The Phineas and Ferb Community Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics

» Hihi - Introduce Yourself
Phineas and Ferb's Christmas Vacation EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 11:49 pm by eeemeee

» FanFiction
Phineas and Ferb's Christmas Vacation EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 8:01 am by Roy42

» Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension
Phineas and Ferb's Christmas Vacation EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 10:15 pm by CoffeeFlavord

» (Fic) Snow Dungeon
Phineas and Ferb's Christmas Vacation EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:46 am by CoffeeFlavord

» Perry/Doofenshmirtz
Phineas and Ferb's Christmas Vacation EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:36 am by CoffeeFlavord

» Candace Disconnected
Phineas and Ferb's Christmas Vacation EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 7:57 pm by CoffeeFlavord

» Where did everybody go?
Phineas and Ferb's Christmas Vacation EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 5:26 am by Noellicorn

» Spongebob ?!?
Phineas and Ferb's Christmas Vacation EmptyMon May 16, 2011 2:20 am by digigirl02

» Just A Quick Question
Phineas and Ferb's Christmas Vacation EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 3:59 am by Roy42

+8
Dr. Coconut
Livyrosebud
PaFfanatic
Crowfeather
KLCI
TheFraggable74
ChimneyVator
Roy42
12 posters

Phineas and Ferb's Christmas Vacation

Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Number of posts : 1351
    Registration date : 2009-03-01

Phineas and Ferb's Christmas Vacation Empty Phineas and Ferb's Christmas Vacation

Post by Roy42 Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:49 pm

No, it's not Christmas in July; Phineas and Ferb are venturing out of Summer to entertain the family, this holiday season.

It's Christmas Eve, and no one's resting for a second! Phineas and Ferb are enlisting the help of the entire city to thank Santa for all the hard work he selflessly does each year, by turning the Christmas lights into a bird's-eye message. Unfortunately, Jeremy is helping out too, and that makes things harder for Candace, who is using 'Letters to Santa' to figure out what to get Jeremy in return for the 'perfect' gift she hears he has gotten her. But could all this be for naught? Doofenshmirtz has an -inator ready to envelop Danville in storm clouds of naughtiness and ruin Christmas for everyone…just as soon as he comes up with a reason to hate Christmas enough. Will Christmas cheer be spread for all? Will everyone get their Christmas wish? Is Carl Perry's Secret Santa? And just what does the North Pole have to say on the delicate state of Danville?

Share your thoughts on this episode.
    ChimneyVator
    ChimneyVator

Number of posts : 238
    Registration date : 2009-04-11

Phineas and Ferb's Christmas Vacation Empty Re: Phineas and Ferb's Christmas Vacation

Post by ChimneyVator Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:32 pm

THANK YOU for embedding the video, Roy! I'm ecstatic that I can watch it online this quickly. Apparently, the Christmas special to end all Christmas specials is not a valid excuse to skip youth group. santa

EDIT: Just got done watching it online. While it wasn't the best episode ever (mostly because the songs kept coming at a rapid-fire pace and I'm definitely not a Christmas person), I did enjoy seeing this show's distinct brand of humor. The annoying elf had me in stitches! Did anyone else notice how freakishly God-like Santa is in this special, or was that just me being hypersensitive? And the face that Doof doesn't hate Christmas is the besue subversion ever (along with Phineas' comment on the dark clouds and the false all-just-a-dream...)
    TheFraggable74
    TheFraggable74

Number of posts : 86
    Registration date : 2009-09-22

Phineas and Ferb's Christmas Vacation Empty Re: Phineas and Ferb's Christmas Vacation

Post by TheFraggable74 Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:11 am

Ooh...time for a nice long review.

Okay. I really have no idea what to say about this episode. The music was great, it was four times as long as regular episodes, it provided a lot of amazing/funny moments, there were actually some genuinely heartwarming moments in there, and of course a crapload of catchy music that's bound to be in our heads for the remainder of the season. Sure, it may have been incredibly corny, but that's what a Christmas special is for. Doof's scenes were pretty good, and his song...oh god, yes. Purely awesome to say the least. The references to other Christmas specials/stories were nice. The ending song will probably be in my head for the next two months or so, just like Dan and Swampy were making sure. Also, that tiny awkward moment with Isabella was priceless... Anyways, Ferb must be loving that harmonica...nice instrument, I must say. And MEAP CAMEO, OH GOD YES. Really, I'm just running my mouth off. But come on, this episode was pretty awesome.

Can't really find anything negative to say about this episode besides the fact that it still is not my favorite episode (Dude, We're Getting The Band Back Together will always be my #1), but I must say, it's up there. I'm probably gonna make this a little tradition of my own to watch every December.

WE WON'T GO UNTIL WE GET SOME.
    KLCI
    KLCI

Number of posts : 30
    Registration date : 2009-11-14

Post by KLCI Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:30 am

I just finished watching this. Thanks to Roy for putting the video up on the site and also to IamThePlatypus for posting it on youtube.

I'm a huge Christmas person, so I had fairly high expectations for this episode. I thought overall it was a very good special and it was thoroughly enjoyable. It was really great how they managed to fit pretty much all of the elements that make up the best of the overall series, such as clever humor and a plot that keeps the viewer wanting more, into a nice long episode that captures the Christmas spirit nicely.

Overall, I would definitely put it in my top 5 favorite episodes.
    Crowfeather
    Crowfeather

Number of posts : 217
    Registration date : 2009-07-06

Post by Crowfeather Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:11 pm

It was an awesome episode. Ferb's Christmas wish was cute cuz I mean, who doesn't want a harmonica?! Frosty was the funniest. Hello! Winter time's fun! Follow me! Come on, follow me! WAOW!!!!!!!!! *crash* and the second time! Uh, on second though, don't follow me. Man. that was close! This episode made my day.
    PaFfanatic
    PaFfanatic

Number of posts : 136
    Registration date : 2009-08-01

Post by PaFfanatic Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:07 am

I thought the episode was phin-tastic! I was awaiting this episode for a really long time, and it definitely delivered! There were a ton of great, great songs (Got that Christmas Feeling is my new ringtone!), and it was also really hilarious. I agree with Crowfeather, I loved Frosty! I also found the Canderemy subplot to be really sweet. Great episode!
    Livyrosebud
    Livyrosebud

Number of posts : 253
    Registration date : 2009-03-20

Post by Livyrosebud Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:32 am

I agree with everyone else. Tons of cute, funny moments, and great songs that I had stuck in my head all of yesterday and today. Phineas's fake all just a dream thing had me in stitches, as did Ferb's harmonica and Isabella's 'I sense a disturbance' look when Candace said her catchphrase and Frosty the Snowman and God I really need to watch this again... I loved the end montage too. Was I the only one who kind of wanted Irving's present?

Overall a very funny, heartwarming special. Certainly one of my favorites.
    Dr. Coconut
    Dr. Coconut

Number of posts : 56
    Registration date : 2009-08-06

Post by Dr. Coconut Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:17 am

I absolutely LOVED IT!!!! I remember before it aired when I went to the Christmas bazaar it was almost like tourcher because everything there made me think of P&F Christmas Vaccation. I kept on thinking about it & was like ugh I want to watch it NOW! I had no idea at that time how awesome it would be! (I knew it was going to be great but it did kind of take me by surprise at some parts) I usually have fun at events like the Christmas bazaar but I just could not get P&F off my mind the whole time & if the bazaar was after this episode aired then every stand that had something snowman related (which was a lot) I would have brought up the Frosty thing. That really was my favorite part. It took a while for me to stop laughing after Monogram ate that carrot!

Also this episode is so special to me because it actually stopped the fighting between my 2 best friends. Tammy, June, & I had started our own Perry club about 8 months ago because we all have a Perry plushie & 1 thing we do in the club is review new episodes of P&F. We got Tammy on the phone after the episode & talked about it for about a hour. They both agreed on 1 thing & that got them to stop this huge fight going on between them. Ok so when watching the episode when Doofenshmirtz was talking about the naughtyinator & when it got to the naughty nector or whatever that liquid was called June said uh yeah its egg nog. When talking on the phone we brought up the egg nog joke & Tammy said she thought the same thing then the 2 of them were talking & talking like they use to do in the past. Really out of all my friends those 2 talk the most.

When having our disgussion about this episode Tammy brought up something that I found interesting. This episode seemed centered around Doofenshmirtz. When she explained it to me I got why she said that & I kind of agree with her on it. Pretty much everything that went on happened so that Doofenshmirtz could hate Christmas. If he never recieved the naughtyinator then everything would have been fine. Santa got his evil scheme started & ended. Its almost as if Santa was the bad guy in all of this because he started & ended the problem. Well at the same time it did cause everyone else's wish to come true but it just felt so centered around Doofenshmnirtz. I did not really feel that way until Tammy pointed it out & after she did I watched it again (I have it recorded & protected so I can watch it any time I want) & that time after hearing her thoughts made it feel like it really was centered around him. Strange how that works.

The songs were great! Although the song Where Did We Go Wrong made me cry. Still does every time I watch it. Oh wow sorry that I had a lot to say. I hope you don't mind if I make this Christmas colors.
    TheFraggable74
    TheFraggable74

Post by TheFraggable74 Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:16 am

Dr. Coconut wrote:Santa got his evil scheme started & ended. Its almost as if Santa was the bad guy in all of this because he started & ended the problem. Well at the same time it did cause everyone else's wish to come true but it just felt so centered around Doofenshmnirtz.

Santa wasn't the bad guy at all. Doofenshmirtz wanted the ability to hate Christmas for Christmas. Santa gave that to him with this whole scenario. He knew nothing bad would happen, he just made sure everyone got what they wanted.
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:21 am

I didn't find Santa to be the bad guy, more like he was symbolising a common imagining of God, or any divine being pertaining to your specific religion.
    TheFraggable74
    TheFraggable74

Post by TheFraggable74 Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:38 am

Roy42 wrote:I didn't find Santa to be the bad guy, more like he was symbolising a common imagining of God, or any divine being pertaining to your specific religion.

Which I found to be one of the best points about this episode. It actually put some religion back in a Christmas special...albeit for the wrong being, but it's the thought that counts.
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:09 am

Though Candace did make some references in her pet names for Jeremy to the birth of Christ. It was nicer as well that they didn't ignore that Isabella was Jewish, as I was wondering to myself why she should be that concerned about the naughty/nice problem. 8 straight days of dreams coming true… but then again, I have disposable income; I can make my dreams come true whenever I want! Or, when I'm not writing fanfiction, I can spend that money!
    ChimneyVator
    ChimneyVator

Number of posts : 238
    Registration date : 2009-04-11

Post by ChimneyVator Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:19 am

TheFraggable74 wrote:
    Roy42 wrote:I didn't find Santa to be the bad guy, more like he was symbolising a common imagining of God, or any divine being pertaining to your specific religion.

Which I found to be one of the best points about this episode. It actually put some religion back in a Christmas special...albeit for the wrong being, but it's the thought that counts.

No, it is most definitely NOT the thought that counts. Excuse me for going Scrooge on you here, but if you're going to talk about the redeeming values of God, please mention God. Otherwise, keep the show entirely secular. Both are acceptable options, but please, for the love of all that is holy, DON'T MESS WITH GOD'S IMAGE. We Christians are having enough trouble as it is trying to tell people that Christians are not all Catholics.

[/rant]
    KLCI
    KLCI

Post by KLCI Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:25 am

Out of curiosity, I'm just wondering what specific elements made Santa in this special God like? He reminded me more of an old fashioned Santa, like one you would have seen in a Christmas special 20 or 30 years ago.

I suppose older versions of Santa may be more God like in the way that they may have been more closely based off the actual Saint Nicholas, but other than that, I didn't see it. Can someone tell me what I'm missing?
    TheFraggable74
    TheFraggable74

Post by TheFraggable74 Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:45 pm

KLCI:

1. Santa is portrayed as omniscient. He can tell what's gonna happen at every time, and he knows the situation will be resolved "because Santa needs to have a little fun too, ya know?"...but still, putting all of Danville in despair like that shouldn't really be that much fun. Santa, you heartless fat man. But still, he knew how everything would result and that's why he did it. Everyone gets their Christmas wish.

2. Look at a certain part in "Where Did We Go Wrong?". They are basically praying to a relic of Santa. Compare this to Jesus on the cross, or take your pick with any other religious symbol. It really seems like they're woshipping him to me.
    KLCI
    KLCI

Post by KLCI Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:19 am

TheFraggable74 wrote:KLCI:

1. Santa is portrayed as omniscient. He can tell what's gonna happen at every time, and he knows the situation will be resolved "because Santa needs to have a little fun too, ya know?"...but still, putting all of Danville in despair like that shouldn't really be that much fun. Santa, you heartless fat man. But still, he knew how everything would result and that's why he did it. Everyone gets their Christmas wish.

2. Look at a certain part in "Where Did We Go Wrong?". They are basically praying to a relic of Santa. Compare this to Jesus on the cross, or take your pick with any other religious symbol. It really seems like they're woshipping him to me.

Ah, I see what you mean. Now that you mention those specific elements, I can see how they were going past the whole "Santa is magical" thing and bringing it to a level where it may have been hinting at religious references.

Thanks for clearing that up.
    ZMarchewa

Number of posts : 12
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Post by ZMarchewa Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:43 pm

Finally Christmas Special, and It's surprise in Poland it's gonna be aired in the Christmas Eve Very Happy . Moody ^^

So let's start with the center plot. That's maybe hackneyed one, but who can make episodes like that one better than Phineas 'n Ferb creators Smile .I still don't like Phineas too much, but know, I can give him (in the scale 1/10) 6++, cuz (don't cheat ourselves) he's showed there in the really good side. I think, Isabella deserves for someone better than he, but he starts gaining points out of me. ;P . (BTW, his letter to Santa was so lame in my notion)
    Next to the bombardment - Candace. She's such a freak. I'm skipping here, how she was cruel to her brothers, but serious, she's so much egoist!
    And know - about Ferb cheers . That guy rules!I don't know, who couldn't don't like him, but he gets very small role (or something) in that episode (except final scene with his wish xDDD).

And I've done with center plot. Or not. Wait. How could I forgot it. ISABELLA!
    I'm confused about her after watching that Special. She's Jew, right? So why she cares about no Christmas.That's kinda weird, cuz in religous meaning, Santa is a ortodox bishop, who was giving gifts to poor kids. In universal meaning, he's a Coca-Cola's mascot xD . I was afraid 'bout her, then she said, she don't celebrate Christmas, but that was really weird! Maybe her parents don't want to make her laugh by her colleagues like Kyle's parents in South Park, but who cares about Christmas, if that person can celebrate Hanukkah! (BTW, Hanukkah is on 12th December, so it's not superimposed with Christmas. What the hell?! But my self-worth corrected her solo voice in two songs (Where did we go wrong, Danville is very nice). That was awesome! Isabella finally got her own very special concert! Hmm, maybe it wasn't a concert, but it was equally good ^^.

And now - Doof's plot cheers .
    Two words - ****in' tasty ^^ I don't know, how can I say it with english dictionary. But in Polish language i could say 'zajebiście!' ;P
    We're getting ther a giant portion of fun and laugh xD . And i don't want to offense someone, but did you notice Doof's gay movements, if he was dancing I really don't hate Christmas? I don't got something against it, but (I have to repeat tha phrase again) that was kinda weiiiird.

And know - general grade of the episode.
    Generally, it's not very bad episode, but I can see lots of misconducts there. Including songs, where "Dude, we're getting a band back together" had a that same amount, and thair was such a great, and Santa Claus. He didn't so funny like i supposed to. So I'm forced with all Pluses and Minuses give it grade

7+/10.
    DjangoKatie
    DjangoKatie

Number of posts : 248
    Registration date : 2009-08-05

Post by DjangoKatie Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:37 pm

Finally!! Finally managed to watch it at a decent time.

Worth the wait... You bet it is. Isabella manages to sing for once. Where Did We Go Wrong could be heading for number 1 when they do the next best song poll.

Doof gets all the best lines. "You're Feliz Navi-dead to me!" and "Tis the season to be naughty!" crack me up. Check out Perry wrapped up in chain lighting and topped with a partridge doll. It even breathes a sigh of relief the very second after Perry does.

There were plenty of special guests Besides Meap (as mentioned by Frag74) there were appearances by Irving (getting summer P&F outfits), that van rental couple, and the rest of the Fireside Girls performing in a spoof of the Charlie Brown Christmas Special.

I rate this episode 96%.
    Ferbelle

Number of posts : 78
    Registration date : 2009-09-04

Post by Ferbelle Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:02 pm

I must admit, when my sister told me they were making a Christmas special i laughed. I didn't belive her, I thought it was fake! But i went to wiki and saw that it wasn't.

Then I was scared. "Oh no, Phineas and Ferb in winter!" I thought it would suck, a lot, or worse reck my thought on what their Christams was like.

It didn't...

I LOVED IT!!!!!!!!
    Who can't really? songs:Great Plot:Fantastic Humor: through the roof!

I can't write down words to explian how amazing it was!
    So for the most part I agree with every one so far!

Last edited by Ferbelle on Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I don't think people care about my strange religion and it's kind of embarrasing but I didn't think about that befor i wrote it)
    agentpfan

Number of posts : 28
    Registration date : 2009-06-14

Post by agentpfan Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:19 pm

First, great episode! Every song was wonderful, the plot was great, and I loved the guest appearences of Irving, Meap, the van business/bunny farm people, and of course the homeage to Charlie Brown!

Only complaint I have is the picture that said, "Merry X-mas," every time I see that word anywhere it bothers me. However, I can forgive one hiccup in my favorite show's Christmas special. Smile

While we're on that subject, I saw no more "God-like" qualities in Santa Claus than normal. Yes, he was portrayed as omnicient, but isn't he always? I know I was raised up hearing, "Santa Claus is watching you! He sees everything!" On the other hand, there are some people who make a good argument that Santa Claus is really the devil.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 8:34 am