The Phineas and Ferb Community Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics

» Hihi - Introduce Yourself
HAPPY NEW YEAR! EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 11:49 pm by eeemeee

» FanFiction
HAPPY NEW YEAR! EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 8:01 am by Roy42

» Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension
HAPPY NEW YEAR! EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 10:15 pm by CoffeeFlavord

» (Fic) Snow Dungeon
HAPPY NEW YEAR! EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:46 am by CoffeeFlavord

» Perry/Doofenshmirtz
HAPPY NEW YEAR! EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:36 am by CoffeeFlavord

» Candace Disconnected
HAPPY NEW YEAR! EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 7:57 pm by CoffeeFlavord

» Where did everybody go?
HAPPY NEW YEAR! EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 5:26 am by Noellicorn

» Spongebob ?!?
HAPPY NEW YEAR! EmptyMon May 16, 2011 2:20 am by digigirl02

» Just A Quick Question
HAPPY NEW YEAR! EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 3:59 am by Roy42

+4
Crowfeather
DjangoKatie
Kenwit
Roy42
8 posters

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Number of posts : 1351
    Registration date : 2009-03-01

HAPPY NEW YEAR! Empty HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Post by Roy42 Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:28 pm

I am posting literally right after the fireworks display at Sydney Harbour Bridge has finished, going for its usual run of about 15 minutes, it's the main show that Australians tune in to. Looked amazing, and I'm even more pissed that my video capture card throws a fit if I try to capture it, because I'm trying to do it through my stupid, in-my-price-range, not-digital television that requires one of those old fashioned antenna thingymabobs and only gets about 5 channels. Like I actually watch TV on it when it isn't new year though, so whatever.

That's right, it's even more glaring that I live in the future from most of you, isn't it? It is 2010; brand new year, brand new decade…I think I'll keep the old clothes for a little while longer, though.

Now, stop me if this sounds a little out of character, but I found it hard to resist the thought of Christmas miracles this year. Literally on everyday surrounding Christmas, it was nightmarishly hot, as per usual, however right on the 25th, it was cloudy, raining, nice and cool; perfect weather, as far as I'm concerned. Then, after another 6 days of blazing heat, I get today, which spent the second half of itself clouded, beginning to rain, and being humid, but not so humid that I don't enjoy being outside.

I can't state enough how the way that 2009 has ended and 2010 has begun, weather-wise, really finished the year on a high note for me, and brought in the new year on an equally high note.

Also, I have to say, after finally getting around to listening to it on something other than my desktop computer (like say, my iPhone,) that "18" by Moby is just plain genius. I listened to it at about 10-ish when I didn't feel like cooking anything, so I walked down to grab McDonald's. "In My Heart" is — no joke — the perfect song to dance to in the weather that it was, as far as I'm concerned; dance-walking the whole song felt great (and if you were in my position, I'm sure you'd have found it nigh impossible to resist dance-walking as well.)

So, when it actually gets to be 2010 for you, be sure to post all about how you spent it! I'm one of the notorious intelligent crowd, who know better than to party on a holiday like this, so I just sat at home. But still, even if you only end up staying in on New Year's, let us all know how it went anyway: What were the fireworks like, did you do anything crazy when the countdown hit zero, did you light any fireworks of your own, etc? And if you went out, even better! When you're sober again, share what little of the experience you remember.

Happy New Year, everyone; here's to a good one.

Last edited by Roy42 on Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Kenwit
    Kenwit

Number of posts : 12
    Registration date : 2009-11-13

HAPPY NEW YEAR! Empty Re: HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Post by Kenwit Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:14 pm

HAPPY EARLY NEW YEAR SINGAPORE!!! Right, with that done im gonna sleep.
    DjangoKatie
    DjangoKatie

Number of posts : 248
    Registration date : 2009-08-05

Post by DjangoKatie Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:31 pm

Hope this one is better than last year's in my book...
    Crowfeather
    Crowfeather

Number of posts : 217
    Registration date : 2009-07-06

Post by Crowfeather Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:15 am

Wow, I haven't said "happy new year" all day. Well, there's nobody here to say it to. "Happy new year, Lindsay. You, too, Lindsay." I'm good now.
    Livyrosebud
    Livyrosebud

Number of posts : 253
    Registration date : 2009-03-20

Post by Livyrosebud Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:22 am

Happy new year everyone! I spent the last minutes of 2009 watching some idiots guys throw snowballs at cars with one of my friends. Didn't even know it was 2010 until a half hour after it happened. Oh well. Hope everyone has a great year!
    Dr. Coconut
    Dr. Coconut

Number of posts : 56
    Registration date : 2009-08-06

Post by Dr. Coconut Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:32 am

I spent the last of 2009 & the beginning of 2010 watching Phineas & Ferb! Really I did. I was watching Spa Day when my mom yelled HAPPY NEW YEAR! Then I looked at the clock & it said 12:00am. So I guess 2009 had a nice end & 2010 had a nice beginning.
    ChatterBox
    ChatterBox

Number of posts : 327
    Registration date : 2009-08-02

Post by ChatterBox Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:16 am

When it the time came for 2010 to come around, I was reading my book. I started off the new year with some character calling ym favourite character a whore. Neutral *sigh* I'm just not cut out to live in a world without constantly failing at life.

Happy... '10... That doesn't sound right!! Roar! This calls for senseless, angry rampaging through the Interwebz!
    ChimneyVator
    ChimneyVator

Number of posts : 238
    Registration date : 2009-04-11

Post by ChimneyVator Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:20 am

I actually went up to Chicago to celebrate... and ended up going to a church service. The communion wine wasn't even alcoholic Laughing , and I got reeealy confused when the ball dropped in New York City at 11:00... then I realised that there was a time change. I stayed up and watched movies until 4:30 with my friends from school, so it's all good.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content