The Phineas and Ferb Community Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics

» Hihi - Introduce Yourself
Let's Take a Quiz EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 11:49 pm by eeemeee

» FanFiction
Let's Take a Quiz EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 8:01 am by Roy42

» Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension
Let's Take a Quiz EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 10:15 pm by CoffeeFlavord

» (Fic) Snow Dungeon
Let's Take a Quiz EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:46 am by CoffeeFlavord

» Perry/Doofenshmirtz
Let's Take a Quiz EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:36 am by CoffeeFlavord

» Candace Disconnected
Let's Take a Quiz EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 7:57 pm by CoffeeFlavord

» Where did everybody go?
Let's Take a Quiz EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 5:26 am by Noellicorn

» Spongebob ?!?
Let's Take a Quiz EmptyMon May 16, 2011 2:20 am by digigirl02

» Just A Quick Question
Let's Take a Quiz EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 3:59 am by Roy42

+2
eeemeee
Roy42
6 posters

Let's Take a Quiz

Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Number of posts : 1351
    Registration date : 2009-03-01

Let's Take a Quiz Empty Let's Take a Quiz

Post by Roy42 Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:04 am

With the news that Jeremy is in a TV commercial, Candace is freaking out about how out of Jeremy's league she is. Luckily, Phineas and Ferb are helping the FIreside Girls with their broadcasting patches by making a game show; with Candace as one of the contestants, Jeremy will see her star quality! Meanwhile, Doofenshmirtz, informercials, Perry, TV remote, Karl, bet, Monogram, clown suit…how can any of this be connected?

Share your thoughts on this episode.
    eeemeee
    eeemeee

Number of posts : 449
    Registration date : 2009-03-20

Let's Take a Quiz Empty Re: Let's Take a Quiz

Post by eeemeee Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:29 am

My thoughts on this episode (in real time, no less)-- written as thought and then translated into English.

1. "AHAHAHAHA Monogram's massaging Karl! *imagines fangirls going nuts*"
    Translation: That whole sequence with Monogram and Karl was hilarious. And I'm sure certain fangirls really enjoyed that.... y'know, like that one who made that MonogramxKarl thing on Deviantart...

2. "AHAHAHAHA Perry's scared face. xD"
    Translation: Perry's expression while walking away from the monitor showing clown Monogram massaging Karl... hahaha, yesss.

3. "AHAHAHA yes, my blog! xD"
    Translation: "I know because Megan said on her blog that she thinks so." Yes. My blog. 8D

4. "AHAHAHA Doofy infomercial!"
    Translation: The whole infomercial subplot was great. Yet another random awesome thing incorporated into PaF. Oh, and also, it was hilarious that Doofy still hasn't unplugged his Shrinkinator...

5. "AAAAAAAAAAH FERB'S IN A DRESS!"
    Translation: Does that even need explaining? Ferb was in a dress, people! Ferb. In. A. Dress. Yeahhhh. xD

6. "AAAAAAHGGHAGHAHGHAG FERBS IN A SPARKLY BLACK LEOTARD WITH FEATHERS!"
    Translation: He was. He was he was he was. xD

7. "The fruit hat was also quite nice. 8D"
    Translation: Well, it was.

8. "AHAHAAHAHAHA Doofy got crushed by his own fist. xD"
    Translation: Doofy's huge hand was hilarious. Especially that he ended up crushed by it, hehe.

9. "THAT. WAS. AWESOME."
    Translation: Exactly What It Says On The Tin.

Something that I didn't initially mention is that it Phineas's dialogue while talking to Candace and Buford was very subtly hilarious. "If you need anything, don't bother to ask!" I wonder how many people missed all that. Very Happy
    tiggertine
    tiggertine

Number of posts : 456

Post by tiggertine Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:54 am

eeemeee wrote:"If you need anything, don't bother to ask!"
    Hehe, I didn't miss that....which was strange. Because I usually miss stuff like that.

Ferb's various outfits were absolutely wonderful. Neerav probably had a field day.
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:25 am

Your blog, which is on which site?

I would give full thoughts, but I'm pushing it as it is with regards to making it on time to my class.
    IamThePlatypus
    IamThePlatypus

Number of posts : 232
    Registration date : 2009-04-06

Post by IamThePlatypus Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:39 am

I really enjoyed this episode - the whole idea of Candace trying to get on TV because Jeremy was in a commercial was original, and funny. XD CCCCCCCArl's name is now officially spelled with a "C" - it was on his blog. I'll admittedly miss calling him Karl though... I liked his name with a K... And Doof getting his info from his blog... Actually now that I think of it, that was not in this ep... that was in Car Wash...

Back to this ep - I think I would be rather good at that Game Show, I do love words. My favorite is "Defenestrate! Defenestra-tion!" Hahaha, I don't even know why, but that so amused me! Good game show - much better than 99% of the ones I see around. XP

Forgettable song.

Perry Doof subplot was entertaining. I think I need a burger launcher - and I like how you totally expected Phineas and Ferb's plan would be undone when Doof melted their radio tower, but instead everything just got shrunk. Hahahaha... way to not be predictable.

Doof getting smashed by his hand was also funny.

Candace x Jeremy continues to make me go "Awwwwwww..." :3
    eeemeee
    eeemeee

Post by eeemeee Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:24 am

Roy42 wrote:Your blog, which is on which site?

I would give full thoughts, but I'm pushing it as it is with regards to making it on time to my class.

My nonexistent blog, on a nonexistent site, which was referenced in the show. Yes. Very Happy

I was proud of myself because I actually knew the meaning of the word "defenestrate." We learned it in French class, for some obscure reason. It means "to throw somebody out a window." Pleasant, isn't it?
    BigNeerav

Number of posts : 699

Post by BigNeerav Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:40 pm

I liked this episode.......Monogram giving Karl a massage (abliet in a clown costume) brought quite a few laughs to my guys and I. Poor Candace.......she gets jealous when Jeremy gets all of the good stuff (even though it was just his foot!). I liked the episodes. As for the infomercials, I think the creatoes were trying to give us a message as to how these infomercials make us buy things that we may or may not use. I agree with Dr. Doofenschmirtz.......I hate infomercials, and especially QVC.
    Livyrosebud
    Livyrosebud

Number of posts : 253

Post by Livyrosebud Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:05 pm

As Doof pointed out, who doesn't hate informercials? I know I do.

The whole quiz show was hilarious for me, mostly because I had no idea what they were talking about. Randomness cracks me up.
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:23 pm

Well I'm sure many of the old TV.com *spits* PaF forum users will get this much better, but if there is one word I would be sure to use and be sure to stop the whole show if I didn't get the most points for saying in "Let's Take A Quiz", it'd have to be the classic, antidisestablishmentarianism. Ah, 'tis always nice to be able to type that in 3 seconds without a mistake or looking at the keys.
    tiggertine
    tiggertine

Number of posts : 456

Post by tiggertine Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:17 pm

Actually, I get quite a kick out of infomercials. Drama! Screaming! Persuasion! Brainwashing! All in a few minutes of product-selling ACTION!

(I hear Billy Mays is endorsing health insurance now. 8D)

...Anyway.

I'd seriously ship MonogramxKarl, if it wasn't for that ever-complicating huge age difference, and, er, Monogram being married and all.
    eeemeee
    eeemeee

Post by eeemeee Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:36 pm

tiggertine wrote:Actually, I get quite a kick out of infomercials. Drama! Screaming! Persuasion! Brainwashing! All in a few minutes of product-selling ACTION!

(I hear Billy Mays is endorsing health insurance now. 8D)

I agree, infomercials are actually amuse me. So, so deliciously over-acted, and such dramatic wordage used to describe useless products! And also, they're very, very fun to parody. "The WTF Blanket! Roast your dog over an open flame! Ruin your child's self-esteem and wear it in public! Creepy Dad can now pose suggestively on the couch!"

Oh, and Billy Mays has his own TV show now. On Discovery Channel. Yeahhhhhh.

Roy42 wrote:Well I'm sure many of the old TV.com *spits* PaF forum users will get this much better, but if there is one word I would be sure to use and be sure to stop the whole show if I didn't get the most points for saying in "Let's Take A Quiz", it'd have to be the classic, antidisestablishmentarianism. Ah, 'tis always nice to be able to type that in 3 seconds without a mistake or looking at the keys.

Eh, so overused. People don't really go, "What? What the heck does that mean?" anymore, with antidisestablishmentarianism; it's just "that one really long word thing, yeah."

I prefer pneumonomicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis. Much more fun.

And I think they already used one of the best words around, "defenestrate." Throwing people out of windows! Yaaay!
    BigNeerav

Number of posts : 699

Post by BigNeerav Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:37 am

Some of the words mentioned in the episode could be used as words for the SATs (yes, those annoying standard exams that you have to take to get into college in the USA). The word that eeemeee mentioned is a hard word to remember.......I first saw that words many years ago in an article online. Anyways, I had to watch the episode again to understand it better, but I did enjoy it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content