The Phineas and Ferb Community Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics

» Hihi - Introduce Yourself
Perry/Doofenshmirtz - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 11:49 pm by eeemeee

» FanFiction
Perry/Doofenshmirtz - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 8:01 am by Roy42

» Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension
Perry/Doofenshmirtz - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 10:15 pm by CoffeeFlavord

» (Fic) Snow Dungeon
Perry/Doofenshmirtz - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:46 am by CoffeeFlavord

» Perry/Doofenshmirtz
Perry/Doofenshmirtz - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:36 am by CoffeeFlavord

» Candace Disconnected
Perry/Doofenshmirtz - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 7:57 pm by CoffeeFlavord

» Where did everybody go?
Perry/Doofenshmirtz - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 5:26 am by Noellicorn

» Spongebob ?!?
Perry/Doofenshmirtz - Page 2 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 2:20 am by digigirl02

» Just A Quick Question
Perry/Doofenshmirtz - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 3:59 am by Roy42

+11
DjangoKatie
ChatterBox
Helouise
LillyCrystal
PhineasFerbTones
BigNeerav
Laughingcheese:)
Livyrosebud
tiggertine
eeemeee
Roy42
15 posters

Perry/Doofenshmirtz

Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Number of posts : 1351
    Registration date : 2009-03-01

Perry/Doofenshmirtz - Page 2 Empty Perry/Doofenshmirtz

Post by Roy42 Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:15 am

First topic message reminder :

The relationship of Perry and Doofenshmirtz is an interesting one, to say the least. They are categorised as a "Frenemies" pairing, as they daily battle with one another over a contraption or overcomplicated scheme, however they show time and again how they don't simply do it for professional reasons, they both enjoy spending the time with one another as they fight, they even get along on occasions, partially due to Doofenshmirtz not being the most inherently evil villain seen, but also due to their feeling of completeness with each other.

Share your thoughts on this paring.

BigNeerav

Number of posts : 699

Perry/Doofenshmirtz - Page 2 Empty Re: Perry/Doofenshmirtz

Post by BigNeerav Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:14 pm

You are right.......there are times whjen it is a bit strange, in which one moment, Dr. Doofenschmirtz is friends with Perry and the next moment, they are enemies (or vice-versa), but it makes the Perry subplot and the interactions between the two characters much more interesting that way.
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:37 pm

I'm glad I described them in the OP (Original Post) as "frenemies" then.
    eeemeee
    eeemeee

Number of posts : 449
    Registration date : 2009-03-20

Post by eeemeee Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:58 pm

Pfft, frenemies, they're so in loooo-- *is shot*

Heh, seriously though, I actually think of them as friends. Friends who just happen to fight each other for a living. And I think their friendship gets stronger all the time. After all, I don't think Doofy has actually tried to kill Perry in any of his plans for awhile, has he?
    BigNeerav

Post by BigNeerav Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:34 pm

eeemeee wrote:Pfft, frenemies, they're so in loooo-- *is shot*

Heh, seriously though, I actually think of them as friends. Friends who just happen to fight each other for a living. And I think their friendship gets stronger all the time. After all, I don't think Doofy has actually tried to kill Perry in any of his plans for awhile, has he?
    That is plausible, to some extent, but I don't really buy that. They are each other's nemesis. Sure, there are times that they do help each other out, but for the most part, they are against each other, and for that reason, I think "frenemies" is an appropriate term to describe the relationship between the two.
    Helouise
    Helouise

Number of posts : 35
    Registration date : 2009-08-03

Post by Helouise Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:27 pm

PxD is my absolute favorite pairing... be that as frenemies or otherwise. They're just like two guys hanging out because they got nothing better to do. Like vacationing together or consoling one another

One of my favorite parts in P&F is when Heinz tries to make Balloony jealous in "The Chronicles of Meep" by telling him he got a new best friend (Perry), then Perry kicks him out of the ship, but still jumps after Heinz to save him after Heinz announces he's falling to his doom

Have we ever seen Heinz spend time with a friend? He might compensate his loss of male companions with Perry
    Livyrosebud
    Livyrosebud

Number of posts : 253

Post by Livyrosebud Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:33 pm

Um, Doof spending time with a friend? *thinks* I don't think so. I just woke up so I might be forgetting something...but I really don't think so.

And that part in Chronicles of Meap always makes me laugh. If Doof's 'best friend' is kicking him out of spaceships who know how far away from the ground, he's obviously got some issues there.
    Helouise
    Helouise

Post by Helouise Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:02 pm

Well, at least he has no problems finding female companions (but maintaining them is a whole 'nother story xD). He seems to be kinda' lonely, and maybe he sees Perry as a friend whenever they're not battling each other (and also when they are)

I keep thinking of the time (or times, I think he did it twice) he admitted openly that he expects to fail and that Perry's going to win. Because if he wasn't an evil doctor... what would he do? Sell bratwursts again? If Perry didn't exist he'd probably have nothing to do
    ChatterBox
    ChatterBox

Number of posts : 327
    Registration date : 2009-08-02

Post by ChatterBox Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:05 pm

Yeah, without Perry he'd probably be even more of a failure, stuck out on the sidewalk forced to sell bratwurst for a living as opposed to being an evil scientist who poses as a 'major threat' (well, he must, with Perry's amazing talents they wouldn't waste them on just ANYBODY). What is it I find so attractive about incredibly slender men in lab coats? Honestly. Well, I'm into paleontology so if I turn out as a paleontologist maybe I'll just have the opportunity to see a man in a lab coat every now and then.
    Helouise
    Helouise

Post by Helouise Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:19 pm

Lab coats are very attractive indeed xD Especially on lanky middle-aged men with a stooping back!

Was he perhaps working the bratwurst cart when he was married with Charlene? In old photos of Vanessa we see him in his lab coat when she was just a baby, so one would think he started his "criminal" ways during his marriage (even though Charlene seems oblivious to it)

It makes me wonder how the O.W.C.A did with him before Perry came along
    ChatterBox
    ChatterBox

Post by ChatterBox Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:06 am

Lol, I know there's something wrong with the way my mind works!

Anyways, my friend has no clue what-so-ever that the word 'innuendo' even exsists and that's probably a good thing or else she'd jump to the conclusions that it's not just a friendship mainly because that's the way her mind work whenever she sees two guys hanging out with each other almost everyday. And I really don't think this whole thing, I'd prefer it stay on friend level.
    Helouise
    Helouise

Post by Helouise Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:14 am

You know I never even considered Perry and Doofenshmirtz as anything more than enemies (possibly frenemies) until the show started... making my thoughts wander away into the forbidden zone.

• The song "My Nemesis" when they sing "Besides his hat, he wears no clothes. Now I have someone to oppose!" ...as if that was a requirement xD

• When they fight/fence with sausages in "Backyard Aquarium". It's VERY phallic (especially how Heinz says that he's "No match for my bratwurst" then BITES OFF Perry's).

• Perry consoling Heinz about wether he's evil or not in "Oil on Candace"

• In "The Swiss Family Phineas" when they're fighting in the laundry... and Perry is wearing a groom's tuxedo while Heinz is wearing a bride's gown. That's like slapping the viewers across the face with more-than-friends thoughts xD

How... how can we not insinuate?
    BigNeerav

Post by BigNeerav Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:28 pm

So you are saying there are some kind of innuendos in the show?

Anyways, I think there should be an episode which explains how Dr. Doofenschmirtz came to be the nemesis of Perry the Platypus. I was watching the panel discussion for "Phineas and Ferb" for ComicCon last night, and one of the kids there asked that question, since many are curious as to how the two started to fight each other.
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:51 pm

BigNeerav wrote:So you are saying there are some kind of innuendos in the show?

What else could she be saying?

I do see how there's quite a lot of innuendo in the show about a lot of stuff, but I highly doubt it's intentional, at least, things like the Hot Dog/Bratwurst fight wasn't, but obviously the Bride/Groom part of "Swiss Family Phineas" was, but simply because it'd make people laugh, even aimed at older audiences, it's not supposed to make you do much more than laugh.
    Helouise
    Helouise

Post by Helouise Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:08 pm

@Roy42: Yea they're definitely there just to make the creators and the older audience laugh... it's a common thing in almost every cartoon. I just find it funny how they concentrate so much of it on Perry and Doofenshmirtz

@BigNeerav: I think it seems as if Perry just got the assignment (maybe when he'd just been enrolled into the O.W.C.A) and Doofenshmirtz accepted him as his nemesis... I mean, at least if you are to believe the "My Nemesis" song, the lyrics says "I used to sit alone doing evil all day" (even though he's just reading a newspaper xD)

It doesn't seem personal, it's just that they're conveniently located in the same area.

Sometimes I think it's Major Monogram who has some personal issues with Doofenshmirtz (especially since Doofenshmirtz seem to have both his home and cell phone number). After all, he doesn't pose a terrifying threat and Major Monogram seem to want Perry to check up on him for the smallest things - "Dr. Doofenshmirtz just bought a large supply of detergent!", and other ridicullous things like all the pigeons missing in the tri-state area... would they really NEED to check up on him because of that?

Maybe Major Monogram just doesn't like him very much.
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:11 pm

Well the Agency's true purpose is still a mystery, but they might still be required to make sure nothing is out of the ordinary, which would include investigating pigeons disappearing and Doofenshmirtz buying things in bulk, BULK!

Number of posts : 334
    Location : The UK or if you prefer a basement in the middle of nowhere where I keep my pencil's and paper.

Post by Laughingcheese:) Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:20 pm

Bulk you say???

I thought they just checked up on the crime of today's "evil" empire!
    eeemeee
    eeemeee

Number of posts : 449

Post by eeemeee Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:35 am

Roy42 wrote:
    BigNeerav wrote:So you are saying there are some kind of innuendos in the show?

What else could she be saying?

I do see how there's quite a lot of innuendo in the show about a lot of stuff, but I highly doubt it's intentional, at least, things like the Hot Dog/Bratwurst fight wasn't, but obviously the Bride/Groom part of "Swiss Family Phineas" was, but simply because it'd make people laugh, even aimed at older audiences, it's not supposed to make you do much more than laugh.

I actually have to disagree with you there... I think the writers know exactly how suggestive all Helouise's examples would look to older viewers. And I think they do it for several reasons:

- To make older audience members laugh, like you said, Roy. They're very good at slipping innuendo like that in there in ways that younger kids wouldn't notice, but older people will.

- Fangirls. C'mon, if you slip in some appeal to the fangirls, you've just made a lot of people very happy with one simple action. It's a clever thing to do.

- To drag out the suggestion of Perry and Doofenshmirtz actually having it for each other. Because it's hilarious and it's interesting, even if we all know that they actually don't and won't. The more teasing subtext the writers slip in there, the more ridiculous and hilarious it becomes.
    ChatterBox
    ChatterBox

Post by ChatterBox Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:24 am

Sometimes it makes me laugh, sometimes I get strange thoughts, and sometimes I get a little... myrrrrh. Which all are pluses. XD I think I was yelling at the TV screen at Perry during the scene in 'Swiss Family Phineas' and I was all like ,"No!! He's Mine!! Paws off!!" (because I mean, he could've changed couldn't he? Doofy can stay in the dress, I like skin) but then I always laugh at myself later when everyone thinks I'm a complete pycho.

Once while I was watching one P+F episode (which name escapes me at the moment) and they just dropped an innuendo (much more subtle than the one where they "duel it out" with hotdog vs. bratwurst) and my mom walked by and her being the preacher she is sort of got me feelin' a little uncomfortable and then I acted like I didn;t get it and she walks away. Not a very nice save considering that I'm 13 and I'm not that stupid to miss something as obvious as that.

But in 'It's About Time' when it just kept coming, one after another, after another, after another!! My friend was tearin' up, I on the other hand, was cracking up. She was all like, "It's not funny!" I just smiled at her thought it may be best for me not to tell her (she's ten months younger than me and thought I might as well keep her from thinking the way I do). Plus, in 'Nemisis' or whatever it's called when the lyircs it says ,"Besides his hat he wears no clothes" and like Yaya said, as if it's a requirement!! And they were saying it in a posetive way, that they were happy he's basically running around in the nude! I was rolling on the floor laughing. But sadly, if I ran around with only a hat on I'd probably end up in soem kind of therapy session and Doofy still wouldn't love me, so what's the point of that?
    Livyrosebud
    Livyrosebud

Number of posts : 253

Post by Livyrosebud Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:34 am

I was cracking up during their entire plot in It's About Time! However, Perry/Doof disturbes me quite a bit. They are frenemies. Nothing more. That is all I have to say on the subject.
    ChatterBox
    ChatterBox

Post by ChatterBox Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:47 am

It is disturbing, and sometimes I get jealous (I know...), and sometimes it's funny. I mean, it does disturb me a bit but if you look at it from my point of view, disturbing/strange video/scene = strange/disturbing feelings/thoughts which in my world = awesome. The only thing I don't like about it is when I find stuff on Deviant Art where it has a picture of Doofy and Perry in a very suggestive position or anything else as such. I prefer to take what got pass censors than something else someone made up and would like to see make it to the TV screen.

Though, I've got an idea for a FanFic though but it'd probably disturb my audience and spark something deep down inside of them if it hasn't been sparked already... hmm... I'm just wondering...

Number of posts : 334
    Location : The UK or if you prefer a basement in the middle of nowhere where I keep my pencil's and paper.

Post by Laughingcheese:) Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:00 pm

ChatterBox wrote:Though, I've got an idea for a FanFic though but it'd probably disturb my audience and spark something deep down inside of them if it hasn't been sparked already... hmm... I'm just wondering...

Id be happy to read it.. i like to be disturbed.Anyway moving back on topic,I think Perry and Doofy have a relationship that one depends on the other for support,happiness and maybe something to do.Im also sure that on weekends Perry and Doofy make cakes together....just a thought! elephant
    Helouise
    Helouise

Post by Helouise Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:49 pm

...Did I hear fanfic? There are a serious lack of PxD fanfics out there! They don't even have to be suggestive, Ijust like reading about doing normal day things xD

ChatterBox wrote:But in 'It's About Time' when it just kept coming, one after another, after another, after another!! My friend was tearin' up, I on the other hand, was cracking up. She was all like, "It's not funny!" I just smiled at her thought it may be best for me not to tell her (she's ten months younger than me and thought I might as well keep her from thinking the way I do). Plus, in 'Nemisis' or whatever it's called when the lyircs it says ,"Besides his hat he wears no clothes" and like Yaya said, as if it's a requirement!! And they were saying it in a posetive way, that they were happy he's basically running around in the nude! I was rolling on the floor laughing. But sadly, if I ran around with only a hat on I'd probably end up in soem kind of therapy session and Doofy still wouldn't love me, so what's the point of that?

LOL xD Yeah... I was cracking up all-through that episode. Doofenshmirtz handling Perry exactly like a break-up. And then the Nemesis song. I can never stop laughing at that part in the lyrics and when they're on the see-saw (why are they, btw?) and Doofenshmirtz just can't stop smiling Very Happy

Being just turned 23, I' very happy to point it out to my mom whenever I happen to get her to watch it with me, since I know she enjoys the more adult themed jokes on Spongebob
    tiggertine
    tiggertine

Number of posts : 456

Post by tiggertine Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:26 am

Helouise wrote:
    [*] When they fight/fence with sausages in "Backyard Aquarium". It's VERY phallic (especially how Heinz says that he's "No match for my bratwurst" then BITES OFF Perry's).

...Brain bleach, does anyone have some?

Meh, as far as PxD-ness goes I'll have to say I'm on the fence about it, since if I said I'd never have anything to do with it I'd be a liar (siglinkplz?) and if I said I fully supported it I'd creep myself out. xD

FRENEMIES OHSNAP
    DjangoKatie
    DjangoKatie

Number of posts : 248
    Registration date : 2009-08-05

Post by DjangoKatie Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:51 pm

I wonder what would happen if Perry ended up teaming up with Pinky, to take on Doofenschmirtz. Remember "Day of the Living Gelatin" when Agent P was accidentally sent to Wanda's district.
    ChatterBox
    ChatterBox

Post by ChatterBox Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:58 pm

Doofy would KICK BUTT. Okay, maybe not. I doubt they'd ever have such a thing but it's a possibility. I have a bad feeling that Doofenshmirtz would end up in the ER, Perry AND Pinky. That could not end well for him. Plus, you saw how his heart-rate sky-rockets while he and Perry are fighting (is it because of the PerryxDoofenshmirtz thing [not going into further detail] or is it just because they're fighting? o.O ) and I'm almost certain having that happen to you daily is a heart attack waiting to happen! Don't hurt the poor guy! And with TWO attackers, I'm not sure how it'd end except for more than likey Doofy would end up in a stretcher being carried off to the hospital, and that would not be good on me either. I would have to die.
    DjangoKatie
    DjangoKatie

Number of posts : 248
    Registration date : 2009-08-05

Post by DjangoKatie Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:07 am

Mind you, if he still had that Steak Containment Unit, he could give Pinky one of those steaks for dinner if he turned against Perry...

Unfortunately we will never know... Question

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:48 pm