The Phineas and Ferb Community Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics

» Hihi - Introduce Yourself
At Last!/Phineas and Ferb Get Busted! EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 11:49 pm by eeemeee

» FanFiction
At Last!/Phineas and Ferb Get Busted! EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 8:01 am by Roy42

» Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension
At Last!/Phineas and Ferb Get Busted! EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 10:15 pm by CoffeeFlavord

» (Fic) Snow Dungeon
At Last!/Phineas and Ferb Get Busted! EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:46 am by CoffeeFlavord

» Perry/Doofenshmirtz
At Last!/Phineas and Ferb Get Busted! EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:36 am by CoffeeFlavord

» Candace Disconnected
At Last!/Phineas and Ferb Get Busted! EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 7:57 pm by CoffeeFlavord

» Where did everybody go?
At Last!/Phineas and Ferb Get Busted! EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 5:26 am by Noellicorn

» Spongebob ?!?
At Last!/Phineas and Ferb Get Busted! EmptyMon May 16, 2011 2:20 am by digigirl02

» Just A Quick Question
At Last!/Phineas and Ferb Get Busted! EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 3:59 am by Roy42

+9
ChimneyVator
Experiment630
phineasavatar1
IamThePlatypus
BigNeerav
Hatchling
tiggertine
eeemeee
Roy42
13 posters

At Last!/Phineas and Ferb Get Busted!

Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Number of posts : 1351
    Registration date : 2009-03-01

At Last!/Phineas and Ferb Get Busted! Empty At Last!/Phineas and Ferb Get Busted!

Post by Roy42 Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:56 am

Candace has finally busted her brothers, and they are being sent away to a reformatory school to stamp out their imagination! But just how long can Candace enjoy her summer without her usual routine, her family? And speaking of usual routine, where is Perry?

Share your thoughts on this episode.

Description copied from TV.com
    eeemeee
    eeemeee

Number of posts : 449
    Registration date : 2009-03-20

At Last!/Phineas and Ferb Get Busted! Empty Re: At Last!/Phineas and Ferb Get Busted!

Post by eeemeee Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:52 am

Guess it's all the better that I never posted on Season 2 ep discussion threads back on TV.com, now I can help start them off here.

Well, even though I already knew how this episode went, I remember I was really nervous when it first began playing. I was waiting for that moment when Mom'd see what they'd built and get angry... it was sort of suspenseful. (Perhaps that's why they renamed it from "At Last!"- so people would be expecting the busting and feel like that.)

Seeing Mom yell at them, and the pathetic little, "Hey, F-f-f-f-f-f..." from Phineas after they were sprayed with water was just sad.

But then I loved the scene showing Phineas, Ferb, and Candace when they were young... they were so cute. Especially Ferb with his little British flag. And that song is so sweet, along with the picture of Candace hugging them... reminds me of my own little brothers, hehe.

"Donchu you eyeball me!"
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

At Last!/Phineas and Ferb Get Busted! Empty Re: At Last!/Phineas and Ferb Get Busted!

Post by Roy42 Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:44 am

It's actually the season 1 finale (and I will jam a fork in the eyes of anyone who says different, along with suspend them), but anyway.

I too found the song to be the most heartwarming thing possible, in any other show, they would have just had a music but no lyrics montage, or a single flashback, but it was nice, like in the episode of The Simpsons where Bart and Lisa vs each other in hockey but then remember all of their fun together.

Obviously it didn't pull my heartstrings, but it definitely got through to my brain, rather than get stopped by the ear and eye patrol, so the flashback gets points.

Also, does anyone else think the show, or at least episode, should have been rated PG, on account of clearly showing a guy fall off a cliff?
    tiggertine
    tiggertine

Number of posts : 456

Post by tiggertine Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:50 am

Hm, what did it get, a TV-Y rating? Yeah, that cliff scene might have boosted it to a TV-Y7, although it didn't show any graphicness.
    Hatchling

Number of posts : 16

Post by Hatchling Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:55 am

About the rating, it kinda reminds me of Homecoming, but that's off topic. Anyways, I loved it, but the deus ex machina annoyed me.
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:58 am

Bah, more strange American rating business. Well, I think that it doesn't matter anyway. The further into the future we get, the more little kids are desensitised to violence and crude humour, proven when I met a 9 and 11 year old pair of kids who actually were allowed to watch Family Guy, my point is that the stuff they can get away with is actually quite a lot, so it's not too surprising, I guess, that they were able to put in the idea that the Sarge got killed.
    tiggertine
    tiggertine

Post by tiggertine Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:02 am

Well, nobody even got killed. It was all a dream, so....I guess imaginary deaths don't count. xD
    eeemeee
    eeemeee

Post by eeemeee Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:04 am

Roy42 wrote:It's actually the season 1 finale (and I will jam a fork in the eyes of anyone who says different, along with suspend them), but anyway.

Hehe... right. More of my amazing memory capacity right there, folks. Embarassed

About the song, yeah, every time I hear it, I have to go hug my own little brothers... and wonder what I'd do without them... and then remind one of them that he owes Tiggertine his pancreas, but anyways...

About the cliff scene, yeah, I think because it was a dream in the end, they didn't think it was that bad. Besides, Doofy can explode on a firecracker and fall from the sky onto pavement and still be fine, so kids can assume that Sarge has the same kind of resilience.
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:33 am

tiggertine wrote:Hm, what did it get, a TV-Y rating? Yeah, that cliff scene might have boosted it to a TV-Y7, although it didn't show any graphicness.

You would think I'd have looked into America's rating system by now, oh well.

Hatchling wrote:About the rating, it kinda reminds me of Homecoming, but that's off topic. Anyways, I loved it, but the deus ex machina annoyed me.

Yeah, I remember you saying something about it on TV.com, too. It irritated me as well, kind of a bitch slap to the audience, huh?
    eeemeee
    eeemeee

Post by eeemeee Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:58 am

Pfft, I don't understand America's rating system either, and I live there, so...

Anyways, I know the double dream sequence annoyed a few people, but just think of how it would've been without it. First of all, if that had ever actually really happened to Phineas and Ferb, it would be sad, very very sad (not to mention ruin the show.) Also, if it hadn't all been Perry's dream, then Candace would've felt guilty when busting them because of that dream in all future episodes.

So, really, it was the only way they could show us something so radical, without ruining the show.
    Hatchling

Number of posts : 16

Post by Hatchling Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:47 am

Or, more specifically the formula. Seriously, whatever the show will do without the formula? :/
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:36 am

I would answer that, but it is off topic.

I also liked how the drill sergeant asked "Whatcha doin'?"
    eeemeee
    eeemeee

Post by eeemeee Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:50 am

I liked how he went up to Ferb and yelled, "Don't you eyeball me!" Very Happy
    BigNeerav

Number of posts : 699

Post by BigNeerav Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:41 am

eeemeee wrote:Guess it's all the better that I never posted on Season 2 ep discussion threads back on TV.com, now I can help start them off here.

Well, even though I already knew how this episode went, I remember I was really nervous when it first began playing. I was waiting for that moment when Mom'd see what they'd built and get angry... it was sort of suspenseful. (Perhaps that's why they renamed it from "At Last!"- so people would be expecting the busting and feel like that.)

Seeing Mom yell at them, and the pathetic little, "Hey, F-f-f-f-f-f..." from Phineas after they were sprayed with water was just sad.

But then I loved the scene showing Phineas, Ferb, and Candace when they were young... they were so cute. Especially Ferb with his little British flag. And that song is so sweet, along with the picture of Candace hugging them... reminds me of my own little brothers, hehe.

"Donchu you eyeball me!"
    I like the song "Little Brothers" alot......it still makes me sad every time I watch it.
    IamThePlatypus
    IamThePlatypus

Number of posts : 232
    Registration date : 2009-04-06

Post by IamThePlatypus Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:27 pm

Aw, this is totally my favorite episode, it's got such emotion attached to it. When I saw how sad the boys were at Smile-Away (like in the song "Got these Chains - awesome song!), I was kept saying "Awwww" over and over and over again. I agree the part where Phineas couldn't even say Hey Ferb! I was like, "Nooooooooooooo!" XD The Little Brothers song is also sooo sweet, and it was nice to finally get an age range for when the two families came together - though it's hard to tell exactly what age that is, it shows it's obviously been more than just a couple of years since the Flynn-Fletcher family formed.

I actually like the double-dream sequence, maybe just because I really love Perry and to see at the end how much he really loves the Flynn-Fletcher family really warmed my heart - I huggled my Perry the Platypus plushie after I saw it - soooooo cute!

Anyway, I could go on for quite some time about this ep, but suffice it to say for now this one totally wins in my opinion for best episode thus far.
    phineasavatar1
    phineasavatar1

Number of posts : 126
    Registration date : 2009-04-07

Post by phineasavatar1 Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:07 am

This was a very well written episode. Favorite song from it: Got These Chains!
    IamThePlatypus
    IamThePlatypus

Post by IamThePlatypus Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:54 am

I LOVE that song! It's so catchy (and sad!!!)
    phineasavatar1
    phineasavatar1

Number of posts : 126
    Registration date : 2009-04-07

Post by phineasavatar1 Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:24 pm

Yeah! And that voice it just perfect for it.
    BigNeerav

Number of posts : 699

Post by BigNeerav Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:56 am

I genuinely enjoyed this episode a lot.......I think it was one of the best episodes so far. I think it was very well made. I wish the rest of the episodes of "Phineas and Ferb" are hopefully as good as this one, but we'll see.
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:34 am

I still don't play favorites, but it falls into the top tier, as it's a half hour episode that throws the kids out of their element.
    tiggertine
    tiggertine

Post by tiggertine Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:36 am

This episode has to be one of my favorites....well, I do like all of them, especially the half-hour ones, but this one really pulled on my heartstrings. The songs, the everything.
    Experiment630
    Experiment630

Number of posts : 21
    Registration date : 2009-04-13

Post by Experiment630 Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:47 am

The episode left me sad and quite thoughtful. Everybody has someone that they wish would go away, but after thinking about it, you would be miserable without them. Kinda like how Candace was in the episode.

I actually started to cry during "Little Brothers" (Yeah, I'm a crybaby). I also felt sorry for Phineas when he couldn't even finish saying his own step-bro's name. "Hey F-f-f-f-f-f-f..."

I was tapping my toes to the beat of that funky rhythm Phineas and Ferb were playing while washing the bathroom.
    IamThePlatypus
    IamThePlatypus

Post by IamThePlatypus Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:30 am

Experiment630 wrote:I was tapping my toes to the beat of that funky rhythm Phineas and Ferb were playing while washing the bathroom.

I thought it had more of a free-form Jazz vibe.

Razz
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:37 am

No, 630 is right, it was a little funky.
    tiggertine
    tiggertine

Post by tiggertine Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:04 pm

I guess I'm the only one who didn't cry over Little Brothers....which was still incredibly ooc for me. Maybe if I watch the ep again....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 2:47 pm