The Phineas and Ferb Community Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics

» Hihi - Introduce Yourself
The Super Mega Ultimate Competition Of Awesometude! EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 11:49 pm by eeemeee

» FanFiction
The Super Mega Ultimate Competition Of Awesometude! EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 8:01 am by Roy42

» Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension
The Super Mega Ultimate Competition Of Awesometude! EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 10:15 pm by CoffeeFlavord

» (Fic) Snow Dungeon
The Super Mega Ultimate Competition Of Awesometude! EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:46 am by CoffeeFlavord

» Perry/Doofenshmirtz
The Super Mega Ultimate Competition Of Awesometude! EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:36 am by CoffeeFlavord

» Candace Disconnected
The Super Mega Ultimate Competition Of Awesometude! EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 7:57 pm by CoffeeFlavord

» Where did everybody go?
The Super Mega Ultimate Competition Of Awesometude! EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 5:26 am by Noellicorn

» Spongebob ?!?
The Super Mega Ultimate Competition Of Awesometude! EmptyMon May 16, 2011 2:20 am by digigirl02

» Just A Quick Question
The Super Mega Ultimate Competition Of Awesometude! EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 3:59 am by Roy42

2 posters

The Super Mega Ultimate Competition Of Awesometude!

Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Number of posts : 1351
    Registration date : 2009-03-01

The Super Mega Ultimate Competition Of Awesometude! Empty The Super Mega Ultimate Competition Of Awesometude!

Post by Roy42 Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:16 pm

So, for no particular reason, I'm holding a sort of mini-contest. It's really just cause I think it'll be a fun way to shake things up around here.

THE RULES

Very simple aim of the contest: If "Times Change" was a real book, I want you to draw the front cover (back optional). That's it; go.

I won't say anything that I'd personally like to see on there, because I don't want anyone in the contest to feel like they're forced to do any one particular thing.

You can submit any practice works into this thread if you want, but make sure you're done when you make your final submission by PM.

If you want an easy way to get your pic on the Internet, just use www.tinypic.com

THE TIME

You've got from now, the 29th of June, until a month from now at the end of July.

THE PRIZE

IT'S A NEW CAR! And by 'A NEW CAR' I, of course, mean you'll be getting to see a chapter of a brand new story that I haven't even mentioned on this site. Least, I'm pretty sure I never mentioned it on this site before. If not, you'll get to read a new chapter of one of my existing fanfics that won't get published for quite some time.

No, seriously, you will get to see a new chapter of a new story. Not like the last time I said that and no one got to see anything; it's for real this time.

THE CAPS LOCK

Makes it much easier to type those.

THE CLOSING STATEMENT

To make sure that the same thing that happened with my avatar mini-comp-thing doesn't happen this time, I'll say this.

Don't automatically count yourself out because you aren't Picasso. You don't have to be a Van Gogh just to even try at this; in fact, I'd prefer if you weren't like Van Gogh. We don't need suicidal depressives around here, much less post-impressionists.

You've got an entire month to try at this; please, even if you're terrible, give it a shot and try to have a bit of fun. It doesn't have to be Water Lilies to win. All you've gotta do is beat out everyone here; and remember, we don't have the greatest talent pool on this forum (no offense) so it shouldn't be that hard.

If you're also worried that I'll be as critical of your art as I am of every fanfiction in the universe, don't be. Because I am not a critic of visual art. I might be someday, but I'm not right now. I hardly have the time to go to my local gallery as a general twat, let alone judge it.

So, without any further ado, taking out all other distractions, no more things that could put it off and making sure that I don't dance around saying it at all, by getting straight to the point, not talking about something else all night…

GET TO IT!!!

Good luck, and have fun.

Last edited by Roy42 on Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:24 am; edited 1 time in total
    eeemeee
    eeemeee

Number of posts : 449
    Registration date : 2009-03-20

The Super Mega Ultimate Competition Of Awesometude! Empty Re: The Super Mega Ultimate Competition Of Awesometude!

Post by eeemeee Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:46 am

Hmph, I still say the avatar I made for you was brilliant. I mean, it had laser eyes. Razz

Anyways, I might have a go for kicks and giggles, if I have time/inspiration within the next few days, or from the 22nd to the 29th of July. I'm going to be away for most of next month (which I shall make a lovely post about on the absences/returns thread in a couple days or so.)
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Number of posts : 1351
    Registration date : 2009-03-01

The Super Mega Ultimate Competition Of Awesometude! Empty Re: The Super Mega Ultimate Competition Of Awesometude!

Post by Roy42 Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:49 pm

Aw, come on! Does no one even want to give it a shot? I mean, apart from nageM, but one person a contest does not make *hurk* Ooh, I shouldn't talk like Yoda ever again. Detrimental to my health.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 7:03 am