The Phineas and Ferb Community Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics

» Hihi - Introduce Yourself
Ferb EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 11:49 pm by eeemeee

» FanFiction
Ferb EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 8:01 am by Roy42

» Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension
Ferb EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 10:15 pm by CoffeeFlavord

» (Fic) Snow Dungeon
Ferb EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:46 am by CoffeeFlavord

» Perry/Doofenshmirtz
Ferb EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:36 am by CoffeeFlavord

» Candace Disconnected
Ferb EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 7:57 pm by CoffeeFlavord

» Where did everybody go?
Ferb EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 5:26 am by Noellicorn

» Spongebob ?!?
Ferb EmptyMon May 16, 2011 2:20 am by digigirl02

» Just A Quick Question
Ferb EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 3:59 am by Roy42

+14
Ferbelle
DjangoKatie
phineasavatar1
phineasfletcher
LillyCrystal
Dr. Doofenshmirtz
agentpfan
Livyrosebud
IamThePlatypus
Laughingcheese:)
tiggertine
BigNeerav
eeemeee
Roy42
18 posters

Ferb

Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Number of posts : 1351
    Registration date : 2009-03-01

Ferb Empty Ferb

Post by Roy42 Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:49 am

Ferb is one of the main characters of the show, hence his name in the title of the show. In comparison to his step-brother Phineas, or anyone, or even when on his own, Ferb is fairly quiet, he is a man of action, who firmly believes that actions speak louder than words, though when he does, his cool, calm British accent only accentuates the intelligent and deep thoughts that emerge from his mouth. Despite his not saying much, he always proves that he cares for Phineas as he always is keen to put his hands to work on the latest plan for enhanced awesomeness. Ferb has 2 siblings, loving parents, the same close circle of friends as Phineas and the same fame that accompanies Phineas from the Tri-State area.

Share your thoughts on this character.
    eeemeee
    eeemeee

Number of posts : 449
    Registration date : 2009-03-20

Ferb Empty Re: Ferb

Post by eeemeee Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:44 am

Aw, Ferb....

I don't think we've ever seen Ferb with a more emotional face than he had in "Lake Nose Monster" when he was saying, "If such a creature did exist..." I mean, that's only time I think we've actually seen his eyebrows.
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:59 am

I know, he seemed to be really caring for Nosey, or maybe he was just sad about having his camera destroyed…

I think Ferb is the closest character to a favorite that ever could be for me.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:32 pm

Ferb is a good fellow. His accent is civilized imo, like mine, though not exactly. I like the way he speaks not regularly but on occasion and how this, as Roy put it, accentuates his intelligence. He makes a good comparison character to Phineas and a good sidekick. His one liners are memorable imo. And i guess he's an all round likeable chap.
    eeemeee
    eeemeee

Post by eeemeee Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:16 am

Roy42 wrote:I know, he seemed to be really caring for Nosey, or maybe he was just sad about having his camera destroyed…

Whoever animated him for that particular moment did a really great job, I think, by having his eyes like that for just a second. Kind of like a small glimpse through the impenetrable Ferb facade, and then back to normal.
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:27 am

I made many comments on Ferb back at TV.com, I shall attempt to find them…
    BigNeerav

Number of posts : 699

Post by BigNeerav Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:29 am

Roy42 wrote:I know, he seemed to be really caring for Nosey, or maybe he was just sad about having his camera destroyed…

I think Ferb is the closest character to a favorite that ever could be for me.
    I agree.......I sort of wish I could be like Ferb myself.......he is smart, mechanically skilled, and only says something when it is really warranted. Ferb is definitely a cool character.
    tiggertine
    tiggertine

Number of posts : 456

Post by tiggertine Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:07 pm

Ferb is the stuff. "Well, don't just stand there. KISS HER!"

Ferb Postulate: Everything that comes out of Ferb's mouth is epic. Even vomit. No exceptions.
    eeemeee
    eeemeee

Post by eeemeee Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:44 am

tiggertine wrote:Ferb Postulate: Everything that comes out of Ferb's mouth is epic. Even vomit. No exceptions.

I think we should prove the Ferb Postulate and make it a law of science. Somebody go put Ferb on a boat in the middle of a stormy ocean. tongue
    BigNeerav

Post by BigNeerav Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:42 pm

Ferb's moment in the episode "The Chronicles of Meap" was the best one that I have seen so far in Season 2, and since the show started. My friends and I are still reeling from laughter from when Ferb hit on Vanessa when he pulled down his glasses and said "You diggin my ride from outer space". I hope to see not only more great moments by Ferb, but to see more evolution of the Ferb/Vanessa plot. This was truly one of Ferb's best moments in the show.
    eeemeee
    eeemeee

Post by eeemeee Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:29 am

How old do you think Ferb was when he moved from Britain?

Obviously, he had to have been old enough to have been speaking for a bit, as otherwise he wouldn't have his accent. But then, it would take a time for Lawrence and Linda to meet each other, and for their relationship to grow enough for them to marry, so they had to have been here for awhile before the scene in which we see Ferb meeting Candace and Phineas in the Little Brothers song.

But Ferb looks quite young in that scene...?
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:33 am

Ferb's moment in the episode "The Chronicles of Meap" was the best one that I have seen so far in Season 2, and since the show started. My friends and I are still reeling from laughter from when Ferb hit on Vanessa when he pulled down his glasses and said "You diggin my ride from outer space". I hope to see not only more great moments by Ferb, but to see more evolution of the Ferb/Vanessa plot. This was truly one of Ferb's best moments in the show.

Yeah, excluding that part of the show, because it's like declaring that Crayon Physics Deluxe is awesome to a forum full of the fans, it's just a waste of breath by that point, I think my favorite moment would be, in the same boat as me declaring my favorite, actually,

I did like that part, but I just can't play favorites, even with something as great as a character like him.
    BigNeerav

Post by BigNeerav Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:36 am

eeemeee wrote:How old do you think Ferb was when he moved from Britain?

Obviously, he had to have been old enough to have been speaking for a bit, as otherwise he wouldn't have his accent. But then, it would take a time for Lawrence and Linda to meet each other, and for their relationship to grow enough for them to marry, so they had to have been here for awhile before the scene in which we see Ferb meeting Candace and Phineas in the Little Brothers song.

But Ferb looks quite young in that scene...?
    That is a good question, eeeemeee, and has been a source of speculation for some time, especially as to what happened to Ferb's mother or who she was, which, it looks like we may never know about. My guess is that Ferb may have lived in Britian (England) for a couple of years before he moved to the US with his father when he married Linda. That is how he could have gotten his British accent. But as I said, this is all pure speculation at this point, since nothing is really known about Ferb's past beyond him meeting Phineas in the song "Little Brothers".
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:46 am

Well, the topic is as controversial at this point as the topic of how old the boys are, there is simply no correct answer (shut up, anyone from the wiki, they retracted that fact) and there likely won't ever be.
    BigNeerav

Post by BigNeerav Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:51 am

I was just reading about that on "Phineas and Ferb Wikia" just a half hour ago, and there is no real way to say what age Phineas and Ferb are, and Dan and Swampy outright REFUSE to say what the ages of Phineas and Ferb are. That is why it is pretty hard to figure out something like how old Ferb was when he moved to the US and became a member of the Flynn-Fletcher family. In my opinion, it is not really worth speculating, because it takes away from enjoying Ferb as a great character in the show.
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:18 am

No, as flash will be quick to remind you, the original story pitch says they are 9, even though Dan and Swampy took it out because they decided to not have that be their age, the wiki will defiantly say that they are 9.
    BigNeerav

Post by BigNeerav Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:42 am

Yes, I did see that in Wikia. I was thinking about how old Phineas and Ferb could be and I guessed around 9 or 10 years of age, although for some reason, Ferb looks older than Phineas because hieight-wise, Ferb is slightly taller than Phineas. Even though Wikia does have the ages of Phineas and Ferb at 9, I agree with Dan and Swampy in not defining what age they are.
    eeemeee
    eeemeee

Post by eeemeee Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:46 am

BigNeerav wrote: In my opinion, it is not really worth speculating, because it takes away from enjoying Ferb as a great character in the show.

Well, you don't have to speculate then, but I'd still like to.

I know a guy who was born in Britain, and moved to US when he was young. He was old enough that he was learning to talk when they emigrated- I don't think he was fully fluent yet, but he knew enough to be able to point and say "Crap!" when a bird... erm, did its business on his dad's head in the middle of a busy street, as I've heard. Razz

And yet, he completely lost his accent. Despite a few British pronunciation quirks from his parents (such as pronouncing "yogurt" as "yog-ert" instead of "yo-gert"), his accent is completely American.

So, I can't help thinking that either Phineas and Ferb are a bit older than they look in that scene in "Little Brothers", or a suspension of belief is required here, and we just assume that Ferb keeps his accent because he's awesome like that, even though in real life he would not.

BigNeerav wrote:...although for some reason, Ferb looks older than Phineas because hieight-wise, Ferb is slightly taller than Phineas.

I can't remember exactly when or where, but I remember I once read that Dan said that Phineas and Ferb are the same age, despite their height difference. He said that Phineas was purposely short because there's something charming about a diminutive character with that much personality.
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:45 am

Firstly, all those comments by Dan are on the YouTube videos for Phineas and Ferb, scattered around, he said that they are both the same age, also, considering Phineas' head shape, they are both the same volume anyway.

Am I the only one who thinks Phineas and Ferb could have been at least 3-4 and I'm pretty sure that the geniuses could have been able to talk fluently by the time they were 2 even, especially since they were already standing up on their own.
    BigNeerav

Post by BigNeerav Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:51 pm

I think I remember also reading that they are the same age (and that age was 9, according to some sources). As discussed with Roy before, Wikia has Phineas and Ferb at 9 years of age, although Dan and Swampy did not want to give an age for them.

Since Phineas and Ferb are quite bright for thier age, it is possible that they could have picked up/learned how to speak when they were as young as 2 years of age, before they met each other (as per the song "Little Brothers"). Ferb's dad (Lawrence) still has a pretty strong British accent, even though it has been years since he married Linda and moved to the U.S. from Britian, and that would still have an influence on Ferb's ability to still keep his British acccent.
    Roy42
    Roy42
    Administrator

Post by Roy42 Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:13 pm

Quite bright to be able to speak at 2? Awesome, I had a genius space-brain from the day I was born, since I not only could speak at the age, but I distinctly recall being able to read my first book when I was 2. (also I rollerbladed first when I was 3) but, back on topic………
    BigNeerav

Post by BigNeerav Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:27 pm

HAHAHAHA Roy! I wish I could read and talk by two years of age. Anyways, if Ferb was very smart, then it is possible he learned to talk (and possibly read) at an early age compared to most normal children his age, especially if he was taught by his parents. Of course, we may never know this for sure.

Number of posts : 334
    Location : The UK or if you prefer a basement in the middle of nowhere where I keep my pencil's and paper.

Post by Laughingcheese:) Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:24 pm

For some reason ferb reminds me of myself..not the brainy part but the way he wont speak until he gives us a fact or trys to tell the viewers/family information.....and i dont know why........... tongue
    tiggertine
    tiggertine

Number of posts : 456

Post by tiggertine Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:06 pm

He probably did learn to talk at a very early age, but didn't feel the need to speak often, so everyone thought he was dim-witted.....until they saw his mechanical talents in action. Very Happy

(I had more of a computer-type smartness when I was young, I learned how to code basic HTML at around four. xD)
    BigNeerav

Post by BigNeerav Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:10 am

I like Ferb because he only speaks when it is absolutely necessary to, and in that way, he avoids making himself look like a complete idiot, especially in front of others. In addition, whenever Ferb speaks, he makes sure what he says makes sense. There are days in which I wish I could imitate Ferb in that way, as I have seen and heard many people say just stupid stuff in which they end up putting their foot in thier mouth not once or twice, but multiple times.......sometimes in one day!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:38 pm