The Phineas and Ferb Community Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics

» Hihi - Introduce Yourself
Phineas and ferb are misunderstood!!!! EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 11:49 pm by eeemeee

» FanFiction
Phineas and ferb are misunderstood!!!! EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 8:01 am by Roy42

» Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension
Phineas and ferb are misunderstood!!!! EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 10:15 pm by CoffeeFlavord

» (Fic) Snow Dungeon
Phineas and ferb are misunderstood!!!! EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:46 am by CoffeeFlavord

» Perry/Doofenshmirtz
Phineas and ferb are misunderstood!!!! EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:36 am by CoffeeFlavord

» Candace Disconnected
Phineas and ferb are misunderstood!!!! EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 7:57 pm by CoffeeFlavord

» Where did everybody go?
Phineas and ferb are misunderstood!!!! EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 5:26 am by Noellicorn

» Spongebob ?!?
Phineas and ferb are misunderstood!!!! EmptyMon May 16, 2011 2:20 am by digigirl02

» Just A Quick Question
Phineas and ferb are misunderstood!!!! EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 3:59 am by Roy42

+17
Crowfeather
Ferbelle
Giordano
TheFraggable74
Helouise
PaFfanatic
LillyCrystal
phineasfletcher
ChatterBox
Livyrosebud
eeemeee
IamThePlatypus
ChimneyVator
Roy42
BigNeerav
tiggertine
Laughingcheese:)
21 posters

Phineas and ferb are misunderstood!!!!

Number of posts : 334
    Location : The UK or if you prefer a basement in the middle of nowhere where I keep my pencil's and paper.
    Registration date : 2009-03-20

Phineas and ferb are misunderstood!!!! Empty Phineas and ferb are misunderstood!!!!

Post by Laughingcheese:) Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:27 pm

Hi Laughingcheese here and i would just like to discuss why people think phineas and ferb is a "babY" program.I am really fed up of people/whatever you want to call them accusing phineas and ferb of being childish and silly.This annoys me because i know for a fact that this is not true but why do people believe this? Is it the fact that the agent p/dr doofenshmirtz plot is too simliar to kim possible?,is it the fact that phineas and ferb are children themselves?,or is it the "new" age of children who want to watch stuff like hannah montana?.I think that politley asking this question might make other people find that phineas and ferb is great!!!! ( sorry i sound like that frosties tiger)............(sorry if this topics in the wrong place as i have been searching where to put it)

Phineas and ferb are misunderstood!!!! 180px-Perry_Doofenshmirtz_Zinc_Foil
    tiggertine
    tiggertine

Number of posts : 456

Phineas and ferb are misunderstood!!!! Empty Re: Phineas and ferb are misunderstood!!!!

Post by tiggertine Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:11 pm

Well....

1) It's a cartoon, of course, and cartoons have been misinterpreted as 'baby' shows ever since kids started watching them.

2) It's on Disney Channel, which houses other such heart-wrenchingly brilliant works as 'Hannah Montana' and 'Corey in the House', and tends to be mostly viewed by kids between 5-12 years of age.

3) ...it's a show with a secret agent platypus. Which, sadly, many adults just cannot comprehend the sheer genius of.
    BigNeerav

Number of posts : 699
    Registration date : 2009-03-01

Phineas and ferb are misunderstood!!!! Empty Re: Phineas and ferb are misunderstood!!!!

Post by BigNeerav Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:43 am

I don't know how to really respond to this. I think "Phineas and Ferb" is a great show for both children and parents alike, and is a HUGE hit as a cartoon show, so to say it is "babyish" is not accurate. Secondly, I think the Doofenschmirtz/Perry plot makes every episode interesting and also very entertaining to the viewers. As for Phineas and Ferb themselves, they really emphasize creativity and fun to those who watch it, unlike shows like "Hannah Montana", which give the wrong message to young kids.
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Number of posts : 1351

Post by Roy42 Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:19 am

I'll put aside my presidential speech length comment to say that I suppose it's fine in this forum, though I likely will be moving it to the fan club.

Location : The UK or if you prefer a basement in the middle of nowhere where I keep my pencil's and paper.

Post by Laughingcheese:) Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:25 pm

Thankyou!!!!! i find all these things are true and should not be just shoved in phineas and ferbs face just because they have a biased opinon (also thankyou for telling me Roy as i wouldnt have realised before Smile )
    ChimneyVator
    ChimneyVator

Number of posts : 238
    Registration date : 2009-04-11

Post by ChimneyVator Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:52 pm

Have you ever head of something called the Animation Age Ghetto? (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AnimationAgeGhetto) I hate to break it to you, but we're living in the heart of it. Cartoons, especially thost that aren't dead baby comedies, will most likely be treated as children only for years to come. Attiutdes like this will prevail until shows like PaF finally recieve the attention from pooular culture they deserve.

Do your part- write to your local senator about how excellent Phineas and Ferb is! (Only kidding).

Post by Laughingcheese:) Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:03 pm

Nah i just want to Know peoples view on this matter!!! im not going to write a detailed letter dont worry i wouldnt be able to!!!
    tiggertine
    tiggertine

Post by tiggertine Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:57 pm

You...you know about TV Tropes?! I thought I was the only one. xD That site's worse than crack, I swear.....but I love it so much.

We are definitely in an AAG right now, it's true.
    BigNeerav

Number of posts : 699

Post by BigNeerav Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:41 am

ChimneyVator wrote:Have you ever head of something called the Animation Age Ghetto? (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AnimationAgeGhetto) I hate to break it to you, but we're living in the heart of it. Cartoons, especially thost that aren't dead baby comedies, will most likely be treated as children only for years to come. Attiutdes like this will prevail until shows like PaF finally recieve the attention from pooular culture they deserve.

Do your part- write to your local senator about how excellent Phineas and Ferb is! (Only kidding).
    Unfortunately, you are right about cartoons there, Chimneyvator. It may be a while until they get the proper respect they deserve.

Post by Laughingcheese:) Sat May 02, 2009 10:53 am

Ok i have an example what people are thinking of phineas and ferb.My friend and i where filling in a questionaire,I randomly commented that i havent been on the PaF forum for a WHOLE DAY!!! quite innocently.She turned to me and said "Rachael you are pathetic.Phineas and ferb is the saddest cartoon going and you think that there actually any other people who like phineas and ferb apart from that little forum..i dont think so.i bet PaF have about 10 members while twilight (gggrrrr) has thousands.Rachael all the characters are gay and stupid and its not even injoyable.I bet youd want to go on a date with a stupid peice of paper.Also of all places its on disney which is sad.tALK TO ME WHEN YOU GET A GOOD OBBSESSION LIKE TWILIGHT!" then she got up and left because the bell went.

I have come to a conclusion that maybe people think this because its on disney.When people think of disney nowadays they think of obnoxious teenagers and unfunny jokes.I am literally fed up so i sent her many PaF pics on a twilight page of hers am sorry but it had to be done!!!! Sad
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Number of posts : 1351

Post by Roy42 Sat May 02, 2009 12:00 pm

Wow, that seems kinda overboard, at least I know of at least two people now who think this forum is stupid. (the other is Atomius)

Well there is the argument that it could have been on something like Fox Kids, Nick, etc. and yet I bet even then, they would just say the same thing.

The fact of the matter is, they are a different generation, the reason why they don't appreciate the genius that is Phineas and Ferb is because ultimately, Phineas and Ferb is not a kid's show, because the kids of today aren't of the same generation that the comedy is, it's for teens and above, so kids don't like it because they are pathetic idiots and teens won't like it because they have got the mindset that Disney is only aimed at kids now, so we're stuck in a vicious circle that only the truly exceptional people, as well as everyone else who isn't me, can escape.
    tiggertine
    tiggertine

Post by tiggertine Sat May 02, 2009 3:45 pm

@LC: lolwut.

Where does she live? I wanna beat some sense into her pinata-style. 8D

...no, not really, but that's still kind of an extreme reaction to just talking about some show you like, isn't it? Razz

Post by Laughingcheese:) Sat May 02, 2009 4:24 pm

Yeah she tends to get pretty annoyed with Phineas and Ferb.I dont know why but she dosent seem to like the roles of the characters.She has got a bit of a temper on her though so i wouldnt really be suprized am used to this type of disscusion.
    IamThePlatypus
    IamThePlatypus

Number of posts : 232
    Registration date : 2009-04-06

Post by IamThePlatypus Thu May 07, 2009 6:33 am

Gosh, I hate high school, so glad to be out of it. I was into Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce, Go! when I was 14 and 15, and I know what it's like to be into something and have people be like, "Omg you're such a baby grow up gosh." and such. Teens are cruel. I don't miss those years.

Honestly, I haven't faced much of this kinda thing (probably mostly because I'm out of those awkward years.) I pretty much got my best friends at school as obsessed with it as me, to the point where one day in the spring we spent 3 hours going around taking pictures with Perry the Platypus around campus. I feel like most people have been open to my obsession-ness, even those who don't know me well just kind of laugh when my Perry the Platypus ringtone goes off - I've even gotten a couple of high fives walking around.

Just ignore those who try to mock - they don't know what they're missing.
    eeemeee
    eeemeee

Number of posts : 449

Post by eeemeee Thu May 07, 2009 7:13 am

(Oh my Martha, it's hard to type while eating a Fudgesicle! Anyways...)

This is why I don't tell people about it. Or at least, I don't tell them unless they ask.

I mean, I'll still do whatever I want to-- if I felt like sticking a large picture on my wall that included an image of Ferb on it, then yeah, I'd do that, even if other people would see it. If someone noticed and asked about it, I'd tell them I like PaF, whatever. But I don't purposely flaunt it, or tell people if they don't ask. If trouble wants to open the gate itself, fine, but I'm not going to tie balloons the fence and put up a sign that says "Party over here!!!" or anything.

Same thing goes for my liking of trains. I don't really tell people unless they notice that I happen to be reading a very large book entitled "The Pictorial Encyclopedia of Railways" and say "What the heck are you reading that for?!"

My sister, of course, vigorously maintains that Phineas and Ferb is a "baby show" and that I'm a "baby" for watching it, and that trains are a "boy thing" and that "I obviously should've been born a boy." But, I think she lives to annoy me, so y'know, whatever. Razz
    tiggertine
    tiggertine

Post by tiggertine Thu May 07, 2009 3:04 pm

My friends personally don't mind too much if I like PaF....occasionally they'll tease me about it a bit "Ohhhhhhh, look at that new commercial for a new episode, don't you have to see it now?!" but for the most part I'm too immature in the first place for them to really care, and occasionally they'll be supportive and watch it with me. xD

Plus, I'm always teasing them about their Twilight love so it evens out. xD
    Livyrosebud
    Livyrosebud

Number of posts : 253

Post by Livyrosebud Thu May 07, 2009 10:28 pm

Luckily most of my school likes Phineas and Ferb as well. (and Twilight too unforntunately, but at least it balances out a bit)My parents find it hard to believe that I like watching a cartoon, but they don't really question me about it. So I'm good. Very Happy

Post by Laughingcheese:) Sat May 09, 2009 8:54 am

XD happiness is very different in the schools other years
    top obbsessions:
    1.Twilight (why?)
    2.English football (sorry i cant write soccer i think of rats for some reason instead of football)
    3.Noughts and crosses (good book but still...)

Arrow carry on looking down and you shall see the last obbsession!!!

109586: phineas and ferb*

*this is an estimated number becuase only two other people i know watch it and there not even obbsessed Sad
    tiggertine
    tiggertine

Post by tiggertine Sat May 09, 2009 5:02 pm

Heh, never heard of Noughts and Crosses. xD

Well, here in FFfflorida everyone's obsessed with annoying pop. D8

Post by Laughingcheese:) Sat May 09, 2009 5:38 pm

Oh well i suppose that would be good for some people.ALthough im more of a glam rock person myself Very Happy
    ChatterBox
    ChatterBox

Number of posts : 327
    Registration date : 2009-08-02

Post by ChatterBox Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:47 am

Well, where I live P+F would probably be in the top 100 obsessions, not sure where it places but pretty good. We love it at my school since we don't live in stupid pop music, celeb ruled society. We live sort of out, in the middle of no where and know what's actually sensible and worth enjoying and for what reasons. I mean, horses suck if they aren't being put to work out on a farm (gotta be a BIG farm to be worth it though) herding up cattle and what not. I mean, horses have no "soul purpose" on this planet because all they do is eat and poop and get sick and die. I mean, what's the point of that?

Anyways, P+F is a big hit where I live. Before I even had known of it's exsistence (I was living a very sad and depressing life) people were quoting it right and left and I had no clue (but it didn't take very long to discover it though). It I think is misunderstood though by the rest of the world without any common sense. I mean, it's sad that adults can't grasp the brilliance of a crime fighting platypus, not to mention an epic "man of action" who's British accent is the most amazing thing known to man, and that we mortals are extremely fortunate to have heard such a thing. Well, whatever, I know some parents who still understand it's genius-ness... -.-

Post by Laughingcheese:) Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:00 am

Where i live a lot of people hate it.....it can be quite annoying actually..............and Ferb being the best thing known to man?...in my opinon it would be Dr doofenshmirtz Very Happy
    ChatterBox
    ChatterBox

Number of posts : 327
    Registration date : 2009-08-02

Post by ChatterBox Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:30 pm

I wasn't saying that Ferb was the best thing known to man (that would HAVE to be Doofy, DUH!!). But I was talkng about Ferb's epic-ness.

I live out in the middle of know where stuck with sort of hill-billies but we're smart and we're kind people, not to mention hard working, caring, helpful...
    But we know what brings us good and what does not (farming, not rich, extremely small town so we know what we should watse money on and what we shouldn't except with P+F as exception but still, cable TV's a good buy). It's only because pop-culture and the liberal media doesn't get to us, and sometimes those things decide for us what's "cool" and what's not, or whatever. We actually had some sense in us when 'Hannah Montanna' came out, no one watched it, no one listened to her music, and no one cared. Same with Jonas brothers, I mean, seriously? I've never understood that obsession (if you are and obsessor, I'd like for you to tell me). We still have Twilight people but they only read it and talk about it a week after finishing the series, it's not that bad. MID-WEST FOREVER!!

Post by Laughingcheese:) Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:58 pm

Well yes i am an obsessor..tragically it cannot be helped...i find myself cursed with TWO obbsessions...not one..TWO!

p.s i just gatherd you meant Jonas Brother's obssesor.....ahh...well i dont get that either Smile
    phineasfletcher
    phineasfletcher

Number of posts : 19
    Registration date : 2009-08-01

Post by phineasfletcher Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:18 am

Laughingcheese:) wrote:Ok i have an example what people are thinking of phineas and ferb.My friend and i where filling in a questionaire,I randomly commented that i havent been on the PaF forum for a WHOLE DAY!!! quite innocently.She turned to me and said "Rachael you are pathetic.Phineas and ferb is the saddest cartoon going and you think that there actually any other people who like phineas and ferb apart from that little forum..i dont think so.i bet PaF have about 10 members while twilight (gggrrrr) has thousands.Rachael all the characters are gay and stupid and its not even injoyable.I bet youd want to go on a date with a stupid peice of paper.Also of all places its on disney which is sad.tALK TO ME WHEN YOU GET A GOOD OBBSESSION LIKE TWILIGHT!" then she got up and left because the bell went.

I have come to a conclusion that maybe people think this because its on disney.When people think of disney nowadays they think of obnoxious teenagers and unfunny jokes.I am literally fed up so i sent her many PaF pics on a twilight page of hers am sorry but it had to be done!!!! Sad
    twilight fans are the most annoying they alwarys mock other peoples favorites unless its twillight f

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:06 am