The Phineas and Ferb Community Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics

» Hihi - Introduce Yourself
The Chronicles of Meap EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 11:49 pm by eeemeee

» FanFiction
The Chronicles of Meap EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 8:01 am by Roy42

» Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension
The Chronicles of Meap EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 10:15 pm by CoffeeFlavord

» (Fic) Snow Dungeon
The Chronicles of Meap EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:46 am by CoffeeFlavord

» Perry/Doofenshmirtz
The Chronicles of Meap EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:36 am by CoffeeFlavord

» Candace Disconnected
The Chronicles of Meap EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 7:57 pm by CoffeeFlavord

» Where did everybody go?
The Chronicles of Meap EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 5:26 am by Noellicorn

» Spongebob ?!?
The Chronicles of Meap EmptyMon May 16, 2011 2:20 am by digigirl02

» Just A Quick Question
The Chronicles of Meap EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 3:59 am by Roy42

+15
DjangoKatie
Phinebellafan
Dr. Doofenshmirtz
agentpfan
Laughingcheese:)
IamThePlatypus
Crystal
ChimneyVator
eeemeee
Livyrosebud
tiggertine
phineasavatar1
BigNeerav
Experiment630
Roy42
19 posters

The Chronicles of Meap

Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Number of posts : 1351
    Registration date : 2009-03-01

The Chronicles of Meap Empty The Chronicles of Meap

Post by Roy42 Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:55 am

It's another average, logic defying day for Phineas and Ferb, until a crashed space pod, carrying an unbearably cute alien, Meap, thrusts the boys into another adventure in space! Everyone has a different role to play, while Candace holds on to Meap by accident, Ferb is fixing up the ship, as Phineas uses the new cute tracker to find where their new friend is, to the slight irritation of Isabella, as he can't get what *cough* is causing cute interference, but of course, it all has to lead up to the big explosive finale in SPACE -ace-ace. Meanwhile, Doofenshmirtz has a new plan, simplistic in nature, but buried in an avalanche of backstory, oh dears.

Share your thoughts on this episode.
    Experiment630
    Experiment630

Number of posts : 21
    Registration date : 2009-04-13

The Chronicles of Meap Empty Re: The Chronicles of Meap

Post by Experiment630 Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:06 am

From Ferb zooming around in a space ship to Doofenshmirtz dressed in an outfit made of socks, it was awesome. The song...eh. I didn't care much about it.

The Ferb/Vanessa relationship rears its li'l head in the episode. Plus lots of moments where Isabella is trying to get Phineas to say that she's cute.

All in all, the episode's adorable.

Favorite quote:
    "Well, it occurs to me that perhaps not all of the modifications are technically 'street legal'."
    BigNeerav

Number of posts : 699

Post by BigNeerav Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:51 pm

I can say that I really liked this episode. I have been anticipating this episode for about a week now. This was a terrific episode from start to finish. This can definitely go down as one of the better episodes of Season 2.

The whole Isabella interfering with Phineas' "cute detector" was funny.......I really thought Isabella was trying to flirt/hit on Phineas and try to get him to recognize her cuteness. Too bad Phineas is still oblivious to the fact that Isabella has a MASSIVE crush on him.

The best part of the episode was Ferb souping up Meap's spacecraft and taking it for a ride. Of all of the lines that Ferb has spoken since the series "Phineas and Ferb" started, Ferb hitting on Vanessa in the episode with the line "Diggin this ride from outer space" and then riding off back to space, to the shock and amusement of Vanessa was absolutely hilarious.

The only unfortunate part about this episode was that well, Mitch did not seem as evil, per say. I was hoping that Phineas, Ferb and Isabella would be trapped in a cage (or a force field of sorts) until Candace and Meap comes and rescues them (imagines Phineas yelling at Mitch to let them go). Other than being a "poacher" (as Isabella mentioned), Mitch, like Dr. Doofenschmirtz, did not seem very evil, just corny. And speaking of Dr. Doofenschmirtz........I found his trying to tell the backstories funny, but really, he did all that work (buying carpet and dressing up in a funny costume) just so he can get back a balloon that he lost like a gazillion years ago? I don't know.

That is all for now. If I remember anything else about this episode that I want to mention, I will sure to say it here. And finally........

Note to earthlings: NEVER get involved in interstellar affairs! You could get yourself killed.
    phineasavatar1
    phineasavatar1

Number of posts : 126
    Registration date : 2009-04-07

Post by phineasavatar1 Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:37 pm

Absolutely the best episode I've ever watched! Finally, an ep to beat The Lake Nose Monster.

Anyways, back to the episode. I've got to say, the Phinbella in this episode had me laughing so hard. Isabella was truly sassy, and trying to flirt with Phineas. Plus, he actually said that she was way to cute for his cute-a-meter to handle!!!

Doofenshmirtz and his back stories....sigh... BEST STUFF EVER!! lol! OMG, his lines on Balloony were perfect, and the ever-so-funny multiple back stories, like the ocilites part! What was that even about?! lol

Ferb was just so amazing in this episode. Best lines ever, and when he drove by Vanessa I laughed so hard. But the best line of his was "Well, some of the modifications I made to the ship weren't very 'street legal.'" lol

Seriously, though, this has to be a 100/10 episode to me, the writers just never cease to amaze me....
    tiggertine
    tiggertine

Number of posts : 456
    Registration date : 2009-03-20

Post by tiggertine Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:48 pm

I loved the ET reference with Candace's flying bike. xD
    BigNeerav

Post by BigNeerav Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:11 pm

There was also another "Star Wars" reference when Ferb, in that episode said "That's no cloud. That's a space station"

The original quote from Star Wars Episode 4: "A New Hope" spoken by Obi-Wan Kenobi when he was refering to the Death Star: "That's no moon. It's a space station"
    Livyrosebud
    Livyrosebud

Number of posts : 253

Post by Livyrosebud Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:37 pm

And also the "I am NOT your father!" thing. I loved the episode as well. Ferb was just plain awesome (not that he wasn't already)
    eeemeee
    eeemeee

Number of posts : 449

Post by eeemeee Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:40 pm

I'm not even gonna try to list everything I loved about this episode, though I will say that Ferb's air quotes, and his flirting with Vanessa were absolutely hilarious! (Though I wish he'd said his line to Vanessa in his British accent, that would've been AMAZING! But oh well, you can't have everything.)

Also, I liked the mustache translator... hehehe.
    ChimneyVator
    ChimneyVator

Number of posts : 238
    Registration date : 2009-04-11

Post by ChimneyVator Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:45 pm

I loooove that Ferb finally got away from Phineas long enough to catch the spotliht; that Ferb/Vanessa moment was priceless! He's such a heartbreaker! (But what about that guy from "Dude, We're Getting the Band Back Together?)

I thought that Isabella was just a touch too sassy for her own good. Does she need somoene to achknowledge just how cute she is? I liked her better when she was kicking Buford's butt, but that's just me.
    BigNeerav

Post by BigNeerav Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:05 pm

I think it is pretty much agreed here that this episode was one of Ferb's best moments, if not for Season 2, but since "Phineas and Ferb" first aired. We really got to see Ferb in his true form, from being a mechanical genius to a flirt. I have a greater admiration for Ferb as a character than I have had in previous episodes of "Phineas and Ferb". I cannot stop thinking of the scene where Ferb repairs and test drives Meap's spaceship. That was the best scene of the whole episode.
    phineasavatar1
    phineasavatar1

Post by phineasavatar1 Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:22 am

I think we've exausted that Ferb is awesome, lol, even though he really was. There were so many pop-cultural references in this ep, and there were also many other great parts too. My favorite is Isabella trying to get Phineas to admit he thinks she's cute.

And, ChimneyVator, I think you were misunderstanding Isabella in this ep. She wasn't being narcissistic, she was just trying to get Phineas to acknowledge her cuteness, and was sassy because she was getting a bit tired of his obliviousness.
    Crystal
    Crystal

Number of posts : 4

Post by Crystal Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:29 am

Hey, I’m back and here to comment on this episode. A few things...

- The whole spaceship scene with Ferb, well yeah it was awesome. I can't quite believe they put in another Ferb and Vanessa moment. To be honest I wasn't betting on them even seeing each other, ever again.

- Doofenshmirtz balloon was pretty creepy, I thought anyway ;O. The face was just a tad scary.

- Forget Meap or Isabella, Fuzzball Perry was the cutest thing in the episode by far Very Happy
    BigNeerav

Post by BigNeerav Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:08 am

phineasavatar1 wrote:I think we've exausted that Ferb is awesome, lol, even though he really was. There were so many pop-cultural references in this ep, and there were also many other great parts too. My favorite is Isabella trying to get Phineas to admit he thinks she's cute.

And, ChimneyVator, I think you were misunderstanding Isabella in this ep. She wasn't being narcissistic, she was just trying to get Phineas to acknowledge her cuteness, and was sassy because she was getting a bit tired of his obliviousness.
    Yeah. As for Isabella, I agree with phineasavatar1. Isabella was not being narcissistic, jut wanted Phineas to notice how cute she was. Too bad for Isabella, he didn't notice.
    phineasavatar1
    phineasavatar1

Post by phineasavatar1 Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:21 am

Actually, he did. He told her she was too cute for the Cute-O-Meter to handle, FTW!
    BigNeerav

Post by BigNeerav Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:30 am

Oh yeah, and he adjusted the settings accordigly on his cute detector to account for Isabella's cutenesss (before he broke it).
    tiggertine
    tiggertine

Number of posts : 456

Post by tiggertine Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:41 am

I pretty much concur with everything Crystal said. (Oh, and welcome back!)

Yeah, that episode was just chock-full of sci-fi references (to you guys on here that like that kind of thing, hehe.) I thought the "that's no .... that's a space station" thing sounded a bit familiar. ;P

"My best friend is Perry the Platypus!"...that made my day. I ship those two as friends, does that make any sense at all? Or is 'ship' not the right word? xD

....and now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to have nightmares about Balloony.
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:57 am

I think the problem with Ballooney is best expressed with the Uncanny Valley.
    Experiment630
    Experiment630

Number of posts : 21
    Registration date : 2009-04-13

Post by Experiment630 Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:37 am

I actually ignored Ballooney, but now that I look at it again...it will give me nightmares yet I want to draw it so badly.
    BigNeerav

Post by BigNeerav Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:22 pm

I found the whole Ballooney thing umm........strange. I understand the childhood attachement to a ballooon, but as an adult? Too bad for Doofenschmirtz, like that lady she was dating in "Chez Platypus", the balloon dumped him.
    eeemeee
    eeemeee

Number of posts : 449

Post by eeemeee Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:57 am

tiggertine wrote:I pretty much concur with everything Crystal said. (Oh, and welcome back!)

Yeah, that episode was just chock-full of sci-fi references (to you guys on here that like that kind of thing, hehe.) I thought the "that's no .... that's a space station" thing sounded a bit familiar. ;P

"My best friend is Perry the Platypus!"...that made my day. I ship those two as friends, does that make any sense at all? Or is 'ship' not the right word? xD

....and now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to have nightmares about Balloony.

And I concur with everything Tiggertine said (including the part about concurring with everything Crystal said.) I forgot about the "my best friend is Perry the Platypus" thing... how heartwarming! Very Happy And Fuzzball Perry was way cuter than Meap, sorry, but he was. Very Happy

And Balloony/Colin, hehehe. He did look rather scary, now that I think about it. Now I'm imagining him just floating there, staring at me... ugh. pale
    IamThePlatypus
    IamThePlatypus

Number of posts : 232
    Registration date : 2009-04-06

Post by IamThePlatypus Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:39 am

Hooray! I finally have time to actually sit down and give my dish about this episode! (Hooray once more! ...even though I should be working on my term paper due tomorrow. Oh well this is clearly more important.)

Interesting to note, as one who uploads the new eps on YouTube, this episode has gotten more attention more quickly (more watches, comments, favorites) than any other episode of season 2 thus far. Overall it likely rivals Phineas and Ferb Get Busted! for attention.

Once more I had to watch this episode TWICE to really enjoy it, I suppose maybe I'm to critical of episodes the first time through, or maybe it was because I was watching it on YouTube after I'd uploaded it for the first time, and my computer has terrible speakers, and I watching it with my suitemates who don't always laugh at the jokes instead of my family, who laugh REALLY loud at EVERY SINGLE joke - my Dad makes me laugh even when I don't get the joke. XD

Anyway, I should get around to saying something productive now instead of just rambling.

This episode had SO many pop culture jokes that I absolutely LOVED it! Between the Star Wars jokes and random one-liners I was almost dying! The song was pretty sweet, and I agree with everyone, it was AWESOME that Ferb finally got his moment in the spotlight. I also thought it was funny the other things Ferb had to suffer through in this episode - for instance when Phineas had him strapped to the thing and kept motioning toward Isabella and he went flying off! Too funny!

Definitely some cute stuff with Phineas and Isabella in there - in the YouTube comments lots of people have been saying stuff about Phinabella. I, personally, find Isabella kind of annoying, one of my roommates cannot stand it whenever she says, "Whacha doin'?" But I suppose the way CandacexJeremy has been excelling, it's about time for some interaction between Phineas and Isabella - even if Phineas is still oblivious, at least he acknowledges Isabella is cute, if just on a scientific level. ;0)

The Perry Doof part, meh, it was okay. All the tangled backstory was hilarious, and now we know that Doof's parents disowned him at one point and he was being raised by a family of ocelots. XD Balloony was DEFINITELY creepy, but Perry was really cute all puff-balled up, so that might kind of make up for it. Meap was super-cute too.

I agree that it would have been kind of nice if Mitch was a little more intense of a villain, if he had actually locked up the kids somewhere instead of letting them wander around and have fun, but I think that would have wandered a little too far from the light-hearted and happy nature of the show. But I do hope they have a couple of more serious episodes, like the sadness I felt during "Phineas and Ferb Get Busted" when Phineas couldn't tell Ferb what they were doing today... I kept waiting for an emotional moment like that in this ep, but one never came.

This episode was really awesome though! 10/10!

Meap!

(Edit: Holy frick I wrote a novel! XD)
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:29 am

Ferb's moment in the spotlight was a definite plus for the episode, as for Big Mitch, I think he really is evil, he just wasn't really able to get the severity of that fact through to Phineas, Ferb and Isabella.

Number of posts : 334
    Location : The UK or if you prefer a basement in the middle of nowhere where I keep my pencil's and paper.

Post by Laughingcheese:) Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:28 pm

I must say i love big mitch's moustache.It must be me with my werid obsession with cartoon moustaches but he looks evil maybe more evil than doofy? i dont know...( i hope not) Evil or Very Mad
    BigNeerav

Post by BigNeerav Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:59 pm

Both Mitch and Doofy for some reason do not seem evil at all, nor do they act evil enough to make people scared of them. I was hoping that Mitch would trap Phineas, Ferb and Isabella behind a cage or a force field, after which, Meap and Candace had to break them out. Now that would have been exciting, at least to me. Ferb, as I already mentioned before in this thread, was at his best and really got a good showing. This episode ("Chez Platypus" and "Got Game") makes me look forward to seeing new episodes when they air.
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:22 am

Like I've said, Big Mitch really is evil, Phineas Ferb and Isabella, like he said, "Just don't get it."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 6:42 am