The Phineas and Ferb Community Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics

» Hihi - Introduce Yourself
April Fools! EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 11:49 pm by eeemeee

» FanFiction
April Fools! EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 8:01 am by Roy42

» Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension
April Fools! EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 10:15 pm by CoffeeFlavord

» (Fic) Snow Dungeon
April Fools! EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:46 am by CoffeeFlavord

» Perry/Doofenshmirtz
April Fools! EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:36 am by CoffeeFlavord

» Candace Disconnected
April Fools! EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 7:57 pm by CoffeeFlavord

» Where did everybody go?
April Fools! EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 5:26 am by Noellicorn

» Spongebob ?!?
April Fools! EmptyMon May 16, 2011 2:20 am by digigirl02

» Just A Quick Question
April Fools! EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 3:59 am by Roy42

5 posters

April Fools!

Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Number of posts : 1351
    Registration date : 2009-03-01

April Fools! Empty April Fools!

Post by Roy42 Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:54 am

Just a check in, how did everyone go this April Fools Day? After all, it's the day when everyone puts up fake news and info on the internet, it's pretty deceiving if they're good enough.

I did have planned to make a message saying that Swampy wanted to make an adaption of one of my screenplays, but by the time I had finished tinkering with my DSi (which was a while) I realised it was too late for the tradition of April Fools timing to even be valid in America.

Possibly one of the funniest ones was when I started Wii Fit yesterday (my April Fools Day) and was told that the Balance Board wasn't working and that I would have to send it off to be repaired.

Two of the most unbelievable ones were:

1. XGen Studios announced that they were "due to the overflow of new users" making 100 Stick Arena: Ballistick users moderators, based on several factors, none of which I was that big on, however I still managed to become a mod, high end, but still couldn't fool me.

2. IGN had released a news story claiming that there would be DLC for Super Smash Bros that would ramp up the gore to the point where Link would be able to decapitate Mario in a shower of blood. Despite it being shaky cam footage of it, I lost all belief in IGN after the fake Legend of Zelda movie last year. Still, another impressive and high end attempt.

Anyone have any noticeable April Fools Jokes played on them by someone in real life, or on the internet?
    tiggertine
    tiggertine

Number of posts : 456
    Registration date : 2009-03-20

April Fools! Empty Re: April Fools!

Post by tiggertine Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:49 pm

You have a DSi? *is jealous* Gah, two cameras.....two cameras...

Did you see YouTube on April Fool's? The videos played upside down. xD I actually like it better that way, now I always add '&flip=1' after video URLs to flip them.

My friends also made an AIM screenname and attempted to bombard me with messages and confuse me with it. xD
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:17 pm

Wow, of all the days when I hadn't gone on YouTube…
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:29 am

Nothing happened. The closest thing i've done of late is post a continuous flood of spam at hannah montana forums... I don't care how many of my profiles must be deleted... if it's for the cause of anti hannah montana lol
    eeemeee
    eeemeee

Number of posts : 449

Post by eeemeee Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:32 am

(Hi everybody, yup, I'm still alive up here! tongue)

Well, I did terribly on April Fools, actually... I'm way too gullible.

All the jokes played on me were over the Internet, since I'm on vacation so nobody could trick me offline. On the *mysterious other forum I'm part of*, there was an announcement that the forum was going to be sold over eBay, and a link to an eBay auction set up for it! I didn't actually fall for that one, but apparently the bidding on the place got up to 2550 pounds before they pulled it! Shocked

Also, underneath everybody's names was a little thing that said "**BANNED**", which momentarily confused and freaked me out. Many of the board names had been changed as well. One's description had been changed to say that it was for posting Sports Illustrated swimsuit photos over and over again. Razz

What really got me was one person who claimed they were getting to interview Ringo Starr. I totally fell for it... though, in all fairness to myself, it was still March 31st for me. (Darn Australians and their later timezone! tongue)

Yeah, so that was me in all my gullibility. (In fact, I changed my name to Hapless Gullible Fool for a bit to commemorate my gullibility.) Very Happy
    Livyrosebud
    Livyrosebud

Number of posts : 253

Post by Livyrosebud Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:53 pm

Well on another website that I visit, there was an announcement on the main page that it had been hacked and that the hackers demanded $40,000 if the website was to be put back up. Turns out it was all just an April Fools joke by the admin...but I fell for it. Hook line and sinker.
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:40 am

See, April Fools is like a second Christmas for webmasters.
    eeemeee
    eeemeee

Post by eeemeee Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:53 am

Yeah, but normal people can pull them too. In fact, sometimes it's easier for normal people, because everybody's expecting the webmaster to do something. (I was pretty surprised when there was no joke here, to be honest.)
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:48 am

Like I said, I did plan to get really excited about Swampy contacting me and wanting to use one of my screenplays, but by the time I had gotten to it, I was too late.

Besides, gives me more time for next year.

P.S - eeemeee, you have yet to review my latest update.
    eeemeee
    eeemeee

Post by eeemeee Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:34 am

(I know I do, haven't read it yet due to the fact that I'm still in Canada. Will be home tomorrow, and should have time to read and review either then or the day after. Very Happy)

See, the advantage you Australians have over us North Americans is that while it's April Fools for you, it's still March 31st for us, so we're not yet expecting anything. I probably wouldn't have fallen for that thing I did fall for if it hadn't been an Australian guy pulling it, and so when he did so it was still the 31st for me.
    tiggertine
    tiggertine

Post by tiggertine Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:04 am

Livy, was that twilightsucks.com, by any chance? xD Because I think they had a hacker prank on the front page too.

Eh, I think April Fool's is a silly holiday anyway. 'Sbetter to prank people on some other random date...that way, they have no idea it's coming. afro
    Livyrosebud
    Livyrosebud

Number of posts : 253

Post by Livyrosebud Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:48 am

Yes, yes it was. I was in a panic for a few days then I remember...April Fools. And I agree, I always prank people on some other day. Like at the beginning of basketball season I told my dad I was quitting basketball to do cheer and he freaked. It was hilarious.
    tiggertine
    tiggertine

Post by tiggertine Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:29 am

If you highlighted the front page, there was some little text near the bottom that said something like 'Happy April Fool's from the admin!' Hehehe, I didn't think that site could be hacked very easily. xD
    IamThePlatypus
    IamThePlatypus

Number of posts : 232
    Registration date : 2009-04-06

Post by IamThePlatypus Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:32 am

I usually enjoy pranking my friends on April 1, but sadly I let this year go on without anything overly exciting. I can't believe I missed out on the upside down YouTube videos day. Sad
    tiggertine
    tiggertine

Post by tiggertine Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:37 am

My 'prank' for April Fool's day, since I'm a well-known prankster at my school, was to tell everyone I had a huge prank planned....then not actually do anything. xD Haha, the poor fellows were looking over their shoulders the whole day. Gotta love being paranoid.
    IamThePlatypus
    IamThePlatypus

Number of posts : 232
    Registration date : 2009-04-06

Post by IamThePlatypus Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:42 am

Hahahahaha, oh my gosh that's absolutely brilliant! Love it! XD
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:05 am

Luckily for all of you, since you never got anything from me for April Fools Day, you don't even know what I can do, so it will be a great learning experience when I do get all of you, big question now, when will it be?
    eeemeee
    eeemeee

Post by eeemeee Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:50 am

Roy42 wrote:Luckily for all of you, since you never got anything from me for April Fools Day, you don't even know what I can do, so it will be a great learning experience when I do get all of you, big question now, when will it be?

*makes mental note to be wary from now on*
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:03 am

HA, you'll need to be more than wary to beat me.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:58 pm

Being homeschooled i never april fool'd anyone but i learnt about it at regular school around 98 i think... always wanted to fool someone. Then again my mastery of deception has grown beyond silly pranks and i can quite convince somebody of something subtly.
    tiggertine
    tiggertine

Post by tiggertine Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:01 pm

Eh, pranking people online isn't nearly as fun anyway. You don't get to see their reaction, or experience the thrill of running from them once they've realized what you've done. xD
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:03 pm

remember that Simpsons episode with Bart pranking Homer?
    tiggertine
    tiggertine

Post by tiggertine Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:05 pm

Sadly, no, as I'm not familiar with the show. Perhaps you can enlighten us. xD
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:16 pm

Well Bart plans a really good april fools on Homer after Homer does heaps on him, so he shakes up a beer and freezes it. Then he turns up the thermostat so Homer wants a beer. Homer opens the beer and it erupts. He is in hospital for the rest of the episode and theres a funny scene where he learns to walk again by looking at a candy machine.
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:57 am

A better explanation: Bart hadn't managed to prank anyone, he got one more can of beer and put it in a paint machine-whatever-it-is to shake it for a long time. Then he got Homer to open it and cause a mushroom cloud of beer explosion, putting him into a coma. The rest of the episode is basically flashbacks.

Anyway, well the advantage of April Fooling someone online is that you have the added bonus of getting large numbers of people.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 7:50 am