The Phineas and Ferb Community Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics

» Hihi - Introduce Yourself
Just Passing Through EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 11:49 pm by eeemeee

» FanFiction
Just Passing Through EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 8:01 am by Roy42

» Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension
Just Passing Through EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 10:15 pm by CoffeeFlavord

» (Fic) Snow Dungeon
Just Passing Through EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:46 am by CoffeeFlavord

» Perry/Doofenshmirtz
Just Passing Through EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:36 am by CoffeeFlavord

» Candace Disconnected
Just Passing Through EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 7:57 pm by CoffeeFlavord

» Where did everybody go?
Just Passing Through EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 5:26 am by Noellicorn

» Spongebob ?!?
Just Passing Through EmptyMon May 16, 2011 2:20 am by digigirl02

» Just A Quick Question
Just Passing Through EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 3:59 am by Roy42

+3
eeemeee
TheFraggable74
Roy42
7 posters

Just Passing Through

Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Number of posts : 1351
    Registration date : 2009-03-01

Just Passing Through Empty Just Passing Through

Post by Roy42 Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:45 am

It's another typical day for Phineas and Ferb. You know: Fixing flat tires, hanging out to listen to Linda's jazz trio at the Mayor's Festival, rearranging molecules to pass through solid objects; same ol' same ol'. Lawrence is also going to be at the festival, auctioning off the antique steamrollers, shipped from England. Meanwhile, way out on a hill, overlooking the festival, Doofenshmirtz is going to deface Roger's statue that is being unveiled. Or maybe he's going to make it disintegrate. Well, he's got three plans, so something's bound to happen. …Right?

Share your thoughts on this episode.
    TheFraggable74
    TheFraggable74

Number of posts : 86
    Registration date : 2009-09-22

Just Passing Through Empty Re: Just Passing Through

Post by TheFraggable74 Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:11 am

Thanks a lot Doof, now I want a Perry bobblehead. But anyways, this was a pretty good episode overall. Good ending for almost everyone, similar to several S1 episodes. I still don't get how Linda took the pick without questioning how the hell the boys got it back from the wall in the first place, but this was a pretty nice episode. Also, Love Handel cameo...niiiiiice.
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Number of posts : 1351
    Registration date : 2009-03-01

Post by Roy42 Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:25 am

If the song and part of the dance moves in the song seem familiar to anyone, you'll find the same walk-dance move in "Mix and Mingle", "Mother Nature Won", I think "My X-Ray Eyes", and the song theme was pretty similar to "X-Ray Eyes", too.

It's not a bad thing, but like how in early episodes of Samurai Jack, where every battle had a healthy dose of split screen action shots that soon became predictable, you don't want something that's supposed to be varied in each episode, rather than a running gag that is intended to be seen coming before you watch the episode, being repeated and expected: "Oh, a song, and it's also got this type of tune; guess there's gonna be X dance move in it…"
    eeemeee
    eeemeee

Number of posts : 449
    Registration date : 2009-03-20

Post by eeemeee Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:37 am

*wants a Perry bobblehead with a burning passion*
    ChimneyVator
    ChimneyVator

Number of posts : 238
    Registration date : 2009-04-11

Post by ChimneyVator Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:51 am

I wasn't a big fan of the tanslucent plotline, but Doof's was awesome. You know how he called roadside assistance and they said they'd be several hours? That's truth in television.
    KLCI
    KLCI

Number of posts : 30
    Registration date : 2009-11-14

Post by KLCI Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:45 am

This was a pretty good episode. The plot didn't really feel different to me than any other average P&F episode, but that being said, even the average P&F episodes are better than most cartoons currently in production. At least in my opinion they are, so I still found it enjoyable.

I thought Phineas and Ferb's invention in this episode was pretty cool, I'd love to own a device that let me pass through walls. I also found the part where Doof destroys his own "Plan B" on purpose pretty funny, only he would do something like that.
    thewisecookiesheet
    thewisecookiesheet

Number of posts : 13
    Registration date : 2010-02-21

Post by thewisecookiesheet Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:22 am

eeemeee: Same here. I have been tempted to make one, but I lack the supplies. Razz

This has got to have one of my favorite Doof plots in it.

Not to mention I had locked my keys in my car earlier that week...

"And you may have destroyed Plan A, Perry the Platypus, but I bet you weren't expecting Plan B! *raises and explodes with the push of a button* Which I have now destroyed, so we're even. But even I'm not expecting Plan C!"

Greatest. Line. Ever.

~thewisecookiesheet
    PaFfanatic
    PaFfanatic

Number of posts : 136
    Registration date : 2009-08-01

Post by PaFfanatic Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:48 am

I think the Doof plot really sold me on this episode. In some episodes (dare I say it) the Doof/Perry plots are way more enjoyable than the PaF plots. It kind of seems to me like Dan and Swampy are running out of ideas with Phineas and Ferb or maybe just not developing the ideas so much, but the Doof plots are practically unlimited! But I did like the episode, it had a couple really funny moments. The Candace plot also got me laughing. "Mom? Can I get a pink streak in my hair?" "Why?" "To express my individuality. Everybody's doing it!" Very Happy
    thewisecookiesheet
    thewisecookiesheet

Number of posts : 13
    Registration date : 2010-02-21

Post by thewisecookiesheet Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:06 am

PaFfanatic wrote:The Candace plot also got me laughing. "Mom? Can I get a pink streak in my hair?" "Why?" "To express my individuality. Everybody's doing it!" Very Happy

I love it when they sneak in stuff like that, subtle, something that flies over younger kids head, but make you crack up. I've had to explain a few things to my 7th grade sister before. Sorry to her.

Also reminded me of the line from "Dude, We're Getting the Band Back Together."

"Now, no two people are like each other, So don't be a copy-cat looking like another. Unless of course you're copying me, 'cause that gives you individuality!"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 7:16 am