The Phineas and Ferb Community Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics

» Hihi - Introduce Yourself
Ferb - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 11:49 pm by eeemeee

» FanFiction
Ferb - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 8:01 am by Roy42

» Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension
Ferb - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 10:15 pm by CoffeeFlavord

» (Fic) Snow Dungeon
Ferb - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:46 am by CoffeeFlavord

» Perry/Doofenshmirtz
Ferb - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:36 am by CoffeeFlavord

» Candace Disconnected
Ferb - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 7:57 pm by CoffeeFlavord

» Where did everybody go?
Ferb - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 5:26 am by Noellicorn

» Spongebob ?!?
Ferb - Page 4 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 2:20 am by digigirl02

» Just A Quick Question
Ferb - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 3:59 am by Roy42

+14
Ferbelle
DjangoKatie
phineasavatar1
phineasfletcher
LillyCrystal
Dr. Doofenshmirtz
agentpfan
Livyrosebud
IamThePlatypus
Laughingcheese:)
tiggertine
BigNeerav
eeemeee
Roy42
18 posters

Ferb

Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Number of posts : 1351
    Registration date : 2009-03-01

Ferb - Page 4 Empty Ferb

Post by Roy42 Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:49 am

First topic message reminder :

Ferb is one of the main characters of the show, hence his name in the title of the show. In comparison to his step-brother Phineas, or anyone, or even when on his own, Ferb is fairly quiet, he is a man of action, who firmly believes that actions speak louder than words, though when he does, his cool, calm British accent only accentuates the intelligent and deep thoughts that emerge from his mouth. Despite his not saying much, he always proves that he cares for Phineas as he always is keen to put his hands to work on the latest plan for enhanced awesomeness. Ferb has 2 siblings, loving parents, the same close circle of friends as Phineas and the same fame that accompanies Phineas from the Tri-State area.

Share your thoughts on this character.

Roy42
    Administrator

Ferb - Page 4 Empty Re: Ferb

Post by Roy42 Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:56 am

You know… that subject was probably never going to have gotten brought up in this forum.

No one had noted it at all, beyond the joke from PaF's Quantum Boogaloo, no one had expressed interest in the pairing on this forum, nothing to do with the pairing was even present on this forum.

So, why did you post that here, as opposed to a blog post, which it would be much better suited for?
    DjangoKatie
    DjangoKatie

Number of posts : 248
    Registration date : 2009-08-05

Post by DjangoKatie Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:22 am

BigNeerav wrote:Ferb.......and Isabella? I don't think it will happen, but then again, we don't really know. Isabella HAS an interest in Ferb mainly as a friend, but her apparent love interest is Phineas, not Ferb. I know there might be those that might start to be Ferb/Isabella shippers, but I can tell you now from what I have seen of the two characters up to this point in time, Ferb and Isabella are NOT compatible.......sorry, but this is a pairing that I don't think will ever happen.

Well, don't jump to conclusions, BigNeerav. There was that incident towards the end of "Out to Launch" where they ended up possibly going to the Girls Choice Dance together. Speaking of which, where were they located at that dance?
    BigNeerav

Number of posts : 699

Post by BigNeerav Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:13 am

DjangoKatie wrote:Well, don't jump to conclusions, BigNeerav. There was that incident towards the end of "Out to Launch" where they ended up possibly going to the Girls Choice Dance together. Speaking of which, where were they located at that dance?
    I'm not jumping to any conclusions (since there is not much information to jump to conclusions to), but am shooting down the notion for some of the shippers that may try to think that this possibilty may come to friution. Isabella is in love with Phineas, not Ferb. It has been obvious since the show went on air. Right now,the fight is betweeen Ferb/Vanessa and Ferb/Gretchen, which is a battle, which I am wisely staying out of. Sure, anything is possible, but the probability of Ferb with Isabella, realistically speaking, is remote.
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:53 am

Yes, I get that you were shooting down shippers, but — as I said — there are no shippers here to have shot down.
    BigNeerav

Post by BigNeerav Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:57 am

Roy42 wrote:Yes, I get that you were shooting down shippers, but — as I said — there are no shippers here to have shot down.
    Not on this forum, thankfully, but on another in which suh a battle exists.

I am really liking, as I and others have noted on this thread previously, how the creators of the show have expanded Ferb's character base. In the episodes that I have seen so far for Season 2, the creators have made Ferb a better character than he was in Season 1.........the change that I am refering to is more personality and more humor, but overall, he is the same quiet and smart (and mechanically inclined) character that we know him as.
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:15 am

BigNeerav wrote:
    Roy42 wrote:Yes, I get that you were shooting down shippers, but — as I said — there are no shippers here to have shot down.
    Not on this forum, thankfully, but on another in which suh a battle exists.

So, with that note, you're basically saying 'No, I guess there was absolutely no reason or justification for posting that original comment about Ferb/Isabella, since it's not even on this forum.' right?
    tiggertine
    tiggertine

Number of posts : 456
    Registration date : 2009-03-20

Post by tiggertine Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:36 am

Hey, I'm actually on the verge of shipping Ferb/Isabella. She's within Ferb's age range, and I like pairings that aren't shipped by half the viewers like Phinebella is. xD
    eeemeee
    eeemeee

Number of posts : 449

Post by eeemeee Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:52 am

My take on Ferb/Isabella-- could happen. Apparently, Isabella ends up marrying one of the two, and immediately our thoughts would jump to Phineas. But when you think about it, the crushes you have as a nine/ten/whatever year old are not always (in fact, are usually not) the people you end up getting into relationships with.

I'm not saying Phineas/Isabella isn't more likely-- in fact, my personal opinion is that Ferb is just an insufferable flirt Razz-- but I'm not gonna go around shooting down shippers or anything. xD
    tiggertine
    tiggertine

Number of posts : 456

Post by tiggertine Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:55 am

Ferbella, does that work for a good couple portmanteau?
    Livyrosebud
    Livyrosebud

Number of posts : 253

Post by Livyrosebud Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:05 am

Well it's a bit close to Phinbella, but I can't think of anything else, so it works. Very Happy
    BigNeerav

Post by BigNeerav Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:15 am

I agree in terms of age, Ferb and Isabella are definitely close enough for a paring.

Ferbella.......hmm.......it is possible, though as I said is remote as a possibility of happening, though would, I admit, be quite a strange pairing, if you think about it, with Ferb being the quiet type, and Isabella being outgoing. The only thing common about the two is that they are very action-oriented.
    eeemeee
    eeemeee

Post by eeemeee Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:40 am

Ah, but Ferb isn't really the quiet type.

Well, in terms of actual noise, yes, but he's quite outgoing when you think about it. (Shy males generally don't wear fruit hats and flamenco dresses in public.) He just has his own way of expressing it.
    BigNeerav

Post by BigNeerav Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:23 pm

Ferb can be expressive, yes, but not much by speaking as he is by action.......this is said to be seen by his extraordinary mechanical inclination. If "action speaks louder than words", then Ferb is the epitomy of the phrase in which he is less talk and more action.
    DjangoKatie
    DjangoKatie

Post by DjangoKatie Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:56 pm

What does "shipping" actually mean, anyway?
    BigNeerav

Post by BigNeerav Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:00 am

DjangoKatie wrote:What does "shipping" actually mean, anyway?
    I was wondering that too until recent. Shipper is short for relatonSHIP. So shippers are people who are into different character relatioships or, as we call them on this forum, pairings.
    DjangoKatie
    DjangoKatie

Post by DjangoKatie Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:07 am

Oh, so "shipping" is another way of saying "coupling"!
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:08 am

Well I always likened it to the actual delivery status of 'shipping'.
    eeemeee
    eeemeee

Post by eeemeee Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:15 am

"Shipping" is basically supporting two characters having a relationship.

...Yeah. Razz
    Ferbelle

Number of posts : 78
    Registration date : 2009-09-04

Post by Ferbelle Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:19 am

yeah I learnt about shipping in a book about BIG nerds that write fanfics for Harry Potter, I geuss I should call myself a nerd then 'cause I right fanfics too!
    P>S> FERB ROCKS I love him! did you know, my user name is Ferb/Noelle(me)
    Dr. Doofenshmirtz
    Dr. Doofenshmirtz

Number of posts : 52
    Registration date : 2009-06-27

Post by Dr. Doofenshmirtz Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:02 pm

The appeal in Ferb is that we know almost nothing about him. We occasionally get jokes suggesting that he's COMPLETELY INSANE. Remember when he mauled Candace for a sandwich? I think the writers need to take advantage of that Weegee-like humor.
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:25 pm

The appeal in Ferb is that we know almost nothing about him? Wow, what insight, I can't believe you are the first person to post that concept, and that we've just been confused for the last 5 pages of discussion, it's almost as weird as thinking that Ferb being hungry and going after Candace for a sandwich is complete insanity, just because he hasn't had lunch. I would chase someone for a sub if I hadn't eaten.
    Crowfeather
    Crowfeather

Number of posts : 217
    Registration date : 2009-07-06

Post by Crowfeather Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:35 pm

Like Noelle, or I should say Ferbelle, I too love Ferb. So does my friend, Maddie. Sadly, I have no idea how to combine Lindsay (my name) with Ferb. Help!

I wouldn't say he's COMPLETELY INSANE, but mauling his sister for a sandwich was pretty insane. I guess you could say he's... impulsive. But that's what makes him awesome! Never know what he's gonna do next! Although, I would too maul somebody for a sub if I was hungry. Heck, I would maul somebody for a sub even if I wasn't hungry!

I never did think that he would be ruining my life now. Rachel told my crazed friend, Ty about me liking Ferb, and he's been spreading it through the whole school. So I've taken an act to violence.

Ferb's knack for dancing made him even more awesome! So now, I've decided to just let Ty spread his rumors while I continue to love Ferb. Of course, I'll still be beating Ty up everyday, just for the fun of it though.

Ferb Fletcher
    ~Forever
    Dr. Doofenshmirtz
    Dr. Doofenshmirtz

Number of posts : 52
    Registration date : 2009-06-27

Post by Dr. Doofenshmirtz Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:47 pm

Roy42 wrote:The appeal in Ferb is that we know almost nothing about him? Wow, what insight, I can't believe you are the first person to post that concept, and that we've just been confused for the last 5 pages of discussion, it's almost as weird as thinking that Ferb being hungry and going after Candace for a sandwich is complete insanity, just because he hasn't had lunch. I would chase someone for a sub if I hadn't eaten.
    Yes. Hunger is total grounds for attempted murder. Rolling Eyes
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:50 pm

Well you could say that he's impulsive, but you could say he's anything. The problem you're all encountering is that you're severely misunderstanding Ferb by trying to understand him completely. I don't misunderstand him, because I don't pretend like I know his personality at all.
    Crowfeather
    Crowfeather

Number of posts : 217
    Registration date : 2009-07-06

Post by Crowfeather Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:58 pm

His personality is a mystery, alright. Especially his vacant stare whenever someone's talking, just when they're not talking to him.
    leftwing92
    leftwing92

Number of posts : 6
    Registration date : 2009-12-13

Post by leftwing92 Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:05 am

I'm just going to come right out and say it:

It slightly irritates me how they tweeked his personality over the series. It somewhat went from shy little boy to random flirt.

Not saying it's not enjoyable (totally is!xD) but it definitely has fan fiction writing consequences.

-leaves to get coffee-

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:17 pm