The Phineas and Ferb Community Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics

» Hihi - Introduce Yourself
Summer Belongs To You EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 11:49 pm by eeemeee

» FanFiction
Summer Belongs To You EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 8:01 am by Roy42

» Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension
Summer Belongs To You EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 10:15 pm by CoffeeFlavord

» (Fic) Snow Dungeon
Summer Belongs To You EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:46 am by CoffeeFlavord

» Perry/Doofenshmirtz
Summer Belongs To You EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:36 am by CoffeeFlavord

» Candace Disconnected
Summer Belongs To You EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 7:57 pm by CoffeeFlavord

» Where did everybody go?
Summer Belongs To You EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 5:26 am by Noellicorn

» Spongebob ?!?
Summer Belongs To You EmptyMon May 16, 2011 2:20 am by digigirl02

» Just A Quick Question
Summer Belongs To You EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 3:59 am by Roy42

+5
vincene
purplewowies
Darkest
DjangoKatie
Roy42
9 posters

Summer Belongs To You

Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Number of posts : 1351
    Registration date : 2009-03-01

Summer Belongs To You Empty Summer Belongs To You

Post by Roy42 Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:23 pm

It's an hour long, Phineas and Ferb Summer bonanza!

On the day of the Summer Solstice, Phineas and Ferb are determined to have the longest possible day. How long? Mmm, let's say… just under 40 hours. That doesn't sit well with Buford, who refuses to accept their theory of travelling around the world, super fast, as the sun does.

The bet: If Phineas and Ferb can't make their worldwide trip — stopping for refuelling in Tokyo and Paris — back to Danville before the sun sets on the same day, they will admit they are governed by the laws of physics and not make anything for the rest of Summer. If they win, Buford will give Phineas' bike back. In fact, he'll give everyone's bikes back. Also he'll eat a bug.

But, being fully in charge and responsible for their safety, Candace won't just sit back and…oh. Actually, she's perfectly content to sit back and watch. As long as they get to Paris in one piece; her relationship with Jeremy is under threat from French girls!

Meanwhile, the two more evil Doofenshmirtzes are on a vacation to Tokyo… Although, when Heinz brings Major Monogram along for an evil scheme involving a water balloon and the annual Good Guys' Convention, it's kinda hard to feel like a vacation. Perhaps she'll find transport out of the city; transport to Paris, where she had wanted to go for their vacation.

Of course, if that were to happen, Heinz would probably end up hitching a ride with the next person living being that had fast moving aerial transport to catch up and apologise.

With this being their longest adventure yet, Phineas and Ferb will need to pull out all the stops to make this the greatest, most romantic and edge-of-your-seat-but-then-you-realise-that-you-don't-have-great-balance-and-you-fall-off-hoping-no-one-saw thrilling day of Summer ever!

Share your thoughts on this episode.
    DjangoKatie
    DjangoKatie

Number of posts : 248
    Registration date : 2009-08-05

Summer Belongs To You Empty Re: Summer Belongs To You

Post by DjangoKatie Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:47 pm

This is, without a doubt, the best hour long special that Disney has ever created. To summarise, I'll divide my favourite bits into location stops.

Japan: Welcome to Tokyo - I just love the Caramelldansen video with extra Leek Girl Isabella. The song seemed rather short, though. Has anyone got this in Japanese?

France:The numerous times Isabella tries to make Phineas to notice her and get his thoughts off the silly bet he made with Buford. Also the blossoming relationship between Ferb and Vanessa. Check them out on the moped!

Island:Phineas finally losing his marbles and then building that slingshot paper plane from their map.

Danville:Phineas yelling at Candace the same way she yells at them. Title song was brilliant! Django danced with the other blonde Fireside girl. There could be some competition here if Katie would've found out what was going on!

One last thing - NANG monster - remind you of that caveman eating the carborettor?
    Darkest

Number of posts : 25
    Registration date : 2010-04-12

Post by Darkest Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:21 am

This was one of the best if not the best Phineas and Ferb episodes ever! Klimpaloon made me laugh so hard and so did the Caramelldansen...although I admit I have clue what Leek Girl is.
    DjangoKatie
    DjangoKatie

Post by DjangoKatie Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:23 pm

Leek Girl supposedly comes from the Bleach animé series, though I haven't actually seen the actual footage. This is from the P&F wiki page.
    purplewowies
    purplewowies

Number of posts : 26
    Registration date : 2009-05-28

Post by purplewowies Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:46 pm

This is what "Leek Girl" is:

vincene
    vincene

Number of posts : 3
    Registration date : 2010-08-30

Post by vincene Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:17 am

This was the best episode ever!
    PaFfanatic
    PaFfanatic

Number of posts : 136
    Registration date : 2009-08-01

Post by PaFfanatic Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:26 am

Wow. It's hard to describe something so epic, but I'll sure try.

The episode was really well written. The jokes were, as always, hilarious. You know, the one thing that I love about Phineas and Ferb is that the jokes are always deliver hearty laughs, whether you've seen the episode 2 times or 200 times. This was definitely the case. Usually here, I'll put my favorite joke, but I wouldn't even know where to start.

And then there's the songs. I'd have to say that out of all the PaF specials, SBtY has the best songs. My personal favorites? Rubber Bands, Rubber Balls (who doesn't love a good Baliwood song?) and Summer Belongs to You (Meaningful lyrics, catchy tune, what more could you want, really?), but I loved all the songs. Believe me when I say they have been stuck in my head continuously for the past month Smile

More detailed review to come...

Last edited by PaFfanatic on Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Maniaxe

Number of posts : 1
    Registration date : 2010-09-08

Post by Maniaxe Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:57 am

Everybody else has said what I would say about the main content of this episode, so I will limit myself to a smaller part.

So it seems Gretchen is not second in command of the Fireside girls anymore? I can understand this.

Tell me, is someone who panics at the sight of a giant mole, flying throught the air in an engine-less van, and while floating in a bubble down to pointy public art the kind of person who should be XO of a dynamic organization like the FGs? And that's not counting the seasickness.

Lets compare her to Adysson. She's driven and ambitious (previous holder of the record for most pacthes won in a single day) athletic (seen dragging Gretchen up a mountainside by herself), tough and take charge (as seen in this episode) and can keep celebrity guests in line (also this episode). Plus there's the fact that, next to Isabella, she's the only FG we know the last name of (which counts for something).

I say kudos the the Fireside girls for this decision.
    DjangoKatie
    DjangoKatie

Post by DjangoKatie Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:35 pm

So it seems Gretchen is not second in command of the Fireside girls anymore? I can understand this.

Personally, I think Isabella just chose Adyson at random; that doesn't mean she has become the new second in command. She could've chosen any Fireside Girl (maybe not Katie yet, but she may throw this curve ball in the future).
    Shwoo
    Shwoo

Number of posts : 21
    Registration date : 2010-09-02

Post by Shwoo Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:00 am

I think I might be the only one who thought Isabella was being selfish on the island. Her crush and good friend is having an emotional breakdown, and all she can think of to do is complain about how her unrealistic expectations weren't met earlier in the episode?

I can understand her expecting that Phineas, who's never returned her feelings before and is in a hurry, would magically turn their trip into a romantic date just because they were in Paris, since she's young and infatuated, but maybe there were better times to complain about it? I'm glad she got over it.

I really did like the special, though. Especially the scenes with Doofenshmirtz and Vanessa. And the song at the end, that was great. I wish Perry had been in it more; he hasn't done much in either of the specials so far; but at least he'll be in the movie.
    ZMarchewa

Number of posts : 12
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Post by ZMarchewa Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:43 pm

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 1:05 pm