The Phineas and Ferb Community Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics

» Hihi - Introduce Yourself
De Plane! De Plane! EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 11:49 pm by eeemeee

» FanFiction
De Plane! De Plane! EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 8:01 am by Roy42

» Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension
De Plane! De Plane! EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 10:15 pm by CoffeeFlavord

» (Fic) Snow Dungeon
De Plane! De Plane! EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:46 am by CoffeeFlavord

» Perry/Doofenshmirtz
De Plane! De Plane! EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:36 am by CoffeeFlavord

» Candace Disconnected
De Plane! De Plane! EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 7:57 pm by CoffeeFlavord

» Where did everybody go?
De Plane! De Plane! EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 5:26 am by Noellicorn

» Spongebob ?!?
De Plane! De Plane! EmptyMon May 16, 2011 2:20 am by digigirl02

» Just A Quick Question
De Plane! De Plane! EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 3:59 am by Roy42

+5
Livyrosebud
IamThePlatypus
tiggertine
BigNeerav
Roy42
9 posters

De Plane! De Plane!

Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Number of posts : 1351
    Registration date : 2009-03-01

De Plane! De Plane! Empty De Plane! De Plane!

Post by Roy42 Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:31 pm

If there's one thing better than starting the day with education and some cereal, it's getting the opportunity to beat a world record. Phineas and Ferb's project for the day: Construct a plane with a bigger wingspan than Howard Hughe's "Spruce Goose", 319 ft, 11 inches. While the boys construct the plane out of a truly newsworthy material *ba-dum-tish*, Candace faces a bigger problem than which pink swimsuit to wear to Jeremy's pool party: How to bring the focus of attention away from Nicolette, a blond girl who's stories could possibly outdo Candace's Summer tales.

Share your thoughts on this episode.
    BigNeerav

Number of posts : 699

De Plane! De Plane! Empty Re: De Plane! De Plane!

Post by BigNeerav Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:12 am

This was another great episode that I enjoyed very much. The best part of the episode was the subplot with Jeremy and Candace. Sure, I did enjoy the Phineas plot with building the airplane and the inflight entertainment and such, but the Candace/Jeremy part was the part that I enjoyed. Poor Candace.......first she thought Jeremy was with another girl, and then she made herself look like a fool. At least she did not bother to try to bust her brothers for the project that they did. Overall, a good episode.
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:50 am

I must say, they did a good job almost making me dislike part of it, when Candace started riding and everyone was enforcing safety, felt kinda pushed by Disney, but I saw that they were simply working it into the airbag joke.

I also loved that the co-pilot's instruments were, well, just that. Also, Ferb gets the best wardrobe.
    BigNeerav

Post by BigNeerav Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:54 am

Roy42 wrote:I must say, they did a good job almost making me dislike part of it, when Candace started riding and everyone was enforcing safety, felt kinda pushed by Disney, but I saw that they were simply working it into the airbag joke.

I also loved that the co-pilot's instruments were, well, just that. Also, Ferb gets the best wardrobe.
    Yeah, I thought that part was really corny.......like they really cared for Candace's safety! I was also scratching my head with the steering wheel.......I thought that was lame.
    tiggertine
    tiggertine

Number of posts : 456
    Registration date : 2009-03-20

Post by tiggertine Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:34 am

When exactly did CandacexJeremy become 100%, solid canon? Because it definitely was here.

Ferb covered his mouth with the microphone the entire song. I like staring at peoples' mouths. This disappointed me.

Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:02 am

I don't think it became canon in this episode. If you're referring to the part where Jeremy signed her cast with the C + J love heart, I don't believe that was completely canon for the pairing.
    IamThePlatypus
    IamThePlatypus

Number of posts : 232
    Registration date : 2009-04-06

Post by IamThePlatypus Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:25 am

Aren't they canon? It's been obvious he likes her since like, season 1. Plus they've gone out on dates (Chez Platypus), gone to dances together (Gaming the System), etc. He named a sandwich after her... Idk if they're officially bf/gf, but they might as well be.

I had forgotten about the steering wheel/airbag gag. Hahahaha...

Idk, the only thing about the Candace subplot was that it really had been done before in S'Winter, which they pointed out in the ep, but I was just like... meh... I kinda WANTED Jeremy to be flirting with another girl just to add some tension to the relationship, but nope, Jeremy is far to perfect....... *dreamy eyes* :3
    BigNeerav

Post by BigNeerav Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:34 pm

When I watched the episode, I was like "Jeremy.......talking with another girl besides Candace? This ought to be interesting to watch!". A confrontation between Jeremy and Candace (abliet public) over this would be quite an ugly spectacle to watch, even for us, as outside observers. I would probably see how it will end (Candace gets mad at Jeremy and leaves in a hurry). As soon as I see this coming, I would quickly disappear away from the scene and not want to see how the rest of the act will play out.
    Livyrosebud
    Livyrosebud

Number of posts : 253

Post by Livyrosebud Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:16 pm

That would've been interesting, but I had guessed that Nicolette was his cousin. They looked kind of alike to me....
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:18 pm

I was pretty much ready to write it off as him being a total Phineas (clueless and dense), but then I heard the girl speak…disregarding her accent for now, (at least until I give Swampy an email) the fact that she had done those incredible things seemed like it was going to give way to some pretty interesting competition between the two girls of titanium wills. I find it odd that she was his cousin, though. All the more reason I'm going to innocently ask Swampy about the episode.
    Laughingcheese:)
    Laughingcheese:)

Number of posts : 334
    Location : The UK or if you prefer a basement in the middle of nowhere where I keep my pencil's and paper.

Post by Laughingcheese:) Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:18 pm

I wonderd about his cousin.....they seemed to get on too much,they couldn't really be that close if they had just met.Also did anyone like Dr doofenshmirtz's greevil? (im not sure how it would be spelt maybe two e's or one e im not sure)
    BigNeerav

Post by BigNeerav Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:50 am

The last time, according to Phineas and Ferb Wikia, in which Candace thought Jeremy was seeing another girl was in the Season 1 episode "S'Winter", when it was really a guy (by the name of D.D), which Stacey reminded Candace of. I guess Candace gets jealous whenever she sees another girl with Jeremy........and this looks to be the second time (as far as I can remember) in which Candace thinks that Jeremy is seeing other girls.
    eeemeee
    eeemeee

Number of posts : 449

Post by eeemeee Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:07 am

Finally watched this thing:

Doofenshmirtz's "Backstory Time!" -- I made an exceptionally fangirlish noise at that point, which isn't something I do often.

Ferb's "Check!" -- Ditto.

Jeremy writing "C+J" on Candace's cast-- I think that they're now officially canon. Yeah, it's been pretty obvious they both like each other for a long time, but this is the first time that Jeremy's actually done something more than drop a subtle hint.

I thought the "safety first" bit was clever; they found a way to please the Disney people who would've freaked out if she wasn't being safe, yet make it into a joke as well.

Oh, and Ferb with a mustache... epic.
    phineasavatar1
    phineasavatar1

Number of posts : 126
    Registration date : 2009-04-07

Post by phineasavatar1 Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:24 am

Actually, they were canon before the show started; Mitchel Musso stated that Jeremy liked Candace but didn't know she liked him in a promo.

Anyways, gotta says good episode. That song was awesome, so was Ferb as Howard Hughes. I didn't like the Candace plot, thought it took up to much of the episode; I've expressed before how I didn't really like her storylines except for when she's doing stuff like in Rollercoaster, just out trying to drag her mom to see PaF and their Big Ideas.

Also, gotta say, I knew from the second they showed them that that girl was Jeremy's cousin, just somehow, it came off a bit to easy. That's just be, though.

Last edited by phineasavatar1 on Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:26 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : whoops - left that out)
    IamThePlatypus
    IamThePlatypus

Number of posts : 232
    Registration date : 2009-04-06

Post by IamThePlatypus Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:48 am

I agree - her being Jeremy's cousin was just too predictable. I think Candace should just have to deal with the fact that Jeremy might have other female friends, and sometimes they might be pretty, and he might be interested in what they're saying.

And as I've said - some ACTUAL conflict - Jeremy ACTUALLY being interested in another girl would have added some real depth there, which might be the problem - too deep to deal with in 10 minutes, but I would have enjoyed it. I tend to enjoy the Candace/Jeremy subplots.
    BigNeerav

Post by BigNeerav Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:46 pm

IamThePlatypus wrote:And as I've said - some ACTUAL conflict - Jeremy ACTUALLY being interested in another girl would have added some real depth there, which might be the problem - too deep to deal with in 10 minutes, but I would have enjoyed it. I tend to enjoy the Candace/Jeremy subplots.
    I definitely concur here, and would have made the Jeremy/Candace plot much more interesting, but I do not know of either the creators (Dan and Swampy) or Disney would allow such a plot to even happen on a kid's show such as "Phineas and Ferb". The way it seems to be going on, from what I understand, is that Jeremy is talking to another girl, which is ends up being a friend of his, and not another girl, and Candace ends up, as we saw in this episode, misunderstanding the whole situation.
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:17 pm

You haven't yet watched it? Check Kirstie's YouTube channel.
    agentpfan

Number of posts : 28
    Registration date : 2009-06-14

Post by agentpfan Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:01 pm

I suspected from the start as well that the other girl was Jeremy's cousin, but it may be because I have a cousin I hang out with as well and people sometimes think we're boyfriend/girlfriend. But the episode was great. Smile I thought the part where they landed in the water and dissolved the plane was really cool, and clever.
    BigNeerav

Post by BigNeerav Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:41 am

From the looks of it, I thought that girls looked related to Jeremy not just in terms of the face, but the hair especially, but for Candace, she should most likely mistake any girl with Jeremy as an enemy or a threat to her love/relationship with Jeremy.

I did think Jeremy signing Candace's cast with the letters "C+J" and drawing a heart around it was pretty sweet on his part, and shows that Jeremy also has feelings for Candace.
    agentpfan

Number of posts : 28
    Registration date : 2009-06-14

Post by agentpfan Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:00 am

One more thing, did the shape look familier to anyone? I'm surprised nobody else mentioned it. It's in the fossil exhibit at the museum. Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:48 am