The Phineas and Ferb Community Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics

» Hihi - Introduce Yourself
Avatar Issues EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 11:49 pm by eeemeee

» FanFiction
Avatar Issues EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 8:01 am by Roy42

» Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension
Avatar Issues EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 10:15 pm by CoffeeFlavord

» (Fic) Snow Dungeon
Avatar Issues EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:46 am by CoffeeFlavord

» Perry/Doofenshmirtz
Avatar Issues EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:36 am by CoffeeFlavord

» Candace Disconnected
Avatar Issues EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 7:57 pm by CoffeeFlavord

» Where did everybody go?
Avatar Issues EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 5:26 am by Noellicorn

» Spongebob ?!?
Avatar Issues EmptyMon May 16, 2011 2:20 am by digigirl02

» Just A Quick Question
Avatar Issues EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 3:59 am by Roy42

3 posters

eeemeee
    eeemeee

Number of posts : 449
    Registration date : 2009-03-20

Avatar Issues Empty Avatar Issues

Post by eeemeee Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:13 am

Seems like there's been an issue lately with avatar sizing and such. Dunno if there's anything you can do to fix the issue, Roy, but I thought bringing it up might be at least helpful.

You see, back in the good old days when this forum was young and green, when one uploaded or linked to an avatar image, the forum would automatically size it properly so that avatar didn't spill over into one's post. This was extremely useful, awesome, convenient, and all manner of other positive adjectives.

But for some reason, the forum's stopped this automatic sizing thing. Now, avatars are showing up as the picture's true size, even if it spills into the post. (For example, look at DjangoKatie's current avatar.) This makes the posts really hard to read.

Now, I know that the forum didn't always do this because I just tried to change my avatar back to my old Perrychute standby (using the exact same image I'd used since the beginning of PaFCF time), and it spilled over into the posting area - which had never happened before.

So, I don't know if any settings changed or if you have any control over avatar formatting functions, Roy, but perhaps you could look into it? Would be much appreciated. I know we could all just format and upload our avatars like normal, not-lazy people... but that just seems like roasting marshmallows over the fire instead of trying to put it out. It'd be much better to just fix the problem, if it's at all fixable.

Until then, I'm stuck looking like Neerav. Razz
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Number of posts : 1351
    Registration date : 2009-03-01

Avatar Issues Empty Re: Avatar Issues

Post by Roy42 Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:39 am

Yes, I've noticed that as well. I don't recall having changed anything, but I'll look into what the problem could be regardless.
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Number of posts : 1351
    Registration date : 2009-03-01

Post by Roy42 Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:57 am

Okay, I've figured it out. Thankfully, Forumotion has pretty extensive support.

Basically, when you upload your avatar image, do not, and I repeat in uppercase, bold, italics, underlines and big, red font:

DO NOT CHOOSE "LINK TO AN OFF-SITE AVATAR"!

It's either Forumotion or the Invision template that handles the forum, but for whatever reason(s), when you select to link to an off-site avatar, it doesn't resize it. So let me make it clear on what to do: No matter what, even if your avatar image is on tinypic, photobucket or whatever else, when you upload your avatar, don't choose "Link to an off-site Avatar". Just say "Upload avatar from a URL" and it will work, resizing the pic to fit within the constraints. It's out of my hands to change it, but if you just follow that simple instruction, you'll be okay. If you want to make sure though, just save the image to your desktop and upload the avatar straight from your computer, in which case it will resize it as well.

Everyone clear on that now?
    eeemeee
    eeemeee

Number of posts : 449
    Registration date : 2009-03-20

Post by eeemeee Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:21 am

Thaaaaaank you. Much better. Very Happy
    DjangoKatie
    DjangoKatie

Number of posts : 248
    Registration date : 2009-08-05

Post by DjangoKatie Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:28 pm

I shall remember this for next time that I use the pbucket for avatar pics.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 3:56 am