The Phineas and Ferb Community Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics

» Hihi - Introduce Yourself
PaF's Quantum Boogaloo EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 11:49 pm by eeemeee

» FanFiction
PaF's Quantum Boogaloo EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 8:01 am by Roy42

» Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension
PaF's Quantum Boogaloo EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 10:15 pm by CoffeeFlavord

» (Fic) Snow Dungeon
PaF's Quantum Boogaloo EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:46 am by CoffeeFlavord

» Perry/Doofenshmirtz
PaF's Quantum Boogaloo EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:36 am by CoffeeFlavord

» Candace Disconnected
PaF's Quantum Boogaloo EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 7:57 pm by CoffeeFlavord

» Where did everybody go?
PaF's Quantum Boogaloo EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 5:26 am by Noellicorn

» Spongebob ?!?
PaF's Quantum Boogaloo EmptyMon May 16, 2011 2:20 am by digigirl02

» Just A Quick Question
PaF's Quantum Boogaloo EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 3:59 am by Roy42

+9
eeemeee
BigNeerav
BriiickLover
PaFfanatic
TheFraggable74
tiggertine
ChimneyVator
ChatterBox
Roy42
13 posters

PaF's Quantum Boogaloo

Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Number of posts : 1351
    Registration date : 2009-03-01

PaF's Quantum Boogaloo Empty PaF's Quantum Boogaloo

Post by Roy42 Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:20 pm

Thing about time travel is that you can go to the future as well as the past…

A new plan for Baljeet requires a tool to fuse wood and metal on a molecular level. Since the tech to do such a thing won't be available for another 20 years, Phineas and Ferb skip the waiting with the time machine in the museum. Unfortunately, they're spotted by an older, much more mellow Candace, which snaps her back into the old mindset.

As the boys leave, Candace sets out to bust them in the past, where she's sure she can succeed. But how will the future change when she does? Will the world ever be the same? Will I think of more questions? Did anyone not see this coming? Was anyone able to follow the plot? Who did Isabella marry? Does Ferb not have a charismatic bone in his body?

Special guest musical appearance by Bowling For Soup.

Share your thoughts on this episode.
    ChatterBox
    ChatterBox

Number of posts : 327
    Registration date : 2009-08-02

PaF's Quantum Boogaloo Empty Re: PaF's Quantum Boogaloo

Post by ChatterBox Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:26 pm

I very muchly so agreed with the Doofenshmirtz Code of Conduct or whatever it was called. And how dare Candace pass by his statue without reconizing his awesome glory! Who does she think she is?!

If only life was actually like that; all muesuems must be related to Doofenshmirtz! I watched the first half of it with no sound or something and then when Doofy started singing I was all like, "Why can't I hear this?" and then I realized I had it on mute, aah, don't you love mornings?
    ChimneyVator
    ChimneyVator

Number of posts : 238
    Registration date : 2009-04-11

Post by ChimneyVator Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:34 pm

I just watched the episode on Youtube (Thanks, IATP!) and it was un-be-stinking-leivable. I was a bit worried that with all the Phinebella and Candermy going on lately that the show would dissolve into mere shipper fuel... then I watched this.

I adored all the lampshading of a typial time travel plot as well as the sheer zaniness of having five time lines at once. Poor Carl is bald (and still an intern) and Perry is no longer agile, though I'm suprised that Perry doesn't have more power in Doof's society. (He IS the nema-nema-nemasis, after all.) Ferb's one-liner is in my top five, if not my favorite of all time. Who knew he had such a creepy side?

One thing that did bother me, however- where's Jermey? Did things not work out between the two? (Awesome, perhaps Candace can focus on more important things!)
    tiggertine
    tiggertine

Number of posts : 456
    Registration date : 2009-03-20

Post by tiggertine Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:05 pm

Though Jeremy wasn't shown, Candace's kids did vaguely resemble him...and they're named Xavier and Amanda, but did she remarry and get a new stepson or something?
    TheFraggable74
    TheFraggable74

Number of posts : 86
    Registration date : 2009-09-22

Post by TheFraggable74 Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:42 pm

WARNING: EXTREMELY LOOOOOOOOOONG

OK, let me start off with my thoughts of this episode. Well, I thought it was awesome. Not my favorite, but it was pretty awesome and imaginative. We get to see that Doofenshmirtz is actually extremely competent, and he is a force to be reckoned with. I don't know about you guys, but I hate shows with villains that are just too damn incompetent to do their job. Also, some funny moments all around the episode, the Bowling for Soup cameo (BTW, I really think they should have had Phineas's voice dubbed in, since they had him "singing"...it really makes no sense for him to be singing when you obviously do not hear his voice), and a look into what the future holds for all the characters. I found the "Aunt Isabella" bit at the end hilarious, as it just brings up her hopes...and leaves her extremely confused. Brilliant. But, confirmed by Dan himself back in Comic-Con like a month and a half ago (keep in mind, this episode was completed or near completion by then) that Ferb would, in his mind, end up with Vanessa later, when the age difference settles. So...yeah.

However, I had a major beef with this episode. Sure, Candace's psychoticness was played for laughs, but she really should have grown out of her obsessions by the time she progressed into adulthood. Thank god that she'll mellow out without the boys around to cause her to freak out...but it's still so stupid seeing her freak out after 20 years just from seeing her brothers young again. I think I just about lost all hope for Candace this episode. And then there's present-day Candace...Yep, she belongs in an insane asylum. She's officially lost it, even by her standards. However, she's kinda dumb in one way. She sees that the boys CAN be busted, so she vows to keep on trying forever. But if she's in a future where her mom still knows nothing means that she never succeeded in doing so. So seriously, Candace. Grow up.

Now, for my next point. This episode was confusing as hell, and I can safely say that it must have been extremely hard to put all the events into a plot that made sense to Dan and Swampy. However, I noticed one huge plothole right at the end.

"To think that all this happened just because we needed a simple steel and wood fusing tool."

Keep in mind, that's Rollercoaster Phineas talking. Quantum Boogaloo Phineas and Ferb are last seen exiting the museum, as far as I remember. This happened well after Rollercoaster. So how does Rollercoaster Phineas know about the tool? Sure, Candace could have known about it when Fred gave it to QB Phineas and explained the whole thing to him, but we never see much of an explanation given to RC Phineas besides the one when he first finds the two Future Candaces. So either something was talked about offscreen, or the writing staff just got confused with everything.

I also loved Future Candace screaming "WHO THE HECK IS DOOFENSHMIRTZ?!"...I don't know, it just sounded cool
    PaFfanatic
    PaFfanatic

Number of posts : 136
    Registration date : 2009-08-01

Post by PaFfanatic Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:45 am

I thought this episode was pretty good. It was definitely interesting to see Danville 20 years into the future. The episode was a bit confusing when I first saw it (especially the credits), but I did catch on after I watched it a few times.

Now for some random ranting...

Phineas was right... Candace did look more relaxed... Almost to the point where it scared me.

Haha, Karl, er, I mean Carl's bald! lol!

Ferb's reaction after Candace mentions there's a possibility that Isabella might marry Ferb-priceless. Absolutely priceless.

Also, did anyone else think it was weird hearing Candace say "Doofenshmirtz"? The 2 plots in the show never mix (and current Candace has no idea who Doof is, so hearing her say it just felt... I don't know... weird to me.

Oh, and the BFS cameo was a nice touch, too.
    BriiickLover
    BriiickLover

Number of posts : 6
    Registration date : 2009-09-17

Post by BriiickLover Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:40 am

In my perspective:
    I was just a little disappointed with the lack of Perry's presence in this episode. Though I really liked his first appearance. Loved, "I've finally got you, Perry the Platypus!" Then Doof moves his chess piece...
    Loved Ferb and Isabella in this episode. (Not saying as a couple, I just loved how Isabella's face changed when Candace said, "Or Ferb."
    And yes, it was hilarious when Candace said, "WHO THE HECK IS DOOFENSCHMIRTZ?"
    Though I was hoping to see Vanessa somewhere in this episode, proving to her mom that Doof is evil. I mean, if she (the mom) was still alive, which is most likely true, she would have to notice that her ex-husband took over Danville.
    Loved, "Mo-om! Xavier and Fred are doing NOTHING!" And then Candace telling Amanda that Phineas, Ferb, and her were great childhood friends...
    And then, "Aw, they look so cute and bustable!"
    So, with the slight disappointments, this episode ranks, uh, maybe, #15 on my list of favorites.
    BigNeerav

Number of posts : 699

Post by BigNeerav Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:32 am

I pretty much agree with the reviewers so far on this episode. The only funny parts were with regards to Xavier and Fred.......I was cracking up pretty hard. There really was no Doofesnchirtz/Perry subplot in this one, and the rest of the epsiode, as others here have already pointed out, was quite confusing. Hmm.......

I hope Candace DOES eventually grow up and stop being insane - would be nice. Anyway, I give the said episode 7.5 out of 10.
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:48 am

BigNeerav wrote:I pretty much agree with the reviewers so far on this episode. The only funny parts were with regards to Xavier and Fred.......I was cracking up pretty hard. There really was no Doofesnchirtz/Perry subplot in this one, and the rest of the epsiode, as others here have already pointed out, was quite confusing. Hmm.......

I hope Candace DOES eventually grow up and stop being insane - would be nice. Anyway, I give the said episode 7.5 out of 10.

Really? I didn't have trouble following it. Then again, I'm a Doctor Who fan, so time travel and paradoxes not only don't confuse me, but I can poke about a million holes in this episode.

Which brings me nicely to what The Fraggable said about Phineas' line about needing a wood/metal tool even though that's the past Phineas. Basic rule of thumb, as far as I'm concerned, is that there is no such thing as plotholes when you're dealing with time travel paradoxes. It's already a paradox in itself that Candace was able to touch herself in a different time period, as well as that not only the 'bad future Candace' should have disappeared, but because time was in flux, both of them should have disappeared long before Phineas even pointed it out.

For what it was, Dan and Swampy did an excellent job in handling the difficulties of time travel and keeping things at a prepubescent level of understanding. You know, except when Phineas said his bit that Candace couldn't understand. That one, you need to either watch several times, or be as smart as me to get on the first time.
    eeemeee
    eeemeee

Number of posts : 449

Post by eeemeee Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:15 am

Roy42 wrote:...as well as that not only the 'bad future Candace' should have disappeared, but because time was in flux, both of them should have disappeared long before Phineas even pointed it out.

Well, yeah, but the whole point of that part was that it was funny, because she didn't disappear before then. It's like that old gag where someone walks off a platform into empty air, and keeps going until they realize they're about to fall. Then they get to have a nice little "oh crap" moment before they fall. Razz

Anyways, technicalities aside, I thought this episode was simultaneously interesting and slightly disturbing-- the disturbing because, well, I didn't think Doofy was really that evil... Shocked

Another thing-- that episode proved that (even though we pretty much already knew it) Candace will never bust Phineas and Ferb. (Not in the present day, anyways.)

Also, Ferb... Ferb nearly killed me. Razz
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:19 am

eeemeee wrote:
    Roy42 wrote:...as well as that not only the 'bad future Candace' should have disappeared, but because time was in flux, both of them should have disappeared long before Phineas even pointed it out.

Well, yeah, but the whole point of that part was that it was funny, because she didn't disappear before then. It's like that old gag where someone walks off a platform into empty air, and keeps going until they realize they're about to fall. Then they get to have a nice little "oh crap" moment before they fall. Razz

That is why I'm saying that plotholes don't really mean a thing in an episode that time travels across previous episodes.
    ChatterBox
    ChatterBox

Number of posts : 327
    Registration date : 2009-08-02

Post by ChatterBox Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:16 am

eeemeee wrote:I didn't think Doofy was really that evil... Shocked

H ewasn't doing anything wrong; he was just doing thje world a civil favour to keep them in line!
    Dr. Doofenshmirtz
    Dr. Doofenshmirtz

Number of posts : 52
    Registration date : 2009-06-27

Post by Dr. Doofenshmirtz Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:27 pm

I didn't like this episode. It was...bland. Blandy blandy bland. And there was NOT ENOUGH DOOF! I WANT MORE DOOOOOOOOOOOF!!!!!!

Episode Highlights
    1. It' my comeback comeback comeback comeback comeback comeback comeback----wait---comeback tour. One more and I get a free pie!

2. JOE!

3. Everything with Perry, Doofy, and my new favorite character...Joe.
    phineasavatar1
    phineasavatar1

Number of posts : 126
    Registration date : 2009-04-07

Post by phineasavatar1 Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:37 am

This turned out to be a pretty good episode - humor, action, etc. IDK, but it just didn't seem to be...the best it could be. Maybe it was because of all the media hype, but it just seemed like it could have been better. But, hey, aren't our expectations always too high to be met? Razz
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:47 am

No, that's only me that can't be pleased due to high expectations. Well then perhaps that's the reason I liked it so much; I'm smarter than hype.
    BigNeerav

Post by BigNeerav Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:38 am

I don't believe the hype either.......I used to before. Now, seeing is believing. I can read an episode description for a new episode that is yet to air, but will remain skeptical/cautious until I "actually" see it myself. That is what I have done for the last couple of episodes, and now for "Quantum Boogaloo", and will continue to do that for future episodes. This was not the best episode of Season 2, but it was pretty good, and another reminder that Time is something that we should not be messing around with.
    eeemeee
    eeemeee

Number of posts : 449

Post by eeemeee Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:46 am

...Funny, I never actually saw much hype about it. But then, I guess I don't really ever watch Disney Channel except for when I know a new episode is airing, so...
    BigNeerav

Post by BigNeerav Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:11 am

eeemeee wrote:...Funny, I never actually saw much hype about it. But then, I guess I don't really ever watch Disney Channel except for when I know a new episode is airing, so...
    I did not either.....I just keep my expectation of a ne episode realstic, even with the previews. I did the same with "Quantum Boogaloo", which was fairly good episode, minus the speculations on other forums of how Phineas, Ferb and Jeremy would look like 20 years into the future.
    phineasavatar1
    phineasavatar1

Post by phineasavatar1 Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:54 am

By hype, I actually meant all the interviews and press releases about the episode all over the internet - just check out Google News. Wink
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:59 am

Again, that's your own fault.
    phineasavatar1
    phineasavatar1

Post by phineasavatar1 Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:22 am

Yeah, well it's my opinion, and that's what this forum is about. You don't have to be so rude, lol lol!
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:35 pm

I'm being rude? Damn, I've gotta stop doing that without realising.
    Ferbelle

Number of posts : 78
    Registration date : 2009-09-04

Post by Ferbelle Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:03 am

Well I compleetly loved the episoide, it's probably because I hated the last new epioide but anyway. I think another part of it is becuse that I also love Rollercoaster, and I've allways really wanted Phineas and Ferb to get busted and for Doof to beat Perry, 'caus (Don't hate me) I don't really like Perry. Anyway, yeah I loved it!
    phineasavatar1
    phineasavatar1

Post by phineasavatar1 Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:32 am

Roy42 wrote:I'm being rude? Damn, I've gotta stop doing that without realising.

If that's sarcasm, I can't tell, lol. I have a terrible sense of sarcasm, especially online. Laughing
    Ferbelle

Number of posts : 78
    Registration date : 2009-09-04

Post by Ferbelle Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:24 am

I'm pretty sure it's not, caus I'm rude without realising ALL the time!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 4:58 am