The Phineas and Ferb Community Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics

» Hihi - Introduce Yourself
Thaddeus and Thor EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 11:49 pm by eeemeee

» FanFiction
Thaddeus and Thor EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 8:01 am by Roy42

» Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension
Thaddeus and Thor EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 10:15 pm by CoffeeFlavord

» (Fic) Snow Dungeon
Thaddeus and Thor EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:46 am by CoffeeFlavord

» Perry/Doofenshmirtz
Thaddeus and Thor EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:36 am by CoffeeFlavord

» Candace Disconnected
Thaddeus and Thor EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 7:57 pm by CoffeeFlavord

» Where did everybody go?
Thaddeus and Thor EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 5:26 am by Noellicorn

» Spongebob ?!?
Thaddeus and Thor EmptyMon May 16, 2011 2:20 am by digigirl02

» Just A Quick Question
Thaddeus and Thor EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 3:59 am by Roy42

+7
agentpfan
Laughingcheese:)
Livyrosebud
tiggertine
BigNeerav
IamThePlatypus
Roy42
11 posters

Thaddeus and Thor

Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Number of posts : 1351
    Registration date : 2009-03-01

Thaddeus and Thor Empty Thaddeus and Thor

Post by Roy42 Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:24 pm

Candace is in charge, which means no projects from the boys! That is, until a visiting girl arrives, bringing stories of her brothers, claiming that they are the most annoying little brothers ever. Determined to prove her wrong, Candace now orders the boys to build a fort to rival Thaddeus and Thor's. Meanwhile, Doofenshmirtz' family reunion isn't the happiest time for him, and not just because of his ex-wife and daughter attending. Featuring a special appearance by Love Händel, who help convey the theme of Doofenshmirtz' deep-rooted childhood sorrow.

Share your thoughts on this episode.
    IamThePlatypus
    IamThePlatypus

Number of posts : 232
    Registration date : 2009-04-06

Thaddeus and Thor Empty Re: Thaddeus and Thor

Post by IamThePlatypus Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:57 am

This is my new favorite episode of Season 2! They make so many reflexive jokes! "Hey, where's Harry?" "He's a contractor, he doesn't do much." "Couldn't Kick My Way Into her Heart," hahahaha and omg so many more. I'm going to rewatch it a couple of times to pick up on more of it. Dr. Doof doing the cup-stacking and relating more of his tragic back-story. The relation between Perry and Doof as Perry is actually helping him practice kickball - hahaha, it's so funny! XD

I got really sad when Candace thought P&F had let her down too, mostly because I mean, you have to know the boys have done more than that dinky little house, and Candace is so upset with them! Sad But of course it all works out. Oh my goodness, my favorite lines:

Phineas: Candace, we don't do this to compete, we do it for fun!
    Ferb: And for the ladies... Rawr...

Phineas: *snap* Gum me!
    Ferb: Puh-lease!

Ferb's getting so much more attention the last few episodes, I feel like his true personality is starting to come out, and he's HILARIOUS!!! Hope to see more like this in the coming ep's.
    BigNeerav

Number of posts : 699

Post by BigNeerav Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:04 am

I watched this episode last night, and I thought it was one of the funniest episodes. I really enjoyed this episode, especially when Phineas snapped his finger and said "gum me" and Ferb was like "please". Overall, I thought it was a great episode, and really shows how creative Phineas and Ferb can get.

As for Candace.......just give me some rope and some duck tape and I shut her up for good.
    tiggertine
    tiggertine

Number of posts : 456
    Registration date : 2009-03-20

Post by tiggertine Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:36 am

Hehe, must agree with above awesome posts, this has to be among one of my favourites from Season 2 so far.

I found it a bit strange that Ferb had more lines than he usually does....but no complaining here, he's hilarious. 8D

Hey now, let's refrain from silencing Candace. she be kewl. >:c
    BigNeerav

Post by BigNeerav Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:47 am

I for one wish Candace can be nice to her brothers, but oh well. Ferb is getting better and better with every episode, it seems, and this proves it.
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:04 am

I didn't find Ferb to have more lines than usual, I think I found "Puh-lease" funnier than his quip for the ladies though, as much as that adds another 8 dimensions of flesh to his character.
    IamThePlatypus
    IamThePlatypus

Post by IamThePlatypus Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:22 am

He did have 3 lines, which is more than usual, especially considering he often didn't have any.

And hey, I love Candace! If she didn't scream and try to get her brothers in trouble, who would she be? And they have their sweet, huggy moments sometimes. :3 Haha, gotta love how busting inspired her to beat Heinz's cup stacking record. XD
    Livyrosebud
    Livyrosebud

Number of posts : 253

Post by Livyrosebud Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:10 pm

That was funny. "I feel a disturbance in the cup-stacking world. I think my record has been broken' I'd have to rewatch the other episodes in order to decide if this is my Season 2 favorite, but it's up there for sure.

Last edited by Livyrosebud on Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Hmm, another (albeit very tenuous) Star Wars rip there, "I feel a disturbance…" however I found the cup stacking to be the greatest thing about Doofenshmirtz' plot this time round, well, you know, excluding Love Händel.

Number of posts : 334
    Location : The UK or if you prefer a basement in the middle of nowhere where I keep my pencil's and paper.

Post by Laughingcheese:) Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:15 pm

Yes that cup stacking scene was great "And does my mother care?..NO".I felt that charlene shouldn't have been there even if they did explain why she was....it just didnt seem right,and whats with all the Doofenshmirtz's???? i know its a family reunion but if they where so many why didnt he live with his relatives when he was so unhappy?
    IamThePlatypus
    IamThePlatypus

Post by IamThePlatypus Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:44 am

I get the feeling Doofinshmirtz might be placed in the "Does not play well with others" category. Hahaha, I think he might drive the rest of his family nuts. ;0)
    BigNeerav

Post by BigNeerav Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:53 am

Probably, and is most likely an outcast to his family, which is why he looked like a loner in the episode during the family reunion. No one really likes him all that much, from what I can gather from that scene of the episode. Poor Doofenschmirtz.......life's a pain.
    agentpfan

Number of posts : 28
    Registration date : 2009-06-14

Post by agentpfan Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:14 am

This epispde was great! I loved the reappearence of Love Handel, maybe my favorite part! And the line at the end, "Look Candace, the boys have taken an interest in building things!" Very Happy
    IamThePlatypus
    IamThePlatypus

Post by IamThePlatypus Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:39 am

Hahahaha - yeah that line particularly got me. Like in Lake Nose Monster when she was so amazed that they could build that little wooden boat - Nosebud.
    eeemeee
    eeemeee

Number of posts : 449

Post by eeemeee Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:35 am

Thaddeus and Thor... such annoying little pests. They're like the exact opposite of Phineas and Ferb. Hmph.

Anyways, Ferb had three lines. I was happy. The "puh-lease" made me choke on nothing. And then the "And for the ladies! Rawr!" line... I had a laughing spasm. It was awesome.

I liked the return of Love Handel, that was awesome. Hehehe, poor Doofy.

I also liked PaF's terra cotta soldier room. A must-have addition to any fort.

Oh, and just because I want to brag on someone else's behalf, my brother can do that cup-stacking thing. 8D
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:54 am

Because I like bragging for me and me only, I can do the cup stacking too, most likely faster than your brother.

I do think that this episode is one of the stronger examples of what season 2 is mainly about, which is expanding the original formula.
    IamThePlatypus
    IamThePlatypus

Post by IamThePlatypus Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:44 am

It just so often makes jokes on itself - I feel like so much of Phineas and Ferb is reflexive. I watch with friends who haven't seen it much, and they only get half of the jokes. Would the Love Handel bit be funny without seeing Dude, We're Getting the Band Back Together? Not really. Would the line "He's a Contractor, he doesn't do much" be funny without watching Rollercoaster? Not really. Finding the many variations of "Yes, yes I am" throughout the episodes entertaining is only the product of expecting it because so many episodes have been watched. I'm not complaining, merely observing - I think it's awesome. But it does mean I sometimes look like an idiot watching with my friends when they don't get what I'm laughing at.
    BigNeerav

Post by BigNeerav Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:51 pm

I liked the contractors joke.......when Thaddeus said that, I was like "true that". It is worse when they are in unions, but anyways. I did see similarities to some of the things that Phineas and Ferb say during the course of an episode. Ferb's line about "doing it for the ladies" was quite funny.......some of the newspaper jokes that were given before the plane was built also made me laugh.
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:24 pm

BigNeerav wrote:I liked the contractors joke.......when Thaddeus said that, I was like "true that". It is worse when they are in unions, but anyways. I did see similarities to some of the things that Phineas and Ferb say during the course of an episode. Ferb's line about "doing it for the ladies" was quite funny.......some of the newspaper jokes that were given before the plane was built also made me laugh.

You're confusing this episode with "De Plane! De Plane!"
    eeemeee
    eeemeee

Number of posts : 449

Post by eeemeee Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:49 pm

Roy42 wrote:Because I like bragging for me and me only, I can do the cup stacking too, most likely faster than your brother.

Good for you. Though my money's on my brother for being faster, he's gooooood.

Anyways, was anybody else slightly freaked out by Thaddeus's face? I mean, I know it was supposed to resemble Phineas's to a degree, but just the the way it was a normal face with this gigantic triangular nose... yikes.

Also, I'm liking this side of Ferb's personality we've been seeing lately. Sort of reminiscent of his bikini-wearing counterpart. Very Happy
    BigNeerav

Post by BigNeerav Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:33 am

I did find Thaddeus's face a bit.......unusual. Of course, for arrogant people like Thaddeus, I have ways to humiliate them and deflate thier overly inflated egos. Who's your daddy now, tough guy?
    agentpfan

Number of posts : 28
    Registration date : 2009-06-14

Post by agentpfan Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:53 am

Thaddeus looked strangely familier too. When I first saw it in the commercial I was trying to remember what other cartoon he was from, thinking it was a crossover. Anyone else get that?
    Livyrosebud
    Livyrosebud

Number of posts : 253

Post by Livyrosebud Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:07 am

Uh....nope not really. I just thought he looked very strange, but he didn't remind of any other cartoon character. But then again I don't really watch many cartoons, so he could very well resemble another cartoon character.
    ILovePhineas15
    ILovePhineas15

Number of posts : 22
    Registration date : 2009-08-10

Post by ILovePhineas15 Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:30 pm

I actually teach a cup stacking class to 5th graders in my school, so I freaked out when Doofy pulled out a set! I really need him on my team! XD
    DjangoKatie
    DjangoKatie

Number of posts : 248
    Registration date : 2009-08-05

Post by DjangoKatie Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:33 pm

Love how Isabella gets introduced here:

Isabella: Whatcha doin'?
    Phineas: Building a fort.
    Isabella: (Seeing Thaddeus and Thor) What are you doing?
    Thaddeus: Showing two chumps how to build a fort.
    Isabella: Oh no he didn't?!! Phineas, how can I help?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 7:50 am