The Phineas and Ferb Community Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics

» Hihi - Introduce Yourself
Atlantis EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 11:49 pm by eeemeee

» FanFiction
Atlantis EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 8:01 am by Roy42

» Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension
Atlantis EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 10:15 pm by CoffeeFlavord

» (Fic) Snow Dungeon
Atlantis EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:46 am by CoffeeFlavord

» Perry/Doofenshmirtz
Atlantis EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:36 am by CoffeeFlavord

» Candace Disconnected
Atlantis EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 7:57 pm by CoffeeFlavord

» Where did everybody go?
Atlantis EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 5:26 am by Noellicorn

» Spongebob ?!?
Atlantis EmptyMon May 16, 2011 2:20 am by digigirl02

» Just A Quick Question
Atlantis EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 3:59 am by Roy42

4 posters

Atlantis

Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Number of posts : 1351
    Registration date : 2009-03-01

Atlantis Empty Atlantis

Post by Roy42 Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:03 am

How convenient is Danville; the sunken city of Atlantis, Phineas and Ferb's target of fun for today, is just off the shore! What wonders await them under the seeeeaaaa, under the seeeaaa-OW! *was that for?!* Up on the surface world, is Candace so into this sandcastle building contest because she loves winning? Because she wants to feel like a kid again? Or, the most obvious answer: Jeremy's judging it. Here's hoping her good time won't be disrupted by Doofenshmirtz's latest scheme. You'd think he learned his lesson about going green last time…

Share your thoughts on this episode.
    agentpfan

Number of posts : 28
    Registration date : 2009-06-14

Atlantis Empty Re: Atlantis

Post by agentpfan Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:51 pm

Flashbacks to Aquaman comics from childhood! The only disappointing thing about this episode was that we didn't see any merpeople in Atlantis. Other than that, loved it! Interesting how neither Linda nor Candace actually saw what they were doing this time. Seems like Irving is becoming a regular now. And ya gotta love Carl's fake mustache!

So many great lines! "Remember, if you get lost, the surface is up!" "And if you don't mind, I'm going upwind of you..." "Curse you inadequate immune system!" "Hey! I had my thumb over the lens the entire time!" ROFL!
    DjangoKatie
    DjangoKatie

Number of posts : 248
    Registration date : 2009-08-05

Post by DjangoKatie Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:46 pm

Pretty much an average episode. The song runs by very fast after that slow introduction part. Linda and Candace actually cooperating on a project - well that's a big surprise! Some great moments, can easily be forgettable. 71%
    KLCI
    KLCI

Number of posts : 30
    Registration date : 2009-11-14

Post by KLCI Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:24 am

I agree with DjangoKatie that this was pretty much a "run of the mill" episode. Not that it's a bad thing though, like most of the average episodes on P&F, it was still entertaining enough overall.

I enjoyed watching Candace and Linda cooperating on the whole sand castle project, it was a nice change of pace for those two.

Also, like agentpfan I was expecting to see some type of underwater inhabitants in Atlantis, but the concept of exploring a completely abandoned city, underwater or otherwise, is a very cool concept to me. So I can see why the writers may have chosen it to be uninhabited.
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:29 am

Or they chose it to be uninhabited because if a city on the surface of Earth sunk to the bottom, everyone that lived in it would have been one of those tiresome air-breathers, and either died when the city sunk, their remains quickly becoming fish food or just drifting away, or had just floated on the surface of the water over to Danville, where they discovered it was so much fun living in the tri-state area that they might as well not bother telling anyone. In any case, the reason Atlantis would be uninhabited is because it was not initially occupied by mer-people or whatever.
    KLCI
    KLCI

Post by KLCI Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:50 am

Roy42 wrote:Or they chose it to be uninhabited because if a city on the surface of Earth sunk to the bottom, everyone that lived in it would have been one of those tiresome air-breathers, and either died when the city sunk, their remains quickly becoming fish food or just drifting away, or had just floated on the surface of the water over to Danville, where they discovered it was so much fun living in the tri-state area that they might as well not bother telling anyone. In any case, the reason Atlantis would be uninhabited is because it was not initially occupied by mer-people or whatever.

That's true, I'm sure your right the writers chose to go that route because it made more sense than mer-people in a realistic sense.

I was just comparing it to other cartoons involving underwater cities that had mer-people such as Futurama.
    DjangoKatie
    DjangoKatie

Number of posts : 248
    Registration date : 2009-08-05

Post by DjangoKatie Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:44 pm

Where in Futurama (in which episodes) does it contain mer-people?
    KLCI
    KLCI

Post by KLCI Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:44 am

DjangoKatie wrote:Where in Futurama (in which episodes) does it contain mer-people?

"The Deep South" from season 2.
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:05 pm

*whistles* On topic, people!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content