The Phineas and Ferb Community Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics

» Hihi - Introduce Yourself
Now Showing - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 11:49 pm by eeemeee

» FanFiction
Now Showing - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 8:01 am by Roy42

» Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension
Now Showing - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 10:15 pm by CoffeeFlavord

» (Fic) Snow Dungeon
Now Showing - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:46 am by CoffeeFlavord

» Perry/Doofenshmirtz
Now Showing - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:36 am by CoffeeFlavord

» Candace Disconnected
Now Showing - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 7:57 pm by CoffeeFlavord

» Where did everybody go?
Now Showing - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 5:26 am by Noellicorn

» Spongebob ?!?
Now Showing - Page 3 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 2:20 am by digigirl02

» Just A Quick Question
Now Showing - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 3:59 am by Roy42

+8
BigNeerav
LillyCrystal
phineasfletcher
Laughingcheese:)
Livyrosebud
eeemeee
tiggertine
Roy42
12 posters

Now Showing

Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Number of posts : 1351
    Registration date : 2009-03-01

Now Showing - Page 3 Empty Now Showing

Post by Roy42 Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:50 am

First topic message reminder :

This is the thread for those interested in what's on the big screen right now. Well, last few years or so. Anyway, there have been some good releases in the past few years, and some not-so-good ones.

Discuss these releases here.

LillyCrystal

Number of posts : 40
    Registration date : 2009-08-02

Now Showing - Page 3 Empty Re: Now Showing

Post by LillyCrystal Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:29 pm

i just don't like him after what he did with the fifth one -.-
    yeah...Snape really has it hard...they did a good job at showing how hard it was for him to do what he had to do, in my opinion.
    phineasavatar1
    phineasavatar1

Number of posts : 126
    Registration date : 2009-04-07

Post by phineasavatar1 Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:30 pm

Well, yeah, he always seemed so rude in the fifth one, but then you saw really why in that flashback-like-thing during one of the training events. Poor Snape Sad
    LillyCrystal
    LillyCrystal

Number of posts : 40

Post by LillyCrystal Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:35 pm

yeah he really had a hard life...Sad and you feel really sorry for him in the seventh book...poor...poor Snape
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:52 pm

Alright, this is more discussion for the books, not the recently released movie.
    phineasavatar1
    phineasavatar1

Number of posts : 126
    Registration date : 2009-04-07

Post by phineasavatar1 Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:51 am

Good point, Roy - we'll stop.
    ChatterBox
    ChatterBox

Number of posts : 327

Post by ChatterBox Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:59 am

Mwa ha ha ha. You know I was bound to completely chnage the subject.

I just got finished watching a movie called 'An American Crime', hard hitting I can tell you that. My mom was bawling and I was just sitting there looking at my toe (tiggertine, eeemeee, that thing it quite interesting, you know). There, I learned how OI express my feelings differently, instead of crying about how those events REALLY took place, I just thought and thought about it... not that I didn't feel bad because I most certainly did, I just don't express my emotions as others do.

It was about two sisters who have to live at this one lady's house for a couple months (I didn;t see the beginnign so I'm not sure why, her parents worked for a carnival?). Anyways, while she's there the main character, Sylvia, is tortured and abused for things she didn't do, it was truly just the lady who was taking care of her expressing her frustration over having being divorced by her husband... that and she was crazy and an addict to almost everything possible that harms your body.

It was based on a true story, and I have seen many of these movies based on true stories, out of all of them, this had to be the most harsh one.

I DO NOT RECOMMEND SUCH A MOVIE FOR YOUNG EYES. Yeah... there were somethings I would've rather not have seen. Anyways, a boy was beating on one of the other girls' in the household and she stopped it by yelling (and it was truthful) that she was pregnant and he should stop, and so he did. Then, the prenant girl told her mom (the lady they were staying with) that Sylvia had lied and said she was pregnant, and so she got pay-back; getting to punch her. While she was wailing on Sylvia, Sylvia just let her do it. And I'm screaming, "YOU HAVE ARMS, WOMAN!! USE THEM!!" and my mom was just all looking at the TV in utter disbelief. So stupid. No one understands me when I'm yelling at the TV to "fight back", they just think that it's awful, nothing else, well, at least in this household. Bleh.

I have had the urge to really write something on human rights and death penalty things in the past week or so. Possibly, this is what really pushes me to do so. Also, the kids played in on "torture Sylvia". No oen called the cops, no one told the neighbors, nothing. Nothign was done to help her, and let me remind you, this was based off of a true story. This makes me thankful for what we learn in school now days(happened in 1965?).
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:16 am

I'd read the whole post, but first, two things.

1. You're wrong, actually. I fully expected anyone to change the subject from Harry Potter, since we were done talking about it, but I never expected you to chnage the subject.

2. Considering the only other thread for already released movies is the archives, I suppose it's okay to talk about An American Crime here, but I'm still kind of iffy.
    ChatterBox
    ChatterBox

Number of posts : 327

Post by ChatterBox Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:35 am

Roy42 wrote: 1. You're wrong, actually. I fully expected anyone to change the subject from Harry Potter, since we were done talking about it, but I never expected you to chnage the subject.

I'd think you would've learned by now that I enjoy changing the subjects on things at random. Well, I guess I've only really done that in 'Randomosity' but no matter.

Roy42 wrote: 2. Considering the only other thread for already released movies is the archives, I suppose it's okay to talk about An American Crime here, but I'm still kind of iffy.

Ah, well, it's not really a "classic" and it must've been fairly new, I mean, fairly decent and realistic effects on the whole thing. The events occured between the summer of 1965 and October 1965 even thought they were tow stay a whole month more at Gertrude's house (the lady who's "taking care of them"). I'm guessing it was made somewhere between 1990 - to present time.

Number of posts : 334
    Location : The UK or if you prefer a basement in the middle of nowhere where I keep my pencil's and paper.
    Registration date : 2009-03-20

Post by Laughingcheese:) Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:33 pm

hmmmm...I've been looking at Movie's for september.....A films coming out called "Cloudy with a slight chance of meatballs"......Im sure that if I go to watch it Im going to be wasting my money...

I also wish a Phineas and Ferb film could be made...(or maybe a Wordgirl one?..no thats never gonna happen).
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:13 am

That's a post for the coming soon thread, not this thread.
    eeemeee
    eeemeee

Number of posts : 449

Post by eeemeee Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:06 am

Livyrosebud wrote:My plan for New Moon is to wear a shirt that says 'Edward does not dazzle me' and see how many fangirls scream at me. Very Happy

Livy! I want to know... did you make good on this plan? Razz

Anyways... I just watched the new Star Trek movie on Saturday (first time I'd seen anything Star Trek, actually Razz) and I thought it was awesome.
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:10 am

The new Star Trek movie is an utter disgrace to all of Star Trek, even to me, who is not a diehard Trekkie. I should state clearly here that my problem is not what it is as a movie. My problem is what it is as a Star Trek movie.

As a movie, it's got big flashy action sequences and isn't ultimately that bad, because those action sequences hold over the bad writing.

As a Star Trek movie, it completely reverses the standard in Star Trek movies from having 10/10 on writing and laughable production values, to being so full of CG that they're hoping you won't notice the D grade writing. I choose not to go on, because I'm hungry, but that's the basic gist of it.
    Crowfeather
    Crowfeather

Number of posts : 217
    Registration date : 2009-07-06

Post by Crowfeather Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:48 pm

I enjoyed Star Trek really, even though I'm not a Trekkie. The part where Kirk gets all those injections in his shoulder were hilarious. Especially when he got those big hands as a side-affect. I slept through the ending, so I don't know how it ended. What, I was tired!

I wanna see New Moon so badly. But I'm not on Team Edward or Team Jacob. I didn't read the book though. Heck, I didn't even finish reading Twilight! I got bored with it and watched the movie. 100 times better, well for me. So now I wanna see New Moon instead of reading it.
    Livyrosebud
    Livyrosebud

Number of posts : 253

Post by Livyrosebud Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:58 pm

Well eeemeee, unfortunatly I didn't have the time or money to buy or make the shirt. And my parents wouldn't buy it for me...made me very sad. Sad I'm asking for one for Christmas though, so I'll do that when Eclipse comes out. But I had fun with things anyways. During the wait in line me and some of my friends were getting tired of all the yelling and shouting so we yelled 'Twilight sucks!' as loud as possible. It actually quieted down for about thirty seconds. I was quite pleased. Very Happy

The movie itself...sucked. Boring as crap, and I can't believe how pathetic Bella was when Edward left...but I enjoyed making fun of it.
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:34 pm

Not just the movie; everything about the entire Twilight franchise is terrible. I don't care how popular it is, it is a pure fact that Twilight, the movies, the books, they all suck.
    PaFfanatic
    PaFfanatic

Number of posts : 136
    Registration date : 2009-08-01

Post by PaFfanatic Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:20 am

Roy, I agree, although I had to admit that I did enjoy the books somewhat. Just reading the books was enjoyable for me, but it's when they turned Twilight into a franchise that I definitely lost interest. That's one of many reasons I love Phineas and Ferb so much. It hasn't been overfranchised so much so that everyone hates it.
    tiggertine
    tiggertine

Number of posts : 456

Post by tiggertine Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:40 am

A few months ago, one of my aunts got me a 'I ♥️ Boys That Sparkle' shirt. Her reasoning? "Oh, I heard that Twilight show was big among girls your age."

I wear it to parties.
    eeemeee
    eeemeee

Post by eeemeee Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:53 am

Roy42 wrote:The new Star Trek movie is an utter disgrace to all of Star Trek, even to me, who is not a diehard Trekkie. I should state clearly here that my problem is not what it is as a movie. My problem is what it is as a Star Trek movie.

As a movie, it's got big flashy action sequences and isn't ultimately that bad, because those action sequences hold over the bad writing.

As a Star Trek movie, it completely reverses the standard in Star Trek movies from having 10/10 on writing and laughable production values, to being so full of CG that they're hoping you won't notice the D grade writing. I choose not to go on, because I'm hungry, but that's the basic gist of it.

Hmm... personally I thought it was written rather well. (And of course the special effects are going to be better than the other Star Trek movies, you silly goose. It's 2009, pretty much any movie goes nuts with special effects. Razz)

Now I haven't seen any of the other Star Trek films, but I watched it with my friend (who is a Trekkie... she showed me her lovely copy of the Klingon-English dictionary) and she loves it. According to her, they managed to tell a different story while not totally defiling all the canon from everything else, and paying homage to the original stuff. So... yeah.

Crowfeather wrote:I enjoyed Star Trek really, even though I'm not a Trekkie. The part where Kirk gets all those injections in his shoulder were hilarious. Especially when he got those big hands as a side-affect. I slept through the ending, so I don't know how it ended. What, I was tired!

Haha I loved that part. "Ow! Stop that!"

Livyrosebud wrote:Well eeemeee, unfortunatly I didn't have the time or money to buy or make the shirt. And my parents wouldn't buy it for me...made me very sad. Sad I'm asking for one for Christmas though, so I'll do that when Eclipse comes out. But I had fun with things anyways. During the wait in line me and some of my friends were getting tired of all the yelling and shouting so we yelled 'Twilight sucks!' as loud as possible. It actually quieted down for about thirty seconds. I was quite pleased. Very Happy

Awww... but congratulations on your considerable accomplishment of making a queue of rabid Twilight fans fall silent for a whole thirty seconds. Very Happy

Livyrosebud wrote:The movie itself...sucked. Boring as crap, and I can't believe how pathetic Bella was when Edward left...but I enjoyed making fun of it.

I haven't seen either movie, but according to my friends, Bella's expression never changes.

Most of my friends are also Team Edward when it comes to the books, but Team Jacob in the movies. They also agree that Edward and Bella's relationship is disturbingly unhealthy... but anyways...

tiggertine wrote:A few months ago, one of my aunts got me a 'I ♥️ Boys That Sparkle' shirt. Her reasoning? "Oh, I heard that Twilight show was big among girls your age."

I wear it to parties.

Have any boys sparkled for you yet? Razz

While we're on the subject of Twilight, I think it's a bit funny that one of the exchange students at my school is a die-hard Twilight fan. And Forks is only a few hours away from here. Needless to say, she visited. Razz
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:34 am

Yes, I'm sure you would think it was written well, however in comparison to the original Star Trek movies, the script is absolute shite. The first indication is, as your friend noted, the fact that it did everything it could to avoid continuity issues; good writers wouldn't need to do that, nor would they ever need to resort to using "fate" or "destiny" in their script.

Someone being a Trekkie means absolutely nothing about how much they know about good movies.
    eeemeee
    eeemeee

Post by eeemeee Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:44 am

Roy42 wrote:Yes, I'm sure you would think it was written well, however in comparison to the original Star Trek movies, the script is absolute shite. The first indication is, as your friend noted, the fact that it did everything it could to avoid continuity issues; good writers wouldn't need to do that, nor would they ever need to resort to using "fate" or "destiny" in their script.

Ah, but the beauty of removing the continuity issues is that they can tell a story without being restricted in any way by what's already been established. And when the canon is as big as Star Trek's... well, I heard that watching every bit of Star Trek canon takes something like 22 days, 19 hours, and 5 minutes. Razz

Also, as far as I can remember they only mentioned "fate and destiny"-ish things when explaining that this was supposed to be a totally different timeline. Wasn't actually important.

Roy42 wrote:Someone being a Trekkie means absolutely nothing about how much they know about good movies

Perhaps not (though she's also a movie and theatre buff), but speaking about this particular movie, considering who the target audience is, I think it gives her credibility.
    Crowfeather
    Crowfeather

Number of posts : 217
    Registration date : 2009-07-06

Post by Crowfeather Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:02 pm

eeemeee wrote:
    Now I haven't seen any of the other Star Trek films, but I watched it with my friend (who is a Trekkie... she showed me her lovely copy of the Klingon-English dictionary) and she loves it. According to her, they managed to tell a different story while not totally defiling all the canon from everything else, and paying homage to the original stuff. So... yeah.

Ha, I can't believe she has a Klingon-English dictionary! My aunt is a total Trekkie. She used to go to all the Star Trek Conventions that we thought she became a Klingon afterwards. =D

Number of posts : 334
    Location : The UK or if you prefer a basement in the middle of nowhere where I keep my pencil's and paper.

Post by Laughingcheese:) Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:28 pm

Star Trek..I can't say I'm much of a fan..but I have watched some episodes..so I don't think I'd be able to tell if the film wreaks the series

And the twilight franchise thing?....I went to the cinema a couple of weeks ago to watch "9"...and all..YES ALL..of the display cabinets holding up posters were TWILIGHT!..uh..not what I wanted to see....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 10:13 am