The Phineas and Ferb Community Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics

» Hihi - Introduce Yourself
FanArt - Page 9 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 11:49 pm by eeemeee

» FanFiction
FanArt - Page 9 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 8:01 am by Roy42

» Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension
FanArt - Page 9 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 10:15 pm by CoffeeFlavord

» (Fic) Snow Dungeon
FanArt - Page 9 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:46 am by CoffeeFlavord

» Perry/Doofenshmirtz
FanArt - Page 9 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:36 am by CoffeeFlavord

» Candace Disconnected
FanArt - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 7:57 pm by CoffeeFlavord

» Where did everybody go?
FanArt - Page 9 EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 5:26 am by Noellicorn

» Spongebob ?!?
FanArt - Page 9 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 2:20 am by digigirl02

» Just A Quick Question
FanArt - Page 9 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 3:59 am by Roy42

+22
PaFfanatic
Achidanza
Keepmanhunt
Ferbelle
Crowfeather
PhineasFerbTones
DjangoKatie
TheFraggable74
ZMarchewa
phineasfletcher
ChatterBox
LillyCrystal
Livyrosebud
Laughingcheese:)
eeemeee
BigNeerav
ChimneyVator
phineasavatar1
IamThePlatypus
Experiment630
tiggertine
Roy42
26 posters

FanArt

Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Number of posts : 1351
    Registration date : 2009-03-01

FanArt - Page 9 Empty FanArt

Post by Roy42 Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:38 am

First topic message reminder :

Absolutely anyone can draw. It doesn't necessarily mean that you'll be good, but at least on the internet you can choose whether or not to even get feedback on your fanart. Of course there's only one place where absolutely any stupid drawings of Phineas and Ferb are accepted…

deviantART search results: Phineas and Ferb

Drawn something you think is great?

Found a stupid drawing elsewhere on the internet?

Want to supply a third question related to fanart instead of this question?

Here's where to answer and discuss those questions!

Last edited by Roy42 on Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

Crowfeather

Number of posts : 217
    Registration date : 2009-07-06

FanArt - Page 9 Empty Re: FanArt

Post by Crowfeather Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:32 am

Oh, wow. That's pretty good!
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:10 am

Her eyes are narrow and pointed enough at the ends that combined with her hands, I find myself fearful that the witch will reach out at me and claw my face off.
    Crowfeather
    Crowfeather

Post by Crowfeather Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:56 pm

That's wonderful, Roy.

Well, this is a knock-off of the knock-off of the drawing of Phineas and Ferb as doggies. I just had to draw Ferb. He's so darn cute!

Note: Done in Paint

FanArt - Page 9 2yls509
    Ferbelle

Number of posts : 78
    Registration date : 2009-09-04

Post by Ferbelle Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:16 pm

That is adorable! where can i adopt a Ferb puppy?
    Crowfeather
    Crowfeather

Post by Crowfeather Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:46 pm

No idea! But if I find a such a place, you'll be the first 1 I tell! Eeep! Ferb puppy!
    Achidanza
    Achidanza

Number of posts : 30
    Registration date : 2009-12-17

Post by Achidanza Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:29 pm

I'll post my idiotic quick drawings here on the off chance someone will actually want to see them.

I'm posting them as links so I don't stretch the page or cause trouble for anyone with slow internet.

I apologize in advance if they don't look enough like the characters. Apart from the one of Doofenshmirtz, the characters are meant to look older (because it's scary when I try to draw kids).

Dr. D
    I can never draw Perry.

Dot dot dot.

Due to the comment Candace made about there being a possibility of Isabella marrying Ferb in the future, I can see Isabella and Ferb having frequent awkward moments when they're older. Well, awkward for Isabella anyway.

Ferrrrb

I just wanted to draw his nose. That's the only excuse I have for this picture.

Edit: I also wanted to mention that the Ferb dog is adorable. I hate dogs in general but would be able to resist the urge to kick that one. Probably.
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:57 pm

I'm actually much more partial to stylised fanart of TV shows than people recreating the exact thing as they've seen on a few online tutorials or whatever;(aware of the hypocrisy) that's why unless the character is incredibly good looking (in which case it will be a female, and the criteria of 'good looking' will have been set specifically by saddened nerds) you'll see the majority of fanart going for different views on the characters, like older versions/anime versions/little body-big head versions/human versions/animal versions/etc. versions instead of the actual characters, save for a baby's handful of fandoms in which replicating the characters to near perfection is still enjoyable.

I think the use of one colour in the second one was spectacular; the lack of a black outline in the first was nice, as it reminded me of a select few incredible cartoons, and Ferb's mouth in the third one was just plain…adjective.

What were you using to draw them? If digital software, what program?
    Achidanza
    Achidanza

Post by Achidanza Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:43 pm

When I draw PaF stuff I try to give each character traits from their original designs, if only to make them more recognizable (and okay, it makes me happy inside to draw Phineas's nose ridiculously pointy). And yeah, I know how fanart works within various fandoms, the turnout is always very similar. It's always nice to see a diversity of styles.

Thanks for telling me what you thought of them!

I used a tablet and a paint program called SAI, it's simple but effective.
    ChatterBox
    ChatterBox

Number of posts : 327
    Registration date : 2009-08-02

Post by ChatterBox Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:05 pm

Aah, yes, wanting to draw Ferb's nose is a very good reason to draw Ferb. They pictures are great; makes me wish I ahd that kind of talent! Razz

By the way, I learned my lesson: never search for P+F rule 34 stuff EVER again... in fact don't search rule 34 art/fanfiction EVER (this is a tough one for me).

Scariest stuff I have ever seen. *shudders*
    Achidanza
    Achidanza

Post by Achidanza Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:23 pm

It's not really talent so much as drawing regularly for years. One slowly gets better.

I find rule 34 art scary when it's drawn in the same style as the cartoon (this goes for other cartoons as well), but mostly I get a laugh over it.
    ChatterBox
    ChatterBox

Number of posts : 327
    Registration date : 2009-08-02

Post by ChatterBox Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:30 pm

I was laughing too... that is until a PerryxLindaxFerbxBuford popped up. O_O

Drawing regualrly? *pulls out pencil and paper* Of course!

EDIT: After crawling around on dA, eh...:

Doo-bee, Doo-bee, Doo-bah!
    KLCI
    KLCI

Registration date : 2009-11-14

Post by KLCI Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:29 am

Ah yes, every fandom seems to have it's odd fans and P&F is certainly no exception. Rule 34 is indeed full of all kinds of creepy weirdness, as is DA to a much lesser extent. The guy in Chatterbox's last link titled "WTF?" disturbs the crap out of me. Seriously, I don't have kids, but if I did, I wouldn't want them to go within a few hundred feet of that guy.

Anyway, I was thinking of trying my hand at fan art myself, but my drawing skills as of now are horrible. I know lots of practice is pretty much the biggest aspect of learning how to draw, but does anyone have any suggestions on how to start? I was thinking of just looking at a picture of what I'm trying to draw and copying it to the best of my ability. Any other suggestions for a novice fan artist?
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:47 am

I'm going to put this in the biggest font that this forum can safely accept:

No Rule 34

I want users here to be able to act with some level of maturity, and every time someone even brings it up, you succumb to the idiocy that plagues social networking sites (which includes YouTube, as it's technically a social networking site as well) and the Internet in general.

Yes, harharhar, Rule 34 invariably applies to PaF, as if that wasn't obvious by the definition of the rule. You can be aware of it on your own, without posting about it here, you can willingly choose to look for visual representations of Rule 34 on your own, without posting links here as well.

The Phineas and Ferb Community Forum's Rule 42: No Rule 34 of the Internet

And as with every other rule on this forum: You break it, you're finished.
    Crowfeather
    Crowfeather

Post by Crowfeather Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:49 am

Some stupid hacker has been hacking into my friends' and my deviantART account and closing them. It's getting really annoying.

Link to new deviantART account.
    http://linds-a.deviantart.com/
    Achidanza
    Achidanza

Post by Achidanza Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:59 am

I was thinking of just looking at a picture of what I'm trying to draw and copying it to the best of my ability. Any other suggestions for a novice fan artist?

(I don't consider myself an artist so I feel awkward giving advice, but here goes nothing.)

That, along with tracing, seem to be the way most people start out. A lot of very good artists tend to use references when they draw (for example, finding a picture of someone in a similar pose to the one they want to draw, or asking someone to pose that way in real life), just to have a basic guideline for what things should look like. This method is especially useful if you're attempting to add any sort of angled perspective to the drawing.

Some other advice is to try drawing the same character in several different styles. Sticking to one style when you're a beginner often proves to be crippling later on.

To avoid the appearence of possibly straying off-topic, here's an example of me using references (not for the poses but for the character designs since I don't have Vanessa or Jeremy memorized).

FanArt - Page 9 24g6ono
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:04 am

Do not try and draw something, especially people, right from the start. If you want to draw someone in a pose, then draw the pose first, not the person. Use simple shapes to get the idea of what you want the final image to look like. I think I might post an example later if I can be bothered.
    Achidanza
    Achidanza

Post by Achidanza Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:32 am

Listen to Roy, as that was good advice.
    Sometimes instead of a wire figure sketch I just draw a silhouette first, which is somehow more useful to me.

Try not to spend a lot of time on this first sketch though, it's meant to be quick and basic.
    KLCI
    KLCI

Registration date : 2009-11-14

Post by KLCI Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:11 am

Thanks for the advice Achidanza and Roy. I'll try drawing the basic shapes and poses first.
    Darkest

Number of posts : 25
    Registration date : 2010-04-12

Post by Darkest Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:03 pm

I found this picture on DeviantART

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/083/7/4/Beware___the_dark_by_Ozzito.jpg

scared me to death, especially because I had read the story first and it was midnight. I'm not sure if I should post the story here or not (as it contains some material inappropriate to some). The picture is safe to look at but the story is pretty hard core. I will give the title though: Isabella Snaps_Halloween Fic

Read at your own risk, you should be 18, and be warned: You may not be able to ever see the show the same way again.
    Shwoo
    Shwoo

Number of posts : 21
    Registration date : 2010-09-02

Post by Shwoo Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:01 pm

I'm not really much of an artist, but lately I've been practising a lot more. Here's the drawings I've put on deviantART:

Human Perryx2. A design for Perry, both on and off duty. It's not as detailed as I'd like, and I drew it before I spent that entire week practising hands. Also, I go on and on about the fanfic it's for in the artist's comments.

Time Paradox. Kid Doofenshmirtz hugs Perry. From a fanfic I wrote. The pose is really stiff, but oh well.

Perrys. A bunch of Perrys that I copied off screenshots to practice with my tablet. Put it up on a whim on a Saturday night, checked my messages on Sunday morning, and found that fourteen people had faved it overnight. (shrugs)

I also like drawing Perry's face on everything. I drew a hatless Perry and wrote "Perry! I thought I told the boys to keep you out of my notebook!" next to it, then drew an Agent P, wrote "A biro drawing?", added in his hat, and wrote "Perry the biro drawing?!" I found this all very amusing because I'm pathetic.
    Shwoo
    Shwoo

Number of posts : 21
    Registration date : 2010-09-02

Post by Shwoo Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:44 am

Heeheeeheeeheee...

It's Candace rushing to bust Phineas and Ferb using the existence of human Perry. Her head is too big, but oh well.
    tlegg

Number of posts : 10
    Registration date : 2010-08-16

Post by tlegg Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:54 pm

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 4:58 am