The Phineas and Ferb Community Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics

» Hihi - Introduce Yourself
Perry - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 11:49 pm by eeemeee

» FanFiction
Perry - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 8:01 am by Roy42

» Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension
Perry - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 10:15 pm by CoffeeFlavord

» (Fic) Snow Dungeon
Perry - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:46 am by CoffeeFlavord

» Perry/Doofenshmirtz
Perry - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:36 am by CoffeeFlavord

» Candace Disconnected
Perry - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 7:57 pm by CoffeeFlavord

» Where did everybody go?
Perry - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 5:26 am by Noellicorn

» Spongebob ?!?
Perry - Page 2 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 2:20 am by digigirl02

» Just A Quick Question
Perry - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 3:59 am by Roy42

+4
tiggertine
BigNeerav
eeemeee
Roy42
8 posters

Perry

Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Number of posts : 1351
    Registration date : 2009-03-01

Perry - Page 2 Empty Perry

Post by Roy42 Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:36 am

First topic message reminder :

Perry, to the rest of the world, is a mindless domestic pet platypus that doesn't do much but wander off everyday. To a select few people, he is known as Agent P, the best of the best secret agents, his daily goal: Stop Doofenshmirtz. After he whips on his fedora and slips undetected into his lair, he is briefed by his boss and the highest known authority in "The Agency", Major Monogram, or his intern Karl, to whatever dastardly plan Doofenshmirtz has in store, Agent P is fast, stealthy, a master of disguise and a force to be reckoned with, however he still cares for his owners' safety, even if it's only as a part of the protection of his identity.

Share your thoughts on this character.

eeemeee

Number of posts : 449
    Registration date : 2009-03-20

Perry - Page 2 Empty Re: Perry

Post by eeemeee Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:32 am

Ooh, I've read it too! (What a coincidence, eh? Razz)

I'm fairly sure that the "this scheme is so bad, I'm not even gonna bother stopping it" thing was only meant to be done once, and played for laughs. Then again, PaF has surprised me before...
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:52 am

It's too dangerous to use it more than once, since it goes against what they've been doing as a professional courtesy, plus, like I just said, they've still got plenty of jokes they can wring out of the "professional courtesy" joke.
    BigNeerav

Number of posts : 699

Post by BigNeerav Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:16 pm

eeemeee wrote:Ooh, I've read it too! (What a coincidence, eh? Razz)

I'm fairly sure that the "this scheme is so bad, I'm not even gonna bother stopping it" thing was only meant to be done once, and played for laughs. Then again, PaF has surprised me before...
    Probably. But then again, some of the schemes that Doofy has hatched are so bad that if I was a secret agent like Perry, I would be like "why bother?" and just go back to HQ and tell Momogram to call me when Doofenschmirtz does something really interesting.
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:13 pm

So, what does anyone else think Perry really sounds like, after watching "Interview With a Platypus"?
    tiggertine
    tiggertine

Number of posts : 456

Post by tiggertine Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:13 pm

I've always pictured him sounding kind of the same as Ferb did while he said "Diggin' my ride from outer space", with a bit of an Australian accent. xD But that would simply be too awesome for mortal ears to hear, and thus he never speaks.
    IamThePlatypus
    IamThePlatypus

Number of posts : 232
    Registration date : 2009-04-06

Post by IamThePlatypus Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:33 am

I was honestly sort of afraid they were going to give him a voice at the end of "Interview with a Platypus," but was quite glad to discover that was something they were never going to assign. I like Perry's voice being just the little chirpy noise he makes, and the rest of his personality is lived out through his body language - rolling eyes, sighing, etc., without depending on a voice. I prefer him that way, and don't want to associate a human voice with him.

After all, he is a platypus.
    BigNeerav

Post by BigNeerav Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:59 am

I would prefer that he remains as is and does not have an equivalent human voice. I agree with IamThePlatypus completely. Once he has a human voice, it kind of screws up who he is as a character in the show as chirping platypus to Phineas and Ferb, and as a silent but efficient secret agent to Major Monogram. Sometimes, when you change something, you do not necessarily make it better, and instead, make it worse. Therefore, it would be better that Perry the Platypus remains as he is now.
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:31 am

Yeah, I get that, like how you simply can't give the Janitor in Scrubs a name, because by this point, no one would be happy about it, but I'm just saying, as enitreggit thankfully gave a response to, what do you think he might sound like if he ever was able to talk?
    BigNeerav

Post by BigNeerav Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:53 am

If Perry could speak? I don't know. It would seem strange for Perry to speak. I am not sure what his voice would sound like (American, Japaneese, British, Pakistani, etc...) but it would be very strange to the person who is listening, or even stranger that we could really translate what Perry says when he chirps into its equivalent in human words.
    eeemeee
    eeemeee

Number of posts : 449

Post by eeemeee Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:45 am

tiggertine wrote:I've always pictured him sounding kind of the same as Ferb did while he said "Diggin' my ride from outer space", with a bit of an Australian accent. xD But that would simply be too awesome for mortal ears to hear, and thus he never speaks.

YES. That is IT! Very Happy

Or perhaps a James Bond sort of voice, but with an Australian accent instead of a British one. (I mean, c'mon, he's a platypus! What other accent could he have? afro )
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:49 am

Great, so, someone answer the question, why wasn't I hired to do Perry then?

"It's Platypus. Perry the Platypus."
    BigNeerav

Post by BigNeerav Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:33 pm

I would think that platypuses (or platypi) had thier origins in Australia, so I would guess that "if" Perry could speak, as others have mentioned, would have an Australian accent. I would think it would sound pretty strange, but pretty cool.
    Laughingcheese:)

Number of posts : 334
    Location : The UK or if you prefer a basement in the middle of nowhere where I keep my pencil's and paper.

Post by Laughingcheese:) Sat May 09, 2009 10:02 am

That would be interesting but if he had lived with phineas and ferb for some time wouldnt adapt to that accent? Suspect
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Sat May 09, 2009 10:33 am

Perhaps, but then again, I'd prefer an American platypus than a bad (like KND [which is the most popular one that comes to mind] bad) impersonation of Australian.

Location : The UK or if you prefer a basement in the middle of nowhere where I keep my pencil's and paper.

Post by Laughingcheese:) Sat May 09, 2009 10:54 am

No that guy (is it number 3?) annoyed the doonkelberries outta me its like when people try to impersonate people from england in the old cartoons.They always make everyone wear bowler hats.Dont people know they became nearly extinct in the 1960's? (im not trying to offend anybody im just thinking of a situation)
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Sat May 09, 2009 11:16 am

Nope, Numbuh 4, but anyway, I am liking Perry more and more as he is introduced to more and more characters, like when he was forced to work with Agent Double 0-0 (that's how the credits spelled it, I believe)

Post by Laughingcheese:) Sat May 09, 2009 11:23 am

Agent 0-0 he seems to be a parody of agent 007 (james bond) well i just had to put his name in didnt i?
    PhineasFerbTones
    PhineasFerbTones

Number of posts : 31
    Registration date : 2009-07-02

Post by PhineasFerbTones Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:30 am

Perry the Platypus. He is so cute. I everytime try to get him as a plush figure, but I can´t get it. Crying or Very sad
    Anyway, I like the scene´s when Perry get a Mission from Monogram. The conversations are always very funny. But I´m interested in what happen, if Phineas and Ferb finds out that Perry is a Agent. I don´t know why, but I can´t Imagine that, what would happen then. I mean, I can´t imagine the reaction of Phineas and Ferb. What would happen to Perry, we all have seen at "Get busted".
    BigNeerav

Post by BigNeerav Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:11 am

PhineasFerbTones wrote:Perry the Platypus. He is so cute. I everytime try to get him as a plush figure, but I can´t get it. Crying or Very sad
    Anyway, I like the scene´s when Perry get a Mission from Monogram. The conversations are always very funny. But I´m interested in what happen, if Phineas and Ferb finds out that Perry is a Agent. I don´t know why, but I can´t Imagine that, what would happen then. I mean, I can´t imagine the reaction of Phineas and Ferb. What would happen to Perry, we all have seen at "Get busted".
    If you go over to www.fanfiction.net, there are stories written as to what would happen if Perry got "outed" (discovered). For now, Perry, as always, has to be safe to make sure that his secret identity as an agent is always kept from others.
    Shwoo
    Shwoo

Number of posts : 21
    Registration date : 2010-09-02

Post by Shwoo Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:09 pm

Perry is my favourite animated monotreme ever. I love his sarcasticness, I love his action sequences, I love how much of a good person he is, and I especially love his interactions with his family. The time in Journey to the Center of Candace when he defeats Doofenshmirtz in two seconds for threatening Phineas and Ferb is one of my favourite moments of the series.

I hope he gets a role in one of the specials soon. He was barely in Summer Belongs to You, and he didn't have much of a role in the Christmas special, either. I'm really looking forward to the movie, since he'll probably interact with Phineas and Ferb a lot more than usual.

Roy42 wrote:I like how he's much more of a skilled magician than Doofenshmirtz, considering he can hide things behind his back in the same fashion that Link in the Zelda games hides all of his 50 items somewhere in his tunic. But Perry has no clothes apart from his space warping hat, so it's even more impressive.
    Apparently Doofenshmirtz was reading your posts when he came up with Doof n Puss. Creepy.

Roy42 wrote:Perhaps, but then again, I'd prefer an American platypus than a bad (like KND [which is the most popular one that comes to mind] bad) impersonation of Australian.
    Did you know that Dee Bradley Baker, the voice of Perry, also voiced Numbuh Four? It is for that reason I never want Perry to get a voice, in case they get his normal voice actor to do it and he decides to try another atrocious Australian accent. I like having respect for Phineas and Ferb's having mostly accurate accents.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:49 pm