The Phineas and Ferb Community Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics

» Hihi - Introduce Yourself
Now Showing EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 11:49 pm by eeemeee

» FanFiction
Now Showing EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 8:01 am by Roy42

» Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension
Now Showing EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 10:15 pm by CoffeeFlavord

» (Fic) Snow Dungeon
Now Showing EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:46 am by CoffeeFlavord

» Perry/Doofenshmirtz
Now Showing EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:36 am by CoffeeFlavord

» Candace Disconnected
Now Showing EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 7:57 pm by CoffeeFlavord

» Where did everybody go?
Now Showing EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 5:26 am by Noellicorn

» Spongebob ?!?
Now Showing EmptyMon May 16, 2011 2:20 am by digigirl02

» Just A Quick Question
Now Showing EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 3:59 am by Roy42

+8
BigNeerav
LillyCrystal
phineasfletcher
Laughingcheese:)
Livyrosebud
eeemeee
tiggertine
Roy42
12 posters

Now Showing

Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Number of posts : 1351
    Registration date : 2009-03-01

Now Showing Empty Now Showing

Post by Roy42 Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:50 am

This is the thread for those interested in what's on the big screen right now. Well, last few years or so. Anyway, there have been some good releases in the past few years, and some not-so-good ones.

Discuss these releases here.
    tiggertine
    tiggertine

Number of posts : 456
    Registration date : 2009-03-20

Now Showing Empty Re: Now Showing

Post by tiggertine Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:37 am

Okay, who else went to see Twilight and took great pleasure in screaming obnoxious things throughout it to infuriate the rabid fangirls? xDDD

....just me? Okay.
    eeemeee
    eeemeee

Number of posts : 449

Post by eeemeee Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:41 am

Hehe, if I'd done that, I would've been with my mom and sister, who're both Twilight fans... I probably would've gotten punched in the face or made to go stand disgraced in the corner with a popcorn bucket over my head. Razz
    Livyrosebud
    Livyrosebud

Number of posts : 253

Post by Livyrosebud Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:37 pm

My plan for New Moon is to wear a shirt that says 'Edward does not dazzle me' and see how many fangirls scream at me. Very Happy
    Oh and tiggertine, no you're not the only one. Unfortunatly, there weren't many fangirls there the day I went...
    tiggertine
    tiggertine

Post by tiggertine Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:36 pm

Hehe, eeemster, your mom? My mom thinks 'Twilight' is a time of day. xD
    eeemeee
    eeemeee

Number of posts : 449

Post by eeemeee Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:45 pm

Yup, my mom and my sister are two peas in a pod. In fact, I couldn't watch the Spot the Diff stuff yesterday because my mom and sister were watching Twilight on DVD. Bleargh.

Hehe, eeemster? I likes it. Razz

Also, I shall take this opportunity to say that your new signature is very amusing, if slightly disturbing.
    tiggertine
    tiggertine

Post by tiggertine Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:51 pm

I shall take this opportunity to say that your new signature is very amusing, if slightly disturbing.
    Story of my life. xD Just replace 'amusing' with 'annoying'.

The movie was funny, I'll give it props for that. I'm sure that's not what they intended, but the whole thing had me in stitches. "AHAHA! BELLA'S IN THE HOSPITAL! HAHAHA, LOOK AT EDWARD'S FACE! HAHA, IT'S A WORM, LOOK AT THAT WORM, HAHA!"

Number of posts : 334
    Location : The UK or if you prefer a basement in the middle of nowhere where I keep my pencil's and paper.

Post by Laughingcheese:) Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:51 pm

I havent watched it yet but from the info ive been given from my obsessed friend, I think there is a baseball scene? oh and if i would of had the chance to go i would have booed every time that vampire popped up on the screen of the cinema.
    phineasfletcher
    phineasfletcher

Number of posts : 19
    Registration date : 2009-08-01

Now Showing Empty what was the last movie u watched in the theatres(cinema) and which movie you should not go see

Post by phineasfletcher Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:07 am

Half blood prince was very recent in theatres and i watched it on my birthday
    dont watch g-force cause its sale is beating half blood prince and we cant let the harry potter series movie succsess go down the drain
    LillyCrystal
    LillyCrystal

Number of posts : 40
    Registration date : 2009-08-02

Post by LillyCrystal Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:16 am

Half Blood Prince was very good. I got annoyed when some of my friends were saying it was the worst book to movie adaptation in the Harry Potter series. I mean they only changed a couple of things.

But yeah, disney has been advertising the hell out of G-Force and unfortunately that plan has been working. i don't even want to go see it, especially if it's taking money away from Harry Potter.
    phineasfletcher
    phineasfletcher

Post by phineasfletcher Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:18 am

finally someone who agreese with me
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:21 am

LillyCrystal wrote:Half Blood Prince was very good. I got annoyed when some of my friends were saying it was the worst book to movie adaptation in the Harry Potter series. I mean they only changed a couple of things.

Wow, considering you're a new member, I'm really doing my best to refrain, so I'll just say that it's your opinion and you're entitled to it.
    LillyCrystal
    LillyCrystal

Post by LillyCrystal Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:22 am

it's alright if you completely disagree with me. i'm used to that because about ten people told me their true opinions and i honestly don't mind at all.
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:25 am

Oh, I'm fine saying I completely disagree with you, but the nature in which I would is something I want to refrain from in case it drives you away from the forum.

But as someone who thoroughly enjoyed the books, I am appalled by every Harry Potter Movie anyway and I can dissect them easily for every single part that they either got completely wrong or just added in arbitrarily, which was very abundant in this one.
    phineasfletcher
    phineasfletcher

Post by phineasfletcher Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:25 am

LillyCrystal wrote:it's alright if you completely disagree with me. i'm used to that because about ten people told me their true opinions and i honestly don't mind at all.
    i dont know why everyone hates the 6th movie so much
    LillyCrystal
    LillyCrystal

Post by LillyCrystal Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:30 am

it's because they added a bunch of stuff that wasn't in the book and made most of the movie into a big fat romantic comedy. But personally i loved it, and yes some of the big changes were bothersome, but i enjoyed the movie and i liked it a lot. Unlike the fifth movie...i just wanted to kill David Yates for ruining that one.
    phineasfletcher
    phineasfletcher

Post by phineasfletcher Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:31 am

yeah without the funny half blood prince would be totally boring
    LillyCrystal
    LillyCrystal

Post by LillyCrystal Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:37 am

most of the book was really about character development, relationships, and learning about Tom Riddle's past (which was the best part of the book and they cut most of all of it out). so i assume that David Yates wanted to make it more interesting for audiences who didn't read the books. But...i guess that didn't turn out too well with most of the fans who did.
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:44 am

phineasfletcher wrote:yeah without the funny half blood prince would be totally boring

Well that generally goes for most movies, if it's not funny, it's likely to be boring.
    LillyCrystal
    LillyCrystal

Post by LillyCrystal Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:46 am

Roy42 wrote:Oh, I'm fine saying I completely disagree with you, but the nature in which I would is something I want to refrain from in case it drives you away from the forum.

But as someone who thoroughly enjoyed the books, I am appalled by every Harry Potter Movie anyway and I can dissect them easily for every single part that they either got completely wrong or just added in arbitrarily, which was very abundant in this one.

okay then, better safe then sorry i suppose.

well, my brother always says that a movie adaptation can never truly be like the original books because of the boundaries of it being a movie. Mostly because the movie business believes that if they were to make the movies exactly like the harry potter books then people who haven't read them wouldn't want to sit in a movie long enough to keep all the important stuff they always seem to like taking out. Personally i don't believe that because if millions of people have taken the time to read the books and enjoy every moment of it, then people who didn't wouldn't have any problem sitting in a movie that was longer then the ones they've made.
    Livyrosebud
    Livyrosebud

Post by Livyrosebud Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:20 am

Well, I thought that it wasn't bad, but wasn't great. My friends, who haven't read the books, enjoyed it more than I did. I spent half the movie mumbling to myself about parts they missed, or messed up, or added and so on. I especially didn't get the part where the Death Eaters burned the Burrow. Seemed very pointless to me. Also, no battle, which sucked.
    LillyCrystal
    LillyCrystal

Post by LillyCrystal Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:24 am

oh yeah the burning of the Burrow! i remember my reaction to that...i was sitting upright in my seat looking at the screen (not blinking) with one eye brow up. That scene was completely unnecessary and continuity wise, made no sense. It really did nothing for the plot (like at all) and no one in the movie ever mentioned it again. I mean what the hell? The only reason they put that scene in there was there attempt at putting some action into the movie...FAIL. and the fact that there was no battle at the end was really stupid. I mean, where the heck was Hagrid when they burned his house down??
    BigNeerav

Number of posts : 699

Post by BigNeerav Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:23 am

I haven't see the new Harry Potter movie, but from what I am reckon being said, there are a couple of scenes in there that are rather questionable in terms of whether they advance the plot of the movie or not. Until I see it, I can't really make any judgements on this, but if that scene is as bad as you say, it is not good for the movie as a whole.
    Livyrosebud
    Livyrosebud

Post by Livyrosebud Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:30 am

Yeah, the Burrow scene was pretty random for me. It's like 'Oh the Burrows on fire...crap' then they're at Hogwart and it's forgotten. Plus, where is the Order going to have HQ in the seventh movie?

Last edited by Livyrosebud on Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:33 am; edited 1 time in total
    LillyCrystal
    LillyCrystal

Post by LillyCrystal Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:31 am

seriously. i think what they're gonna do is be cheap and re-build the entire place. which would be really stupid

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:29 am