The Phineas and Ferb Community Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics

» Hihi - Introduce Yourself
Ain't No Kiddie Ride EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 11:49 pm by eeemeee

» FanFiction
Ain't No Kiddie Ride EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 8:01 am by Roy42

» Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension
Ain't No Kiddie Ride EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 10:15 pm by CoffeeFlavord

» (Fic) Snow Dungeon
Ain't No Kiddie Ride EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:46 am by CoffeeFlavord

» Perry/Doofenshmirtz
Ain't No Kiddie Ride EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:36 am by CoffeeFlavord

» Candace Disconnected
Ain't No Kiddie Ride EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 7:57 pm by CoffeeFlavord

» Where did everybody go?
Ain't No Kiddie Ride EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 5:26 am by Noellicorn

» Spongebob ?!?
Ain't No Kiddie Ride EmptyMon May 16, 2011 2:20 am by digigirl02

» Just A Quick Question
Ain't No Kiddie Ride EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 3:59 am by Roy42

+4
Ferbelle
TheFraggable74
ChimneyVator
Roy42
8 posters

Ain't No Kiddie Ride

Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Number of posts : 1351
    Registration date : 2009-03-01

Ain't No Kiddie Ride Empty Ain't No Kiddie Ride

Post by Roy42 Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:06 am

What? What do you mean 'those rides outside the conglomerate stores aren't fun'? Phineas and Ferb are going to trick out the ones outside the Super Duper Megastore just to prove how awesome they are. Here's hoping no one accidentally gets pulled along unwillingly for a ride in one. Meanwhile, Doofenblatz-what? Oh, right: Doofenstrudel-huh? Well, whoever that guy is, we'll all remember his name soon enough…

Share your thoughts on this episode.
    ChimneyVator
    ChimneyVator

Number of posts : 238
    Registration date : 2009-04-11

Ain't No Kiddie Ride Empty Re: Ain't No Kiddie Ride

Post by ChimneyVator Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:58 pm

I'm surprised by the lack of comment. Youtube's comments have worked into a frenzy over the "back-to-school clothes" line... this could be the first sign of the end of the series or (even worse!) shark-jumping. Or Linda could simply be preparing crazy early... what do you think?
    TheFraggable74
    TheFraggable74

Number of posts : 86
    Registration date : 2009-09-22

Post by TheFraggable74 Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:44 am

Well, it's still only season two. There's still a whole season left to go at least.

Now, as to why I haven't posted until now. Well, mostly because I know all I'd be doing is pointing out all the reasons why this episode is freaking awesome and now a candidate for my favorite. Not that it would be difficult, but I really don't need to say every joke in the entire episode. The episode was so good that there really wasn't anything that didn't make me laugh. Most hilarious would be the dollar scenes and the "Nostradamus was right" gag. Basically, this episode is a must see. Ferb-Snatchers was good too, but this episode is pretty much the definition of why Phineas and Ferb is the best, funniest, and wittiest cartoon since the earlier seasons of Spongebob. It's just THAT good.
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:57 am

I point to the final scene, wherein Baljeet's ironing board takes off instead of the ride, then the ride goes off as well, and proudly state that I remember when all cartoons were required to be that insane or they'd get shunned out of the room.

As with the Wii game No More Heroes, wacky insane plots and themes are now the exception rather than the rule, and it makes me sad.
    Ferbelle

Number of posts : 78
    Registration date : 2009-09-04

Post by Ferbelle Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:30 am

I'm getting so bored with the new episodes...SEASON 1 FTW
    thewisecookiesheet
    thewisecookiesheet

Number of posts : 13
    Registration date : 2010-02-21

Post by thewisecookiesheet Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:45 am

@ChimneyVator: Shark-Jumping?

I figured with the 'back to school clothes' is that the season is closing, and I feel we've been in Season 2 for a long time. I also believe that Disney understands this is one of their most highly favorited shows.. now, only if they would come out with merch...

And, with the random ironing board and cart going away on their own, I'm kinda up for that stuff, since it's just crazy random.

And I think TheFraggable74 summed it up pretty well.
    "but this episode is pretty much the definition of why Phineas and Ferb is the best, funniest, and wittiest cartoon since the earlier seasons of Spongebob. It's just THAT good."

I second that.

Not to mention the baby Phineas and Ferb in this episode. Too adorable! :3
    TheFraggable74
    TheFraggable74

Number of posts : 86
    Registration date : 2009-09-22

Post by TheFraggable74 Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:10 am

Basically, jumping the shark is when a good show, in an effort to gain popularity and interest that it has recently been losing, tries some outlandish plot or just does something completely spontaneous to the general plot or scheme to attract more viewers so that the show does not get cancelled. It usually ends up with the newer episodes being significantly less adored by the fans than before. However, it does keep the show going for a substantial period of time.

Recent example? The Fairly OddParents introducing Baby Poof.
    thewisecookiesheet
    thewisecookiesheet

Number of posts : 13
    Registration date : 2010-02-21

Post by thewisecookiesheet Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:17 am

Oh, okay. Thanks for clearning that up.

Great, that gives me something else to worry about for the series. >< Though, I don't think it will come to that soon, atleast. Or, it won't be too extreme.
    phinbellaforeva4
    phinbellaforeva4

Number of posts : 38
    Registration date : 2010-02-28

Post by phinbellaforeva4 Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:23 am

I want to see this episode SO BADLY! But sadly, I can't until:

1. Disney or Disney XD airs it on their channels
    OR:
    2. I wait until Easter to see it on Youtube. [It was such a mistake to give up Youtube for Lent.] I am so tempted.

This seems so good. Back to school clothes?! SAY IT ISN'T SO! And baby Phineas and Ferb? Oh, kill me now. With all these awesome reviews I have to FIGHT to not go on Youtube right now!
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:26 am

Recent example? The Fairly OddParents introducing Baby Poof.

Or the true example: Happy Days. In the third part of the episode "Hollywood", Fonzie waterskied over a shark to prove his bravery. After that, the show went for another 7 years.

As for my opinion on the back to school clothes…ah, that's right: It's a cartoon.

And Lauren, it feels like we've been in season 2 for a long time just because of how long a wait between episodes there's been. There were 44 episodes in season 1, and we haven't yet reached that in season 2.

I don't know why people are going on about this currently being season 3-oh wait, yes I do: They're idiots.
    phinbellaforeva4
    phinbellaforeva4

Post by phinbellaforeva4 Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:50 am

I wish Disney would have this thing that's like: ''A new episode every day in the second week of [insert month here.]'' or something like that, so we can start the much anticipated third season. Whatever, as long as it starts by this summer I'm okay.
    Giordano
    Giordano

Number of posts : 15
    Registration date : 2010-03-01

Post by Giordano Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:20 am

After reading how (traditionally) seasons worked, I thought the Ferburary - June season would be P+F's third...Wiki proved me wrong.

Though, I dunno. I can see the decline of the recent episodes compared to the last, but it's still going strong. The season finale and the Third Season's opening episode should bring it's glory back up top.

However, I cannot see a 4th season though. Then I will know they're pulling it too far; unfortunately this might be a reality considering it's Disney...I hope they do keep the strong independence Dan and Jeff have been having for the majority of the show's airtime.
    DjangoKatie
    DjangoKatie

Number of posts : 248
    Registration date : 2009-08-05

Post by DjangoKatie Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:34 am

Ferbelle wrote:I'm getting so bored with the new episodes...SEASON 1 FTW

Sorry, but I don't know what the heck FTW stands for?

This episode must have taken place towards the final week of summer vacation as Mom tells them to pick out their back to school clothes.

Great episode, BTW!!
    phinbellaforeva4
    phinbellaforeva4

Post by phinbellaforeva4 Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:10 am

@DjangoKatie FTW stands for 'for the world.' Wait, if it takes place in the last week of summer, how do we have new episodes coming up? Wouldn't that mean this would be the third to last episode or something? Or do you think they skipped to the end and then they will go back to the other weeks some other time?
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:22 am

New rule: No boring discussion about when in Summer episodes take place and how lines in episodes correlate to the timeline. Talk like that will not go anywhere and we're not a stupid Facebook group.

FTW: For The World, For The Win, Fuck The World.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 7:16 am