The Phineas and Ferb Community Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics

» Hihi - Introduce Yourself
How a Test Audience Killed the BEST MOVIE EVER EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 11:49 pm by eeemeee

» FanFiction
How a Test Audience Killed the BEST MOVIE EVER EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 8:01 am by Roy42

» Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension
How a Test Audience Killed the BEST MOVIE EVER EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 10:15 pm by CoffeeFlavord

» (Fic) Snow Dungeon
How a Test Audience Killed the BEST MOVIE EVER EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:46 am by CoffeeFlavord

» Perry/Doofenshmirtz
How a Test Audience Killed the BEST MOVIE EVER EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:36 am by CoffeeFlavord

» Candace Disconnected
How a Test Audience Killed the BEST MOVIE EVER EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 7:57 pm by CoffeeFlavord

» Where did everybody go?
How a Test Audience Killed the BEST MOVIE EVER EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 5:26 am by Noellicorn

» Spongebob ?!?
How a Test Audience Killed the BEST MOVIE EVER EmptyMon May 16, 2011 2:20 am by digigirl02

» Just A Quick Question
How a Test Audience Killed the BEST MOVIE EVER EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 3:59 am by Roy42

2 posters

How a Test Audience Killed the BEST MOVIE EVER

Dr. Doofenshmirtz
    Dr. Doofenshmirtz

Number of posts : 52
    Registration date : 2009-06-27

How a Test Audience Killed the BEST MOVIE EVER Empty How a Test Audience Killed the BEST MOVIE EVER

Post by Dr. Doofenshmirtz Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:06 am

I remember a play. A lovely play that had everything: hilarious comedy, tearful drama, engaging psychological and moral dilemas, and catchy music. It was made into a film by the lovely and talented Frank Oz. Everything that made the play so epic was improved...until the final 20 minutes. I am speaking of the sad, sad tale of what happened to Little Shop of Horrors.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Shop_of_Horrors_(film)#The_original_ending
    The original ending has already leaked online in a work-print rough-cut music-and-special-effects-missing edition. Imagine if a test audience critiqued Romeo and Juliet or Citizen Kane. If I really need to explain what made the movie almost epic win, and what was so good about the original ending, let me link you to a blog post from some guy I've never met that apparantly has good taste.
    http://mondomusicals.blogspot.com/2008/02/little-shop-root-of-all-evil.html
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Number of posts : 1351
    Registration date : 2009-03-01

How a Test Audience Killed the BEST MOVIE EVER Empty Re: How a Test Audience Killed the BEST MOVIE EVER

Post by Roy42 Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:10 am

Right; there are a number of things wrong with your post:

First, the title bears no correlation to what is in the post, not to mention the inclusion of "BEST MOVIE EVER" which is an immediate fallacy.

Second, because of you not putting any mention of the movie in the thread title, you leave people completely in the dark about what you're talking about until you quickly say that it's Little Shop of Horrors. Everything you're saying before that has nothing to do with the thread title either, because that's just you describing the play, the adaptation, what you think about it, and that the final 20 minutes had something happen. But we never get told in the post, so it's still putting everyone in the dark.

Third, because the link to Wikipedia isn't complete, it takes more effort to find what you are referring to. Along with this, you do not do what is generally considered a standard in this sort of thing, and post a short summary of what the article is saying, or at least say what the hell you're talking about, because for one reading just this post, there is still no indication as to the correlation between the thread title, the movie, or the rest of the post.

Lastly, you provide no link to watch the original ending, and yet say "If I really need to explain…what was so good about the original ending…" like we all stopped reading this post to track down the leaked clip to watch, or even went and got the entire movie to watch, yet were still confused as to what your point was.

But in any case, you do. You do need to explain these things, because its you who seems so worked up about it, and you who took the time to make this thread about it. You do have to tell us why it's 'almost epic win' because otherwise the entire post is pointless, although considering the post is already confusing and can't figure out what it wants to say, I don't see why adding 'pointless' on top of that list is a bad thing.

Now I'm going to explain to people what should have already been explained.

Basically, user Dr. Doofenshmirtz is talking about the 1987 film Little Shop of Horrors. I won't go into the film itself, but what Dr. Doofenshmirtz is talking about is the original ending of the film. The original ending was test screened in front of audiences, in which basically all of the film's main characters are killed. Because of this, test audiences rejected it as being 'too disturbing', and an alternate ending that was basically happy was filmed and used in the theatre release.

Now, since this is in no way something that should have its own thread, I'll be merging it with another thread, as soon as everyone's had a look to see what this is about.
    Dr. Doofenshmirtz
    Dr. Doofenshmirtz

Number of posts : 52
    Registration date : 2009-06-27

How a Test Audience Killed the BEST MOVIE EVER Empty Re: How a Test Audience Killed the BEST MOVIE EVER

Post by Dr. Doofenshmirtz Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:22 pm

Someone's got a case of the grumpies! XD

Look, I wanted to make sure that I wouldn't get banned for linking to pirated content. So here's the original ending in all its unfinished glory.
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2278372096695517679&ei=ugj_SsvcIozOrAKCv4mUBw&q=little+shop+of+horrors+original+ending&hl=en#
    *Exposition deleted*
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Number of posts : 1351
    Registration date : 2009-03-01

Post by Roy42 Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:33 pm

Well, looks like you completely missed the point of what I said. I didn't ask you to repost, explaining the plot of the ending and putting a link to the ending.

In any case, if you, OR ANYONE ELSE, FOR THAT MATTER, had read the rules, both when you signed up and after registration, where I reiterated those rules, you would have already known if you would get banned for linking to pirated content.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:22 am