The Phineas and Ferb Community Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics

» Hihi - Introduce Yourself
Candace EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 11:49 pm by eeemeee

» FanFiction
Candace EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 8:01 am by Roy42

» Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension
Candace EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 10:15 pm by CoffeeFlavord

» (Fic) Snow Dungeon
Candace EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:46 am by CoffeeFlavord

» Perry/Doofenshmirtz
Candace EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:36 am by CoffeeFlavord

» Candace Disconnected
Candace EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 7:57 pm by CoffeeFlavord

» Where did everybody go?
Candace EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 5:26 am by Noellicorn

» Spongebob ?!?
Candace EmptyMon May 16, 2011 2:20 am by digigirl02

» Just A Quick Question
Candace EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 3:59 am by Roy42

+11
DjangoKatie
ChimneyVator
Helouise
ChatterBox
IamThePlatypus
PhineasFerbTones
tiggertine
BigNeerav
Livyrosebud
eeemeee
Roy42
15 posters

Candace

Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Number of posts : 1351
    Registration date : 2009-03-01

Candace Empty Candace

Post by Roy42 Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:57 am

Candace is the older sister and step-sister of Phineas and Ferb, respectively. Candace has a specific list of priorities in her daily plan: Bust Phineas and Ferb, Advance her relationship with Jeremy, Have a fun Summer. Despite her tendencies to never care for what Phineas and Ferb do, she shows time and again that she cares very much for both of them, placing their safety above even busting them, although regardless of how much she loves them, she finds that it has now become a need to bust them everyday even if they aren't doing anything, for what reason is unknown, even on the occasions that she joins in on their adventures, willingly or otherwise, at the end of the day it's about busting them, no matter how many times she fails.

Share your thoughts on this character.
    Anonymous

Candace Empty Re: Candace

Post by Guest Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:46 pm

Whilst there are several explanations out there to explain Candace;s behavior i still think it's weird. However as a character she is great imo. I like how she looks, speaks and acts, and interacts with other characters. She has a likeable personality and it's always fun to see her trying to bust her brothers, she is really quite a Frank Spencer of sorts there. Good character all round.
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:28 am

She definitely is the spitting image of every big sister cliché out there (yes, you can put in special characters in this forum), and I wouldn't have it any other way.
    eeemeee
    eeemeee

Number of posts : 449
    Registration date : 2009-03-20

Post by eeemeee Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:56 am

She reminds me of me, to an extent. Just trying to take care of her siblings, and keep them safe... and I can see how she feels responsible for them, like while Mom can't see the the things they do, it's her responsibility to make sure they're doing the right thing. I honestly think that while she wants them punished, ultimately she's doing it because she wants what she believes is the best thing for them.

There's also probably a protective element to it too. Like, she doesn't want them to get hurt. I dunno if any of the rest of you are an oldest child, but I at least am pretty protective of my little siblings.

I'm not all like her tattletale side, though. That's more like my little sister. If my brothers were doing stuff like that in the backyard, I'd certainly join in. In fact, one of my brothers, the one that owes enitreggit his pancreas, is like my partner in crime. Razz

I really could relate to Candace during the "Little Brothers" song. Seriously, that song almost made me cry. Fits me perfectly as well... I've got two little brothers, one came after the other (by birth though, not marriage), and they'll always be my little brothers... seeing that picture of Candace with her arms around Phineas and Ferb was really strong for me, I had to go hug my own little brothers after that. Razz
    Livyrosebud
    Livyrosebud

Number of posts : 253

Post by Livyrosebud Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:44 am

Oh I know how you feel eeemeee. I would probably try to tell my mother what my brothers were doing if they did the sort of stuff Phineas and Ferb did, just because I'm so protective of them. Sometimes I almost think that might be the reason Candace tries to bust them, just because I know how I would feel. And god, that song...I remember my youngest brother looking at me and asking why my eyes were all watery. I gave both of them hugs, and completely freaked them out. Very Happy
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:47 pm

I'm an only child but i liked Candace because she looks nice and i like how she speaks and interacts with the other characters... I will TRY to elaborate upon my default opinion on a good character however.

Candace imo is an example of modern female youth... she is fifteen, has a 'cell' mobile phone, calls her friend Suzy often, has a crush on Jeremy, all commonplace things for one such as her. Yet her individual nature shines through these commonplace variables... and she has a certain element of her own. Quite indescribable to a idiot such as myself, but to Dan and Swampy i'm sure she'd be described in some more intelligent and creative words.
    eeemeee
    eeemeee

Post by eeemeee Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:54 am

Well, I wouldn't say Candace is really an example of a modern female youth... not all of us fifteen-year-old girls run around with cellphones glued to our ears.

What I'd say she is is a prime example of the stereotype of a modern female youth; you know, exaggerated a lot.

And you have a point, Atomius; despite her stereotypicality (not a word? Well, it is now), she has her weird, obsessive, quirky side as well.
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:25 am

Did I not say that before? Spitting image of blahblahblah see previous message?
    eeemeee
    eeemeee

Post by eeemeee Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:02 am

Roy42 wrote:Did I not say that before? Spitting image of blahblahblah see previous message?

Yeah, I was just saying that in response to what Atomius said.
    BigNeerav

Number of posts : 699

Post by BigNeerav Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:11 am

Livyrosebud wrote:Oh I know how you feel eeemeee. I would probably try to tell my mother what my brothers were doing if they did the sort of stuff Phineas and Ferb did, just because I'm so protective of them. Sometimes I almost think that might be the reason Candace tries to bust them, just because I know how I would feel. And god, that song...I remember my youngest brother looking at me and asking why my eyes were all watery. I gave both of them hugs, and completely freaked them out. Very Happy
    I would not try to bust my brothers, if I was Candace, but I would look out for them and make sure that they would not particpate in any activities in which they could injure or kill themselves.
    Livyrosebud
    Livyrosebud

Number of posts : 253

Post by Livyrosebud Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:51 am

That was what I meant. If it was something like building a beach in the backyard, I'd be fine. Race cars on the other hand..
    BigNeerav

Post by BigNeerav Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:52 am

Livyrosebud wrote:That was what I meant. If it was something like building a beach in the backyard, I'd be fine. Race cars on the other hand..
    Agreed......after some fair warning......if they don't listen then the I call mom and dad, and YOU will have to deal with them!
    tiggertine
    tiggertine

Number of posts : 456

Post by tiggertine Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:10 am

Am I the only older sibling here who didn't cry in the slightest during Little Brothers? It was quite out-of-character for emotional enitreggit. Then again, I was probably too angry at seeing Phineas and Ferb being tortured at the boot camp to pay much attention to Stacy's song.
    PhineasFerbTones
    PhineasFerbTones

Number of posts : 31
    Registration date : 2009-07-02

Post by PhineasFerbTones Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:07 am

I am a only child too and I can´t imagine how Candace feel, when Phineas and Ferb do (in her eyes) something wrong. 'cause 1. I don´t have any brothers and sisters and 2. Phineas and Ferb never do something wrong Wink
    But it´s really great to me, that Ashley Tisdale is the Voice of Candace.It´s the perfect Voice for her, I think.
    Well, Candace is a great Charakter. And I guess without her the Show won´t be the Show, they we all love.
    BigNeerav

Post by BigNeerav Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:16 am

Candace, I guess you can say, adds to the hilariousness of the plot not just in terms of her busting her brothers (Phineas and Ferb), but especially when she interacts with Jeremy. I am not a big fan of Candace, however, as I wish there were days where she just seriously "chill out" with the busting of her brothers.
    IamThePlatypus
    IamThePlatypus

Number of posts : 232
    Registration date : 2009-04-06

Post by IamThePlatypus Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:40 am

As an older sibling, I really understand - espeically since her Mom doesn't believe her that these things happen. It's not really so much that she wants to spoil the boys' fun, she just wants her Mom to see that she's not absolutely insane and that her brothers really are amazing mechanical geniuses.
    BigNeerav

Post by BigNeerav Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:38 pm

You know, with each episode, I am starting to wonder if Candace is getting worse, psychologically speaking, or is the same. From what I can see, her "paranoia" with regards to Phineas and Ferb seems to be getting worse. With each attempt to bust her brothers, her mind seems to be getting increasingly warped. Somehow, in some of the recent epsiodes (and even some from Season 1), even her boyfriend, Jeremy, might be starting to recognize that she is going a bit too crazy with busting her brothers.
    ChatterBox
    ChatterBox

Number of posts : 327
    Registration date : 2009-08-02

Post by ChatterBox Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:51 am

Agreed. Candace does not rank in my favorite characters nor is she on my "hate list". I have more neutral feelings bout her because I can't figure out what to make of a frantic, high-maintence, Jeremey-Obsessed teen.

I did not cry on "little brothers" mainly because I'm a younger sibling but I think I'd make a great older sister. I played woth my niece and showed her the art of stupid things to do with the pooping dog Barbie toy.

And on the 4th of July I run around frantically making sure no one gets hurt with any sparklers, smoke bombs, roman candles, fire crackers, and saturn missles (I left quite a few out since I "ban" them from going any where near anything bigger than a 200 shot saturn missle). Seriously, I am like the firework safety patroler.

And despite bing the ONLY person running around making sure no one gets killed, I managed to not even tear up on 'Little Brothers'. Maybe because there's just too many people and I'd end up wasting my time (five younger cousins, one niece, and at least 6 kids I've baby-sat for over three years) or maybe it's because I'm the younger one, lol.
    Helouise
    Helouise

Number of posts : 35
    Registration date : 2009-08-03

Post by Helouise Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:06 pm

I am the younger sister out of two siblings... but, ususally I'm the one busting my older sister (who's - and I swear - gone through most things Doofenshmirtz seem to go through, like hooked on tv-shop, divorced with teenage daughters (age 14, 15 and 16), worked as a hotdog vendor at one point...). She always has some new crazy plan to carry out. Like turning her livingroom into one giant aviary, raising shi tzu's and turning her entire apartment into a snake terrarium. Don't ask me why it's all animal related.

I think I'm the Candace of my family. We even have the same cellphone. *pulls face*

Other than that, I definitely like Candace. She's in my top 3 list of favorite characters (together with Doofenshmirtz and Baljeet). I always like neurotic characters... and for some reason she reminds me a lot of Helga from Hey Arnold! in the way she handles situations, and the comedic slap-stick
    ChatterBox
    ChatterBox

Number of posts : 327
    Registration date : 2009-08-02

Post by ChatterBox Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:47 pm

I do like the character and respect her but she's not in my top three (Doof, Ferb, and Carl the Intern) mainly because I can never see myself as her (almost no one for that matter except for maybe a cross between Phineas and Doofenshmirtz).

One thing that I like about the character is screaming. Screaming is a fun thing, especially when it comes out of aboslutely no where. I enjoy loud, obnoxious noises every so often so that's one thing I like about her.

But sometimes I think she just needs to chill (oh my printers, I sound like a wanna-be-gangster) or else she'll end up in either the nut house or some type of mental therepy (which is where I probably should be instead of here). I do like it when she gets envolved with what Phineas and Ferb are doing. And I greatly appriecated it in 'Traffic Cam Caper' when she saved Phineas instead of the disc and gave him a hug. Things like that I enjoy.

And that concludes what I like about Candace since there really isn't that much, but I don't hate her, she's probably number seven on my list so I do like her, just not like her like I do Doofenshmirtz.
    BigNeerav

Post by BigNeerav Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:45 am

Having seen "Quantum Boogaloo", I really think that a straight jacket and a padded room (not the "Panic Room" underneath thier hosue) is what is needed for Candace. For the last few episodes, I "REALLY" think she has lost it. I really feel sorry for her mom, who has to put up with her constant complaints over what Phineas and Ferb are doing, as well as her hallucinations of seeing things that are not there.......but there is still hope, if Linda can get Candace into a psychiatric ward before she gets worse.
    ChimneyVator
    ChimneyVator

Number of posts : 238
    Registration date : 2009-04-11

Post by ChimneyVator Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:27 am

Am I the only one who thought that finally busting her brothers twenty years into the future would finally end her manic obsession? Honestly, Phineas and Ferb wouldn't even be in trouble for many of their recent feats (building a restaraunt, constructing emergentcy shelter, or finding Perry.) For a breif moment, I thought this episode was the official drop of that aspect of her personality. I'd love two see a two-dimensonal Candace.
    BigNeerav

Post by BigNeerav Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:17 am

I would think, but for the time being, she will remain the same. Maybe down the road, she will eventually realize the futility of what she is doing and stop, but that remains to be seen.
    eeemeee
    eeemeee

Post by eeemeee Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:55 am

Heh, well, I thought she'd stop solely because when she went into the future, it was pretty clear that she never succeeded. So... she's just setting herself up to fail again and again. Razz But hey, if that's what floats her boat.
    BigNeerav

Post by BigNeerav Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:18 am

eeemeee wrote:Heh, well, I thought she'd stop solely because when she went into the future, it was pretty clear that she never succeeded. So... she's just setting herself up to fail again and again. Razz But hey, if that's what floats her boat.
    That reminds me of a famous quote, which you may have heard:

"Those who don't learn history are doomed to repeat it"

Case in point - Candace must have a VERY slow learning curve not to know that every time she tries to bust her brothers, it will never succeed because something will always happen that causes her attempts to bust her brother to fail. When will she ever learn?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:29 am