The Phineas and Ferb Community Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics

» Hihi - Introduce Yourself
The In-Joke Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 11:49 pm by eeemeee

» FanFiction
The In-Joke Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 8:01 am by Roy42

» Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension
The In-Joke Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 10:15 pm by CoffeeFlavord

» (Fic) Snow Dungeon
The In-Joke Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:46 am by CoffeeFlavord

» Perry/Doofenshmirtz
The In-Joke Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:36 am by CoffeeFlavord

» Candace Disconnected
The In-Joke Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 7:57 pm by CoffeeFlavord

» Where did everybody go?
The In-Joke Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 5:26 am by Noellicorn

» Spongebob ?!?
The In-Joke Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 2:20 am by digigirl02

» Just A Quick Question
The In-Joke Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 3:59 am by Roy42

+2
Livyrosebud
eeemeee
6 posters

The In-Joke Thread

eeemeee
    eeemeee

Number of posts : 449
    Registration date : 2009-03-20

The In-Joke Thread - Page 2 Empty The In-Joke Thread

Post by eeemeee Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:04 pm

First topic message reminder :

Okay, so I thought this thread could serve two purposes.

First, it could give us all a little chuckle, and chuckling is always nice.

Second, it could give those of us who haven't been running with the pack as long as the rest of us (*glances at ITP and ChimneyVator) a chance to learn and understand some of our in-jokes, so when they come up (I mean, c'mon, they're likely to come up every now and again Very Happy) they know what we're actually talking about. Wink

Only rule is that at least one person on the forum has to understand what the in-joke means. Got it? Good.

I'll start off with an old one:

CRASS!

eeemeee

The In-Joke Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The In-Joke Thread

Post by eeemeee Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:44 am

*sneaks up behind everybody and smashes some sort of pastry in their face*

Hey ITP and CV, if you have absolutely no clue what we're talking about, you can ask, y'know. That's part of what this thread is for...
    tiggertine
    tiggertine

Number of posts : 456

Post by tiggertine Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:07 pm

Frankly, I think they're a bit frightened. xD
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Number of posts : 1351
    Registration date : 2009-03-01

Post by Roy42 Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:12 pm

Well they might not be if people actually explained what the "in-joke" was, not just saying it.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:51 am

Hmm good point. Mind you a lot of them like 'crass' are just for fun and don't really mean much.
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:15 am

But still require reference for this to be a thread with meaning, at this point I still haven't had the pros outweigh the cons of leaving this thread open.
    eeemeee
    eeemeee

Post by eeemeee Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:02 am

YOU WANT-

Oops, excuse me, my caps lock was still on from the Banning Thread. Embarassed

Ahem- you want explanations, I'll give you explanations!

Okay, so, CV, ITP, and E630 (who I realized I forgot to include in my last post, sorry about that!), here are the explanations of the currently posted in-jokes:

Crass: This one just came about because back at TV.com, for some reason we all began repeatedly using the word "crass", unintentionally at first. Then, when we noticed how much we were saying it, it became a sort of joke. "Crass... *giggles*..." That sort of thing. Very Happy Follow that link I posted if you want an example.

Enitreggit: Like Livy said, spell it backwards, and you get the person to whom this alias belongs... if I remember correctly, it came from one of the old meetings we used to have in the chatroom. She signed in as "enitreggit", and, I think, was pretending to be me until I arrived. Smile

Because It's Fun™️: "Because It's Fun" is a story on FanFiction.net written by Roy. (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4664455/1/Because_Its_Fun) Putting the trademark or copyright symbol after the title, or simply when using the expression "because it's fun", is something we all began doing when Roy jokingly claimed that we couldn't use it anymore because it was copyrighted to him.

Circus Seal: Once, when Roy was giving a story one of his famously scathing reviews, he compared the author of the story to a circus seal, which is where this came from.

Brain Ninja Slayer: One of Roy's other names, along with "Heartless Beast" and various other strange things. Think you can find them here.

Cool accents thing: Both Tiggertine and I would much rather have cool British or Australian accents than our boring old American ones, a thing which a certain Australian enjoys rubbing in our faces... Razz

Bright, flashing, seizure-inducing avatars: They are Tiggertine's specialty, as I'm sure you can tell from her current avatar. She is not the Queen of Seizuretiems for nothing.

New Zeland: Already explained that one...

PAFUSSFM: I don't know what that one means either, so I can't exactly explain it.
    Neutral

Asterixes thing: This, I think, actually originated on this forum, in the "Build A Story" thread. While I was writing out the story, and Roy was supplying the plot, non-story communication was basically done between asterixes, and it went to the point of most of what we were actually trying to say being part of the "asterix tag", leaving the space between them a bit redundant. You can see this for yourself, if you want, the thread's around here somewhere.

42: The Band: Tiggertine already elaborated on this band's members. Basically, it's the most epic band in existence. Very Happy And they'll be performing on Australian Idol, of course, because American Idol can't handle it's awesomeness.

My name: (technically this has been said, because Tig called me "skfkjskvl" in the 42: The Band explanation) Once, long ago, I said something along the lines of "you can call me whatever you want." While people still usually call me eeemeee (or Nagem, as has been the case with Roy recently), technically I will respond to a mess of jumbled letters. Post where I said that's in here: http://www.tv.com/phineas-and-ferb/show/69897/phineas-and-ferb-banning-game/topic/84395-1165284/msgs.html

Bradley and Delici: They are two superheroes, and they are also half-cheesecake, half-human. More technically, they are half-chocolate chip cookie dough cheesekcake, half-Tiggertine. That's all you really need to know. Very Happy

10th Fleet: I'm actually not positive on this one... but I think it's from PA and Neerav's long blather about Star Wars that they once had in the chat. I wouldn't really know, as I completely ignored that bit for the most part....

Throwing Against Wall: Throwing things (including yourself) is something many people will do while in the chat. Why? Because throwing stuff is awesome, of course!

*Sits In Corner to Promote...*: This is what happens when certain people in the chat decide to start impromptu wars or other silly, violent things. All us pacifists go sit in the corner. Smile

*Replaces _____*: One of Roy's duties in the chatroom is to replace anything that has been thrown. So, if Atomius throws himself (or one of his clones, I'm pretty sure he has a few) against the wall, Roy must replace him.

*sneaks up behind everybody and smashes ____*: My customary way of letting everybody know I'm back after I've left a chat or IM for a while.

And.... there you have it. And now, after all that, I shall spontaneously combust.

*spontaneously combusts*

Spontaneous Combustion: This is both one of Tiggertine's other names, and also something I do whenever the chatroom gets a too quiet.
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:53 am

I'm only calling you nageM/Nagem because of the enitreggit thing. Also because knowing who people are adds to my superiority.

Second, of all things, you spelt New Zealad wrong, you said "Zeland", for all we know that could be off the East coast of Autralia or something.

As I recall, I do not like people using the word "crass" constantly and I will thank you now to not bring it up too often.

My circus seal only became infamous when it began to strike unknowingly in my actual stories.

I only replace things to be annoying that anything people didn't like that they threw against the wall was being constantly supplied.

Ahem, I believe you used "Because It's Fun" 3 times in there and only ™️ed one of the uses………
    eeemeee
    eeemeee

Post by eeemeee Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:14 am

Roy42 wrote:I'm only calling you nageM/Nagem because of the enitreggit thing. Also because knowing who people are adds to my superiority.

Pfft, anybody can know my first name, there are a kazillion of us anyways. tongue

Roy42 wrote:Second, of all things, you spelt New Zealad wrong, you said "Zeland", for all we know that could be off the East coast of Autralia or something.

Ugh... sorry, was typing fast.

Roy42 wrote:As I recall, I do not like people using the word "crass" constantly and I will thank you now to not bring it up too often.

... forgot about that, sorry.

Roy42 wrote:My circus seal only became infamous when it began to strike unknowingly in my actual stories.

It's still the most awesome thing ever written in a review. Very Happy

Roy42 wrote:I only replace things to be annoying that anything people didn't like that they threw against the wall was being constantly supplied.

Oh... so what if we threw it against the floor? Would that make a difference? tongue

Roy42 wrote:Ahem, I believe you used "Because It's Fun" 3 times in there and only ™️ed one of the uses………

That's because I didn't want to use the joke while I was explaining the joke... it would've got confusing.
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:19 pm

eeemeee wrote:

Roy42 wrote:My circus seal only became infamous when it began to strike unknowingly in my actual stories.

It's still the most awesome thing ever written in a review. Very Happy

Seriously?! You have got to watch Zero Punctuation, circus seal in anything I write is the equivalent of (taking the most used one, but there's many) triple cunted hooker in his reviews, as when I would generally only bring circus seal into things when someone is exceedingly stupid (most of the time they're just really stupid), he would bring in triple cunted hooker when noting a game that's plot has more holes than *guess what* and a franchise that makes more money than *can you not already see this one coming?*

My point, if circus seal is the most awesome thing you've ever seen in a review, well, for one thing, I haven't gotten started yet, second, you need to see actual critics in action.
    tiggertine
    tiggertine

Post by tiggertine Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:33 am

....well, that's quite the explanation list you've got there, lalalalanalalabanana. Thanks for saving us all the typing. ;P

...hehe, I'm sure Zero Punctuation's a blast at parties.
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:45 am

Been there, done that, it is.
    tiggertine
    tiggertine

Post by tiggertine Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:54 pm

Ahehe, I'm sure it is.

Oh, hehe, and just to clarify things, I was NOT masquerading as stoowehtotni when I entered the chat as 'enitreggit' that one time, I was just spelling my name backwards. Razz Really, I was kinda surprised everyone was so confused by it.
    eeemeee
    eeemeee

Post by eeemeee Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:35 am

Ah. Sorry, I wasn't sure, all I knew was that when I finally did arrive, people were like, "Wait, that's eeemeee? Which one is eeemeee?" Razz
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:13 am

Well Neerav and I were the only ones in at the time, if I recall, so it was hard for us to know who was who when they started going by alternate names, as I knew that nageM had a habit of odd names after looking at TV.com and FF.net, it was all the evidence we had at the time and someone didn't bother to at least have said anything.
    BigNeerav

Number of posts : 699

Post by BigNeerav Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:17 pm

Yeah......usually I am able to reconize who you are pretty quick, but if we can't, we have other means to see who you REALLY are.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:14 pm