The Phineas and Ferb Community Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics

» Hihi - Introduce Yourself
Ferb - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 11:49 pm by eeemeee

» FanFiction
Ferb - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 8:01 am by Roy42

» Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension
Ferb - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 10:15 pm by CoffeeFlavord

» (Fic) Snow Dungeon
Ferb - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:46 am by CoffeeFlavord

» Perry/Doofenshmirtz
Ferb - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:36 am by CoffeeFlavord

» Candace Disconnected
Ferb - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 7:57 pm by CoffeeFlavord

» Where did everybody go?
Ferb - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 5:26 am by Noellicorn

» Spongebob ?!?
Ferb - Page 2 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 2:20 am by digigirl02

» Just A Quick Question
Ferb - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 3:59 am by Roy42

+14
Ferbelle
DjangoKatie
phineasavatar1
phineasfletcher
LillyCrystal
Dr. Doofenshmirtz
agentpfan
Livyrosebud
IamThePlatypus
Laughingcheese:)
tiggertine
BigNeerav
eeemeee
Roy42
18 posters

Ferb

Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Number of posts : 1351
    Registration date : 2009-03-01

Ferb - Page 2 Empty Ferb

Post by Roy42 Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:49 am

First topic message reminder :

Ferb is one of the main characters of the show, hence his name in the title of the show. In comparison to his step-brother Phineas, or anyone, or even when on his own, Ferb is fairly quiet, he is a man of action, who firmly believes that actions speak louder than words, though when he does, his cool, calm British accent only accentuates the intelligent and deep thoughts that emerge from his mouth. Despite his not saying much, he always proves that he cares for Phineas as he always is keen to put his hands to work on the latest plan for enhanced awesomeness. Ferb has 2 siblings, loving parents, the same close circle of friends as Phineas and the same fame that accompanies Phineas from the Tri-State area.

Share your thoughts on this character.

BigNeerav

Number of posts : 699

Ferb - Page 2 Empty Re: Ferb

Post by BigNeerav Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:10 am

I like Ferb because he only speaks when it is absolutely necessary to, and in that way, he avoids making himself look like a complete idiot, especially in front of others. In addition, whenever Ferb speaks, he makes sure what he says makes sense. There are days in which I wish I could imitate Ferb in that way, as I have seen and heard many people say just stupid stuff in which they end up putting their foot in thier mouth not once or twice, but multiple times.......sometimes in one day!
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:36 am

You mean, Dan and Swampy make sure what he says makes sense, yes? Ok ok, back to the show.

Yes, that is always going to be a good quality of Ferb, because he doesn't speak as much as anyone else would, even if his voice is that awesome, if he speaks constantly and with full lines, it just ruins the magic.
    BigNeerav

Post by BigNeerav Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:44 am

Yup, that is what I meant. Ferb only speaking one or two lines during the show is better than him yapping away. In fact, I do enjoy the contrast in personalities between Phineas as an outgoing person, and Ferb as a man of few words, as it makes the interaction between the two intersting to watch.
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:20 am

I also like when Phineas says something like "blahblahblah Ferb says blahblahlblah." since it implies that Ferb might speak a lot more than we ever hear him, but only with Phineas' word for it.
    BigNeerav

Post by BigNeerav Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:07 am

Hmm.....don't know what to say to that. Since Ferb rarely speaks (save for a line or two in every episode) it is pertty hard to know what he is thinking also. For example, in "The Lake Nose Monster" one can only guess what Ferb was thinking when Phineas was smashing his camera on the ground. If Ferb could speak, he would probably express his anger at Phineas for destroying his camera. Some people would say that Ferb does not speak because he has a hard time expressing himself. I seriously beg to differ.
    eeemeee
    eeemeee

Number of posts : 449
    Registration date : 2009-03-20

Post by eeemeee Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:38 am

Roy42 wrote:Am I the only one who thinks Phineas and Ferb could have been at least 3-4 and I'm pretty sure that the geniuses could have been able to talk fluently by the time they were 2 even, especially since they were already standing up on their own.

Oh, good point. Now that I think about it, I could talk in fluent sentences when I was a year old, and I'm certainly not as smart as Ferb is.

BigNeerav wrote: Ferb's dad (Lawrence) still has a pretty strong British accent, even though it has been years since he married Linda and moved to the U.S. from Britian, and that would still have an influence on Ferb's ability to still keep his British acccent.

Hmm... I don't think that Lawrence's accent would still have an effect on Ferb's. That person I know I mentioned before has two parents with accents, and yet the fact that the majority of people around him have an American accent is enough to overwhelm that.
    IamThePlatypus
    IamThePlatypus

Number of posts : 232
    Registration date : 2009-04-06

Post by IamThePlatypus Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:47 am

Just interesting to point out because I'm studying Linguistics and language acquisition for my exam tomorrow, and children at age 1 definitely cannot speak in fluent sentences (except for maybe some super-genius child). Between 12 and 18 months, most children are in the 1 word stage - where they are beginning to refer to objects and people by a certain sound - such as "baba" for bottle. By two years the average child is starting to construct two-word sentences. In this stage from two to three years, the ability to learn language grows at very different rates.

I worked with 3 year olds for quite a while a couple of years ago, and most of them could speak words and full sentences, but they were very hard to understand. Still others used very short sentences, and some barely spoke at all. Pretty sure 99.9% of 1 year olds can no-way speak fluently.

Off-topic and random, but any way to study for my exam and be somewhat contributing to the conversation is worth it in my eyes. Wink
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:57 am

Well then, I guess Ferb and I were super-genius children.

Though that was probably already established in the very first episode of the series.
    BigNeerav

Post by BigNeerav Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:25 pm

Well, eeemeee, what I am not sure is whether he might lose that British accent altogether, since he was born British. I was trying to see if possible that one's enviornment affects the person, including his or her accent, but that does not seem to be the case at all, it seems. For Ferb, I don't think it will happen, and will most likely keep his British accent like his dad. Ferb is pertty cool with his British accent when he speaks.
    eeemeee
    eeemeee

Post by eeemeee Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:17 am

Yeah, I did mention Ferb's environment, but... it seems my post was deleted. And so was ITP's.

Erm, could somebody answer why? I'm pretty sure I didn't say anything wrong, I just responded to ITP about the speech age thing and Neerav about the relationship between Ferb's accent and parent's accent...?
    eeemeee
    eeemeee

Post by eeemeee Tue May 26, 2009 3:47 am

So... I know everybody's all worked up about Ferb and Vanessa after "Chronicles of Meap", but aren't there other characters who'd be better with him?
    tiggertine
    tiggertine

Number of posts : 456

Post by tiggertine Tue May 26, 2009 3:50 am

Like...Phineas? (I think I'm actually starting to support that now. Someone, someone snap me back into my senses.)
    eeemeee
    eeemeee

Post by eeemeee Tue May 26, 2009 3:51 am

Well... certainly an interesting theory... I've never really thought about it, but then, I suppose you have to consider every option.
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Tue May 26, 2009 3:56 am

To be honest, because of the thoughts constantly spinning through my mind, what I write, even saying "consider every option" wouldn't be going as far as I have, so reading what you two wrote just then is the funniest thing of the week so far, although ZP hasn't come out for this week…

Considering the constant factor that they are freaking 9/10 whatever years old, I highly doubt there will be anyone for Ferb, Vanessa is a thing to show his maturity, every other pairing has nothing to support it but photoshopped screenshots and dA pictures. Ferb is just Ferb.
    Livyrosebud
    Livyrosebud

Number of posts : 253

Post by Livyrosebud Wed May 27, 2009 3:32 am

Gotta agree with Roy. Ferb's awesome just as he is.

Number of posts : 334
    Location : The UK or if you prefer a basement in the middle of nowhere where I keep my pencil's and paper.

Post by Laughingcheese:) Wed May 27, 2009 11:13 pm

I really couldn't see ferb in a relationship....he can just lead a normal happy life (quoted! im so proud) without being paired up Very Happy
    BigNeerav

Post by BigNeerav Thu May 28, 2009 1:11 am

I also have to agree with what Roy said. Some things are best in thier original state and ferb by himself is definitely an example of this.
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Thu May 28, 2009 2:06 am

Plus it's worth mentioning that if he wasn't British, the same thing couldn't have been said.

I mean really, you can't have an American person in the show without a love interest, it just makes them look like an angsty prick.
    agentpfan

Number of posts : 28
    Registration date : 2009-06-14

Post by agentpfan Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:40 am

As an interesting note: I can't recall Ferb ever calling anyone in the show by name, not even Phineas. Anyone else notice this?

I'm trying to work on a fanfic where Phineas gets a sore throat, and Ferb has to do all the talking for a day. Very Happy Can you imagine?
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:00 am

1. Talk about fanfics in the fanfiction thread.

2. I have noticed that, however he did say "Candace, we are just kids." in Out to Launch.
    agentpfan

Number of posts : 28
    Registration date : 2009-06-14

Post by agentpfan Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:20 am

1. I definately will when I have it written, or at least part of it.

2. Thanks, I stand corrected. Smile

Number of posts : 334
    Location : The UK or if you prefer a basement in the middle of nowhere where I keep my pencil's and paper.

Post by Laughingcheese:) Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:00 pm

Well i think he says Perry's name a lot...if you count Perry being a person to refer to Very Happy
    IamThePlatypus
    IamThePlatypus

Number of posts : 232
    Registration date : 2009-04-06

Post by IamThePlatypus Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:07 pm

Anybody seen the preview for tomorrow night's episode in which Ferb is all "We do it for the ladies! Rawr!"

Hahahaha, I can't help LOL'ing every time I see it! I think Ferb's character is beginning to grow on me. XD I can't wait to see that line used in context.
    eeemeee
    eeemeee

Post by eeemeee Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:51 am

Whatwhatwhatwhutwhutwhutwhutwhutwhut?!

I haven't seen that preview. But if Ferb is saying "Rawr!", I already know it's gonna be awesome.
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:45 am

This thread is for FERB discussion, not episode.
    tiggertine
    tiggertine

Number of posts : 456

Post by tiggertine Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:15 am

Does this count as Ferb, ah, 'discussion'?

http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/140609/72853_animation.php

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:13 pm