The Phineas and Ferb Community Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics

» Hihi - Introduce Yourself
Phineas and ferb are misunderstood!!!! - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 11:49 pm by eeemeee

» FanFiction
Phineas and ferb are misunderstood!!!! - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 8:01 am by Roy42

» Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension
Phineas and ferb are misunderstood!!!! - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 10:15 pm by CoffeeFlavord

» (Fic) Snow Dungeon
Phineas and ferb are misunderstood!!!! - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:46 am by CoffeeFlavord

» Perry/Doofenshmirtz
Phineas and ferb are misunderstood!!!! - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:36 am by CoffeeFlavord

» Candace Disconnected
Phineas and ferb are misunderstood!!!! - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 7:57 pm by CoffeeFlavord

» Where did everybody go?
Phineas and ferb are misunderstood!!!! - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 5:26 am by Noellicorn

» Spongebob ?!?
Phineas and ferb are misunderstood!!!! - Page 3 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 2:20 am by digigirl02

» Just A Quick Question
Phineas and ferb are misunderstood!!!! - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 3:59 am by Roy42

+17
Crowfeather
Ferbelle
Giordano
TheFraggable74
Helouise
PaFfanatic
LillyCrystal
phineasfletcher
ChatterBox
Livyrosebud
eeemeee
IamThePlatypus
ChimneyVator
Roy42
BigNeerav
tiggertine
Laughingcheese:)
21 posters

Phineas and ferb are misunderstood!!!!

Number of posts : 334
    Location : The UK or if you prefer a basement in the middle of nowhere where I keep my pencil's and paper.
    Registration date : 2009-03-20

Phineas and ferb are misunderstood!!!! - Page 3 Empty Phineas and ferb are misunderstood!!!!

Post by Laughingcheese:) Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:27 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hi Laughingcheese here and i would just like to discuss why people think phineas and ferb is a "babY" program.I am really fed up of people/whatever you want to call them accusing phineas and ferb of being childish and silly.This annoys me because i know for a fact that this is not true but why do people believe this? Is it the fact that the agent p/dr doofenshmirtz plot is too simliar to kim possible?,is it the fact that phineas and ferb are children themselves?,or is it the "new" age of children who want to watch stuff like hannah montana?.I think that politley asking this question might make other people find that phineas and ferb is great!!!! ( sorry i sound like that frosties tiger)............(sorry if this topics in the wrong place as i have been searching where to put it)

Phineas and ferb are misunderstood!!!! - Page 3 180px-Perry_Doofenshmirtz_Zinc_Foil

ChatterBox

Number of posts : 327
    Registration date : 2009-08-02

Phineas and ferb are misunderstood!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Phineas and ferb are misunderstood!!!!

Post by ChatterBox Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:27 am

I wasn't saying that I liked her? And second, you took the words straight out of my mouth... almost... but still, it's hard telling how I'm going to word stuff and it's pretty much near impossible to word something the same way I would.

Anyhoo, people shaped like letters in the alphabet is much better than blue midgets running around... okay, the Smurfs were amazing, but just because Ferb doesn't have blue skin doesn't mean he's not epic, and just because Doofenshmirtz doesn't live in the prehistoric age doesn't mean he's not incredibly awesome. This is one thing that's a problem with my parents, they believe (or want to believe) that all TV shows are crap nowadays (which most of them are as exception to P+F). And in the case of other people, they are just so arogant to think that just because it's on the channel where only the most ridicolous shows dwell it automatically makes this one's ridicolous too when it isn't!
    BigNeerav

Number of posts : 699
    Registration date : 2009-03-01

Phineas and ferb are misunderstood!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Phineas and ferb are misunderstood!!!!

Post by BigNeerav Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:31 am

No, not by any means. I just can't stand her! I don't see what is not to like about the show.......it is fun, is is creative, it is funny and adventurous, and at times, can teach vaulable lessons. This show is popular with both kids and adults of all ages. Just because it is a cartoon show doesn't mean it is childish.
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Number of posts : 1351

Post by Roy42 Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:34 am

BigNeerav wrote:No, not by any means. I just can't stand her! I don't see what is not to like about the show.......it is fun, is is creative, it is funny and adventurous, and at times, can teach vaulable lessons. This show is popular with both kids and adults of all ages. Just because it is a cartoon show doesn't mean it is childish.

No, it does provide teaching in every episode, the biggest thing that sets it apart, even from other 90s shows, is that it packs what would usually be a full episode to explain the lesson like "Don't run away from home" "Play nice" or whatever, into a single line, example:

"They're the only mammals to lay eggs"

"Nothing starts off the day like some breakfast and some education."
    BigNeerav

Post by BigNeerav Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:38 am

I should have known you would put those quotes in there. But seriously, the reason why I got hooked onto the show "Phineas and Ferb" is because it is a fun show to watch, with great characters adn storylines. In fact, other than the news, some game shows and the occasional weather forecast, this is the only show I watch and really look forward to watching.
    ChatterBox
    ChatterBox

Number of posts : 327
    Registration date : 2009-08-02

Post by ChatterBox Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:52 am

Okay, this may be a bit late to say but I was speaking of 'Hannah Montanna' being "the show that doesn't even deserve to be seen by the public, to be cruely tormented, and hated by all sane person on the planet anyhow". P+F is most definetly NOT that! Everything I think I've said about the show was intended to be good, deifferent story for 'Hannah Montanna' though.
    BigNeerav

Post by BigNeerav Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:14 am

Not just Hannah Montana, but Jonas as well. I hate shows about popstars. A cartoon about two inventive brothers who want to make the best out of every day of thier summer vacation is way cooler, in my opinion.
    Helouise
    Helouise

Number of posts : 35
    Registration date : 2009-08-03

Post by Helouise Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:10 pm

As an avid cartoon-lover, this problem comes along with almost every cartoon there is... unless it's the Simpsons or Family Guy, because they're big cash cows for Fox.

Despite this, Phineas & Ferb has so far (to me) been the closest to be promoted as a show for everyone, since right before its premiere over here, all the networks would announce it right before other programs as "Coming Soon - From co-creators and workers of The Simpsons and Family Guy!"

P&F has everything. A smart and unique plot, fun and distinctive voice actors, fun colorful animation, iconic characters and some sharp wit. But because it's a cartoon running on DC, I think the wit tends to fly over peoples heads because of their relations with cartoons being for kids only.

After Rocko's Modern Life, a lot of cartoons become less edgy, which was unfortunate... because most people who DON'T watch cartoons today remember Rocko's Modern Life as being the most edgiest and hilarious cartoon in the world, and then they saw the downfall of this in cartoons.

It wasn't until after 2000 that the edge was brought back into shows like Billy & Mandy, Spongebob, Invader Zim, et.c. And the kids growing up with Rocko's Modern Life had at that time moved on

Location : The UK or if you prefer a basement in the middle of nowhere where I keep my pencil's and paper.

Post by Laughingcheese:) Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:33 pm

I think it all come's down to sticking to the channel's roots.I mean I heard a while ago Cartoon Network are going to put up reality living shows (I mean real actors). I was shocked... Cartoon means cartoons not blinking real actors with crummy jokes.Also disney used to be full of cartoons..now it's lucky if one every year comes on that channel. (excluding Phineas and Ferb)
    BigNeerav

Post by BigNeerav Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:06 pm

Laughingcheese:) wrote:I think it all come's down to sticking to the channel's roots.I mean I heard a while ago Cartoon Network are going to put up reality living shows (I mean real actors). I was shocked... Cartoon means cartoons not blinking real actors with crummy jokes.Also disney used to be full of cartoons..now it's lucky if one every year comes on that channel. (excluding Phineas and Ferb)
    Really? That is interesting. Why would they do that?

You know, I miss the old Disney, where they showed more cartoons than they do live action. If people are still looking for a good cartoon show, then "Phineas and Ferb" fits the bill, nad I think it is a cartoon that anyone, regardless of age, will enjoy.

Post by Laughingcheese:) Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:53 pm

Yes your right! Phineas and Ferb is a perfect example of a great cartoon show at the moment.There is a problem though...many of the cartoon's that are on still have bad jokes and stuff, e.g My gym partner's a monkey.These sort of cartoons give other's bad impressions and that is why "baby-ish" behaviour is thought when someone mentions cartoons.
    Helouise
    Helouise

Number of posts : 35
    Registration date : 2009-08-03

Post by Helouise Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:13 pm

At least Chowder's still going strong Very Happy I love that show, and I used to -email back and forth with Greenblatt right before it got greenlit, so it's been fun following the show's progress

Another great show is Mighty B! by Amy Poehler, it has some amazing animation, good VA's and a lot of humor

Allthough I think P&F is far greater than them combined, they're still good contributions
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:20 pm

Yaya, if you'd like to talk about those shows, please remember to talk about them in the TV shows forum, not here.
    TheFraggable74
    TheFraggable74

Number of posts : 86
    Registration date : 2009-09-22

Post by TheFraggable74 Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:01 pm

I've never gotten any real crap from people from liking PaF. It seems pretty common around here that everyone either likes it or doesn't watch it. I've heard no one say "It sucks." or anything like that. The worst thing I've heard about it is "I don't like their heads." I haven't been insulted once though, by the circles of people that I've ever had any conversation about it with. Sure, a good amount of them are female, but it's pretty much universally agreed in my class that PaF is either okay, good, or awesome. Well, from who I've talked to anyways.
    Giordano
    Giordano

Number of posts : 15
    Registration date : 2010-03-01

Post by Giordano Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:05 am

I consider Phineas and Ferb the best show of the last decade, I have no doubt about that. As a kid I thought it would be awesome to be a cartoon show producer and director but I lost that faith as today's cartoons started showing up. With P+F, my faith in cartoons has been relived!

The problem with today's cartoons and shows, is that they're too teenage-drama'd oriented. I don't want to re-live cliche problems when I watch TV: I want to watch new, unique, and clever plots and characters. Some shows were trying to stay off the "teenage drama" crap but were pulled back into it, others just started out as it and failed horribly.

I think it's just the fact that producers don't want to take risks so they stick with that works (teenage drama).

Phineas and Ferb don't even get close to that which is why its one of the best cartoons I've ever seen.
    Ferbelle

Number of posts : 78
    Registration date : 2009-09-04

Post by Ferbelle Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:57 am

OK so yes I totally understand! Poeple think PnF's for kids, but they'rs soooo NOT!
    ALL my friends thought it was weird at first (some still do and some I haven't told) but now most of them LOVE it! People are quick to judge, it's not fair! If people just take time to watch it and accept it, you see it's an all age group show! Very Happy
    Crowfeather
    Crowfeather

Number of posts : 217
    Registration date : 2009-07-06

Post by Crowfeather Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:47 pm

When I watched my first Phineas and Ferb episode, I thoguht it was really, really weird. It was "Dude, We're Getting The Band Back Together". Bad episode to start with, but my friend forced me to. I'm so jealous of her now cuz she watched "Rollercoaster" the day it aired and I'm a WAY bigger PaF addict than her now! At least it wasn't the worst episode to start with. My other friend started on "Phineas and Ferb Get Busted!"

After a couple of months of watching the show, my mom decided to watch it with me and instantly fell in love with Perry. My dad didn't know the show existed at the time, but when I got the Disney Channel Playlist CD and played "Gitchee, Gitchee, Goo" nonstop in the boat, he couldn't get it out of his head. Then when I got the Phineas and Ferb Soundtrack, he had all of them stuck in his head. So now he watches it with us every time a new one comes out. In other words, he fell in love with the songs. His fav is "Truck Drivin' Girl". She's a tire-spinning, gear-grinding, clutch-burning, back-firing, paint-trading, red-lining, over-heating, throttle-stomping, truck driving girl!" He wants me to teach that to him. Smile
    PaFfanatic
    PaFfanatic

Number of posts : 136
    Registration date : 2009-08-01

Post by PaFfanatic Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:10 am

Hm, that was the first episode I watched also. I loved it from the start. I will admit though, when I first heard of the show in '07, I thought "Oh great, another crappy cartoon". Boy, was I wrong! First impressions can definitely be deceiving.

On a completely different note, I think the show is getting a lot more popular now. Before, I was the only one who liked the show. Now, my sister, my uncle, all my cousins, and a bunch of my friends watch the show, and they all love it. My parents don't like it that much, though. My dad is probably the better one, as he only teases me about it a little. My dad will actually watch the show with me though. He even thought it was pretty funny. My mom, on the other hand, can't stand the show, even though she's never seen it in her life. Seriously.
    Crowfeather
    Crowfeather

Post by Crowfeather Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:43 pm

A family friend of our's called Phineas "Dorito Head". I bit his arm for saying that. Smile

Then again, calling him that helps Dad remember him.
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 am

*whistles* On topic, people.
    Crowfeather
    Crowfeather

Post by Crowfeather Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:42 am

Ah, sorry.

There's only been one kid at my school who doesn't appreciate Phineas and Ferb. Weird, yet awesome, thing is that his mother LOVES the show. She has her own Perry plush and messaged me on Facebook saying she loves my Perry costume! Good woman. There need to be more adults like that. Mom read reviews online (?) and it said that some parents could like the show without the Perry/Doof sub-plot, but Mom would die if they did. Although they do appreciate "Squirrels In My Pants" and Mom can't stand it. Dad loves it.

I want more adults and such to like the show more than kids right now since it already took them over. We need that in the world!
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:24 am

Adults are already going to enjoy the show fully the second they appreciate the hidden complexity on all fronts. Phineas and Ferb got lucky shots at me for airing immediately after High School Musical 2 and making the one scene shown during the premier of "Will you hold it down…" not pathetic, although it was basically being marketed as "Ashley Tisdale's new show". Plus, at that point in time, the remote was broken and standing up was a requisite of seeing different things, and I had had a hard day.

Anyway, I don't think there were any other adults that were giving it a chance from day one, but they don't need convincing any more than watching one episode of the show and having it recommended by someone who knows what the hell they're talking about.

Adults are in love with it already, even if they don't know it; those who are almost adults, mentally and/or physically are, as with everything, in a state of flux and tweens who aren't in love with it aren't going to start anytime soon, if Hannah has anything to say about it.

Young children. Kids who would have been the ones in focus testing that believed Phineas and Ferb to be at their age are the ones that need to be introduced to it, if they haven't. It's a relatively easy task, with the aforementioned part of adults already enjoying the show, which can help them get into it.

What they love and enjoy is what they will pass on. The New Silent Generation is pathetic, and there's no point in trying to help them understand basic concepts of humanity and social conduct, much less what's good and what isn't in media. If they hate it, they'll hate it forever, and all that you can do to keep what they enjoy without knowing why they enjoy it from virally affecting the world for too many years longer is to go one step further, and plant the seeds in the minds of children that are looking for guidance.

Still, for all my talking, it's probably all useless anyway. Besides, having grown up with Looney Tunes and Tom and Jerry, and now owning them, I really don't care what poisons the world. It'd just be nice if something new that's almost on par with the ultimate gold standards of all cartoons in the world is alive for as long as possible.
    phinbellaforeva4
    phinbellaforeva4

Number of posts : 38
    Registration date : 2010-02-28

Post by phinbellaforeva4 Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:36 am

Oh my Gosh, this thread was made for me:

Every day I go to school and I get made fun of because I am fourteen and love this show. The most recent was a few days ago. I was talking to a friend about my ''tour project'', and the guy sitting next to me asked what we were talking about. I answered him so he would stop annoying me, and after that he started making jokes about me and telling everyone what i wanted for the show. Then he called it so stupid and that other crap. Now, after this, he made fun of the show's name, changing Phineas in the title to a word beginning with a P I'm sure I can't put here. I tried to explain that it is even better than Spongebob on some occasions, and I got laughed at. Later, how childish is this? He took the ''secret language'' from Diary of a Wimpy Kid'', and went something like this. ''Phineas ba and Ferb ba are stupid ba.'' And I almost punched him, but you know what? Sitting here, I realize how proud I am to like this amazing show, and if he doesn't like it, then keep it to yourself.
    KLCI
    KLCI

Number of posts : 30
    Registration date : 2009-11-14

Post by KLCI Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:04 am

Interesting thread. It seems that almost every cartoon that isn't strictly teen or adult oriented will get branded a "little kid's show" by some people, most of the time for no good reason. From what I have observed, many of the people who think this way seem to think that an adult should not enjoy the same cartoons that children can enjoy, of course, this way of thinking is completely idiotic.

Despite those who misunderstand P&F, from what I have seen, they are greatly outnumbered by those who appreciate the show. I'm starting to see references to it all over the internet. It's particularly huge in a forum I visit daily that is all about the Disney Theme Parks and attractions in Orlando, FL (no surprise there), but I have also seen references to the show on a forum or two that have nothing to do with Disney or P&F. These weren't forums that were populated by children or teens either.

From what I've read, it's doing much better than the Disney executives had ever fathomed too. With all the new merchandise coming out and the possibility of costumed versions of the characters even appearing in Disney Theme Parks in the future, it seems P&F have proven those nay-sayers who "misunderstood" the show wrong.
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:12 pm

phinbellaforeva4 wrote:Now, after this, he made fun of the show's name, changing Phineas in the title to a word beginning with a P I'm sure I can't put here.

I will accept certain boundaries of language, so long as members can behave maturely about the language, i.e not like an Xbox LIVE troll who uses the two most egregious of swears in place of any coherent thought.
    phinbellaforeva4
    phinbellaforeva4

Number of posts : 38
    Registration date : 2010-02-28

Post by phinbellaforeva4 Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:35 pm

^Okay, then it that case, and these are NOT my words, I am just repeating what was said by this kid:

''...It's so stupid. Only little kids watch penis [which replaced Phineas in the title] and Ferb.''

That got me so mad I almost screamed at him. Again, those were NOT my words.
    PaFfanatic
    PaFfanatic

Number of posts : 136
    Registration date : 2009-08-01

Post by PaFfanatic Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:14 pm

phinbellaforeva4 wrote: Only little kids watch penis [which replaced Phineas in the title] and Ferb.''

Wow, the maturity level of some guys continues to astound me.... He needs to grow up!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 11:10 am