The Phineas and Ferb Community Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics

» Hihi - Introduce Yourself
Oh, There You Are, Perry EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 11:49 pm by eeemeee

» FanFiction
Oh, There You Are, Perry EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 8:01 am by Roy42

» Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension
Oh, There You Are, Perry EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 10:15 pm by CoffeeFlavord

» (Fic) Snow Dungeon
Oh, There You Are, Perry EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:46 am by CoffeeFlavord

» Perry/Doofenshmirtz
Oh, There You Are, Perry EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:36 am by CoffeeFlavord

» Candace Disconnected
Oh, There You Are, Perry EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 7:57 pm by CoffeeFlavord

» Where did everybody go?
Oh, There You Are, Perry EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 5:26 am by Noellicorn

» Spongebob ?!?
Oh, There You Are, Perry EmptyMon May 16, 2011 2:20 am by digigirl02

» Just A Quick Question
Oh, There You Are, Perry EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 3:59 am by Roy42

+8
eeemeee
agentpfan
tiggertine
PhineasFerbTones
IamThePlatypus
phineasavatar1
BigNeerav
Roy42
12 posters

Oh, There You Are, Perry

Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Number of posts : 1351
    Registration date : 2009-03-01

Oh, There You Are, Perry Empty Oh, There You Are, Perry

Post by Roy42 Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:36 am

Well it was going to happen eventually…Perry has to be relocated! Doofenshmirtz is just too much of a minor threat, compared to The Regurgitator. But does the new evil villain really bother Heinz that much? Meanwhile, Phineas and Ferb are distraught, they'll do anything it takes to find Perry, even if it comes down to…music!

Share your thoughts on this episode.
    BigNeerav

Number of posts : 699

Oh, There You Are, Perry Empty Re: Oh, There You Are, Perry

Post by BigNeerav Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:45 pm

This episode is one of the few episodes in Season 2 that I would love to watch over and over again. The scene where Perry looked through the window to see Phineas sad when he said that "he would be devastated should anything happen to Perry" almost made me cry.

I found the villan, "The Reguritator" to be corny, though he did seem more dangerous than Dr. D (the joke that Karl made was hilarious). Poor Dr. D had to be the Regurgitator's b**** before he and Perry kicked butt.

The ending is what really made the episode whole, with the song "Perry the Extraordinary". The song, Phineas running up and hugging Perry and Candace saying "welcome home" did make me cry at the end.
    phineasavatar1
    phineasavatar1

Number of posts : 126
    Registration date : 2009-04-07

Post by phineasavatar1 Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:03 pm

Yeah, I really liked this episode. Also, I know it was just a sweat moment for the boys and Perry, but did anyone catch the subtle Phinbella reference when they reconcile with perry? Isabella TOTALLY hugs Phineas!! They probably didn't mean it by that, but, honestly, it doesn't matter to me! Razz
    IamThePlatypus
    IamThePlatypus

Number of posts : 232
    Registration date : 2009-04-06

Post by IamThePlatypus Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:36 am

Hahaha, yeah a lot of discussion on YouTube surrounding the song is the fact that Isabella latches onto Phineas there. XD

I really enjoyed this episode, and I said "Awwwwww Sad" a lot this episode. Perry being relocated was SOOOO sad, and how the boys were so concerned. So many funny parts too, though - Perry mocking Candace, Dora the explorer reference ("We did it! Lo hicimos! We did it!" hahahahaha) "Do not push" ... ... ... *pushes* The reappearance of Marty the Rabbit boy and his musical blender? Oh my goodness, such a great combination of comedy and "aww"-ness. The song was uber cute too.
    PhineasFerbTones
    PhineasFerbTones

Number of posts : 31
    Registration date : 2009-07-02

Post by PhineasFerbTones Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:42 am

This is the most cutest episode of season 2. The scene, where Perry stand in front of the window makes me also cry. Phineas Face in such sad moments makes this scenes double sad.
    The Song is very awesome. I laughed a bit in the part of Candace. "And Change my name to Larry". Too funny Very Happy But at the rest I still cry Sad
    And I also noticed, that Isabella hugs Phineas. She wanted to hug Perry, but I think, she also want to hug Phineas, right? Wink And Baljeet hugs Ferb (or Ferb hugs Baljeet) but that´s just...crazy and I don´t want to go on to think about it.
    IamThePlatypus
    IamThePlatypus

Number of posts : 232
    Registration date : 2009-04-06

Post by IamThePlatypus Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:45 am

I think they are all just making one big group hug, and there is no easy way to show that in a 2-d cartoon in the fashion that the scene was being displayed, and there is nothing further to be looked into than that - it's one big Perry-centered group hug.
    PhineasFerbTones
    PhineasFerbTones

Number of posts : 31
    Registration date : 2009-07-02

Post by PhineasFerbTones Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:07 am

Yeah, it´s a big group-hug, but it still interesting, that Isabella hugs Phineas, in my eyes. It doesn´t have a meaning, but it´s interesting and cute.
    BigNeerav

Post by BigNeerav Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:18 pm

The website, "Phineas and Ferb Wikia", make mention of what you guys are talking about. Under the section "Background Information" for the episode's webpage, there is this blurb:

"If you look very closely at the hugging scene, Isabella is atucally hugging Phineas instead of Perry."

I really don't see what the big deal is about all of this.......
    tiggertine
    tiggertine

Number of posts : 456
    Registration date : 2009-03-20

Post by tiggertine Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:51 pm

Heh, me neither. Hugging, who cares...though I've never really been much of a Phinbella shipper anyway.
    agentpfan

Number of posts : 28
    Registration date : 2009-06-14

Post by agentpfan Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:24 pm

This was by far the saddest episode, but I think it may be my new favorite, beating out even the Chronicles of Meap!

The Regurgitator seems to definately be more "truely evil" than Doof, but a little egotistical (big word for the day), with the flashing lights and cool sound effects. Have we really seen the last of him?

The cameo of Marty the Rabbit Boy and his musical blender was PERFECT! Watch, someone's going to want him to have his own show now. ;-)

I nearly fell off the bed laughing when Perry did his imitation of Candace. :-D Loved the ending scene where Candace says, "Oh, there you are Perry!" and everyone comes running! Golden!
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:42 am

BigNeerav wrote:

"If you look very closely at the hugging scene, Isabella is atucally hugging Phineas instead of Perry."

Neither do I, in fact if you take that as being true, Isabella hugging Phineas specifically because she has a crush on him and wanted the opportunity, then that means that not only does Baljeet have a crush on Ferb, but Katie and Milly also have crushes on Baljeet.I don't even want to know who Ginger and Holly were 'crushing' on, it's complicated enough already.

Far as I'm concerned, it was to emphasise the 2D factor, but it also can be excused by saying that Phineas and Ferb were the ones hugging Perry, everyone else was channeling their hug energy through Phineas and Ferb, or something like that.
    BigNeerav

Post by BigNeerav Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:22 am

Both ITP and Roy are correct. The hug at the end of the episode is a group hug in which they are all trying to hug Perry after his return. Phineas and Ferb, are naturally the first two to hug Perry as the owners and then be surrounded by friends who also want to share in joyfully welcoming Perry back, and, as Roy mentioned, channeled thier love to Perry through Phineas and Ferb by hugging them. Simple as that.

This is a BAD misinterpretation by Phinabella fans who claim that Isabella is hugging Phineas because she has a crush on him, and thereby trying to make a big deal about it. This has NOTHING to do with Isabella having a crush on Phineas, and more to do with everyone being happy to see Perry back home safe.
    tiggertine
    tiggertine

Post by tiggertine Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:28 am

Ah, go let the Phinbella shippers have their fun. xD
    phineasavatar1
    phineasavatar1

Post by phineasavatar1 Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 am

Honestly, I was only kidding when I said that. I know they were just having a group hug.
    eeemeee
    eeemeee

Number of posts : 449

Post by eeemeee Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:23 am

My honest opinion on that subject:

Looking from a standpoint as if this were real life, it was simply a group hug, Isabella happened to be near where Phineas was, blah blah blah what everybody else said.

Looking at it from a creative standpoint, however-- looking at it how one would've looked at it while planning out the shots and such-- the creators might've/probably deliberately put Isabella by Phineas, so that she would be the one by him in the group hug as a opposed to anyone else. Why? Simply to spark wonderings like these, and to give Phinbella fans that extra little squee. Wink
    tiggertine
    tiggertine

Post by tiggertine Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:09 am

Yes, and of course, PaF has never been one to deny its fans a bit of fanservice.

Though now that we've seen those hundreds of platypuses around the area that look almost exactly like Perry....well, makes me wonder about if they're secret agents as well, fighting that pet beaver....he did strike me as a bit crafty.

FANFIC IDEA!!!....okay, not really, but if anyone wants to borrow that half-formed idea for one go ahead.
    BigNeerav

Post by BigNeerav Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:34 am

At some points during the episode, I felt sorry for poor Phineas, as he desperately tried to find the right platypus that was Perry. I am glad it worked out in the end, but I wondered what would have happened if Perry wasn't able to come back to the family and was permanently assigned to the new family.

That would be pretty unfortunate.
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:35 am

Yeah, because then Dan and Swampy would have been burnt at the stake by rabid fans.
    BigNeerav

Post by BigNeerav Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:20 pm

I was reading another forum, and they say that out of the two episodes of "Phineas and Ferb" that aired that weekend, the Perry episode was much better, and I agree. As I said before, from start to finish, this is one of the better episodes of Season 2 that I enjoyed watching.
    phineasavatar1
    phineasavatar1

Post by phineasavatar1 Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:38 am

BigNeerav wrote:The website, "Phineas and Ferb Wikia", make mention of what you guys are talking about. Under the section "Background Information" for the episode's webpage, there is this blurb:

Grr...I thought I had that removed. I'll check and if not will do so - it's fancruft, as well all know it was just a group hug.
    BigNeerav

Post by BigNeerav Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:23 pm

phineasavatar1 wrote:Grr...I thought I had that removed. I'll check and if not will do so - it's fancruft, as well all know it was just a group hug.
    It was incorporated into the summary as the last line in the episode page.......I think somebody added bthat in, instead of having it seperate. I checked a couple of days ago.
    eeemeee
    eeemeee

Number of posts : 449

Post by eeemeee Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:18 am

Well, you can't expect that Phinbella shippers are going to completely miss out on that. Like I said before, I'm pretty sure they did that on purpose, so that everybody could have a nice "awwww" even if we know it means nothing... fanservice, yet again. Very Happy

Can't expect the speculation around that particular moment to be quashed entirely. In fact, if they specifically worked that in there, it'd be a bit of a shame if it was.
    BigNeerav

Post by BigNeerav Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:59 am

Nah. I admit, I am a bit into Phinabella, though I try to be as objective as possible and look at everything in equal weight. And who knows, you may be right.......that scene was created to give the impression that Isabella is hugging Phineas because she has a crush on him. Only the creators of the show would really know the truth of this matter.
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:30 am

It's a bit of both, she was glad that Perry was back, but there was no reason she couldn't hug Phineas and hide it in the group scenario.
    Crowfeather
    Crowfeather

Number of posts : 217
    Registration date : 2009-07-06

Post by Crowfeather Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:02 am

Exactly. Perfect chance for her. I also noticed that Baljeet was hugging Ferb.... eck.... and some Fireside Girls were hanging off of Baljeet, like Katie was hanging on to his legs.

I love this episode mainly because Perry is relocated. It just screams sadness. Carl's joke about the Regurgitator was hilarious! "We keep pushing him down, but he keeps coming back up!" It's gross, but funny!

That is a horrible name for somebody evil, don't you think? The "Regurgitator"?! So many words to describe it.

That Dora reference took me a while to figure out. Mainly because I was watching it on YouTube and I don't pay attention to it that much because I'm so overwhelmed that I'm watching a new episode. I also had to look at the comments to see what was so funny.

The very first scene in PaF's room was really funny. What automatically went through my head right then was "What did Ferb think about waking up and finding a log in his bed?" It's kinda creepy when you think about it. Logs are truely the funniest things in the world....

When Phineas was trying to see if any of those platypuses were Perry, I nearly died. "Too fat. Too thin. Too cartoony. Too blue. Whoa, that one smells like meatloaf!" I had to go "awwww" at Young Phineas and Perry. Perry was so chubby!

Aside from the episode, the song was very touching. Reminded me of "Snoopy, Come Home", which made it even more touching. They never really did look [/i]sad[i] except for when Perry was leaving with those sad eyes...

This was actually the first episode of PaF that I taped on DVD. And I'll watch it over and over and over and over....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:35 pm