioned on this thread multiple times, she fears for their safety. The second reason is I think she simply wants Linda to not think she's crazy and prove to her that she was never lying or seeing things. As another older sibling here, I can see where this would be very frustrating. This is why I think she tries to bust them even when they are not working on a dangerous project.

Of course, I'm sure the real reason is the continuity of the series, but hey, analyzing personalities can be interesting sometimes. Even with a fictional character.
    The Regurgitator

Number of posts : 36
    Registration date : 2010-04-19

Post by The Regurgitator Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:55 pm

Yu think Tv.com is bad? There's this person on FF.net who is a pretty good writer but man he must hate Candace. Just read this story here:
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5562002/1/Road_To_A_New_Cartoon.

And maybe this one too:
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5467482/1/The_New_Adventures_of_Phineas_and_Ferb.

anyway, She's awesome
    KLCI
    KLCI

Number of posts : 30
    Registration date : 2009-11-14

Post by KLCI Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:29 pm

The Regurgitator wrote:Yu think Tv.com is bad? There's this person on FF.net who is a pretty good writer but man he must hate Candace. Just read this story here:
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5562002/1/Road_To_A_New_Cartoon.

And maybe this one too:
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5467482/1/The_New_Adventures_of_Phineas_and_Ferb.

anyway, She's awesome

Blackspiderman? Yes, I've tried reading some of his stuff. I agree he's a decent enough writer, but I couldn't get through his stories because his Candace hate was irritating me.

To stay on topic here, I agree, Candace is cool. Not my number 1 favorite but certainly in my top 3 favorite characters in the show.
    The Regurgitator

Number of posts : 36
    Registration date : 2010-04-19

Post by The Regurgitator Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:45 am

That guy clearly hasn't seen...well any Season 2 episode.

Anyway, She's in my Top 10 At least.
    Darkest

Number of posts : 25
    Registration date : 2010-04-12

Post by Darkest Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:38 am

So now that Candace and Jeremy are together do you think the focus on their relationship will weaken or strengthen? I'm sure there will be at least one episode getting it all set after SBTY and showing a bit of it, but overall what do you think? There's no longer any buildup to a relationship but on the other hand they may have a whole new list of possibilities for this.

I just hope they don't pull a Hannah Montana on this, but I have enough faith in Dan and Swampy to believe they won't do this.
    DjangoKatie
    DjangoKatie

Number of posts : 248
    Registration date : 2009-08-05

Post by DjangoKatie Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:14 pm

What do you actually mean by "pull a Hannah Montana"?
    Darkest

Post by Darkest Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:20 am

Basically make it all dramatic...err more dramatic than we are used to for Candace. For example we get an entire episode on Candace having feelings for another boy at the same time or Jeremy cheats on her or something.
    Laughingcheese:)
    Laughingcheese:)

Number of posts : 334
    Location : The UK or if you prefer a basement in the middle of nowhere where I keep my pencil's and paper.
    Registration date : 2009-03-20

Post by Laughingcheese:) Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:43 pm

Well I hope they don't make it "dramatic" what would be the point in splitting them apart when its taken a long time to get them together..and anyway..Didn't the time travelling episode say that Candace had a child named after Candace's choice of names with Jeremey?
    Darkest

Post by Darkest Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:59 pm

She also has a third child she never mentions. His name is Fred and looks nothing like Candace and Jeremy. He's also the same age as Xavier. So it sounds like Candace repeats the same love life as her mother...although I personally like to believe that Fred is adopted instead, making it close the Flynn-Fletcher family Candace's was supposed to parody but not making it necessary for her and Jeremy to split up.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:14 am